• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday I asked about if I should pick up LBP or Gravity Rush. It is just now hitting me that I cannot connect to my University's WiFi with my Vita, (but I can do downloads and stuff of that nature through my PS3). Is LBP still the better choice? Or should I opt for something more single playery at the moment?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Yesterday I asked about if I should pick up LBP or Gravity Rush. It is just now hitting me that I cannot connect to my University's WiFi with my Vita, (but I can do downloads and stuff of that nature through my PS3). Is LBP still the better choice? Or should I opt for something more single playery at the moment?

I still think LBP will keep you busy. But it depends on what style of game you're looking for. You want a single player game that will keep you busy for hundreds of hours? Grab MHFU for PSP (if it's still up) and prepare to be forever busy.

GR is a great "open-world" adventure. It's also beautiful.

LBP has a TON of stuff to do and likely the most robust editor available on a portable. You can gather all of the items now and get started on creating your own levels for when you DO have access to some Wifi.

I'm still unsure how LBP multiplayer works (hopefully you can do stuff via Wifi and not just local), as there are some stages you won't be able to 100% without a friend. But otherwise, it's an awesome game. I really hated the physics of 1 and 2, but Vita feels spot on for me.

KalBalboa

Banned
So... uh... so is it safe to discuss homebrew in here or is the "OMG YOU PIRATE YOU PIRATE YOU PIRATE LALALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU USING IT FOR EBOOKS!?" Sony-defense-force brigade gonna jump down my throat for bringing it up for discussion?

Seems like PS Mobile is accepted more openly.

YES. My fingers are tingling with desire.

Here's a Youtube video that was recently released showing 10 minutes of gameplay.

I played it at an event here in Osaka about a week ago. It was the sex. I also got two free DJ Max tumbler mugs :D

I can't wait for next week. Glad it got ESRB rated too -- shouldn't be far off for North America.

MooMoo

LBP is coming out on PSN today right guys? RIGHT?!? D:

Anyways, up to 6 in a row with Treasure Park. Slowly getting up there :D

Roubjon

I played it at an event here in Osaka about a week ago. It was the sex. I also got two free DJ Max tumbler mugs :D

I can't wait for next week. Glad it got ESRB rated too -- shouldn't be far off for North America.

Those leaderboards better be spread across all regions. I'll be extremely disappointed if not.

Ponn

Banned
Hype train's already derailed before it could even begin. The total lack of hype for the event on SCEJ's part to me sounds like they have a whole lot of nothing.

What?! Your cray cray. This is everything i'm fully expecting today.

1) BBS and Crisis Core announced for US PSN store with an apology price for being late of $10 a piece.

2) RCR releasing next week

3) Monster Hunter 4 for Vita announcement (I personally don't care but alot of people seem to)

4) FFXHD Vita release date

5) Persona 5 for Vita release date

6) DQ VIII HD for Vita

9) KH 3 for PS3/Vita buy once get both

10) KH HD collection PS3/Vita buy once get both

11) Comics app for Vita

12) Disgaea 4 vita port

13) FF XII HD for PS3/Vita

14) still no FF Versus or Last Guardian info, sorry gotta be realistic here.

15) FF Type 0 HD Vita w/US announcement

No. 25th.

From tomorrow in the EU

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012...launches-this-week-check-out-the-new-trailer/

Also digital download includes both the DLC packs

PlayStation Store digital version bonus goodies!

Finally, the news that a lot of you have been waiting to hear. If you purchase the digital version of LittleBigPlanet PS Vita within the first week of the game’s release, you will not only receive a digital copy of the game but you will also be entitled to both of the above costume packs! This means that your week one purchase of LittleBigPlanet PS Vita on the PlayStation Store will also nab you, the BioShock Minipack and the Knights of the Old Pre-Order Costume Pack!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

Will the harder charts require some sort of way of holding the Vita still? That's the only thing I'm worried about...Otherwise, I'm SO excited for this.

Also, Blythe? Please dear lord have Blythe...

Shinriji

JAPAN VITA PSN RANKING (Set 10 - Set 17)

1. Tottemo E Mahjong (96/4.11)
2. Hatsune Miku: Project f (2376/4.91)
3. Assault Gunners (973/4.55)
4. Persona 4 Golden (2997/4.95)
5. Metal Gear Solid HD Edition (666/4.76)
6. Metal Gear Solid 3 HD (128/4.84)
7. Dokuro (399/4.83)
8. Pawapuro 2012 (286/4.48)
9. Hot Shots Golf: World Invitation (2596/4.47)
10. Table Top Tanks (137/3.02)

1) BBS and Crisis Core announced for US PSN store with an apology price for being late of $10 a piece.

3) Monster Hunter 4 for Vita announcement (I personally don't care but alot of people seem to)

6) DQ VIII HD for Vita

11) Comics app for Vita

12) Disgaea 4 vita port

I know you aren't serious, but get ready for some SERIOUS disappointment :)

Ponn

Banned
Is there a LBP Vita thread? I had a question for those that already have it. I know in LBP if you had the eye camera you could take pictures and make stickers, can you do the same the Vita's camera? Anything else you can customize like music? I wanted to make a Transformers The Movie game with the original LBP and my minature Transformers collection but never got around ot it. I might be interested to do it with Vita if I decide to get it.

I know you aren't serious, but get ready for some SERIOUS disappointment :)

Yarrr! But see if my list is completely wrong then we get a FF Versus and Last Guardian announcement. Take that Sony, I fooled you!

Is there a LBP Vita thread? I had a question for those that already have it. I know in LBP if you had the eye camera you could take pictures and make stickers, can you do the same the Vita's camera? Anything else you can customize like music? I wanted to make a Transformers The Movie game with the original LBP and my minature Transformers collection but never got around ot it. I might be interested to do it with Vita if I decide to get it.

Yarrr! But see if my list is completely wrong then we get a FF Versus and Last Guardian announcement. Take that Sony, I fooled you!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=491769 OT is there for Vita LBP

Takao

Banned
JAPAN VITA PSN RANKING (Set 10 - Set 17)

1. Tottemo E Mahjong (Arc System Works/96/4.11)
1. Hatsune Miku: Project f (Sega/2376/4.91)
2. Assault Gunners (Marvelous/973/4.55)
3. Persona 4 Golden (Atlus/2997/4.95)
4. Metal Gear Solid HD Edition (Konami/666/4.76)
5. Metal Gear Solid 3 HD (Konami/ 128/4.84)
6. Dokuro (GungHo/399/4.83)
8. Pawapuro 2012 (Konami/286/4.48)
9. Hot Shots Golf: World Invitation (2596/4.47)
10. Table Top Tanks (137/3.02)

I wonder how many copies Dokuro sold on PSN. Apparently the demo was downloaded over 100k times.

I still think LBP will keep you busy. But it depends on what style of game you're looking for. You want a single player game that will keep you busy for hundreds of hours? Grab MHFU for PSP (if it's still up) and prepare to be forever busy.

GR is a great "open-world" adventure. It's also beautiful.

LBP has a TON of stuff to do and likely the most robust editor available on a portable. You can gather all of the items now and get started on creating your own levels for when you DO have access to some Wifi.

I'm still unsure how LBP multiplayer works (hopefully you can do stuff via Wifi and not just local), as there are some stages you won't be able to 100% without a friend. But otherwise, it's an awesome game. I really hated the physics of 1 and 2, but Vita feels spot on for me.

MHFU eh? I've never played a MH game nor do I really know what they're all about so I will check it out, thanks.
Decisions decisions.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
MHFU eh? I've never played a MH game nor do I really know what they're all about so I will check it out, thanks.
Decisions decisions.

Eeek - if you've never played a MH game, you're $20 may be better spent elsewhere. The controls take some time to get used to and may not be for everyone.

If it's still on the first two, I'm going to continue my suggestion of LBP. :)

spats

None of their community guys are even going there. Doubt we'll get any super cool announcements.

I think SCEE sent somebody but Jeff/Sid isn't going and Shuhei was scolding them on twitter for it. :p

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
None of their community guys are even going there. Doubt we'll get any super cool announcements.

I think SCEE sent somebody but Jeff/Sid isn't going and Shuhei was scolding them on twitter for it. :p

I don't even think they'd be in on what is going to be announced honestly.

And yeah SCEE sent some guys there - they were talking about how they would be getting more in depth on Puppeteer

Cornbread78

6) DQ VIII HD for Vita

11) Comics app for Vita

12) Disgaea 4 vita port

Seriously, why did you post this. Why? Just because we needed a swift kick to teh balls to get us demotivated today? I am trying to get some work done and now, I'm dragging my knuckles.... Thanks buddy...

Takao

Banned

SCEA's third party relations dude is there though.

Takao

Banned
Who?where? Did sony hype up the ganescom conference?

Adam Boyes is in Tokyo. He is one of SCEA's third party relations dude. As for Gamescom, SCEE at least announced their conference a while before it was show time. SCEJ announced their TGS presentation this week, lol.

Mondriaan

Adam Boyes is in Tokyo. He is one of SCEA's third party relations dude. As for Gamescom, SCEE at least announced their conference a while before it was show time. SCEJ announced their TGS presentation this week, lol.
I think we should take this as a sign not to get our hopes up.

Vitacat

Hey Vitabros,

I'm unsure of something -- which Content Manager function do I use to only copy savegame data for Vita games to my PC?

Thanks.

EDIT: holy crap, we can't just copy savegame data. So, if I have many GB of Vita games on my card, Sony seriously expects me to backup the entire games just to backup my saves? So incredibly fucked up and unacceptable. This MUST be changed ASAP. Sick of being treated like crap because I choose to buy digital games.

Sid

Lol so kawano was talking out of his ass again where he said the balance will shift towards vita this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom