• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just think the COD brand name will sell wayyy more units than any other game, no matter how shit the game is.

Don't know as if it will be a big Vita spike, though.

I can just see all the teen CoD addicts who prestige 84 times asking for a Vita with the game for Christmas -- maybe AC:L too. The lure of "I can play CoD anywhere" would probably put it on a lot of lists.

And considering the community that seems to still be playing Burning Skies multiplayer is larger than I would expect it to be several months after launch, especially with the complaints about the shotgun (which in my limited experience seem to be 100% accurate), if Nihilistic listened to fan feedback on that game and works with whomever is in charge of the CoD branding/quality, as long as the MP has legs, the game will sell and will probably end up moving units.

Like I said, I'd rather see Assasins Creed Liberation be a huge hit and move actual hardware. This COD is more a detriment to the Vita brand. The alternative is they delay it until March 2013 and let the game get lots of polish, and added content.

Have you played it? If so, fair enough.

And I really don't care *what* sells units. Mario clone, Nintendogs clone, Smash clone, whatever. Just get the HW in the hands of consumers so the userbase grows and companies decide it's worth the monetary investment in making games for the platform.

Marz

I dunno. CoD on the DS might not have been similar to the console experience.....but it still has the CoD branding and the DS had a massive install base and those games didn't set the sales charts on fire or anything.

Skyzard

Banned
I dunno. CoD on the DS might not have been similar to the console experience.....but it still has the CoD branding and the DS had a massive install base and those games didn't set the sales charts on fire or anything.

As has been talked about, the DS userbase isn't the same as the COD demographic..not to mention dual stick shooter, piracy etc.

It will likely sell well...depending on how they advertise it...I'm hoping the less the better so we have less of a shitstorm afterwards

Takao

Banned
iLuIA46dsYFS4.gif

Speaking of One Piece, look at what's getting a bundle:

Grinchy

Banned
Finally hit my A rank in Treasure Park thanks to Kerrak and a few others who consistently send sheets. Kerrak is an S rank already....

O4SDEl.jpg

Takao

Banned
How badly is the PSP going to outsell the Vita this holiday season?

In Japan? I dunno, it'll probably happen though. PSP has a better lineup and is cheaper. Vita's holiday release schedule is pretty empty of anything in Japan.

I have a good feeling that One Piece game will be a big hit too, since it comes out days before the new movie.

sajj316

Hello my friend, we meet again
It's been awhile, where should we begin?
Feels like forever
Within my heart are memories
Of perfect love that you gave to me
Oh, I remember

When you are with me, I'm free
I'm careless, I believe
Above all the others we'll fly
This brings tears to my eyes
My sacrifice

We've seen our share of ups and downs
Oh how quickly life can turn around
In an instant
It feels so good to reunite
Within yourself and within your mind
Let's find peace there

Carl

I wouldn't be surprised at GoW Vita, someone has to build it, hopefully it's RAD, but they seem to turn their nose up at the idea when it's mentioned.

Would love to see them make a GoW game. RAD are busy working on a new IP for next gen consoles.

Takao

Banned
I would like to see Bend make a new IP if SF is truly dead forever. They're better than to be labeled a "B-team" by working on handheld iterations of someone else's work.

I just think the COD brand name will sell wayyy more units than any other game, no matter how shit the game is.

Don't know as if it will be a big Vita spike, though.

Oh and tbh I hope both COD and AC:L sell gangbusters (though more for AC) because if they do it means more developer support and shitty cash-in developer support is better than absolutely no support at all.

That said, after reading the latest COD impressions I canceled my COD:Declassified preorder from newegg and will pick it up at < $20 pricepoint.

Rasec

Just finished Dokuro!! *__*

Awesome game but made me use my brain a lot! x'DD

Really cool game, would've bought it at the 40 price tag, but for the cheap price they asking it's a must for the vita.

Yopis

Like I said, I'd rather see Assasins Creed Liberation be a huge hit and move actual hardware. This COD is more a detriment to the Vita brand. The alternative is they delay it until March 2013 and let the game get lots of polish, and added content.

Honestly I would like to see both do well. We need everything on vita doing well sales wise. Really want to see vita getting sales this holiday. Maybe next cod will be better, maybe im just being optimistic.

Rasec

Cool, will definetly buy it. :)
It's a really huge (i played 15h) game that revolves on puzzles mixed with a little of combat and platforming.
Didn't thought i would like it so much but the simple gameplay, challenging puzzles and art made me like this game a lot.
$100 here I come!
Hmm, my last purchase was LBP in september.
those 100 are kinda far for me. xP

This month for now i will only get Streetxtekken and jet set radio/retro city rampage if they come out on my country.
And maybe Assassins Creed if i can buy it on the launch date.

Maybe it's time to finally follow my urge to buy wipeout 2048 but something tells me will be on sale when ps+ launches on the vita

Wow, it's good to have my ban over with and to be posting again!

During my 30 day forced vacation from GAF, I...

- Platinumed Sound Shapes. I cheated my way through Beat School. By looking up the answered grid sheets. But there is no way easy way through Death Mode! Damn, some of those levels took me over 50 attempts to clear. However, I felt like a fraking champ every time I finished one. The bet part about platinumung this game on Vita is bootlng up the PS3 version, loading your cloud save and collecting all those sweet trophies again with no effort.

- Platinumed Resistance: Burning Skies. This game... this game, ugh, so many mixed feelings over it. On one hand, it plays really well on the Vita. It felt incredibly nature to play a FPS on with the Vita. Nihilistic did an amazing job in the way game handles. But on the other hand, this game is bland as hell! There was next no music during the levels. The game felt flat and without any immersive atmosphere because of this. I only played one round of multiplayer so I could obtain the single trophy I needed to complete the Platinum. Overall, R:BS isnt a bad game, it cold have been so much more.

- Bought New Little King's Story. I'm about 6 hours deep, I've rescued the first princess and I'm completing a bunch of side quests. Yes, the game is full price and $36 or less would have been nice. But I think the game is great and worth the $40 asking price. Looking forward to playing more and no, the slow down isn't that bad.

And to end this post, I just picked up Uncharted: GA again. Is it just me, or are the graphics improving as the game progresses? I just hit chapter 14 and it looks stunning.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I've just seen a Spy Hunter ad (nothing in-game offcourse) on GiantBomb.

aside from being ashamed and not showing the actual ugly ass game,This is a pure wasted money since GiantBomb don't give a fuck about Vita (and in less degree 3DS )and their owners/fans,WB press/marketing guys should know better.

@Reluctant-Hero,welcome back to the Sisterhood of Vitabros.

Platinumed Resistance: Burning Skies

why?

- Platinumed Sound Shapes. I cheated my way through Beat School. By looking up the answered grid sheets. But there is no way easy way through Death Mode! Damn, some of those levels took me over 50 attempts to clear. However, I felt like a fraking champ every time I finished one. The bet part about platinumung this game on Vita is bootlng up the PS3 version, loading your cloud save and collecting all those sweet trophies again with no effort.

- Platinumed Resistance: Burning Skies. This game... this game, ugh, so many mixed feelings over it. On one hand, it plays really well on the Vita. It felt incredibly nature to play a FPS on with the Vita. Nihilistic did an amazing job in the way game handles. But on the other hand, this game is bland as hell! There was next no music during the levels. The game felt flat and without any immersive atmosphere because of this. I only played one round of multiplayer so I could obtain the single trophy I needed to complete the Platinum. Overall, R:BS isnt a bad game, it cold have been so much more.

- Bought New Little King's Story. I'm about 6 hours deep, I've rescued the first princess and I'm completing a bunch of side quests. Yes, the game is full price and $36 or less would have been nice. But I think the game is great and worth the $40 asking price. Looking forward to playing more and no, the slow down isn't that bad.

And to end this post, I just picked up Uncharted: GA again. Is it just me, or are the graphics improving as the game progresses? I just hit chapter 14 and it looks stunning.

Welcome back Vitabro. ^_^

If you play the game, you pretty much get a platinum... there's like 4 trophies you actually have to work for (headshots, overheats, melee kills, large enemy kills), the rest are natural story/progression achievements, there's the one for trying multiplayer, and the upgrade ones are almost like...

So the better question, should you decide to play Resistance: Burning Skies is "whynot?".

So predictions for the big sellers for vita this holiday?

I bet AC:L, NFS:MW, cod and persona sell well.

Maybe, but I won't be buying any of them any time soon -- still hope they do well though. Again, more Vitas sold, more software sales -- all good for the user base.
If I see P4G or AC:L drop to $20 or below, I might check them out... but after playing through AC2, I lost all interest in what the game had become and have not played ACB or ACR and don't have the urge to pick up AC3 either. Neither of them are day one titles for me (unfortunately, I don't see any day one vita titles for me in the near future unless I go for SFxT) but I hope they do well.

B.O.O.M

Why would Sony Bend be on thin ice? :S Isn't Golden Abyss like 700k or so sold so far on vita. That's pretty impressive given the state of the hardware. I'm sure the game has been profitable for sony.

I personally wanna see any one of the following three from them

1. New IP...preferably a TPS/Action game
2. Another Uncharted...I loved Golden Abyss. Polish things a bit, better villain and remove the balancing ffs...then it would be fantastic
3. A TPS Sequel to R: Retribution

Number 3 is the least likeliest because it lacks sales potential and I see no reason why sony would want that. But damn that would have been so awesome

If you play the game, you pretty much get a platinum... there's like 4 trophies you actually have to work for (headshots, overheats, melee kills, large enemy kills), the rest are natural story/progression achievements, there's the one for trying multiplayer, and the upgrade ones are almost like...

So the better question, should you decide to play Resistance: Burning Skies is "whynot?".

If you rent a copy from Gamefly, it's at least a $10 fee to get the platinum. Why? Two words: "Online Pass".

VanWinkle

Welcome back. I was wondering where you were. And yes, uncharted's graphics definitely improve over the course of the game. Later chapters look incredible.

Loudninja

MLB 12 The Show on PS3 and PS Vita Get a Price Drop, Predict Playoffs
As Major League Baseball gears up for postseason play, you can too, as baseball’s highest-rated and bestselling game is now available at a new lower price. MLB 12 The Show is now just $29.99 for PS3 and $19.99 for PS Vita. Begin your hunt for October as you watch your favorite teams vie for postseason immortality.
This price drop means owners of both the PS3 and the PS Vita hardware can buy both games for less than $50 combined, giving them the ability to enjoy cross-platform functionality by saving and continuing a single Season, Franchise or Road to The Show mode on either platform.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...nd-ps-vita-get-a-price-drop-predict-playoffs/

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Superb - checked my mail today and saw my copy of Hot Shots waiting for me that I paid a whole $14 for (shipped!) thanks to that GAF tip. This game was a great time, so now I've got ANOTHER Vita game to keep me busy with. :D

I'm working my way through Hatsune Miku and still loving the hell out of it. Pretty sure Summer Idol is not only my favorite song so far, but it's damn adorable to watch. So good.

I've also gotten to chapter 8 of Gravity Rush. I started to get sick of this game, but after deciding to actively avoid retrying challenges (to get anything above a Bronze), the game has become a LOT more enjoyable. :)

StuBurns

Banned
Graphically GA peaks with the log flume type bit, obviously game wise there's very little happening, and geometry wise the view is very dense, but just graphically I was literally slack jawed, I couldn't believe a handheld game could look that good, it could have been in the console three and it would not look out of place whatsoever, amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom