• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Pro Officially Announced - Releasing Nov 7th - Price: $699.99 €$799.99 ¥119,980

ReyBrujo

Gold Member
Sony making margin on this….
Think Tim Robinson GIF by NETFLIX

Well this is what happens when u have no competition. ms must be thinking, we fucked up again, could have got a pro console out for $599 and lite version for $450. Someone please fire Phil, he has no clue.

Elios83

The upgrades are what I wanted to see, ray tracing where it wasn't possible before, 60fps with big image quality improvements.
Price is really high, it's cheap gaming PC category, the era of powerful low priced consoles seems to be over.
But I'll get it as a christmas gift.

clarky

Gold Member
Not a single new game revealed to give this reveal some gravitas. What a fucking anticlimax.

800 euros to play fucking Last of Us 2 at 60fps, whoop de doo. And no disc drive so you gotta buy that fucking thing seperately too at some point.

Ridiculous reveal. That was absolutely terrible.

soprano-get-the-fuck-outta-here.gif
Can't believe they tried to sell this thing with Last of us 2.

This is the biggest wet fart for a while.

Looks awesome, but I can live without it. Don't think I'll participate in any midgen upgrades. Plus my TV isn't the best for it anyway.
I'll probably just wait and get a new TV when I buy the PS6.

peish

Consoles will never be $399 again. It’s too expensive producing these advanced chips. I think cerny is taking a small loss on ps5 pro

I will probably stick standard /switch to PC too.
Already have a pretty OK PC with 6900XT and 8700k here, but somehow never really made the switch to PC completely ...
this is probably one of the bigger triggers for me
I just need GT7 in PC and it is a 100% done deal

To be honest I mainly play PC these days. Most times the PS5 just gathers dust as I find it disappointing, there's not much in the way of killer apps for it and stuff comes to PC anyway now. A weekly bash of GT7 is about the extent of its use and I'm really only keeping it around for Death stranding 2

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
No new games announced to go along with it?

Not even Bloodborne Remastered? why people even bother to upgrade if there's no new software to sell it with
There are already a few games that would benefit from a console upgrade, like Wukong or Space Marine 2.

But man, 800€? They went nuts.

DanielG165

I’m… Whelmed? Obviously it’ll be an upgrade from the standard console, but PC has spoiled me to having my cake and eating it too I guess lol. Still, for people who want more out of their PlayStation, this is the system for them.

As expected, like with the old Pro consoles last gen, most the upgrades are in the GPU, so genuine current gen games that run at 30fps now, will likely still run at 30fps on the PS5 Pro, with simply higher fidelity and resolution. Space Marine 2, for example, won’t run any higher in Quality mode, though performance mode may hopefully be more stable for PS players. GTA6, unless it has two different modes, expect it to run at 30fps on the Pro as well.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
The PS5 Pro is priced out of relevance for most people. Even if it isn't for me its a $800 PS4 game upconverter LMAO

Doczu

Almost 900 EUR with a seperate drive and ~950 if you want to buy a second controller.

No fucking thanks. I know this is a Pro console, but this thing will cost so much in my currency it's a hard pass for me. Gonna skip this generation then.

mdkirby

It’s not that pricy 🤣
I guess for young people it is, always assumed the demographic here tho trended older…and prob working in tech, so it’s only a few days work tops. In terms of how much use a PlayStation gets it’s a bargain, even when comparing against other “I use it all the time” items like TVs, sofas, beds…a semi decent mattress is prob the only other thing that is price and constant daily use comparative.

Top Bottom