• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, here's the MH clone brigade on Vita thus far:

- Lord of Apocalypse (Square Enix)
- Ragnarok Odyssey (Gungho)
- Soul Sacrifice (SCE)
- Valhalla Knights 3 (MarvelousAQL)
- God Eater 2 (Namco Bandai)
- Toukiden (Koei-Temco)

Just missing the original, and Phantasy Star Portable ...

Wouldn't Phantasy Star Online 2 kinda count?

Apath

Can someone fill me in on why people say the Vita has no games? I get the "doooom" talk, but not the "no games".

I don't buy that many games (relatively speaking to GAF standards), and I have 7 retail Vita games with plans to buy 2-3 more in the next few months. For a handheld, it has quite a few games for its first 6 months of being on the market.

Vitacat

Can someone fill me in on why people say the Vita has no games? I get the "doooom" talk, but not the "no games".

I don't buy that many games (relatively speaking to GAF standards), and I have 7 retail Vita games with plans to buy 2-3 more in the next few months. For a handheld, it has quite a few games for its first 6 months of being on the market.

Willful ignorance. And trolling. Mostly trolling.

Toukiden is a mh clone?

Yeah there was no gameplay, just that ultra dark trailer. I'm wondering what it's style will even be like since it was just listed generically as an action game right?

I'm dying for some NFS: Most Wanted gameplay on Vita as well. Can SOMEONE on the damn showfloor freaking record anything? I'll even take shakeycam stuff, just something, please?! The lack of anything for it has been killing me since it's one of my most anticipated games.

Skyzard

Banned
Yeah there was no gameplay, just that ultra dark trailer. I'm wondering what it's style will even be like since it was just listed generically as an action game right?

I'm dying for some NFS: Most Wanted gameplay on Vita as well. Can SOMEONE on the damn showfloor freaking record anything? I'll even take shakeycam stuff, just something, please?! The lack of anything for it has been killing me since it's one of my most anticipated games.

You and me both. Same goes for Sonic and Sega All-stars...

August-September: Dammit, why aren't there any Vita games!?
October-November: Dammit, why are there so many Vita games!?

Because it's GAF and most things are overblown here.

OH YOU WILL

I hope! kenshiro is cool and one piece is too good

zroid

Banned

Part of it is ignorance, as Vitacat said, but it's also the predominance of ports.

I can see how Vita versions of games could be appealing to a Vita owner (because it's a great way to play games), but from the outside perspective, they don't give people a particularly compelling reason to jump on board.

That said, there are no fewer original games than most systems get in their first year, so yeah, people aren't paying attention.

(edit: I should add, Sony isn't exactly helping matters with its utter lack of marketing)

Derrick01

Banned

I think when people say that, the ones who aren't joking at least, mean that there isn't any heavy hitters or system sellers. And to that I say even if it was true who gives a shit? Most of us here are dedicated gamers who don't need a system seller to buy a system as long as the rest of the lineup is decent to good. Like I have a list of over 10 retail games to get when I get my Vita and none of them would probably be considered AAA/heavy hitters except Uncharted and Assassin's Creed, which admittedly is the Vita game I'm most excited for right now and it would be nice to have more of those types of games on the system. But there's plenty there already for a gamer to enjoy. You just have to actually try to find to something on it which I don't think a lot of people on Gaf care to do.

Darknight

Compared to PSP, its really bad. Its like Devs are afraid to make games for it and I dont blame them. Vita is doing really bad in NA market and prolly WW.

Dibbz

Can someone explain to me how Near works? I'm getting gifts and stuff for games I don't own. Are people sending me this stuff or am I somehow earning this? I've been using Near to try and get some treasure maps things but I'm kinda overwhelmed by everything.

zroid

Banned
Just got a feeling bro that It's going to happen. Sony moves in mysterious ways....hint hint $$$$ It's looking to be the best thing they have next to Monster Hunter. Maybe the delay is because they are porting it lol

it hurts because it's true :|

also:

spannicus
(Today, 08:25 PM)

Takao

Banned
Just got a feeling bro that It's going to happen. Sony moves in mysterious ways....hint hint $$$$ It's looking to be the best thing they have next to Monster Hunter. Maybe the delay is because they are porting it lol

I was legitimately surprised they didn't announce Gravity Rush for PS3 last night given how it all went down.

Skyzard

Banned
I was legitimately surprised they didn't announce Gravity Rush for PS3 last night given how it all went down.

I could have sworn I saw GR in the PS3 mashup too (dark alleyway, she was in the centre, back facing us)

can't find a clip to confirm..

spannicus

I want that game so bad, and I have no shame in admitting it. :p

I will also admit that I mostly want it for the music.

--

So it's true, SCEA layoffs today. Sucks. :(

The game is simple but looks fun like Angry Birds. I still want Frobisher says too. Come to think of it I want all the Vita apps that are in English that aren't available to us.

Takao

Banned
I made a PlayStation Mobile round up thread. Not a single fuck has been given as of yet.

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix is a game that would have been perfect for the Vita...

That's probably the worst thing about TGS thus far. We can't even get token releases of supports like freaking PS2 up ports.

Even on the PSP side, why isn't Scamco making One Piece PSP a PSP/Vita dual release and get SCE to release a special edition Vita? How about making Digimon Adventure PSP and PSP/Vita release as well so that game stands a tiny shot of localization?

I want that game so bad, and I have no shame in admitting it. :p

I will also admit that I mostly want it for the music.

--

So it's true, SCEA layoffs today. Sucks. :(

scea layoffs? Good, they need to shake things up. Hopefully they all land back on their feet, but theyve been doing a pretty incompetent job

scee is kicking their asses in comparison and should be awarded. Get them more head count and give them scea's job

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom