• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Setre

Nothing against you, but when will this whole thing die? It's like, the worst internet meme ever. Kind of like the whole "Cake is a lie" thing that went on far too long...

When the Vita does, ZING!

I don't know though, I've gotten to the point where I think it's funny. It's like the PS3 in it's first year and a half, remember "PS3 HAZ NO GAMEZ!!!"? shit? Yeah, we all remember that. Maybe Sony really is going to give up on the Vita in a couple of years but it doesn't make it a less viable platform for the time being.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
When the Vita does, ZING!

I don't know though, I've gotten to the point where I think it's funny. It's like the PS3 in it's first year and a half, remember "PS3 HAZ NO GAMEZ!!!"? shit? Yeah, we all remember that. Maybe Sony really is going to give up on the Vita in a couple of years but it doesn't make it a less viable platform for the time being.

True. That got annoying as well, yet people beat the shit out of it. *sigh*

cyborg009

Banned
cool image

main_anim_bg.jpg

I was really let down at first with the Sony conference but hey, there are still lots of great games coming for the foreseeable future so I'm happy. The games I'm definitely getting are:

Little Big Planet Vita
Soul Sacrifice
New King's Story
Ragnarok Odyssey
Dragon's Crown
Persona 4 Golden
Let's Try Bass Fishing!

... There are others but I can't remember them. There are so many Vita games that I want it scares me.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I re-ask the question: when we are supposed to see the phantasy star online 2 and most wanted(vita hopefully) footage?

With PS Plus benefits coming to Vita, I am edging ever closer to getting one. A couple of Vita games being in the Instant Game Collection would seal the deal for me.

krYlon

I was really let down at first with the Sony conference but hey, there are still lots of great games coming for the foreseeable future so I'm happy. The games I'm definitely getting are:

Little Big Planet Vita
Soul Sacrifice
New King's Story
Ragnarok Odyssey
Dragon's Crown
Persona 4 Golden
Let's Try Bass Fishing!

... There are others but I can't remember them. There are so many Vita games that I want it scares me.

Ys Celceta is the main one you need to remember not to forget.

daoster

you will be

I'm really not understanding the doom and/or gloom. PS+ in november, PSmobile in a few weeks, several games I'm excited to play.

*shrug*

I know everyone judges everything through the lens that the Vita is DOOOOOMED therefore every single time Sony speaks they must SAVE IT. But if you stop giving a fuck about who sells how many of what and just on the merits of:

A. Is you vita making you happy now?

B. Are there games you are excited for in the future?

The answer, to me, is a resounding yes. I don't really give a fuck if the 3DS sells 10X as many units, I don't own Sony stock and nor do I care if rich people get richer. Just give me games. And TGS showed me some games I want to play.

In fact, I didn't even consider that it was a bad conference until I came to gaf afterwards. I watched it without coming here and at first when it was mostly about the first 9 months I was a little nervous but then they showed a ton of games and I was all "yay, a ton of games!" and came here expecting others to be happy and it was like a fucking nuclear bomb was set off here.

It's great that you enjoy your games (as do I), and that you consider yourself independent of how the Vita does for Sony, but if the Vita sells well, that can only mean better games for us.

What exactly do we have now? Great first party games, great games from smaller developers, niche games, and some scraps from the bigger third parties but these aren't exactly system sellers are they? Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed a lot of these games...but just because I enjoy it does not mean that I don't see how third party developers are not supporting this system, and Sony can't even get them to develop for it.

And this was a Japanese oriented show, with nothing at all shown for the Japanese market this holiday season, other than a pitiful montage of games we already knew about.

I will repeat my previous point...of the 6 or 7 announced games at the TGS conference for Vita...only 3 games are truly unique for the Vita. And Sony themselves were absent.

Let me repeat that...no new Sony games were shown for the Vita at a Sony TGS Press Conference that Sony had promised would be big on Vita.

Nintendo is never at TGS, and Microsoft was absent this year...Sony had the chance to make it a big bang. Instead, we just got a horrible conference that has left me no confidence in Sony knowing what exactly their strategy is for the Vita. None of the conferences this year has.

Kyon

Banned
I have to remember to stay away from Vita threads that are not this one...

gaming side is the definition of Vile. I try only posting in certain topics tho.. Make a few posts and leave.

Just stay in here for Vita news/talk only tbh. The ones that dont post in here and say they got no gamez are hilarious too

It's a sick place out there.

Because GAF is "LOLZ NO GAMEZ FOR VITA HAHA"?

Exactly, its either no games or the games that are coming are crap for not being 60fps. Yup no more Vita threads other then this for me now.

Edit: To be fair I used to take it with a grain of salt that there will be negative threads on GAF, I mean its GAF, but lately it seems to be getting way overblown.

Skyzard

Banned
Nah I've gone all out and try to just give as we get (in their threads) :p Cue the anger. Can't believe the recent thread wasn't locked.

Skyzard

Banned
UK PSN - LBP

Just bought LBP of the store "special edition" £30 (comes with the two extras that were previously mentioned).

I found it through a search. (supposed to go up this friday)

1.6GB

The Vita will definitely go the way of the Dreamcast, a short but glorious life. The library already is quite good, and the stuff that is coming looks amazing.

But, let's not kid ourselves here: the well will dry up next year unless sales seriously pick up.

Acosta

The Vita will definitely go the way of the Dreamcast, a short but glorious life. The library already is quite good, and the stuff that is coming looks amazing.

But, let's not kid ourselves here: the well will dry up next year unless sales seriously pick up.

Dreamcast lived a short live because Sega couldn't support it anymore, so they "unplugged" it.

I really doubt Sony, even in a hard economical situation as they are, would do the same.

Skyzard

Banned
Exactly, that kind of talk is as bad as the trolling "let's not kid ourselves" as if people actually know that shit.

Awesome! downloading :D

>_< same! modnation just bit the dust for memory space, again..such a slow download though (not sure if psn though....my nets been real slow today)....so long left :'(

entremet

For my DD bros, what the best way to manage your data PS3 or PC/Mac application?

Dreamcast lived a short live because Sega couldn't support it anymore, so they "unplugged" it.

I really doubt Sony, even in a hard economical situation as they are, would do the same.

Yeah, but 3rd parties are gonna be hesitant to develop for it.

Mondriaan

Sony's television arm is probably the part of the business hurting it the most and Sony doesn't look like it's exiting that; there probably isn't much reason to be worried about Sony abandoning the vita.

Exactly, that kind of talk is as bad as the trolling "let's not kid ourselves" as if people actually know shit..

Don't be sensitive. I bought a First Edition Master Race version, and I love my Vita. It's just very easy to see how things are currently going.

True. I don't think next year will be the death knell, truthfully, and all it would take is a few commercial successes to keep interest alive. I'm hoping the PS Suite stuff leads to a nice indie boom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom