• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koroviev

So I haven't used my Vita in a while and I don't think I will be for the foreseeable future. Put it up on Craigslist and eBay but so far no bites :(

Not sure if I can even do this here but if anyone is interested in a Wifi only Vita with some good extras feel free to PM me for more information as well as price.

You might want to post an ad in the BST thread. Pics and pricing (including shipping and fees) help! :)

God Eater 2 has me intrigued... I'm a bit psyched... I was interested in the original, but thought the price was too steep at $20 for a PSP game...

Skyzard

Banned
^Reckon they will show footage of it? Would be interesting to see how the game compares on the platforms. Never picked up the original either but might grab this down the line...gearing up for LBP tomorrow hopefully. Pushing it to ask for £25? digital :p

Is anyone having trouble updating to 1.81? Don't think it's anything on my end and I rebooted my Vita, it looks like the server is slow as hell.

daoster

As I am playing LBP Vita (thank goodness the servers are finally up!), I can't help but feel like what a missed opportunity it was for Sony and the Vita that this game wasn't a launch game...because it incorporates basically everything that COULD be great about the Vita:

- Social aspects in online gaming and create, play, and share.
- Does touch, more or less right. So would have been able to show off THOSE aspects of the Vita
- Stuff that required extra peripherals such as taking pictures or recording things are already a part of the Vita system, so no extra costs there.
- AAA game with a very kid friendly mascot and atmosphere, to appeal to that demographic
- Essentially...an endless game, thanks to the user created levels, so big bang for the buck.

As I am playing LBP Vita (thank goodness the servers are finally up!), I can't help but feel like what a missed opportunity it was for Sony and the Vita that this game wasn't a launch game...because it incorporates basically everything that COULD be great about the Vita:

- Does touch, more or less right. So would have been able to show off THOSE aspects of the Vita
- Stuff that required extra peripherals such as taking pictures or recording things are already a part of the Vita system, so no extra costs there.
- AAA game with a very kid friendly mascot and atmosphere, to appeal to that demographic
- Essentially...an endless game, thanks to the user created levels, so big bang for the buck.

Well let's be happy is IS actually out there NOW and seems to actually be getting some advertisement and praise from the press/journalists! Sounds like a top 3 Vita game so far -- I can't wait to pick it up tomorrow.

Takao

Banned

I'd much rather they have released it now than have it come out at launch and turn out like Modnation Racers. A lot of people are saying LBP Vita is the definitive version, and there was no reason Modnation on Vita couldn't be either. Except it was rushed for launch with a gross frame rate and a lack of online play.

Skyzard

Banned
I'd much rather they have released it now than have it come out at launch and turn out like Modnation Racers. A lot of people are saying LBP Vita is the definitive version, and there was no reason Modnation on Vita couldn't be either. Except it was rushed for launch with a gross frame rate and a lack of online play.

Exactly, I was replaying modnation today after freeing up some space by letting go of VHBL and it is such a shame as the game really does hold up if it weren't for those two things...especially the framerate and due to the rubber banding. Otherwise A+. As it turns out, C. Can't believe they thought that framerate was alright...

whitehawk

Banned

daoster

I guess, but I still feel like it was a missed opportunity for the Vita and Sony. If not launch title, than at least "launch range" of the Vita.

Speaking of Modnation Racers, I'm still wondering why the heck LBP Kart Racing isn't going to be a Vita crossplay...

Takao

Banned
I guess, but I still feel like it was a missed opportunity for the Vita and Sony. If not launch title, than at least "launch range" of the Vita.

Speaking of Modnation Racers, I'm still wondering why the heck LBP Kart Racing isn't going to be a Vita crossplay...

They probably didn't want two LBP titles launching within weeks of each other on the same platform.

So we're getting lots of Vita announcements tonight amirite?

jCa9I.gif

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
The only reason why I turn on my Vita any more is Pinball Arcade. Mediveal Madness, Cirqus Volitare and Funhouse in the palm of my hand... :sogood.gif:

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
I'm too lazy to watch a stream so I'm just going to refresh this thread.
Same here. I'm expecting all the megatons. Dragon Quest VIII, an orange Vita, a Welcome Park sequel, a new comic viewer, a TV tuner accessory, and support for Criterion's rental service.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
22 MINUTES UNTIL GO TIME

i'm too hyped to deal with your petty insults

and it's not my fault you DISAPPEARED

I am sure it will taste a bit like plastic and possibly heaven.
I'm considering sleeping instead of staying up. This is why the East Coast is the worst.

whaddya mean disappeared i'm always here i live in my vita

That's my pickup line.

I'm considering sleeping instead of staying up. This is why the East Coast is the worst.

whaddya mean disappeared i'm always here i live in my vita

That's my pickup line.

you gotta learn how to operate on 4 or so hours like i do

And yes, we all know you live in your life.

I'm going to count on this thread to relive it - I'm giving up 15 minutes in. UK though - USA folks should have no excuse!
i'll be here the entire way

Duffyside

Banned
Hey, anyone know of an app to use to listen to podcasts while playing games, or something of the sort? Eh... maybe a better way to ask; "how do I listen to podcasts while playing games"?

Hey, anyone know of an app to use to listen to podcasts while playing games, or something of the sort? Eh... maybe a better way to ask; "how do I listen to podcasts while playing games"?

the music app?
Depends on the game though.
Certain games dont let you use custom music.
LBP is one of them =[

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom