• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Pro Officially Announced - Releasing Nov 7th - Price: $699.99 €$799.99 ¥119,980

The Fartist

Gold Member
$700 dalla ain't SHIT to Chad Warden!

RL8Q65y.gif

Tqaulity

Guys, the price sucks (especially without a HDD) but it is INEVIBTABLE). Inflation and economics win here and we lose. With base PS5 prices going up (~$550) and the 2TB Xbox Series X being $599, an actual higher spec console would have to be at least $699. At least they included a larger HDD size at 2TB. So $100 premium over the Xbox Series X 2TB version.

Sony is not out of their mind, it's an unfortunate reality of the world we live in today. Same reason why base console prices are going up and same reason why there are non flagship GPUs costing over $1000!! And the next generation of GPUs won't be any cheaper.

And guess what: all of ya'll will still be there Day 1 and the Pro will be sold out thru next year :messenger_beaming:

Last edited:
Well, it’s way too expensive, it seemingly has no flagship titles to get people to want to buy into it, so I’m thinking this won’t do very well, at least initially.
They’re going to use the entirety of 2025 with trailers and releases to entice all of you. I can already predict the plan.

MMaRsu

It's time for all you "boomers" to move on with the times and stop complaining about a "disk drive" ... we got rid of those decades ago in the PC world and it's perfectly fine.
Yes because on PC your not beholden to the online store of the platform holder you smoothbrained one

They don’t even need to reduce storage a 2tb ssd is $120 and that’s retail not the price Sony gets it for. Same with a disc drive
Most that would be this already have extra storage. I certainly don't need 4tb of ssd space. Even a $650 price point with 1tb would look better? Idk

DeepSpace5D

$100 more than I would have guessed at $699, but I guess it makes sense with 2tb of storage. I’m on the fence at the moment at that price as someone who is still mostly satisfied with the performance of their PS5.

I’m going to monitor the situation for now and observe performance benchmarks for games running on the Pro.

welshrat

It's time for all you "boomers" to move on with the times and stop complaining about a "disk drive" ... we got rid of those decades ago in the PC world and it's perfectly fine.
yeah its not ok though for games at £55 minimum that you want to play and then get rid of. I will buy games play through and recoup £30. for mid tier games that's good value. Besides I want play blurays as well.

Last edited:
Just a reminder, Sony wants you to pay over $800 to play ?????? games at 4k@60fps.

PS5 Pro - $699.99
PS5 Disc Drive - $79.99 (sold separately)
PS5 Vertical Stand - $29.99 (sold separately)

They also want you to buy these accessories:

DualSense - $74.99 (post $5 price increase)
DualSense Edge - $199.99
DualSense Edge Stick Modules - $19.99 (for the inevitable drift you'll experience!)
Playstation Portal - $199.99
Pulse 3D Wireless - $99.99
Pulse Elite (cans) - $149.99
Pulse Explore (buds) - $199.99
PS5 Slim Console Cover - $59.99 (not compatible with PS5 OG or PS5 Pro)

Oh yeah and I forgot, though I guess forgetting PSVR2 is very on brand for Sony too:

PSVR2 - $549.99
PSVR2 PC Adapter - $59.99

The Last Of Us Laughing GIF by PlayStation

Arrogant Sony back in full effect!

Preseznik

Neo Member
That's got to be a typo. Because if this is true, it's even worse...they clearly discriminating their european consumers by more than 100 dollars. Their biggest market share wise.
No typo, ~€900 if you want PS5 Pro + disc addon.
I want to see the parents who'll buy little Timmy (pardon, little Timothée) this for Christmas in the EU.

I'm stupid enough to buy this if either COD or GT7 in VR turns out to get upgrades, unfortunately.

We are the target market for this thing, but is Demon's Souls running at 4K60 worth $700?

Easy to wait for the PS5 Pro / GTA VI bundle in Q1 2026.

DLSS improves drastically with every new version, I'm sure PSSR will be vastly improved by then as well.

MMaRsu

Are we forced to get rid of the PS5 and buy the PS5 Pro? use your brain, its a Pro version of the console, like there are Pro versions of some phones (with practically no difference other than screen size at $100's dollars more, its your choice to buy the standard version or the pro)
Just because its your choice doesnt make the product less retarded

Xtib81

I'll wait to see what the pro can offer but it may entice me to move to PC. I thought the pro model was supposed to keep players in the PS ecosystem but wth that price tag, it might have the opposite effect lol.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Just a reminder, Sony wants you to pay over $800 to play ?????? games at 4k@60fps.

PS5 Pro - $699.99
PS5 Disc Drive - $79.99 (sold separately)
PS5 Vertical Stand - $29.99 (sold separately)

They also want you to buy these accessories:

DualSense - $74.99 (post $5 price increase)
DualSense Edge - $199.99
DualSense Edge Stick Modules - $19.99 (for the inevitable drift you'll experience!)
Playstation Portal - $199.99
Pulse 3D Wireless - $99.99
Pulse Elite (cans) - $149.99
Pulse Explore (buds) - $199.99
PS5 Slim Console Cover - $59.99 (not compatible with PS5 OG or PS5 Pro)

Oh yeah and I forgot, though I guess forgetting PSVR2 is very on brand for Sony too:

PSVR2 - $549.99
PSVR2 PC Adapter - $59.99

The Last Of Us Laughing GIF by PlayStation

Arrogant Sony back in full effect!
I am part of the problem but I am buying 2 if stock allows it

Tim And Eric Idk GIF

phant0m

Guys, the price sucks (especially without a HDD) but it is INEVIBTABLE). Inflation and economics win here and we lose. With base PS5 prices going up (~$550) and the 2TB Xbox Series X being $599, an actual higher spec console would have to be at least $699. At least they included a larger HDD size at 2TB. So $100 premium over the Xbox Series X 2TB version.

Sony is not out of their mind, it's an unfortunate reality of the world we live in today. Same reason why base console prices are going up and same reason why there are non flagship GPUs costing over $1000!! And the next generation of GPUs won't be any cheaper.

And guess what: all of ya'll will still be there Day 1 and the Pro will be sold out thru next year :messenger_beaming:
Get out of here with your understanding of pricing & economics! Engage your GAMER RAGE!!!

Top Bottom