• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Pro Officially Announced - Releasing Nov 7th - Price: $699.99 €$799.99 ¥119,980

Bry0

yeah $699 with no disc drive is more than I expected. It looks like you still get very good graphical fidelity though, so I don’t think it’s totally outrageous, but it’s steep. I basically only play gt7 on my ps5 so this is an easy skip, but if ps5 was my only system and I had a huge library of games and a nice tv, I’d probably suck it up and buy this still.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
John Travolta Wallet GIF

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Sethbacca

I mean, I get all of the whining, but what did everyone think was going to happen with inflation and shit over the last few years. Comparing a launch today to a launch 8 years ago is fucking retarded on any level.

dottme

I was putting $649 in the prediction thread thinking I’m hitting high but this way I’m ready for a relatively high price. But Sony really beat me hard here.
I’ll see you for the PS6 hoping things get reasonable by then.

thatJohann

Yeah it's pricey for a console but I'm already paying $1,000+ for a new iPhone every year so I'm not as offended. Frankly, I thought this pricing was way overdue given these systems last many years. Def getting it.

If black myth wukong doesn't have a pro mode when the console releases what's the point. Sony better get the 3rd party games with a pro version ready

RaZoR No1

I'll just stick with the standard console this gen. My 5800X3D/3090 PC can be my PS5 Pro
I will probably stick standard /switch to PC too.
Already have a pretty OK PC with 6900XT and 8700k here, but somehow never really made the switch to PC completely ...
this is probably one of the bigger triggers for me
I just need GT7 in PC and it is a 100% done deal

It’s funny, because I see the same exact meltdowns that I saw with the ps4 pro. Yes, it’s expensive, but it’s not a new console, it’s an upgraded version of the existing one, chill tf out. Don’t like the price point or no disc drive, don’t buy it. I don’t plan on it because of those reasons, but I’m not going to have a conniption because of it, I don’t need it 😂

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
The disc drive is $80. Stand will probably be $20-$30.

All told the full package I'd want would be about $850 after taxes.

Preseznik

Neo Member
I think I speak for entire Sweden when I say:
Yeah, perhaps a new graphics card instead.
Yup, not sure if they even know, but they priced themselves out of considertaion in Europe.
People buy consoles because they're cheaper than PCs, this aint it anymore.

They can still win me back if they announce VR upgrades for GT7, but honestly I'll just wait for the inevitable PC port now?

SJRB

Gold Member
Not a single new game revealed to give this reveal some gravitas. What a fucking anticlimax.

800 euros to play fucking Last of Us 2 at 60fps, whoop de doo. And no disc drive so you gotta buy that fucking thing seperately too at some point.

Ridiculous reveal. That was absolutely terrible.

soprano-get-the-fuck-outta-here.gif

Hunnybun

Didn't envisage the price being any kind of problem, but £700 really is taking the piss a bit.

Think I'll wait until I can get one used for a bit less tbh.

FeralEcho

I said Sony would be unhinged without Microsoft in the hardware space and make PS6 700$. i was wrong

Season 8 Wow GIF by The Office

Seems they are so greedy not only did they not wait for MS to be out of the hardware space but also didn't even wait for PS6 to go insane 😂😂😂

Enjoy your unhinged Sony,fanboys!!! Get those wallets ready.

Last edited:
Top Bottom