• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Ordered a Hori screen protector just now. I hate this touch screen thing since I always clean the screen every few minutes. D: Otherwise Gravity Rush is cool so far.

Takao

Banned
something about project discovery

Qxl9R.jpg

PS Vitaを舞台に、0からオリジナルノベルゲームを開発することをテーマにした、新たなる試み「Project Discovery」が発進! プロ・アマ問わずシナリオ、キャラクターデザイン、ボイス、楽曲の部門で作品を募集中です。クリエイターを目指しているみなさん、ぜひチェックしてくださいね!

alexein

I don't even know if it has a retail release.

Yes i have a preorder for it, it will be out on 27th.
i would recommend zavvi or the hut but they dont have it on the site.
ShopTo have it but its a little pricey, i would recommend you to wait to see if zavvi will put it on their site and order from them

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
So..Should I Keep the FW and wait for a homebrew app that allow remote play for my Folklore so I can play it everywhere on Vita.or go and update the system get no Folklore in the future?

ShopTo have it but its a little pricey, i would recommend you to wait to see if zavvi will put it on their site and order from them

I'm afraid its releasing on October 2nd link

Hanmik

I'm afraid its releasing on October 2nd link

this is from the press release..

New Little King Story rules on Vita from September 27th in Europe

Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH has announced that it will release New Little King’s Story for the PlayStation(R)Vita handheld entertainment system on September 27th.

New Little King’s Story is available both as a physical and download title, priced ca. 39,95 Euro.

STG

I just installed a new firmware..? any changes..?

the playstation forum says:

The update improves security and provides fixes for the following

- 3G Functionality.

- Issues during the download of some PS1/PSP titles.

- The screen shot function on the PS Vita.

how good is psn with digital releases? is lbp likely to go up on the aus store at midnight (4hrs time) or will i have to wait for some arbitrary eu update?

Qatar

Yesterday, i went to a major game retailer here, just to check out what new games they brought, i was shocked to see that they are selling LBP vita for about $40. I immediately bought it as they only had 4 copies left.
I will play it today. Now there's lbp, borderlands 2, and fifa next week :&

kerrak

EU has a set time (not midnight). I dunno when as I don't live in Europe, or Australia.

I think it was Mortal Kombat that popped in the spanish store at midnight of release day.
As for other games, i've seen some of them early in the morning (07.00), but have no idea when they went up.
Not really sure if this is always the case though.

Hanmik

just started Little big planet Vita.. it prompted for a new update. 1.02 .. But somehow it does not download..? I pressed download, and it said it was doing it´s job. But nothing happened. No indicator in the top where I can see the progress of the download.. nope nothing. And if I try to download it again, it tells me that I can follow it in the activity section.. but it´s not there..?

anybody else having this problem..?

Foshy

Hey GAF, look at what I got in the mail today :D Just did the first 2 levels, will continue later.

PSN ID is Foshy_the_n00b, add me maybe? My games:

- LBP
- Wipeout 2048
- Gravity Rush
- Uncharted
- F1 2011
- Virtua Tennis 4
- Lumines
- Sound Shapes
- Mutant Blobs Attack
- Montezuma Blitz
- Hustle Kings
- Super Stardust Delta
- Motorstorm RC

Thank you so much, I've been trying to find a place that'll let me import it, I want the physical cart as well. I didn't factor in the conversion rate, oh FML. Looks like I'm going digital -_-

KalBalboa

Banned
the playstation forum says:

The update improves security and provides fixes for the following

- 3G Functionality.

- Issues during the download of some PS1/PSP titles.

- The screen shot function on the PS Vita.

Makes me wonder if we have some stealth PSone additions.

Vitacat

Makes me wonder if we have some stealth PSone additions.

What exactly is improved on the screenshot function?

Also, will my PSN copy of MHFU still work? I'm worried they will disable the game due to the VHBL hack. :-/

EDIT: http://wololo.net/2012/09/18/vita-firmware-1-81-is-out-patches-vhbl/

As expected, the latest PS Vita firmware update is a “security release” which will prevent you from running VHBL through Monster Hunter. It still remains to be confirmed if all games of the series have been patched, but I’m pretty sure the answer will be yes.

So that's the real reason for the 1.81 update. Personally I don't care about losing VHBL; it was fun seeing the old PSP emus and especially Cave Story running on my Vita. But I bought my Vita mainly for Vita games, so it's not a big deal to me.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
What exactly is improved on the screenshot function?

Also, will my PSN copy of MHFU still work? I'm worried they will disable the game due to the VHBL hack. :-/

EDIT: http://wololo.net/2012/09/18/vita-firmware-1-81-is-out-patches-vhbl/

So that's the real reason for the 1.81 update. Personally I don't care about losing VHBL; it was fun seeing the old PSP emus and especially Cave Story running on my Vita. But I bought my Vita mainly for Vita games, so it's not a big deal to me.

I never even had the chance to get PSP2 running on it (assuming it was possible). Maybe they'll give me my game I paid for one day. :\

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So... uh... so is it safe to discuss homebrew in here or is the "OMG YOU PIRATE YOU PIRATE YOU PIRATE LALALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU USING IT FOR EBOOKS!?" Sony-defense-force brigade gonna jump down my throat for bringing it up for discussion?

Shinriji

So... uh... so is it safe to discuss homebrew in here or is the "OMG YOU PIRATE YOU PIRATE YOU PIRATE LALALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU USING IT FOR EBOOKS!?" Sony-defense-force brigade gonna jump down my throat for bringing it up for discussion?

There is a topic somewhere else to discuss homebrew.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom