• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Almost Sony TGS, so many megatons.

Amazing to see people still with such optimism.

I am ready to bury my Vita the same way I buried my Dreamcast after tonight. It will be sad, many tears will be wept, and I'll still enjoy the heck out of the system but I expect nothing out of the conference.

The irony of naming it Game Heaven is chilling

I just realized this thanks to you. Wow. Maybe Sony really did acknowledge that it's dead? :( I love my Vita so much, just like my Dreamcast as well... Sigh. I'm gonna cry myself to sleep tonight while hugging my Vita and my Dreamcast. Then I'll boot up Tech Romancer..

branny

Will the harder charts require some sort of way of holding the Vita still? That's the only thing I'm worried about...Otherwise, I'm SO excited for this.

Also, Blythe? Please dear lord have Blythe...
The harder charts don't seem like they'll require you to hold the Vita still as much as you'll just need to have a good grip on it. It's going to take a while for a lot of us to get used to cradling it in a certain way that allows for the rear-touch stuff. Otherwise, laying it down onto a soft surface should suffice for charts that don't use back touch.

I'm sorry to say that it doesn't have Blythe, but it does have a shitload of amazing songs. I'm too lazy to look up the official list of tracks, but this wiki has them all. There's a really varied selection even though a lot of songs are from Technika 3. It's kind of like a Hot Tunes/Fever but with Technika 2's stylings and a tracklist that's inspired by every DJMAX game instead of just DJMP1/2.

I'm so freaking excited it's been rated by the ESRB. Unfortunately, it could still be released in November or December for all we know. I was expecting it in September or early October. :(

How is there release day shipping? I may cancel my Gamestop Ragnarok preorder for this.
I've only used their Egg Saver shipping and their UPS 3-day shipping, and the UPS shipping is fast. Quite a few preorders I've made automatically get free 3-day shipping with them, and they ship out a day before release so it's usually here one day after the game comes out. I hear some people even get their copies on release day.

I wouldn't count on ZoE HD for Vita existing anymore.

Vitacat

Do you guys know if Gamestopn sells PSN codes and they email them to you?

Don't think so.

Best Buy's website will let you order PSN versions of some games, though.

I wish stores could sell digital versions on their own, and have sales and promotions as they can do with physical versions.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
The harder charts don't seem like they'll require you to hold the Vita still as much as you'll just need to have a good grip on it. It's going to take a while for a lot of us to get used to cradling it in a certain way that allows for the rear-touch stuff. Otherwise, laying it down onto a soft surface should suffice for charts that don't use back touch.

I'm sorry to say that it doesn't have Blythe, but it does have a shitload of amazing songs. I'm too lazy to look up the official list of tracks, but this wiki has them all. There's a really varied selection even though a lot of songs are from Technika 3. It's kind of like a Hot Tunes/Fever but with Technika 2's stylings and a tracklist that's inspired by every DJMAX game instead of just DJMP1/2.

I'm so freaking excited it's been rated by the ESRB. Unfortunately, it could still be released in November or December for all we know. I was expecting it in September or early October. :(

I've only used their Egg Saver shipping and their UPS 3-day shipping, and the UPS shipping is fast. Quite a few preorders I've made automatically get free 3-day shipping with them, and they ship out a day before release so it's usually here one day after the game comes out. I hear some people even get their copies on release day.

No Blythe is sad, but the series is too good to ignore. Although, Blythe on Technika looked SO good. <3

I'll decide tonight on how I want to do my pre-order for Ragnarok. As I said, I've got buckets of games to play, so not getting it on release won't be the end of the world. Free shipping for the super collection seems pretty awesome (although I've got no idea what bonuses the items inside would give me...). I could just get the regular edition for $30. :|

Any word on what PS1 classics are being released today in the store (US)?

I believe we're getting...

Blogcast said:
2 Xtreme
Backstreets Billiards
Bowling
Coolboarders 3
Destruction Derby
Jet Moto 2
Jumping Flash!
Jumping Flash! 2
Medieval
Metal Slug X
Rally Cross
Snowie: The Bears Adventures
Syphon Filter 2
Syphon Filter 3
The King of Fighters 99
Warhawk
Wild Arms 2
Wipeout

okay guys, I already have Ragnarok Odyssey and ACL reserved on Vita from Newegg.

Any other games that dont come out in those two months (October and November) coming out for vita I need to reserve?

Vitabros dont fail me!

Shinriji

okay guys, I already have Ragnarok Odyssey and ACL reserved on Vita from Newegg.

Any other games that dont come out in those two months (October and November) coming out for vita I need to reserve?

Vitabros dont fail me!

Need For Speed: Most Wanted and Street Fighter x Tekken.

zroid

Banned

Vitabros dont fail me!
Uhhhhhhhh...

Sly 4, maybe? But it would probably behoove you to order the PS3 version.

EDIT: Soul Sacrifice too.

branny

Persona 4 Golden? Maybe Need for Speed: Most Wanted? Are you getting the PS3 version of PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale? Did you play 999 and want Virtue's Last Reward? Are you okay with pre-ordering Soul Sacrifice and Dragon's Crown even though they are really far away?

DJMAX TECHNIKA TUNE is not available for pre-order on Newegg at the moment, but that will likely be a personal GotY contender for me along with Kid Icarus: Uprising and Tekken Tag Tournament 2.

Do you guys think we'll be done with this thread by the 21st?
It's possible. Everyone is so chatty in this thread.

Takao

Banned
Yeah, tonight will probably seal it for a lock by the 21st. If it's a "Wow, it's fucking nothing" conference then there will be a lot of seething hatred. If it blows our socks off we'll be hyped and stuff.

Sid

1500 posts in 4 days? It's certainly possible. We'd need either something huge or something catastrophic to happen though. Probably the latter knowing Sony.
It doesn't even have to be anything,nothing announced at tgs=MELTDOWNS! Surely sony can't be this stupid.

Sid

Yeah, tonight will probably seal it for a lock by the 21st. If it's a "Wow, it's fucking nothing" conference then there will be a lot of seething hatred. If it blows our socks off we'll be hyped and stuff.
Yeah it's an either/or situation now.

Uhhhhhhhh...

Sly 4, maybe? But it would probably behoove you to order the PS3 version.

EDIT: Soul Sacrifice too.

Ahhh thats what I forgot.

Persona 4 Golden? Maybe Need for Speed: Most Wanted? Are you getting the PS3 version of PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale? Did you play 999 and want Virtue's Last Reward? Are you okay with pre-ordering Soul Sacrifice and Dragon's Crown even though they are really far away?

DJMAX TECHNIKA TUNE is not available for pre-order on Newegg at the moment, but that will likely be a personal GotY contender for me along with Kid Icarus: Uprising and Tekken Tag Tournament 2.

Have P3P still and apparently Im not even halfway done so I'll hold out on P4G. PSBR PS3 version already pre-ordered. Not into visual novels too much. I WANT DJ MAX IN MY SOUL AND I CAN'T EVEN PRE-ORDER IT UGHHHHHHH.

Thanks guys getting on Soul Sacrifice right now.

Does Fifa count?

Sure, we'll see what happens, though.

After seeing what happened to Madden...I'll watch and wait.

Takao

Banned
I was banned during E3. I was also banned during Gamescom.

I've been banned pretty frequently this year. Oh well, at the very least I'm not going 0/3 in the major press events in 2012... hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom