• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 5 | The handheld who would be King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sid

Thanks!

The backgrounds are pretty hideous and the bubbles aren't attractive at all either lol. Can you download skins/mods for the menu?

I'll stick with 4gb for a bit, but I think I'll eventually upgrade to 16gb due to wanting to play a whole bunch of PSOne/PSP games I missed out on.

edit: Also, whats a nice looking PSVita case to carry it around in?
Yes http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=462902 ,lock screens too,if you meant mods which completely change it's look i don't think you can do that and as for a case idk.

Shinriji

Aqua Kitty is the best PS Mobile game till now. Good retro graphics and sound. Shame about the framerates hiccups, but it only happened once or twice.

oldmario

I got pdf and technika tune the other day i shouldn't play those games after a certain time at night, 1 song turned into a 3 hour play session till my battery died

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I got pdf and technika tune the other day i shouldn't play those games after a certain time at night, 1 song turned into a 3 hour play session till my battery died

Thankfully, after a certain hour, my brain can't really focus enough to play rhythm games effectively, but my battery still goes away damn quick. :p

PS - what is the US date on Tune?? Anyone know? I need to put my order in at Amazon eventually...

Roubjon

Thankfully, after a certain hour, my brain can't really focus enough to play rhythm games effectively, but my battery still goes away damn quick. :p

PS - what is the US date on Tune?? Anyone know? I need to put my order in at Amazon eventually...

Yeah, nobody knows when it'll pop up on Amazon yet. I'm guessing soon? The game comes out in like 20 days.

And I think my Vita buttons are all squeaky now because of Project Diva. Oh well, I knew it was going to happen eventually.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Yeah, nobody knows when it'll pop up on Amazon yet. I'm guessing soon? The game comes out in like 20 days.

And I think my Vita buttons are all squeaky now because of Project Diva. Oh well, I knew it was going to happen eventually.

Oh no - I don't want my buttons to get shitty. :( They did that with my countless hours of DJ Max games on my PSP. Can we replace Vita buttons???

Rootbeer

Banned
Reading your post Zulithe makes me happy that I don't care about anything but my Vita for gaming. I can spend my gaming budget on any of the titles I want and don't have to make tough decisions like that. :p
I'm thankful! I see games all the time that make me go, "Cool game, really deserves support, but sadly it won't be me" -- to know there's lots of people out there is a relief. That's not to say I don't support games because I buy A TON of games on all platforms. But money can only stretch so far :p

I already have money put aside for Retro City Rampage Vita though. Nothing will stop that purchase.

Roubjon

Oh no - I don't want my buttons to get shitty. :( They did that with my countless hours of DJ Max games on my PSP. Can we replace Vita buttons???

They aren't shitty, they just make little squeaky sounds when I press down on a button and then make little circular motions. Do everybody's do that? I'm pretty sure mine didn't out of the box. They still make that good clicky noise when I press down on them though, and they aren't any less responsive.

Keep in mind this is with 30 hours of EXTREME!!!! gameplay.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
They aren't shitty, they just make little squeaky sounds when I press down on a button and then make little circular motions. Do everybody's do that? I'm pretty sure mine didn't out of the box. They still make that good clicky noise when I press down on them though, and they aren't any less responsive.

Keep in mind this is with 30 hours of EXTREME!!!! gameplay.

Mine do not do that, no - but over time, I imagine it's very likely to happen, haha.

And heck yes at Retro City Rampage. I'm stoked for that game - River City Ransom is one of my favorite games of all time, so this should deliver!

Niche or not, P4G will sell well. Why? Because Vita owners have been starved for content. I think that the averge Vita owner is an informed gaming consumer. They've been awaiting the big titles for months on end and they're willing to try anything new. The months of October and November are a virtual smorgasbord of Vita Heaven.

- Persona 4 Golden
- Assassin's Creed: Liberation
- Ragnarok Odyssey
- Need for Speed: Most Wanted
- Retro City Rampage
- Doctor Who
- Jet Set Radio

That's seven games that I'm personally buying. Who knows how many the average owner will buy, but I guarantee P4G is on their list.

And P3P is awesome. =P

Well....

I'm definitely getting Assassins Creed Liberation and Need For Speed Most Wanted on Oct 30. I do have some slight interest in Street Fighter X Tekken, too, just not enough to decide on its purchase yet.

I have no interest in the Persona series, nor is P4G on my list. I don't know what it is, other than an involving like Pokemon (which I've also never, ever tried) - in that its (both are) an addictive, collection based RPG that require a lot of time (time sink)?

^comparison to Pokemon not meant as an insult (none be offended) lol

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Can someone tell me how to finish the Book of Memories demo? I
killed the Fire Demon boss but am not trapped in the arena with no exit
. Did Konami really not put in a "okay, you finished the demo, congrats!" message and just decided to be dicks and trap you in an area or am I overlooking something?

Oh, nevermind. Skipped over a note that ended it. Way to go Konami. :/

Had fun with the demo but the lack of subtitles kills the enjoyment for me.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Wait so that dj maxx game is finally coming out and it's called technica tune? :eek:
Methinks its time to buy a playstation!

Can someone tell me how to finish the Book of Memories demo? I
killed the Fire Demon boss but am not trapped in the arena with no exit
. Did Konami really not put in a "okay, you finished the demo, congrats!" message and just decided to be dicks and trap you in an area or am I overlooking something?

Demo ended for me. Maybe yours just glitched? :(

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Demo ended for me. Maybe yours just glitched? :(

Yeah, I overlooked a note that ended the area. They could've made that a bit more apparent.

Demo was fun, but the lack of subtitles killed the enjoyment a bit for me.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Wait so that dj maxx game is finally coming out and it's called technica tune? :eek:
Methinks its time to buy a playstation!

Yes - it's based off of Technika though, the arcade touch screen variant. Still going to be AMAZING (except that it doesn't have Blythe...).

Well....

I'm definitely getting Assassins Creed Liberation and Need For Speed Most Wanted on Oct 30. I do have some slight interest in Street Fighter X Tekken, too, just not enough to decide on its purchase yet.

I have no interest in the Persona series, nor is P4G on my list. I don't know what it is, other than an involving like Pokemon (which I've also never, ever tried) - in that its (both are) an addictive, collection based RPG that require a lot of time (time sink)?

^comparison to Pokemon not meant as an insult (none be offended) lol
Personally, I dont get the urge to get all monster in persona games, they're just tools that you swap and merge anyway you like as long as I keep a balanced collection of all elemntal skill to fight enemies and bosses, it really felt a lot more like dating sim game with some rpg dungeon battle mixed in. Totally different with pokemon

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
So Gamedfly has sent me a copy of what could be the Vita GOTY; Spy Hunter. I'll report on it later this week.

kOWlp.gif

There's so much undeserved hate, stupid silent hill's fanboys will make everything to boycott it.

Cut the crap dude, please.

If someone thinks that the game is bad/boring that does not make them "stupid silent hill´s fanboys", you know, maybe they just don´t like the damn game, if you do, good, that´s cool, but calling people out? come on...i like burning skies, but i know that the game has issues and people talk bad about it, and some are real and valid complaints, so what? that does not lessen my enjoyment

Twinduct

It's all fun and games until someone actually mistakes the ironic glee everyone has for spyhunter as an approval from the vitabros.

You know some smuck is gonna create a thread in a few months ' Games Neogaf hype lied tro you about ' with the opening message being ' The guys in the Vits thread was completely sold on Spyhunter. I was promised riches, instead I got fecal matter ... oh and godhand'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom