• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Pro Enhanced Games Section on PSN Store

ManaByte

Fortnite is interesting. I’d imagine it’ll run the UE5 next gen (the 60fps mode) at 120 on Pro. Outlaws should look great, and Lies of P will be good.
SqEkM8f.jpeg

w6lQcWF.jpeg

T82eGr2.jpeg

27ZqPiV.jpeg

R6Rider

Gold Member
CTRL-F 'Helldivers 2'

Get on that Arrowhead, chop chop. Patch that PS5 quality mode with extra effects into 60fps.

Then I'll bite on the Pro.
Did they ever fix the fucked up pixelated explosion effects? Looked awful and was very distracting.

Quantum253

Gold Member
So if Horizon Zero is going to charge those who purchased 10 bucks for the Pro enhancement, will others follow suite? Or is it for the remaster which has the Pro enhancement there which you'd be buying that version for the Pro enhancements

Shin-Ra

If they can get Krafton to update Callisto Protocol, Square-Enix should be updating FFVIIRm.

As a first party title they should obviously be updating Sackboy and Astro Bot / Astro’s Playroom as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

Elios83

CTRL-F 'Helldivers 2'

Get on that Arrowhead, chop chop. Patch that PS5 quality mode with extra effects into 60fps.

Then I'll bite on the Pro.

It's a partial list. GT7 is not there, same for Rise of the Ronin, the Resident Evil games, Stellar Blade, Metal Gear Solid Delta and others already announced.

I hope they add Pro support to FF16 which is super blurry on PS5 in performance mode just like FF7 Rebirth, also a ray tracing patch for Cyberpunk 2077 would be really cool but probably the team has moved on from that game.
Elden Ring is another old game that could benefit from the Pro treatment by making the quality mode with ray traced shadows running at solid 60fps.
The about to be released Silent Hill 2 could also be a good candidate and also of course Black Myth Wukong.
Going forward pretty much everything should have at least PSRR support.

Last edited:

Xtib81

, also a ray tracing patch for Cyberpunk 2077 would be really cool but probably the team has moved on from that game..
They have just released a patch on PC for FSR 3.1 so there's still hope but I saw the community manager saying on twitter that he wasn't aware of any upcoming ps5 pro patch, sadly.

tommib

PSN failing terribly with tag filters. I want to search for all games with the tag PS5 PRO ENHANCED.

But no.

Kuranghi

Quite interested to see how RE4R VR and RE8 are improved, haven't done RE4 in VR yet and could def be persuaded to do another dozen runs in RE8 ha.

Pro is going to get me to finally jump into PSVR2 fullt, I'm going to order prescription lenses for it this weekend because glasses use is just far too annoying and is 90% of what's put me off getting into it.

I will finish Forbidden West and with the Pro patch, like I did with GoT when the proper PS5 upgrade came.

I'm finally gonna play Hitman 3 now because the VR is a way for me to get around my problems with the presentation that will seemingly never be addressed at this point. I can't wait for that actually, I loved the modern Hitman games, I put 2500 hours into them over the years.

No Death Stranding Pro patch? I'd like to play it at 4K and locked 60fps (problems in boss battles) without having to render it in the ultra wide aspect ratio mode, I don't hate the ratio at all, it was very cool for cutscenes, but more screen real estate is always welcome.

King Dazzar

Thats a great way to view whats Enhanced. There's 36 games and they mention 40 to 50. I'm sure more to come. I really, really hope Cyberpunk sees some love.

There's quite a few games that I avoided due to technical reasons and now may actually buy. Rebirth being the main one. I may also revisit Janky Jedi.

Edit: just thinking there definitely must be more, because RE8 is to get a patch and that isnt on the list...

Last edited:

dmaul1114

I’m a bit behind on gaming lately, which worked out well this time as I have Spider-man 2 and RE4 Remake bought and will now wait to play them on the Pro I preordered today. Also things I haven’t bought yet but want to play that are getting boosts like Alan Wake 2.

XXL

Quite interested to see how RE4R VR and RE8 are improved, haven't done RE4 in VR yet and could def be persuaded to do another dozen runs in RE8 ha.

Pro is going to get me to finally jump into PSVR2 fullt, I'm going to order prescription lenses for it this weekend because glasses use is just far too annoying and is 90% of what's put me off getting into it.

I will finish Forbidden West and with the Pro patch, like I did with GoT when the proper PS5 upgrade came.

I'm finally gonna play Hitman 3 now because the VR is a way for me to get around my problems with the presentation that will seemingly never be addressed at this point. I can't wait for that actually, I loved the modern Hitman games, I put 2500 hours into them over the years.

No Death Stranding Pro patch? I'd like to play it at 4K and locked 60fps (problems in boss battles) without having to render it in the ultra wide aspect ratio mode, I don't hate the ratio at all, it was very cool for cutscenes, but more screen real estate is always welcome.
If the upgrades on PSVR 2 are anything close to the upgrade on flat-screen games. We're in for a fucking treat!

I use my PSVR 2 all the time on my PS5 and PC. It's one of the main reasons I got the PS5 Pro.

I want patches for Synapse and Red Matter 1 and 2..... My god those will look soooooo good. Red Matter 2 already looks amazing as is.

XXL

TBH I dont expect MS to support the Pro Features..
This would mean, the best way to play CoD on Console would be on a PS5 Pro and this IMO goes beyond "feature parity"
I expect them to 100% have Pro Enhanced games.

Playstation (and PC) is where the money is.

I will add this here as well:

Sony confirmed that there is a "system level" boost mode for PS5 and PS4 games

Games don't HAVE to be patched to run better

Unless they are locked to 30, they will all reach 60 fps just by brute force

In a recent interview with IGN, PlayStation Senior Principal Product Manager Toshi Aoki briefly clarified how the PS5 Pro's new boost mode will work. The boost mode will not require developers to release updated patches for their games; PS4 and PS5 titles will just play better on the PS5 Pro right out of the box.

"Even if the game does not support the [enhancements] directly, there is a game boost feature which makes the current PS5 games and PS4 games run at a higher clock rate. So if those games also have dynamic resolution or variable frame rates, those games also will get a boost and run better," Aoki said.

Kuranghi

If the upgrades on PSVR 2 are anything close to the upgrade on flat-screen games. We're in for a fucking treat!

I use my PSVR 2 all the time on my PS5 and PC. It's one of the main reasons I got the PS5 Pro.

I want patches for Synapse and Red Matter 1 and 2..... My god those will look soooooo good. Red Matter 2 already looks amazing as is.

So you'd say the PSVR2 PC adapter is worth getting even with the caveats like no haptic and eye tracking?

I held off cause I havent even jumped in on PS5 games yet lol but I'm dying to play Alyx.

FrankWza

I’m a bit behind on gaming lately, which worked out well this time as I have Spider-man 2 and RE4 Remake bought and will now wait to play them on the Pro I preordered today. Also things I haven’t bought yet but want to play that are getting boosts like Alan Wake 2.
I purposefully waited on some too. just like late PS4 gen games before PS5. It's a better move with so many games to play.

Fifa 25 is interesting, i wonder if it'll have a 120 FPS mode.

Honestly as weird as it could sound, in case it does, if i was Sony i'd advertise it hard, 20-30 MS of input lag on this kind of games are no joke, and i'm sure many people would buy it just for that, there are millions and millions of gamers who spend more time on that game than all the others together.

XXL

It would be cool if we got some info on potential PSVR 2 improvements. Does PSSR even work on PSVR 2? Would they need to do a separate patch?
This is what we know.

PS5 Pro will significantly enhance PSVR 2 games according to Mark Cerny

Chatting to Cnet, the PS5 Pro's lead system architect confirmed that because of the mid-gen console's improved GPU, PSVR 2 games should benefit greatly. Cerny specifically outlines improvements to resolution and the use of "Sony's AI upscaling that will work with all VR games." Presumably, this means that PS5 Pro's bespoke PlayStation Spectral Super Resolution (or PSSR for short) as outlined in the PS5 Pro specs will play a part here.

Cerny didn't mention any specific PSVR 2 games here or during the PS5 Pro Technical Presentation, though it's easy to imagine marquee titles like Horizon: Call of the Mountain, Gran Turismo 7, and Resident Evil 4 VR all benefiting from the upgraded console.

tommib

Excellent game that can use all the help it can get on the graphical front.

I wonder what the enhanced features will be.
If they can bring the Quality mode to stable 60 fps and get rid of the traversal stutters we’re in for a home run.

XXL

So you'd say the PSVR2 PC adapter is worth getting even with the caveats like no haptic and eye tracking?

I held off cause I havent even jumped in on PS5 games yet lol but I'm dying to play Alyx.
Absolutely. The only issue is the Steam VR connectivity with the controllers. It's hit or miss. They have been adding drivers to fix the issue AFAIK.

Alyx is great.

Top Bottom