• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

KalBalboa

Banned
Maybe a stupid question but is there any reason devs/Sony couldn't do what the WiiU is doing with the Vita/PS3?

They're already doing it, really, and even more in a lot of ways.

TVii is definitely the BIG difference in terms of what the Wii-U can do that PS3 apparently can't, but Remote Play/Cross-Controller/Cross-Play, etc, all sort of diminish the "magic" of what the Wii-U is offering.

Here's Carl's video of some new Remote Play footage.

Massa

Seriously. SCEA is like the king of trolls. How did they possibly manage to put out so few of the PSOne classics on launch of the support? How is Frobisher Says and Ecolibrium and all sorts of other games availalbe in EU which are in English *not* already on the NA PSN store? How has EU had sales on Vita games, PSP games, and PSOne games and all we've gotten is a few deals because of the Olympics or because a publisher decided to discount their catalog? I'm really not sure how they do that unless they're intentionally trying to troll the owners in NA.

Sony in general, and specially SCEA, just doesn't seem to have enough money to promote shit. You can tell it by how often they straight up send games to die, and if they can't support games let alone an entire platform. It's been a problem with the Vita and it's going to be a problem with the PS4 as well.

The store is a joke. You can't even buy things from a web browser for crying out loud. They're running the kind of operation you'd expect from the Oyua guys and not anywhere on the level of a modern software platform from an industry leader.

billsmugs

With Ecolibrium, what is the difference between the trial and the full game?
ahMYP.jpg

EDIT:They seem to have removed the trial option now, unless it just doesn't appear for me since I have the full version?

I can't really get into the game, myself. You add a few trees/creatures then it tells you you have to stop playing for 100 mins before you can do anything else. I assume you can pay to recharge or something, like ToM Blitz? (A game which was made infinitely better when it glitched up and gave me 400k crystals and a thousand lives lol)

I've added my name to the Google Doc, I had no idea what I was doing in the Treasure Park "tutorial" so I'd appreciate any (preferably easy) puzzles to practise on. Is there any way to play the tutorials again by the way? No one uploads puzzles to Near around me and none of my friends have Vitas, so I haven't been able to try any more.

oldmario

Wiiu is cheaper than the vita?really?

Someone tweeted from a Gamestation store twitter saying they where £210 and £250 for 8/32gb and they must have tweeted the wrong prices and deleted it, the prices are 269 and 309 IIRC so the vita is safe.... for now

Ponn

Banned
They're already doing it, really, and even more in a lot of ways.

TVii is definitely the BIG difference in terms of what the Wii-U can do that PS3 apparently can't, but Remote Play/Cross-Controller/Cross-Play, etc, all sort of diminish the "magic" of what the Wii-U is offering.

Here's Carl's video of some new Remote Play footage.

YOSP had talked about how one of the biggest challenges was getting Vita to communicate with PS3 since PS3 wasn't designed with Vita in mind. Hence simple things like trophies syncing and seeing others on Vita from PS3 are actually hard to to. I am betting though PS4 will be fully integrated Wii-U style with Vita.

Has anyone tried importing iTunes playlists on the Vita? I'm having a heck of a time. created M3U file (both kind, seems theres two different kinds under export in iTunes but I created both) put them in folder CMA points to for music and rebuild CMA database but Vita is just not seeing any playlists in folder.

RoeBear

Yea did anyone else notice that the internal memory with the Wii U was similar to the prices for Vita memory cards Retail 8 gig is $30 and 32 is $100 but are now like $80 on amazon. I wonder if early adopters will be as mad as people were about the Vita?

patsu

YOSP had talked about how one of the biggest challenges was getting Vita to communicate with PS3 since PS3 wasn't designed with Vita in mind. Hence simple things like trophies syncing and seeing others on Vita from PS3 are actually hard to to. I am betting though PS4 will be fully integrated Wii-U style with Vita.

Has anyone tried importing iTunes playlists on the Vita? I'm having a heck of a time. created M3U file (both kind, seems theres two different kinds under export in iTunes but I created both) put them in folder CMA points to for music and rebuild CMA database but Vita is just not seeing any playlists in folder.

I'll try it this weekend.

$250 Vita + $179 PS3 does equal a big userbase

[Chuckle] They do need to address all the end user concerns (ease-of-use, price, consistency, ...) for real, rather than throwing us prototypes and small tools one after another. ^_^

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I apparently am a member of the Best Buy Gamer's Club? I guess I signed up for it at some point...I think it's free? Whatever the case, the $15 off MGSHD is still available (until Saturday). So yay for that - going to be picking it up after work!

Sid

Someone tweeted from a Gamestation store twitter saying they where £210 and £250 for 8/32gb and they must have tweeted the wrong prices and deleted it, the prices are 269 and 309 IIRC so the vita is safe.... for now
It's DOOMED all day everyday,everyday is a DOOMSDAY in vita land!

Vitacat

Why all the WiiU to Vita comparisons?

I take my Vita out with me pretty often. It's actually a pretty decent mini-tablet (basic browsing, checking gmail, multimedia, facebook etc.). I'll be taking it on a plane trip in 2 weeks. I don't get the impression that the WiiU tablet is meant to be portable/pocketable in the sense that Vita is. Is it?

Sid

Why all the WiiU to Vita comparisons?

I take my Vita out with me pretty often. It's actually a pretty decent mini-tablet (basic browsing, checking gmail, multimedia, facebook etc.). I'll be taking it on a plane trip in 2 weeks. I don't get the impression that the WiiU tablet is meant to be portable/pocketable in the sense that Vita is. Is it?
Absolutely not,ridiculous comparisons.

Hanmik

someone sent me a friend request .. but my ps3 displayed an error message .. and the invite disappeared before I got his name.. sorry for that whoever you are . but please send again.

Twinduct

Don't think I'll be an early Wii U adopter. Sadly the only the game I have any interest in playing is Zombi U (From the launch lineup). Afterwards the only games launching I would jump on is Bayo 2 and Monster Hunter. Although I imagine I'd buy a 3DS before I buy a Wii U ... wait this is a Vita thread!

So what the chance of Sony hiding some killer exclusives or announcements for TGS? Has there been any rumours of new announcements?

Sid

Don't think I'll be an early Wii U adopter. Sadly the only the game I have any interest in playing is Zombi U (From the launch lineup). Afterwards the only games launching I would jump on is Bayo 2 and Monster Hunter. Although I imagine I'd buy a 3DS before I buy a Wii U ... wait this is a Vita thread!

So what the chance of Sony hiding some killer exclusives or announcements for TGS? Has there been any rumours of new announcements?
None whatsoever but kawano said the balance would shift towards vita this year at tgs so expect some announcements.

Wanny

I wonder if we will get a MH game on Vita one day... I'm a bit disapointed by the 3G announcement for Wii U in NA. Especially online play.

We need something like that on Vita with real infrastructure support...

Takao

Banned
I wonder if we will get a MH game on Vita one day... I'm a bit disapointed by the 3G announcement for Wii U in NA. Especially online play.

We need something like that on Vita with real infrastructure support...

I don't think there will be an MH on Vita. I doubt SCE would invest in Soul Sacrifice if they had the mother cow.

I thought I read a while ago that there were going to be some unannounced Vita titles at TGS?

Vita would be dead if it didn't have any new announcements at TGS.

Sid

I don't think there will be an MH on Vita. I doubt SCE would invest in Soul Sacrifice if they had the mother cow.

Yup,do you think souls sacrifice will be a big seller?

After TGS we'll know if Sony has any plans to revive the Vita or if it has given up on the project altogether.

Yup,do you think souls sacrifice will be a big seller?

I personally think it could sell a couple of hundred thousand in Japan.

WiiU had killer announcements today. Lets hope the best for Vita on TGS.

You mean in terms of SW? Besides MH3 HD and Bayonetta 2 we kinda new everything that was coming, right?

Wanny

Oh well at least I got LBP on my Vita. The only PS3 exclusive I care about. Shame on Capcom for pissing on Playstation users in NA.

patsu

Vita is a portable console whereas the wiiu gamepad is a controller.

Sure, and then there's 3DS + WiiU akin to Vita + PS3 Cross-play.

At this point, the vendors are just consolidating their platforms into an ecosystem to standout better.

That's only been demonstrated with a 3DS port on Wii U in Monster Hunter Tri G. That was capable on PSP in the PS3's Monster Hunter port.

Yeah, but PS3 RemotePlay support is also not universal.

At the end of the day, Sony need to consolidate its platforms together, better than what it's doing now -- without losing their identities.

zroid

Banned
I think I'm going to sell my Vita now, need some extra cash to pay for an unexpectedly $349 Wii U :(

I'M KIDDING

I've gotta play Persona 4 Golden first, of course, you silly people. (...then I'll sell it)

Still kidding, I'm not going to sell it ;D
<3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom