• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure I'm in love with my current Hori silicone case; what's the line on the hard plastic shells? Are any of them pretty good? Recommendations?

Also, how's LEGO Harry Potter 5-7?
I have always sworn by Hori shells in the past, so I imported a hard Hori shell at launch and in general I'm okay with it. It adds a noticeable weight to the system and tbh I don't think it would protect the Vita from serious damage if it had a bad drop (I've seen handhelds pop out of Hori shells when dropped on hard surfaces, would expect the same with this one), especially because so much of the Vita has to be exposed to just use the system (analogs, front/rear touch screens) but it protects my Vita from minor nicks and scratches and keeps it clean from fingerprints etc. so I keep using it. IIRC, Hori has a hard shell with a plastic "door" on the back that you can use to cover up the rear touch pad when you're not using it, but I opted for the shell with a naked back for easier access.

SYCiVl.jpg

AKfXVl.jpg

One thing to note is that there was originally a black hinge on the bottom of the shell that you could unclick from the front of the shell and twist back to prop your Vita up like a stand (at least, I think that's what it was for, couldn't see any other use to it since it wasn't holding the front and the back of the shell together or anything). I never used it as a stand, but it randomly broke off a month or so ago. I didn't really care since I thought it was just a superfluous piece of plastic, but just a heads up if you are interested in this case.

Sol1dus

I'm not sure I'm in love with my current Hori silicone case; what's the line on the hard plastic shells? Are any of them pretty good? Recommendations?

Also, how's LEGO Harry Potter 5-7?

I'm working on the platinum for it. I don't think its worth $20. Maybe 10. Its just a port from the PSP game and its really boring/repetitive.

I'm having such a hard time deciding on what to buy between VT4 and HSG. So hard, in fact, that I'm probably going to forget to buy either one!

damn it

I went with HSG and don't regret it. Wish I played the series before this now. Great arcade-like feel that is fast paced and addictive.

(I'm only on Amateur and suck ass at putting)

Easy way out: Buy both. :/
Just paid off Persona 4 Arena after debating that for the longest time, so I've only got about $30 or so left to spend until my next paycheck. ):

I went with HSG and don't regret it. Wish I played the series before this now. Great arcade-like feel that is fast paced and addictive.

(I'm only on Amateur and suck ass at putting)

I really loved the demo and I feel I'll have a better time playing HSG, but I'm downloading the VT4 demo juuust in case...

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
I'm having such a hard time deciding on what to buy between VT4 and HSG. So hard, in fact, that I'm probably going to forget to buy either one!

damn it
I played the first five minutes of Garshasp and it was the worst thing I've ever played, so you owe it to me to buy Virtua Tennis 4.

kiyomi

um, am I the only one who leaves the Vita OS music on and secretly loves it?

Nah, I quite like it.

I'd also love to get VT4 or HSG but can't really afford anything new atm. Still just messing around with different PSP titles, some Gravity Rush and Rayman.

Decided to rip open my 16gb and just put it in there, transferred everything across. No need for the 4gb now.

I'm still not sure what the hell Sony is doing in regards to advertising for the Vita. However I am somewhat happy and very surprised with what I saw today.

On the inside cover of this month's ESPN The Magazine there is a 2 page ad for the Vita Madden 2013 bundle. (Is it against the rules to post a picture of it?)

I have no clue if this will help sales at all but the more games and exposure that this system gets the better it will do.

Kyon

Banned
i believe if its an ad and nothing else its allowed but that's just what I remember some people doing
ask a mod

Pachimari

Yes, I believe so.

be very careful the charger and the proprietary USB wire ARE SOLD SEPARATELY!!

yes, there is Sony official AC adapter one and other third party too.

if you are going for Sony one remember they sell it without the weird looking USB cable(yeah it's super lame, so you will have to buy the cable too if you lost that too) but most third party one give you the USB cable with the ac adapter/charger.

I found this at Elgiganten. Is this one the official one? It's around $10.
Oh and crap about the USB cable, duh. I'll try find one.

EDIT
Found the USB cable too here.

My charger seriously gotta be in the house somewhere. I gotta try look through the whole house again tomorrow, ugh.

Glix

I'm still not sure what the hell Sony is doing in regards to advertising for the Vita. However I am somewhat happy and very surprised with what I saw today.

On the inside cover of this month's ESPN The Magazine there is a 2 page ad for the Vita Madden 2013 bundle. (Is it against the rules to post a picture of it?)

I have no clue if this will help sales at all but the more games and exposure that this system gets the better it will do.

I am 99% sure that if it is an advertisement you can scan it.

Roubjon

I'm thinking of picking up a Vita from Gamestop tomorrow because they have an offer that gives you Gravity Rush and a 4GB Memory card for free. Do you guys think there is any chance I would be able to get a sealed copy of Gravity Rush at the Gamestop or will it be some crappy display one? Honestly, if that's the case I'll probably just order from Amazon, which also gives a free copy of Gravity Rush and some protective film as well.

Also, any suggestions on protection cases for it? I don't really care for anything that fancy, just something good enough so when I put it in my bag it doesn't get beat up.

Thinking of selling my Vita, I was initially hoping it was going to have a host of decent Indy games on it akin to 'Mutant Blobs Attack' but sadly that doesn't seem to be the case atm and 'Playstation Mobile' seems to be dragging its heals, and truth be told I feel dubious at best about that particular venture.

I have to say I'm pretty gutted tbh at how Sony have handled the Vita, I really can't see it's fortunes changing, I boot up the store every week and nothing new appearing, even Nintendo has stuff appearing on the store on a weekly basis, how on earth did Sony get bested by Nintendo on the digital store front?, it bewilders me seriously.

<sigh>

So... not even going to give it one holiday? Both the NDS and 3DS had slow first years. Most consoles do. Even the Xbox 360 had a boring first year (COD2 was the only standout). Whatever, though. See ya.

Sol1dus

Got Gravity Rush from a cool dude from the B/S/T thread. I gave him Uncharted for it. Its pretty cool, I can tell I'm going to have some fun with it.

A question though, is there no English dialogue?

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Got Gravity Rush from a cool dude from the B/S/T thread. I gave him Uncharted for it. Its pretty cool, I can tell I'm going to have some fun with it.

A question though, are there no English dialogue?
No. It's not a real language either, it's a sort of gibberish mixed with French.

I played the first five minutes of Garshasp and it was the worst thing I've ever played, so you owe it to me to buy Virtua Tennis 4.
man you don't even know what you're saying

I'm thinking of picking up a Vita from Gamestop tomorrow because they have an offer that gives you Gravity Rush and a 4GB Memory card for free. Do you guys think there is any chance I would be able to get a sealed copy of Gravity Rush at the Gamestop or will it be some crappy display one? Honestly, if that's the case I'll probably just order from Amazon, which also gives a free copy of Gravity Rush and some protective film as well.

Also, any suggestions on protection cases for it? I don't really care for anything that fancy, just something good enough so when I put it in my bag it doesn't get beat up.
I still need to get a case, so no help from me there. But the chances of you getting a sealed copy of Gravity Rush at Gamestop... the chances of it being sealed aren't nonexistent, but it might be a bit of trouble. If you look at the store locator for a product on their website, if it says [*Low Stock], that usually means it's a display copy.

is it me or are the speakers virtually non-existent?

they're crap.
Yeah, the speakers aren't very good on this thing... =/ They're just alright.

oldmario

Is it just Everybodys Tennis or do other games have a problem with certain letters overlapping? when ever the letter "o" and "l" are next to each other it looks like a "d"

zroid

Banned
Just remembered a Vita-related anecdote.

Back in March, I went to a Sony event, and they were demoing some Vita and PS3 games. I hadn't gotten my hands on a Vita before, so I was excited to finally try it out for myself. There were a couple stations, in one of which I played Mutant Blobs Attack. I wasn't thrilled with it, but liked it well enough.

The guy there, presumably from DrinkBox, asked me if I had a Vita. I replied that I didn't, and he seemed a little dispirited.

He went on to tell me, at this Sony event, that it'll be coming to Steam soon, so I should buy it there, if I wanted.

Wonder how Sony feels about that.

well I thought it was funny >_>

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Just remembered a Vita-related anecdote.

Back in March, I went to a Sony event, and they were demoing some Vita and PS3 games. I hadn't gotten my hands on a Vita before, so I was excited to finally try it out for myself. There were a couple stations, in one of which I played Mutant Blobs Attack. I wasn't thrilled with it, but liked it well enough.

The guy there, presumably from DrinkBox, asked me if I had a Vita. I replied that I didn't, and he seemed a little dispirited.

He went on to tell me, at this Sony event, that it'll be coming to Steam soon, so I should buy it there, if I wanted.

Wonder how Sony feels about that.

well I thought it was funny >_>
You broke his heart. You should track down the guy and wave around your Mutant Blobbed Vita.

brentech

I'll add any fellow Vita believers. Just say you from gaf.
Same PSN ID

While I highly enjoy what breakfast is made of up, I usually skip it =O

namco not making a tekken game for vita is absolutely disgusting considering the hardware was made for it. What do you guys expect to see at the Tokyo game show this year? I'm hoping the situation with vita gets way better. I'm trying not to freak out since this is only vita's first year.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
namco not making a game for vita is absolutely disgusting considering the hardware was made for it. What do you guys expect to see at the Tokyo game show this year? I'm hoping the situation with vita gets way better. I'm trying not to freak out since this is only vita's first year.
How is the Vita suited to Namco games any more than any other system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom