• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaZero

I'll just wait for more news before post thread

anyways screen came out

GE2_Fami_09-19_002.jpg

Directly into my veins.

krYlon

So, despite the doom and gloom, I just recently bought a Vita.

What would you guys say is the best sub $15 Vita game to try out on this thing? Stardust? Tales from Space? Sound Shapes?

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children

What would you guys say is the best sub $15 Vita game to try out on this thing? Stardust? Tales from Space? Sound Shapes?
Sounds Shapes or FFVII in my opinion :)

If you want something really powerful however get either MGS2:S or MGS3:S (both 15 bucks each). MGS2 is my favorite game on Vita so far, ton of value

Sound Shapes is a pretty amazing game but it's fairly short but there is user created content. Stardust has pretty great re-playability and is also a great game.

How much user-created content is there for Sound Shapes? Is it high quality like the user created stuff on LBP?

Some of them are pretty good but most are sort of short. The main problem is that making levels AND music that sounds good is harder than just putting together a level. Half of Sound Shapes is the fantastic integration of music with gameplay.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Muramasa will be gorgeous on that screen.

Hope they Sigma'd the game, it need more enemies types,less backtracking,less random bullshit in boss fights..ect

but I'm not sure if Vanillaware will be involved with this port,since they work on that other game with Atlus that is most likely not for Vita anymore.

I'm really not understanding the doom and/or gloom. PS+ in november, PSmobile in a few weeks, several games I'm excited to play.

*shrug*

I know everyone judges everything through the lens that the Vita is DOOOOOMED therefore every single time Sony speaks they must SAVE IT. But if you stop giving a fuck about who sells how many of what and just on the merits of:

A. Is you vita making you happy now?

B. Are there games you are excited for in the future?

The answer, to me, is a resounding yes. I don't really give a fuck if the 3DS sells 10X as many units, I don't own Sony stock and nor do I care if rich people get richer. Just give me games. And TGS showed me some games I want to play.

In fact, I didn't even consider that it was a bad conference until I came to gaf afterwards. I watched it without coming here and at first when it was mostly about the first 9 months I was a little nervous but then they showed a ton of games and I was all "yay, a ton of games!" and came here expecting others to be happy and it was like a fucking nuclear bomb was set off here.

krYlon

Thanks for everyone's replies. I think I may start with Sound Shapes and go from there.

Too many games to choose from!!
Yes, I said it.

branny

Oh crap. I wake up and have an invite for PSABR. Really? After being ignored for every single other beta?????? <3

The character doesn't cast a shadow. Preorder canceled. :p
Actually, he thankfully does cast a shadow; it's just so stretched out and blurred that you can barely see where it starts at his feet.

I'm a shadow nazi, too.

Ponn

Banned
have you played LBP Vita?

Thats just it. I was about to double down and get LBP Vita digital and upgrade to a 32gb card but now i'm just weary about dropping anymore money like that. I'm not going to sell my Vita, PSP games are great on it and I have all my srpg's and FF games on it and I still want to play Persona 4 Golden but i'm just not excited to spend excess money or take chances on games like LBP. I don't know, maybe I should just get the 32GB and commit. I'm having a hard time keeping up with gaming anyways with college and work and theres always homebrew later.

In fact, I didn't even consider that it was a bad conference until I came to gaf afterwards. I watched it without coming here and at first when it was mostly about the first 9 months I was a little nervous but then they showed a ton of games and I was all "yay, a ton of games!" and came here expecting others to be happy and it was like a fucking nuclear bomb was set off here.

Well, I mean a "ton" of games?? The problem is the games shown, they are from "C" developers, "B" for vanillaware port, that otherwise people would only buy on sale. It's the lack of support from Square, Capcom and Konami thats depressing. And those games shown I really only see God Eater Burst getting localized. Thats the problem in a nutshell.

Shikoro

Actually, he thankfully does cast a shadow; it's just so stretched out and blurred that you can barely see where it starts at his feet.

I'm a shadow nazi, too.

If that blurred thing barely visible on the lower part of the shot is his shadow, then their shadow casting algorithm sucks a lot. The offset is too far from his legs to be considered his shadow...

Skyzard

Banned
Thanks for everyone's replies. I think I may start with Sound Shapes and go from there.

Too many games to choose from!!
Yes, I said it.

Great game, no worries there - speaking of which I went back to replay some of the Beck levels everyone loved and I honestly just don't see it. I think I only replayed the second one "we are the people" ...but it was so bad...the sound was just irritating and the gameplay was mostly under-water like bits.

It was okayish but nothing like deadmau5...which people weren't fond of! Maybe it's because I haven't heard any Beck before and didn't connect the levels to his style...will still replay the first and third just to see what all the fuss is about ....because its almost unanimously the favourite.

famousmortimer said:

^ Exactly. Imagine what the vita will be able to do for you in 2-3 years. You can always sell it off and buy it back again later if you bought it too soon....but I'd never be able to get rid of it and I'm the opposite....looking for anything and everything to play, way more than even considering letting go of it....I mean...what would I get if I didn't have a Vita. It's definitely going to be in my collection one way or the other and I am okay to wait like I did with PS3 for more AAA titles down the line.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Little question: There will be a sega conference? I want to see some footage of phantasy star online 2 and most wanted for vita.

Thats just it. I was about to double down and get LBP Vita digital and upgrade to a 32gb card but now i'm just weary about dropping anymore money like that. I'm not going to sell my Vita, PSP games are great on it and I have all my srpg's and FF games on it and I still want to play Persona 4 Golden but i'm just not excited to spend excess money or take chances on games like LBP. I don't know, maybe I should just get the 32GB and commit. I'm having a hard time keeping up with gaming anyways with college and work and theres always homebrew later.

Well, I mean a "ton" of games?? The problem is the games shown, they are from "C" developers, "B" for vanillaware port, that otherwise people would only buy on sale. It's the lack of support from Square, Capcom and Konami thats depressing. And those games shown I really only see God Eater Burst getting localized. Thats the problem in a nutshell.

Well square isn't really making games for anyone except ios. Capcom and Konami lost me years ago.

I also expect that we will be seeing more localizations than people expect. I think Sony has shown a willingness lately to bring over stuff usually not considered western enough. So until those games are officially not coming here (and I'm expecting Valhalla Knights 3, Gundam, Soul Sacrifice, Y's, and some others...).

If they don't come, or at some point no games come, I'll get bummed. But this forum is filled with people trying to tell me that the vita is dead, it sucks, sony sucks, etc... and that's completely the opposite of how I feel. I love my vita, I have a fucking ton of games for it and there are a ton of games I plan on buying in the future. The thing is freakin' awesome. Hell, I use the thing more than my pretty beefy PC with a steam account with over 300 games on it. I just really enjoy it. And I don't see that stopping. I feel no doom or no gloom.

Massa

I'm really not understanding the doom and/or gloom. PS+ in november, PSmobile in a few weeks, several games I'm excited to play.

*shrug*

I know everyone judges everything through the lens that the Vita is DOOOOOMED therefore every single time Sony speaks they must SAVE IT. But if you stop giving a fuck about who sells how many of what and just on the merits of:

The answer, to me, is a resounding yes. I don't really give a fuck if the 3DS sells 10X as many units, I don't own Sony stock and nor do I care if rich people get richer. Just give me games. And TGS showed me some games I want to play.

And this is the week in which one of the best games of the year regardless of platform just came out on the Vita.

No games, I tell you.

Ponn

Banned
Well square isn't really making games for anyone except ios. Capcom and Konami lost me years ago.

I also expect that we will be seeing more localizations than people expect. I think Sony has shown a willingness lately to bring over stuff usually not considered western enough. So until those games are officially not coming here (and I'm expecting Valhalla Knights 3, Gundam, Soul Sacrifice, Y's, and some others...).

If they don't come, or at some point no games come, I'll get bummed. But this forum is filled with people trying to tell me that the vita is dead, it sucks, sony sucks, etc... and that's completely the opposite of how I feel. I love my vita, I have a fucking ton of games for it and there are a ton of games I plan on buying in the future. The thing is freakin' awesome. Hell, I use the thing more than my pretty beefy PC with a steam account with over 300 games on it. I just really enjoy it. And I don't see that stopping. I feel no doom or no gloom.

I'm trying, I really am and i'm starting to feel a little better looking at the GEB2 screenshots (was already excited for Soul Sacrifice). I'd love confirmation on Muramasa localization.

I take exception with the Square not developing games for anyone else though *coughKH3DSFFTRMcough* I just wish Sony would love the system as much as I do. I think i'm being particularly pissy about it because I made the decison when I had the money about 3 weeks ago to either buy a replacement PS3 or buy a 3DSXL and I decided to get the PS3 to compliment my Vita and i'm feeling really burned by that decison. It's on me, but Sony is not helping.

I will do my part though and keep all my Newegg preorders and i'm going to go ahead and get that 32gb card and LBP Vita next week.

Holy hell though, my wrath will be felt if Lego LoTR Vita is a 3DS port job like Batman was.

mauaus

*shrug*

What really worries me is not the lack of games, its the lack of commitment from SCEA that week after week has nothing for it when there is so much content (already translated) ready to go...

I just need PES2013 from them...

Iacobellis

What really worries me is not the lack of games, its the lack of commitment from SCEA that week after week has nothing for it when there is so much content (already translated) ready to go...

Let's just hope they are wholeheartedly working on the PS4, giving it a launch unmatched. Then, maybe we will see better Vita support.

Setre

Vita am doomed guys, Vita am doomed.

Despite the coming obliteration of the Vita I'm still excited to play LBP, Ragnarok Odyssey, Zero Escape, Need for Speed, Book of Memories, Persona 4, Little King's Story, some of the games they announced at TGS, and the plethora of other PSN titles to come.

So seriously guys, Vita am doomed, right?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Vita am doomed guys, Vita am doomed.

Despite the coming obliteration of the Vita I'm still excited to play LBP, Ragnarok Odyssey, Zero Escape, Need for Speed, Book of Memories, Persona 4, Little King's Story, some of the games they announced at TGS, and the plethora of other PSN titles to come.

So seriously guys, Vita am doomed, right?

Nothing against you, but when will this whole thing die? It's like, the worst internet meme ever. Kind of like the whole "Cake is a lie" thing that went on far too long...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom