• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing wrong with that. I have 20 3DS games, love me some Nintendo, especially the 3DS as a whole. I'm extremely anticipating the new XL next month.

Nintendo, quite reminds me of a hopelessly adorable guy...who watches cartoons while eating cereal on a Sunday evening. He'll make the crazy uncle laugh, he'll gain 10, 20 or 30 lbs., but you won't mind. He might wear neon suspenders to the big job interview, too. He looks a little silly, but it's hard to resist smiling when you're around him. He can't keep a deeply serious conversation going, but for all the "apparent" lack of brain - his true genius lies in his charm, his creativity: you can't help but love his silly, fat ass....

...That said, I'm learning to fall back in love with Sony, but it's a colder relationship. Sony's that high maintenance guy (I'm gay ^_^), quite posh and polished - worldly, affluently poised, if a bit pretentious. Beneath all of the surface sheen, lies an oft tardy and disorganized personality who hasn't had his shit sorted. Sony, as we call him - likes fluttering about - naive to reality; believing his own confidence and perspective to be the sole truth. One can't help but admire his tenacity and steely resolve....even while questioning his self destructive, absent minded decisions.

Pardon my weird metaphors for both companies....
Sounds about right.

Kyon

Banned
Don't do it, it's an awful game and a disgrace to the Persona name,save your money for some other game.

nooooooooo not you going IN on everyone who mentions P3P

ahh.gif

Grinchy

Banned
Might as well show my "Phantom of the Opera" Vita:

It's cracked on both sides, and missing the serial number sticker. ^_^

YOU MONSTER

Damn, do you have some sort of Bat-Signal for whenever P3P gets mentioned? It's uncanny.

lmao I noticed that too

Sadly, he successfully talked me out of the game. I mean I have way too much to play these days anyway, so I was definitely on the fence and waiting for P4G. But, at $10, p3p went from must-buy to nah because of him

OmegaZero

My Vita has a dent in one side and two scratches on the other.
Both are on the silver plastic bumper, luckily.

Protip: never toss portable handheld videogame devices across a room, no matter how angry you are.

Lucent

Don't do it, it's an awful game and a disgrace to the Persona name,save your money for some other game.

Don't listen to this. Watch some videos. The only difference between the two really is the PSP version saves you the time it takes to repeatedly go to the same places over and over. =/

Koyuga

My Vita has a dent in one side and two scratches on the other.
Both are on the silver plastic bumper, luckily.

Protip: never toss portable handheld videogame devices across a room, no matter how angry you are.

I don't see how someone could get so violently angry with expensive technology. Must have been pretty angry. I'll always punch my leg or something before damaging my gaming goods.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
I don't see how someone could get so violently angry with expensive technology. Must have been pretty angry. I'll always punch my leg or something before damaging my gaming goods.
Same here. The angriest I've been at a game is when I played Jade Empire, and even then I just gripped my mouse really tightly. Considering how easy it is to put the Vita to sleep, I can't imagine getting angry while playing the thing.

OmegaZero

Eh, life does that.
I was really pissed, my Vita was lying right there, and I just picked it up and threw it (it hit the couch and bounced into a lamp, luckily).

Ever since, I've kept it in a case. :<

Grinchy

Banned

I've gotten so angry at Monster Hunter a couple times that I've lightly tossed my Vita to the side, but that's in my bed. Usually I just rage swipe (sudden quitting of the game).

Lucent

Group therapy in the Vita thread. Let us talk of rage quitting and the destruction of expensive things.

Actually, something funny, I kinda broke a 360 controller once doing a Extreme mode run on Lost Planet and I slammed it again for some reason and it fixed it. Hmm...

But now I try to keep things in check. I avoid playing too competitively and I give myself a rest if I have to repeatedly play a part cuz I'm getting my arse kicked.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
I've gotten so angry at Monster Hunter a couple times that I've lightly tossed my Vita to the side, but that's in my bed. Usually I just rage swipe (sudden quitting of the game).

You shuold just stop playing the game. Games are meant to be enjoyed, the moment it stops being enjoyable, there is really no point in playing.

Sadly, he successfully talked me out of the game. I mean I have way too much to play these days anyway, so I was definitely on the fence and waiting for P4G. But, at $10, p3p went from must-buy to nah because of him
You should get P3P. At this price it's easily worth it. I own 3 other versions and I bought it.

Sheik

Yeah, my handhelds and portable devices are treated with extra care. I have been guilty of stomping my foot petulantly and swearing like a sailor on the rare occasion though.

So I'm doing a play-through of all of the Persona games and I'm trying to decide which to play it on: PSP Go or PS Vita? With the PSP Go I have the more comfortable form factor (plus it's the best looking PS hardware ever) and the ability to use component cables. On the Vita I have the better screen and the ability to have Persona 4 on it (so I'll be used to the Vita by then plus have all save files together in case I want to NG+ them). What does GAF have to say on this issue?
Tough call. I've been playing P3P on my Vita and I can't imagine downgrading it to the go's smaller screen size and more cramped controls, but since you find the go more comfortable anyway sounds like that may be the way for you to go, er, so to speak. I'm with you on the PSPgo love, but I find the analog nub uncomfortable so I'd personally never want to play a game that required analog use on it (I only play PS1 classics on mine and most of those are fine with the D-pad).

Same here. The angriest I've been at a game is when I played Jade Empire, and even then I just gripped my mouse really tightly. Considering how easy it is to put the Vita to sleep, I can't imagine getting angry while playing the thing.
Ditto, I grip/squeeze my console controllers when I'm really pissed off at a game or maybe toss it to the other end of the couch when there's a blanket there to land on, but could never throw my electronics anywhere, especially at something hard. Worst thing I've ever done is roughly snap my DS shut when I'm ticked (Puzzle Quest, haha) but the clam shell was designed for that kind of "abuse," so...:p

So I went and bought everybodies tennis as it was on sale for £3.19. Just like everybodys gold it hooked me in lol. I really love their games. They appear simple but are actually quite in depth. After playing for a couple of days it made me want to play golf again so I popped that in and pretty much played it all yesterday. Finally clocked on that power is the most important thing. So started using Max and power ball and club. There was a 1 event in bronze and silver that i didnt have a star on and I managed those with some easy this time. However Im still struggling with the gold events. The 4th one I got a star and even a crown on but the courses are so hard I havnt done well at all in the other 4 events. Il get there eventually.

Went online with it again. I forgot how awesome the lobby is. Running around with my zebra headed, cloak wearing, boxing glove wielding avatar. Like some kind of bat shit insane super hero. Online also works reall well on this game. Shame everybodys tennis doesn't have it.

Cornbread78

I have a small case for my Vita and MacBookAir. The MBA has sensitive data, so it's never out of my sight. The Vita goes into the same case/bag. ^_^

For road trips, I just put my Vita in the glovebox.

l laughed when i saw this, my vita always goes in my work laptop bag and never leaves my side

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I don't think I ever heard more than 30 seconds of it. Disabled it and a few startup applications as soon as I got the system.

Kyon

Banned
I got UMvsC3 yesterday.. i used to own the console version. I think im gonna return it tho, never realized how done i was with that game till now.

I'm thinking about starting MGS2 on the Vita later today. Anyone else had a chance to play through that version? I'm kind of hyped just thinking about how beautiful it will look on the glorious Vita screen.

Pachimari

I haven't touched my PlayStation Vita for months but just turned it on again today and is playing Unit 13, it's still great fun in bursts. Still got a whole lot of games to review, like MotorStorm RC, Hustle Kings, Escape Plan etc. Thinking of getting MGS: HD Collection and Gravity Rush as well.

We still don't have a Western release for Persona 4 right? What else is coming out? AC3: Liberation, Call of Duty, LBP: GoKarting and PS All-Stars?

Sid

I haven't touched my PlayStation Vita for months but just turned it on again today and is playing Unit 13, it's still great fun in bursts. Still got a whole lot of games to review, like MotorStorm RC, Hustle Kings, Escape Plan etc. Thinking of getting MGS: HD Collection and Gravity Rush as well.

We still don't have a Western release for Persona 4 right? What else is coming out? AC3: Liberation, Call of Duty, LBP: GoKarting and PS All-Stars?

LBP karting isn't coming but lbp vita is and nfs most wanted,madden,fifa etc. are coming this year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom