• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Pro Officially Announced - Releasing Nov 7th - Price: $699.99 €$799.99 ¥119,980

They're also the same people who have no money, and therefore, their opinions don't matter.

Lol just say you're broke.
There’s a huge difference between “being broke” and not being able to justify a $700 mid-gen refresh console. A console that will be replaced in… 3 years, most likely? And this gen hasn’t exactly been great for brand new games, as it is.

Last edited:
I'm okay with the pricing, but I usually buy everything high end when it comes to my hobbies. Plus, with some sort of trade in either be 300-350$ it's a good deal.

All I care is performance so for me it's a no brainer.

Kumomeme

thats Tflops..

Animated GIF

Needlecrash

I'm going to tell you why they are screwed with this from my perspective (and why I won't be a buyer at this price):

• As someone who also has a powerful (4090) PC, what games exactly am I upgrading my existing PS5 for? Astrobot?
  • When I look at the games they showed, other than demons souls and GT7, they all already have a PC port (or one scheduled)
  • The stated level of performance doesn't match up with the price going in to 2025.
  • It doesn't even come with a stand, total piss take.
So it's a case of thanks, but no thanks for me.

dog perform GIF
Exactly. I also have a 4090 in my rig. Most of what was shown were PS exclusive titles (nearly all are on PC minus Astro Bot and The Last of Us 2).

Reactions: GHG

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
And we're positive there is no disc drive? I mean, the photo tells us there isn't, but at the same time, I don't think Sony would be that crazy.

Stated so in the article

PS5 Pro is available as a disc-less console, with the option to purchase the currently available Disc Drive for PS5 separately.

An AI-assisted upscaling mode, called PlayStation Spectral Super Resolution, works across the whole game library without any needed patch, adding in details to upscale to 4K. I didn't see this demonstrated, but the feature should help enhance older games if you have a 4K TV. It'll also work on PSVR 2 games in the future, too, Cerny said.

tmlDan

im 100% buying it, but i do think its VERY expensive. Thought i could preorder today, guess i gotta wait.

Hahahahaha Sony is fucking y'all in the ASS with this 😂😂😂 Arrogant Sony is back baby!

Minimal upgrade for 800€, no disc drive so goodbye to selling your games, only monopoly is the PS store.

Jokesters over at Sony
Sony Gaffers now Sony GAPErs.

Last edited:

Xyphie

I feel like the pricing has been on the wall ever since that FTC Xbox 2024 leak last year. MS is subject to the same component costs as Sony and if they are doing the same pricing Sony sure has hell wasn't going to do any less with the PS5 or Pro.

Last edited:

Nicktendo86

Well I for one hope this sells gangbusters with loads of people trading in their old ps5s leaving plenty of cheaper older models so I might finally get one. Can’t really see that happening though.

They basically said it during the show. This is for the PS diehards. The ride-or-dies for life. $700 for the new PS upgrade to ride out the last few years of the PS5 cycle, without caring about having something new to play. There’s a market for that. 🤷‍♂️

How large? Well, we’ll see

Last edited:
Top Bottom