• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.
In random order from Gamestop's website

Persona 4 : Golden
Ragnarok Odyssey
NFS : Most Wanted
AssCreed III : Liberation
Smart As
Street Fighter x Tekken
Zero's Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
Playstation Allstars Battle Royale
Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed
Silent Hill: Book of Memories

Probably a few others I missed.

those are all in oct nov aren't they?

Takao

Banned
Tokyo Game Show attendees who bring their PlayStation Vita to the show will be able to take part in an augmented reality game, Tokyo Game Show Detectives: Find the Missing Female Spy, at Sony's booth this year.

Tokyo Game Show Detectives is a free application that can be downloaded from the Japanese PlayStation Store. Using the Vita's AR features, players must track down the spy — disguised as one of the many attentive booth "companions" — by scanning the PlayStation booth for clues.

Those who successfully identify the spy will have a chance to win 2,000 yen in credit from the PlayStation Store.

Sony has another AR game playable at the show, Box! Open Me. According to a translation from Wired, players can request a brochure from Sony's PlayStation booth, letting them play a preview of the game. Box! Open Me, from PlayStation C.A.M.P. and Sony, will be released as a downloadable title from the PlayStation Store.

http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012...show-detectives-ps-vita-augmented-reality-tgs

Copenap

Played my first two games on the PvZ Table, Slaughterbarons score is still quite far away but I think it's possible.

Anyway to get rid of the Avengers Trial tables? I read they aren't that good but it's anoying to see them in the trophie list.

Edit´: Haven't quite figured out Treasure Park yet and didn't find any plans on near so if you have som to spare... :(
Hope they make it possible to send the plan to ten people at once in the next update, takes forever at the moment.

I just downloaded the official YouTube app for iPhone and it has all the features I wish the Vita version had. I can see subscriptions, channels, playlists... Everything! It's freaking amazing! I hope they don't abandon the Vita app.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Loving remote play and ICO. Two cropped camshots for your viewing pleasure. iPhone 4s quality.

I want this for Folklore so I can finally play it on bed/everywhere.

but Sony is a complete big ball of fail,some else should make remote play app for Folklore using PSmobile or something.

Grimy..Stop changing your avatar every hour, I don't even know you anymore(no really it's hard to follow your posts sometimes I miss few of them them you change it)

It's also worth noting that if you pause LittleBigPlanet there's a screenshot feature.

Welcome back.

Malicious Rebirth new site is up

http://malicious-rebirth.alvion.jp/

too little too late.

z-gundam-launch_o_gifk9izb.gif

So good.

So Zen Pinball 2 says the full game is free in the Store, but that is not true. Its just the demo.

Yeah, and if you don´t buy any of the new tables or packs, trophies are locked, even if you already own zen pinball 1 tables, i´ve synced several from the first game, i can play without time or point limits, but i have no trophies for the tables i own.

Pretty lame if you ask me.

too little too late.

What is too little too late about Malicious Rebirth??

And Takao, I think all we have heard as far as new stuff for the Vita version (including a quick double-check of the updated website) is

A new "epilogue" chapter following the original 6 stages
New Hammer and Needle attacks

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
What is too little too late about Malicious Rebirth??

Too late = I was waiting for Malicious Rebirth but got impatient and bought Malicious on PS3,now I just don't care anymore.

Too little =Now that I got Malicious,I think there is not enough new content in Rebirth for me to care or Double dipping.

A new "epilogue" chapter following the original 6 stages
New Hammer and Needle attacks

So yeah too little ,sadly this is no NG Sigma like port,they need to add more and fix a lot of stuff(again for me to double dipping),but I don't see that happening.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Yeah, and if you don´t buy any of the new tables or packs, trophies are locked, even if you already own zen pinball 1 tables, i´ve synced several from the first game, i can play without time or point limits, but i have no trophies for the tables i own.

I thought this was a bug that is being currently looked into?

https://forum.zenstudios.com/showthread.php?4680-No-Trophies-on-Vita

https://twitter.com/zen_studios/status/245603707465633792

spectyre

what to do, what to do.

LBP seems like the ideal title to have digitally but if I can get it 4 days early... Ugh. Life is so much easier when you don't have to use willpower.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
what to do, what to do.

LBP seems like the ideal title to have digitally but if I can get it 4 days early... Ugh. Life is so much easier when you don't have to use willpower.

LBP is the kind of game you want on the system all the time(you will return many time,no one time play like most SP games) so wait and get it digitally.

Wanny

LBP is the kind of games you want on the system all the time(you will return many time,no one time play like most SP games) so wait and get it digitally.

It's hard. It hurts. The wait is killing us. I agree tho. Digitally is the best option for a game like LBP. You want to be able to boot the game anytime anywhere you want.

injurai

Banned
LBP is the kind of game you want on the system all the time(you will return many time,no one time play like most SP games) so wait and get it digitally.

then what sort of game would you recommend having physical instead? Planning on my two first games to be LBP and MGS HD.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
then what sort of game would you recommend having physical instead? Planning on my two first games to be LBP and MGS HD.

The games that you usually play once and then put in the case on the shelf like single player ones with no online or less replay value..ect

I'd say get MGS HD on cart,LBP digitally.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Metal Gear Solid HD, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, and Shinobido 2 are games that you can probably buy physically. I don't see the problem with switching out carts, and I don't really go back to games anyway (with the exception of tennis games), but games with a strong online or social element, or no finite end (like Disgaea 3), are usually what people prefer to buy digitally. Wipeout 2048, LittleBigPlanet, Virtua Tennis 4, and Playstation All Stars Battle Royale are all examples of that, as people will probably play them for an extended period of time.

Grinchy

Banned
I wish I didn't sell Lumines and Rayman. I felt like I had had my fill of them at the time, but now, months later, I really want to go back to them. If the digital copy of Lumines wasn't so stupidly priced, I'd re-dip.

The games that you usually play once and then put in the case on the shelf like single player ones with no online or less replay value..ect

I'd say get MGS HD on cart,LBP digitally.

I'd say the determining factor is "do I want this game forever?". Second is price vs. convienence.
If there's a chance, ever so slim, that I'll ever want to dump the game? I'll take the card. Especially if it's cheaper. :)
Since I've sold both of my PS3 copies of LBP games after finishing the Single Player and trying some of the community levels, I would personally *never* consider LBP digitally. Now MGS? Since I love those games and don't really plan on selling when I'm done, I was open to digital copy, but since Best Buy had the $15 off coupon, cart won out.

darkwing

I wish I didn't sell Lumines and Rayman. I felt like I had had my fill of them at the time, but now, months later, I really want to go back to them. If the digital copy of Lumines wasn't so stupidly priced, I'd re-dip.

I gave in and bought it digitally :|

Skyzard

Banned

Absolutely. I knew Lumines was steep when I bought it (I even don't usually buy platformers at full-price these days) but the gameplay of lumines was very long lasting and rayman was so well made and itself had a decent amount of content and extras to complete for over a years worth of gameplay if you only play now and then.

The benefit of collecting digital... but $ + mb = :(

I try and limit digital to replayable titles and retail to one-offers...or seriously large games <= but even that is disappointing if you like to replay them a lot (MGS HD collection + GR for me).

compiling a christmas wish list from sony to me.

zroid

Banned
Convenience is cool and all, but when I can consistently get the retail copies for half price or less than their download versions, all the while conserving space on my memory card for obligate digital games like PSN, PSP and PSone stuff, I can't really be arsed to buy anything digitally.

There is only one game in my mind right now which I think I'm going to have to make an exception for, and it's not a Vita game. It's Animal Crossing. It would take something in that vein to get me to fork over $10-20 extra for the download version.

Skyzard

Banned
Costs too much at the moment to be lazy/connivence...

But I also like have a game collection... you know, nice and organised - but that's just an obsessive thing really.

And the christmas wishlist...fairly common stuff I think. Missing anything major?

* Add a reasonably priced 64GB and slash the prices of the rest
* Increase 10 page limit +/- add folders
* No more intro-video/losing wallpapers and icon arrangement when switching cards
* Playlists on youtube+linking with browser and...Copy/Paste

That can't be it? Other then give me more free games and that. Oh..yeah a shitload of ps1 compatibility. Negotiate better licenses dammit..just show them sales figures for vita. How hard could it be :p

That sucks. :/

I started noticing a crackling sound coming from the left speaker. Like when when I change pages on the home screen it makes a little sound and I noticed it on other weirdly specific occasions, too. I don't like that.

Ponn

Banned

I haven't played the zen pinball 1 tables I synced yet but the Marvel Pinball/Avengers Chronicles I synced have popped trophies for me on Vita.

Treasure Park has been borked for me since last week. Just continues to say please wait and nothing happens, wont pull challenges or updates from near or messages. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling, lost my level (so yea, anyone not wanting to lose their level, don't uninstall) and still had same issue. Just uninstalled it again, No trophies, tedious and borked messaging system screwing up my PS3 messages and having to delete one by one equals forget about it.

GF stuff (bought used) always has the online passes, as far as I know. I've never gotten a game without one and I've bought a LOT of games from them.
Yeah, I've ordered a lot of things from Gamefly and from that pile, only 1 thing didn't come with the online pass.

GROSS when did lunch come back? Tbh
I agree, it is disgusting.

How often do your Vita lock-up so you have to do a hard-reset?

For me it's at least once a day.
It never locked up before the recent firmware update, but now that I'm playing it for hours on end after I got Project Diva f, it's been a few times per day.

Malicious Rebirth new site is up

http://malicious-rebirth.alvion.jp/
Sweet!

Grimy..Stop changing your avatar every hour, I don't even know you anymore(no really it's hard to follow your posts sometimes I miss few of them them you change it)
it's an addiction ):

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom