• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

daoster

How often do your Vita lock-up so you have to do a hard-reset?

For me it's at least once a day.

It's been happening to me more and more lately. At first, I thought it was because of Growlanser IV (as it's been happening most often while I play that game), but it just happened to me last night when I was playing LBP Vita

oldmario

* No more intro-video/losing wallpapers and icon arrangement when switching cards

If you hit the power button on the vita when the intro video starts playing you should be able to skip it and when you turn it back on the lockscreen should be there, worked for me when i formatted my vita at launch after trying out some japanese demos

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
How often do your Vita lock-up so you have to do a hard-reset?

For me it's at least once a day.

I had the FEB before returning and re-buying recently. My FEB locked up two or three times in the week or two I had it. So far, the one I have now, hasn't shown any signs of hiccuping or the likes.

E: Stupid question time. Charging my Vita. It's almost at full, but I want to play. Bad idea? As in, should I let it charge fully? And how bad is it really to let it sit on the charger for an extended period of time at full (like a few hours)? And can you replace the battery in the Vita ever?

It's good(?) to know that my Vita isn't the only one locking up a lot recently.

E: Stupid question time. Charging my Vita. It's almost at full, but I want to play. Bad idea? As in, should I let it charge fully? And how bad is it really to let it sit on the charger for an extended period of time at full (like a few hours)? And can you replace the battery in the Vita ever?

I don't think it's a bad idea. If it runs out of juice, it'll go into a sleep mode you can't turn back on so you can charge it and pick up right where you left off. Not sure about that second part. And... not sure again! It seems like it'd be a hassle to get this thing open.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
It's good(?) to know that my Vita isn't the only one locking up a lot recently.

I don't think it's a bad idea. If it runs out of juice, it'll go into a sleep mode you can't turn back on so you can charge it and pick up right where you left off. Not sure about that second part. And... not sure again! It seems like it'd be a hassle to get this thing open.

Maybe it is, yeah...I just hate when rechargeable devices lose their ability to charge haha.

There's practically nothing you can do to modern batteries to really damage them. Over time they will lose capacity no matter what, so just use your device as you want to.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Is the LBP question thread?

Can we play online multi? For the second level "Swing-bop Acrobatics", you need two players to complete it. Also, there's a section with some items I can't figure out...It's near the end of that level and it looks like a sticker board with a little flashing up carrot in the corner. I may need to take a screenshot to describe it, because it confuses me. It may be an LBP staple, but this is my first one I've ever dug into.

Also for the very first level, how do you Ace it? You have to use self-destruct per the level requirements I thought?

Shikoro

I started noticing a crackling sound coming from the left speaker. Like when when I change pages on the home screen it makes a little sound and I noticed it on other weirdly specific occasions, too. I don't like that.

I have that, too, but doesn't bother me since I wear headphones 95% of the time. And I think that everyone has this "problem"...

@above
The servers will be turned on when the game "officially" releases. :p

I have that, too, but doesn't bother me since I wear headphones 95% of the time. And I think that everyone has this "problem"...

Oh, really? Could someone else confirm that for me? I was actually thinking about sending it in, because I'm pretty anal about that (can't unhear it and all that); but if that's just how it is I wont bother.

My Vita wishlist:

'Souls' Game (Port of Dark or Demon's souls would be acceptable)
First person Fallout Game
Digital prices that are more in line with physical

Can't really think of much else, though I just got the unit. =P

injurai

Banned
The games that you usually play once and then put in the case on the shelf like single player ones with no online or less replay value..ect

I'd say get MGS HD on cart,LBP digitally.

Metal Gear Solid HD, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, and Shinobido 2 are games that you can probably buy physically. I don't see the problem with switching out carts, and I don't really go back to games anyway (with the exception of tennis games), but games with a strong online or social element, or no finite end (like Disgaea 3), are usually what people prefer to buy digitally. Wipeout 2048, LittleBigPlanet, Virtua Tennis 4, and Playstation All Stars Battle Royale are all examples of that, as people will probably play them for an extended period of time.

Digital prices are just so high that I doubt I would be getting many Vita games digitally. Of course I'll get some PSP games that I never got to play that way. Maybe if memory cards weren't so damn expensive.

But LBP and P4G seem like the perfect digital games. Does anyone know how large those will be? MGS HD is a bit big for only having only a 4gb memcard.

kiyomi

I actually think an isometric Fallout would be great on the Vita.

And every time I see P4G mentioned I die a little inside.

slaughterking said:
Oh, really? Could someone else confirm that for me? I was actually thinking about sending it in, because I'm pretty anal about that (can't unhear it and all that); but if that's just how it is I wont bother.
I noticed that with my headphones on, the main menu music has a crackly part. But I don't notice it with any other music in YouTube or in-game. Maybe it's just the file they're using for the menus is crap lol :)

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
This doesn't mean much as I absolutely loved the first few hours of Gravity Rush and absolutely loved Rayman Origins up until I sold it, but I'm absolutely loving LittleBigPlanet despite not liking the first game or the PSP version. The touch features are all rather inventive (except for the level that's controlled entirely with the rear touch pad; who thought that was a good idea?), the music's excellent, the game looks amazing, and it's simply a lot of fun, and that's even without the ability to play community levels or co-op.

My Vita wishlist:

'Souls' Game (Port of Dark or Demon's souls would be acceptable)
First person Fallout Game
Digital prices that are more in line with physical

Can't really think of much else, though I just got the unit. =P

I would absolutely love a Souls type game on Vita, as well as a Fallout game. If it was open world Fallout, with all the exploration and stuff from 3+New Vegas, I'd be in heaven. If they actually support streaming/remote play more it'd be possible to do 3 or NV that way but I doubt it'll happen for games outside of Sony's library.

A lot of people have had their Vita's locking up eh? Mine has only done it a few times.. I wonder if it has anything to do with the card being almost full?

In other news, I got my Sound Shapes double plat! So proud of that. Now I'm working on Army Corps of Hell, though I'm still not sure what I want to plat next. That one just seemed the easiest out of all my current vita games.

billsmugs

Is the LBP question thread?

Also for the very first level, how do you Ace it? You have to use self-destruct per the level requirements I thought?

I haven't got the game, but previous LBP games have had levels like this and usually if you go back to the level there will be some sort of switch (activated by a sticker probably) that allows you to bypass the suicide section. It'll probably be near the start and use a sticker you unlocked near the level end.

Vitacat

My vita has never locked up so far.

I wonder if its some setting or app causing lockups.

Also do you guys power down over night? I do. Im thinking lockups could be due to memory leaks, and letting the vita run continuously never gives It a chance to fully clear the RAM.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Also do you guys power down over night? I do. Im thinking lockups could be due to memory leaks, and letting the vita run continuously never gives It a chance to fully clear the RAM.
I shut my Vita down since I don't have a reason to keep it on. When I was at home, I put the Vita in sleep mode so it could gather data in its sleep, and I'd turn it on and get any new notifications. Now that I'm in in a dorm, the internet requires signing in via the browser, and the wi-fi connection is lost in sleep mode, so I turn the Vita off as I don't need the battery drain.

Koroviev

Any suggestions for especially good-looking PSX games? I already have Castlevania: SotN, but I'm looking for other 2D gems that I've probably overlooked. I'd maybe consider some 3D games, but I have no nostalgia for the PSX era, so most of what I've seen looks awfully primitive :\

Dont think that comes till later in the year/next year. According to donkey show.

Yeah, I didn't think it was... I thought it'd be pretty big news.

Any suggestions for especially good-looking PSX games? I already have Castlevania: SotN, but I'm looking for other 2D gems that I've probably overlooked. I'd maybe consider some 3D games, but I have no nostalgia for the PSX era, so most of what I've seen looks awfully primitive :\
Unfortunately, I don't think PSX games will look much better on Vita. Maybe that's pessimism, though.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Klonoa looks quite good, although the Wii version probably looks better to most people. Tomba also looks nice, although I haven't played it.

bede-x

Any suggestions for especially good-looking PSX games? I already have Castlevania: SotN, but I'm looking for other 2D gems that I've probably overlooked.

Rayman and Alundra look great and both are pretty good games, the last one in particular. Vagrant Story has art direction that's out of this world and still looks amazing even though it's 3D.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Goddamn!

Just saw this on CAG:

3 Vita Games for $40 +tax

Buy 2 get 1 free totals out to $40 for 3 and free in store pickup. Games include

Uncharted Golden Abyss
Resistance Burning Skies
Unit 13
MLB The Show
Modnation Racers
Hot Shots Golf
Reality Fighters
Wipeout
Little Deviants

http://www.walmart.com/ip/21693223?povid=cat1091824-env437106-module470110-lLink2

Meh, retail. And only two games I really want on there. If they did it digitally and it included a few third parties holy shit I'd splurge
on PSN if Sony did it which they won't because SCEA are morons.

ok people i need ur advise.

my friend has this wifi 3g vita.

its almost brand new.

it has this VERY VERY tiny lil scratch that is not visible at all unless u direct it to the light. and i mean super tiny to bonest.

however. the screen has lots of blotches or whatever u people like to call it

he is seling it with 16gig memory and wipeout for 200$

what do you guys think ? i have 2 hours to decide

Koroviev

ok people i need ur advise.

my friend has this wifi 3g vita.

its almost brand new.

it has this VERY VERY tiny lil scratch that is not visible at all unless u direct it to the light. and i mean super tiny to bonest.

however. the screen has lots of blotches or whatever u people like to call it

he is seling it with 16gig memory and wipeout for 200$

what do you guys think ? i have 2 hours to decide

"Blotches"? Are you referring to the artifacts that appear on the display when viewed against a dark background? They're not signs of a defect. They constitute a minor flaw inherent to OLED technology.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom