• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ponn

Banned
My vita got the fast blinking blue light last night. Finally got it to reboot into safe mode. Did a rebuild of database because of all the weirdness going on since update. Still having ToMB issues to. Hope the next update fixes these bugs.

Takao

Banned
PSY・S;42250054 said:
Never played 'em but haven't all of the previous games been localized?

In Europe. Only 1 has been localized for release in North America, and that was EDF 2017 (or EDF3, the game which is getting ported to Vita). Insect Armageddon was a western made spinoff. I guess I should note that EDF2 Portable wasn't released in the west. But that was a PSP game ...

Ran rp

In Europe. Only 1 has been localized for release in North America, and that was EDF 2017 (or EDF3, the game which is getting ported to Vita). Insect Armageddon was a western made spinoff. I guess I should note that EDF2 Portable wasn't released in the west. But that was a PSP game ...

Aww poo. I hope this one is localized and makes it to America.

I am so heavily debating getting LBP, I just can't afford it. D:

Also doing my part to hype the vita at work. CoD and AC3 are definitely selling units. They just need to advertise them.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Preordered the Vita version of Street Fighter X Tekken today. It includes the DLC characters and GameStop is throwing in a code for the DLC characters' extra outfits for free. Feels good man.

Saved $48 by waiting for the Vita version ($20 price difference compared to getting the PS3/X360 versions at release, $20 for the DLC characters, $8 for the costume bonuses). That's money that could be spent on something else.

So... with really niche games like New King's Story and Let's Try Bass Fishing! coming to the West... my hopes are rising that PSO2 will come to the West on the Vita (like when they announced it coming to Vita with cross platform play). They've gotten quiet about it since but... I can still hope right? ;( I'd die of happiness if they do bring it, and it's like the whole experience, but on Vita, with the ability to play with people on PC.

So... with really niche games like New King's Story and Let's Try Bass Fishing! coming to the West... my hopes are rising that PSO2 will come to the West on the Vita (like when they announced it coming to Vita with cross platform play). They've gotten quiet about it since but... I can still hope right? ;( I'd die of happiness if they do bring it, and it's like the whole experience, but on Vita, with the ability to play with people on PC.

The og little kings story came to the west and sold better than in japan iirc.

Roubjon

So I caved in and imported Hatsune Miku. I need more rhythm games in my life and DJMAX is taking forever to release here, so basically, I had no choice.

branny

So I caved in and imported Hatsune Miku. I need more rhythm games in my life and DJMAX is taking forever to release here, so basically, I had no choice.
I feel like I'd be punishing Pentavision by doing that with the money I have set aside for the LE of Technika Tune, but I realized I'd only be punishing myself.

Not that Miku is punishment or anything. Mostly.

Finally got myself an 11 Found In a Row in Treasure Park.
Huzzah! Not 20 but better than I had before.

7998294985_a73da035f9_b.jpg

Make that thirteen!

double edit: fourteeennn and now rank B!
huzzah

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Thinking of buying some used games tomorrow. I know about the trophy issue but this can be easily fixed if you delete the game bubble I believe. Is there anything else to worry about when buying second hand, or is the trophy thing the only issue?

Yeah I couldn't believe how good it looked at first. Take a screenshot and look at it on your PC monitor. It just goes to show the massive difference that the screen makes.
Hell yes!! Vita is by far the best screen for any 2D game, worth it for this reason alone. Love Sound Shapes on it as well. More games made like those need to be made, 2D art > all. Rebought Rayman for maybe the fifth time just for dat screen

Thinking of buying some used games tomorrow. I know about the trophy issue but this can be easily fixed if you delete the game bubble I believe. Is there anything else to worry about when buying second hand, or is the trophy thing the only issue?

Nope, I think that's about the only "issue," and even then it's not a big deal at all. Just toss in the cart, let it install, delete the bubble, and pop it in again.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Nope, I think that's about the only "issue," and even then it's not a big deal at all. Just toss in the cart, let it install, delete the bubble, and pop it in again.
Sweet thanks! I hope Sony never makes this impossible to do via firmware update or whatever in the future :) At least they made it region free so that's a good sign at least

Sweet thanks! I hope Sony never makes this impossible to do via firmware update or whatever in the future :) At least they made it region free so that's a good sign at least

The Vita not being region locked is one of the main reasons I love it so much. It's a little harder to access other regions for PSN items and stuff, but eh...

But yeah, if that doesn't work, start the game up first and then proceed to delete the bubble.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Man, the Beck Sound Shape levels are incredibly good.

E: Also, I have NO clue how Treasure Park works. Anyone able to explain it (the whole premise of the clues)?

branny

Also, I have NO clue how Treasure Park works. Anyone able to explain it (the whole premise of the clues)?
Think of it like Minesweeper. Your ultimate goal is to find the sparkly diamond treasure without getting blown up first.

You're presented a colored board with several hidden puzzle pieces. These pieces may potentially be rotated, so you have to deduce how they are placed.

Touching a bomb ends your session prematurely; you don't want to uncover one. To help, the game displays the color they're on as a clue (toward the bottom-left of the screen). The color of the panel bearing the coins opposite to the treasure is also highlighted.

So, as an example, if all the bombs are located on red panels, you need to be careful about touching red panels. If the coins opposite the treasure are highlighted in blue (and none of the bombs are on blue), you may want to consider poking blue panels until you find the coins that will lead you to the treasure.

Puzzles are often not that simple, though. People will try to confuse you by placing puzzle pieces in various configurations that are misleading. You will need to make safe, educated guesses until you can figure out where everything is located.

Once you touch a square, the game will show you if there is anything immediately adjacent to it; there will be a dot if nothing is nearby. You have five tries to secure the treasure. Have fun!

KalBalboa

Banned
Man, the Beck Sound Shape levels are incredibly good.

E: Also, I have NO clue how Treasure Park works. Anyone able to explain it (the whole premise of the clues)?

Is there any way to get MP3s of those levels? I have them all favorited on YouTube and listen on my Galaxy S from time to time, but I wanted to see if an official version had popped up yet.

BTW, you got me to play the first Beck level again just now... Sound Shapes is the kind of game I'll never delete from my Vita for as long as I own one.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Treasure Park stuff

Thank you - this makes SO much sense, haha.

Is there any way to get MP3s of those levels? I have them all favorited on YouTube and listen on my Galaxy S from time to time, but I wanted to see if an official version had popped up yet.

BTW, you got me to play the first Beck level again just now... Sound Shapes is the kind of game I'll never delete from my Vita for as long as I own one.

I wonder if you can audio out and record that way?

And yeah...Those Beck levels are just crazy. I can't wait to start playing around with the level editor (after I go back to LBP and GR, ha).

MisterC20XX

Think of it like Minesweeper. Your ultimate goal is to find the sparkly diamond treasure without getting blown up first.

You're presented a colored board with several hidden puzzle pieces. These pieces may potentially be rotated, so you have to deduce how they are placed.

Touching a bomb ends your session prematurely; you don't want to uncover one. To help, the game displays the color they're on as a clue (toward the bottom-left of the screen). The color of the panel bearing the coins opposite to the treasure is also highlighted.

So, as an example, if all the bombs are located on red panels, you need to be careful about touching red panels. If the coins opposite the treasure are highlighted in blue (and none of the bombs are on blue), you may want to consider poking blue panels until you find the coins that will lead you to the treasure.

Puzzles are often not that simple, though. People will try to confuse you by placing puzzle pieces in various configurations that are misleading. You will need to make safe, educated guesses until you can figure out where everything is located.

Once you touch a square, the game will show you if there is anything immediately adjacent to it; there will be a dot if nothing is nearby. You have five tries to secure the treasure. Have fun!

Great summary, branny! I need to bookmark this post in case someone else asks how to play.

Takao

Banned
So, is the Sony TGS conference tonight at 3 am? Does anyone know if theres gonna be a thread with a livestream?

It's Tuesday at midnight (EDT)

The day (Sept. 19) before doors open, Sony Computer Entertainment Japan will be holding a press conference in downtown Tokyo from 5.00am BST (1.00pm Japan time).

patsu

It's Tuesday at midnight (EDT)

The day (Sept. 19) before doors open, Sony Computer Entertainment Japan will be holding a press conference in downtown Tokyo from 5.00am BST (1.00pm Japan time).

So it's 9pm PST on Tuesday 18th Sept ?

I thought TGS starts on Thursday ?

WTF so my vita wouldn't start a few games giving me an error, I had to hard reboot a few times, rebuild the DB and now my shinobido bubble is gone!

Ahrg, I'll have to start again :(

I wonder if I should have done a backup before rebuilding the DB.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
WTF so my vita wouldn't start a few games giving me an error, I had to hard reboot a few times, rebuild the DB and now my shinobido bubble is gone!

Just put the game back in. Saves are on the cart.

patsu

Hmm... may be because your memcard is loose. Are your other downloaded or retail game bubbles still around ?

The bubbles may still be on your memcard. Need to adjust it a little.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
You are right, that should be it. IIRC that game saves all of it's data on the cart. So maybe there's actually almost no data on my memcard and that get deleted when I rebuilt the DB.
Yeah, that's true of all retail games that save to cart.
If you check the properties, they'll say 0kb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom