• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkangus

Hey Vitabros,

I'm unsure of something -- which Content Manager function do I use to only copy savegame data for Vita games to my PC?

Thanks.

EDIT: holy crap, we can't just copy savegame data. So, if I have many GB of Vita games on my card, Sony seriously expects me to backup the entire games just to backup my saves? So incredibly fucked up and unacceptable. This MUST be changed ASAP. Sick of being treated like crap because I choose to buy digital games.

Start the backup of the game that you want to backup the save of and then cancel.
Presto!!! There you have, the save of the game you want.

Skyzard

Banned
Hey Vitabros,

I'm unsure of something -- which Content Manager function do I use to only copy savegame data for Vita games to my PC?

Thanks.

EDIT: holy crap, we can't just copy savegame data. So, if I have many GB of Vita games on my card, Sony seriously expects me to backup the entire games just to backup my saves? So incredibly fucked up and unacceptable. This MUST be changed ASAP. Sick of being treated like crap because I choose to buy digital games.

I agree it must change.

Temporary solution = watch the vita folder on the PC being backed up - once it gets the save file (which gets transferred first) - copy it to a different location (copy and paste) then cancel the transfer via the vita.

edit: beat

Takao

Banned
Gamescom wasn't that long ago at all and Christmas is right around the corner... I wouldn't expect a ton of new game announcements.

The Gamescom announcements meant absolutely zero for Vita in Japan. Japanese handheld games are often announced months before release, and Vita really does need something for the holidays because it's release calendar in Japan is looking barren.

Ponn

Banned
They'll probably show off PSO2 running on the Vita. Not sure what else they could really announce though. Another Gundam game?

Games for 2013 would be nice. They need to inspire confidence in a purchase of the Vita. We have a videogame dump/drop on us in Oct/Nov but past that and into 2013 is all crickets.

I know what i'm looking forward to in 2013 with consoles, I already have 2013 games preordered for 3DS at newegg but Vita nada besides soul sacrifice. For people worried about developer support because of low sales that just adds fuel to the fire.

Sid

They'll probably show off PSO2 running on the Vita. Not sure what else they could really announce though. Another Gundam game?
How about a gt for vita alongside the ps3 or ps4 one without mentioning all the platforms or a demon's souls 2 by FROM?

KalBalboa

Banned
GT Vita is definitely the dream. Showing Final Fantasy X HD, with a release window, would sure help in Japan.

Gamescom seemed to satisfy and excite the rest of the world.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
So, I finally decided to put Gravity Rush into the cartridge slot. It's a really fun game to play, but damn if I would've loved static shadows and a higher resolution over the muddy mess it is now. You can't even make out Kat's face when you pan the camera around. It's a beige blob.

daoster

GT Vita is definitely the dream. Showing Final Fantasy X HD, with a release window, would sure help in Japan.

To what extent, when most people can and will buy it on the PS3?

urrk...this TGS is giving me that butterflies in my stomach, seeing as how Sony themselves seem to be low keying their own damn press conference.

And they're the only hardware developer doing a press conference, so really, all the attention would be on them!

Toki767

I completely forgot that SCEJ had the license to Bleach in Japan. I'd probably expect a Bleach Vita game. Maybe Heat the Soul 8 or whatever number they're up to now.

KalBalboa

Banned

Well, there are a few things they could do to make the Vita version a bigger deal.

-Like Takao suggested: make it a timed Vita exclusive. Give it a quarter or two where it's only on Vita and it'll push units.
-Show off Cross-Saves; have them use the cloud akin to many other Vita/PS3 games.
-When in doubt: Cross-Buy.
-Perhaps the game will make use of the Vita's touch screens. This would be a small addition to the game but it'd help modernize it a bit.

I'm not saying any of this is likely to happen, but it would certainly make the Vita version of the game a bigger deal.

Ponn

Banned

The problem with Gamescom is it's what E3 should have been a couple months prior hyping for this holiday. It was great, but a little late.

TGS for me, being in the U.S. is basically a whats in store for the future after the holidays which is a bit worrisome at this point. Ask yourself what you are going to buy for Vita from January 1st 2013 to next E3. So yea TGS is pretty important, especially from a RPG players perspective.

Takao

Banned
I completely forgot that SCEJ had the license to Bleach in Japan. I'd probably expect a Bleach Vita game. Maybe Heat the Soul 8 or whatever number they're up to now.

Bleach is a dead franchise. No point throwing money on an engine you'll use once.

I'd expect SCE to make sure the Vita version launches first.

KAL2006

Banned
The problem with Gamescom is it's what E3 should have been a couple months prior hyping for this holiday. It was great, but a little late.

TGS for me, being in the U.S. is basically a whats in store for the future after the holidays which is a bit worrisome at this point. Ask yourself what you are going to buy for Vita from January 1st 2013 to next E3. So yea TGS is pretty important, especially from a RPG players perspective.

Killzone, Tearaway, Guilty Gear, Sly 4, ZOE HD, FFX HD, Warrior's Lair, Dragon's Crown, maybe localizations of Japan games like Ys, Legend of Heroes, Atelier Totori.

KalBalboa

Banned

I already have a few must-buys, between Guacamelee and Sly 4, but those are admittedly cross-buys. I think my gaming tastes have me less concerned about Vita game announcements, seeing as how I know I'll be playing Killzone, All-Stars, Need For Speed, and Ratchet on my Vita in the coming months, but I see where you're coming from.

Killzone, Tearaway, Guilty Gear, Sly 4, ZOE HD, FFX HD, Warrior's Lair, Dragon's Crown, maybe localizations of Japan games like Ys, Legend of Heroes, Atelier Totori.

I completely forgot this was coming to Vita. I'm pretty excited for that.

Well, there are a few things they could do to make the Vita version a bigger deal.

-Like Takao suggested: make it a timed Vita exclusive. Give it a quarter or two where it's only on Vita and it'll push units.
-Show off Cross-Saves; have them use the cloud akin to many other Vita/PS3 games.
-When in doubt: Cross-Buy.
-Perhaps the game will make use of the Vita's touch screens. This would be a small addition to the game but it'd help modernize it a bit.

I'm not saying any of this is likely to happen, but it would certainly make the Vita version of the game a bigger deal.

I thought Japan really liked their portables; so why would someone buy it on PS3 when they could take it with them and keep playing it wherever and whenever?

Cross-buy would make it a no brainer, but if I were to buy the game in the future, I think I'd go Vita first.

daoster

I thought Japan really liked their portables; so why would someone buy it on PS3 when they could take it with them and keep playing it wherever and whenever?

Cross-buy would make it a no brainer, but if I were to buy the game in the future, I think I'd go Vita first.

Japanese people enjoy their portables, but the Vita ain't exactly selling like hotcakes in Japan, so...

if SCE was able to secure a time Vita exclusive, that might help it sell, but...we'll see if SCE can even convince Square to do something like that.

So... uh... so is it safe to discuss homebrew in here or is the "OMG YOU PIRATE YOU PIRATE YOU PIRATE LALALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU USING IT FOR EBOOKS!?" Sony-defense-force brigade gonna jump down my throat for bringing it up for discussion?

There is a thread for it as others said but man, no matter how much people beat me over the head with HOMEBREW! HOMEBREW! I just keep thinking of how bad the piracy got with PSP, and how developer support died off.

Vita is officially dead if absolutely nothing is announced,will yosp be there?

They will hopefully show off some new stuff. I hope they don't show off the super slim PS3 because that'll just blanket the Vita coverage :\

A Monster Hunter game would be megaton, especially if it's a new MH game, not an enhanced port. C'mon leaks! I can't stay up that late tonight, I have to work in the morning :(

KalBalboa

Banned
While we're on the subject of FFX HD Vita, another potential way to boost sales and the game's profile would be to make a ~$250 equivalent bundle with a wifi Vita and a copy of the game.

Ponn

Banned

There was mention of ZOE HD vita but it disappeared from sales channels and has had no mention since, its gone. I doubt we will see FFX HD and Warrior's Lair before E3 if at all. Dragons Crown is after E3 but yea thats the other title I have for next year besides Soul Sacrifice. The point is coming into the holidays we need more info on next year games and even if your list there was accurate its still a sparse lineup for any console for an entire year. Vita can't wait till next E3 to game announcements out there. Especially with next E3 being PS4 centric.

I don't subscribe to the fanboy mentality I see so often of "Just be happy and don't demand anything from the console makers because they are great and all-knowing" I'm not down on the Vita, i'm being critical of Sony because I want to see the Vita succeed and their current track is shitting up the chances of a Vita success.

I completely forgot this was coming to Vita. I'm pretty excited for that.

It's not. Vaporware at this point.

They will hopefully show off some new stuff. I hope they don't show off the super slim PS3 because that'll just blanket the Vita coverage :\

A Monster Hunter game would be megaton, especially if it's a new MH game, not an enhanced port. C'mon leaks! I can't stay up that late tonight, I have to work in the morning :(

Two things:

1. Super slim will almost certainly be announced there, if it's real (and by all accounts, it is). They need it for the holidays.

2. If a Monster Hunter gets announced, it will be a port. Nintendo has pretty much snatched up all the new entries of MH for themselves.

KalBalboa

Banned
We found out the developers this month, but that's beside the point. Konami announced their TGS lineup, and it only mentions PS3/360; they haven't acknowledged the Vita port in almost a year. It's gone.

That's a shame. I honestly had forgotten the HD versions were even coming, to be honest.

Skyzard

Banned
No worries, OmegaZero.

=-=-=

Chances of Source Engine Vita?

(already emailed)

TF2/Portal/L4D..CS:GO.

Dual anologues to aim, low sensitivity gyro toggle for slight corrections...

Real version of this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXZiychRKTI

Would be so good...it doesn't compete with steam box..and they did manage to make ps3 versions...always potential right?

cjkeats

When's the last time we heard any news on ZOE HD? Even for the PS3 version, I mean.

Kojemia has been tweeting about it a lot recently, coming 10/25 in Japan for 360/Ps3. no word on Vita

A2Kz9rBCMAADpq9.jpg:large

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom