• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Pro Officially Announced - Releasing Nov 7th - Price: $699.99 €$799.99 ¥119,980

The PS4 Pro (with a disk drive) released at 399€

The PS5 Pro (without a disk drive) will release at 799€

Season 17 What GIF by America's Got Talent's Got Talent
Pro has a 2TB SSD.🤷

[Sigma]

$700, no disc drive too it seems. Nah im good, yall have fun. I still like my PS5 so im not that desperate to upgrade. The only thing that sucks is that I really wanted to experience the raytracing stuff on Gran Turismo 7(which looks great already without it). But I can live without it.

mclaren777

Let's imagine I can sell my launch PS5 (with 1TB SSD add-on) for $300.

Replacing it with a Pro (and disc drive) would cost roughly $800.

So I would be spending $500 for a marginal improvement performance?

GHG

Gold Member
I'm going to tell you why they are screwed with this from my perspective (and why I won't be a buyer at this price):

• As someone who also has a powerful (4090) PC, what games exactly am I upgrading my existing PS5 for? Astrobot?
  • When I look at the games they showed, other than demons souls and GT7, they all already have a PC port (or one scheduled)
  • The stated level of performance doesn't match up with the price going in to 2025.
  • It doesn't even come with a stand, total piss take.
So it's a case of thanks, but no thanks for me.

dog perform GIF

Edellus

Oooof. I want to keep my og PS5, but with the PS5 Pro at that price I might have to consider selling it.

I will wait for some technical previews first though. If they give me crystal clear 4k 60fps FF7 Rebirth, at least, I'm all in. Hopefully they won't forget about FF16.

Data Ghost

I knew there was little chance of me buying this as my XBX and PS5 are already gathering dust since getting a 4090 i9, and yeah, it's still waaaaaay behind a good PC.

Since running all my games in 4K with ultra settings I don't think a 'pro' console will ever do it for me again.

Since when is the USD stronger than the Euro? Also the Japanese price is also a joke. I know that Sony moved their main point of business to America and Europe a long time ago, but no reason to be angry at Japanese players.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
And we're positive there is no disc drive? I mean, the photo tells us there isn't, but at the same time, I don't think Sony would be that crazy.

Day 1 for me for sure, $700 sucks with no disc drive, but it is what it is! I don't understand why so many people are flipping out about the price point when some of the same people are throwing $1500+ at the latest nVidia cards for their PC...you are getting a whole system for $700, a PC with similar specs at that price point would be a steal

Haint

It’s funny, because I see the same exact meltdowns that I saw with the ps4 pro. Yes, it’s expensive, but it’s not a new console, it’s an upgraded version of the existing one, chill tf out. Don’t like the price point or no disc drive, don’t buy it. I don’t plan on it because of those reasons, but I’m not going to have a conniption because of it, I don’t need it 😂

What kind of alternate history Marvel multiverse shit are you smoking bro? PS4 Pro was $399 and offered a quantum graphical leap, literally no one was "melting down", it was a stupidly good value and a great product. Meanwhile PS5 Pro is the worst and lowest value product Playstation has ever released by an incredibly wide margin.

Last edited:
Which moron or group of morons decided to make the pro version of the console ship without a built in disc drive?

It's such a profound misread of the type of consumer they are trying to capture.

This has gone from a "where's the preorder" to a "when there's a significant sale," for me. Hey, Sony, if you're reading this thread, y'all need announce a disc+pro bundle by the end of the day.

phant0m

Day 1 for me for sure, $700 sucks with no disc drive, but it is what it is! I don't understand why so many people are flipping out about the price point when some of the same people are throwing $1500+ at the latest nVidia cards for their PC...you are getting a whole system for $700, a PC with similar specs at that price point would be a steal
I’d rather have 2tb ssd than a disc drive at the same price point.

But I have an OG PS5 DE so probably in the minority….

midnightAI

Hahahahaha Sony is fucking y'all in the ASS with this 😂😂😂 Arrogant Sony is back baby!

Minimal upgrade for 800€, no disc drive so goodbye to selling your games, only monopoly is the PS store.

Jokesters over at Sony
Are we forced to get rid of the PS5 and buy the PS5 Pro? use your brain, its a Pro version of the console, like there are Pro versions of some phones (with practically no difference other than screen size at $100's dollars more, its your choice to buy the standard version or the pro)

ByWatterson

Tell me you're kidding. Everyone knows the price is really $4.99 if you trade in your existing PS5 for $350, and then borrow $345 from your parents. $4.99. It's a bargain.

I mean I don't wanna be a jerk but...$350 after trade-in just isn't that much, guys.

If you were expecting to pay $250 after trade-in, sure that's a difference of $100, but...I dunno. That difference is a few times not eating out.

Top Bottom