• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Pro Officially Announced - Releasing Nov 7th - Price: $699.99 €$799.99 ¥119,980

Just €999.99 for everything. 🌈

tenor.gif

stn

Haven't been able to watch the video yet, but in case anyone knows:

1. Is there an all-black color version?
2. The disc drive attachment - does it attach into the console or on the side?

SenkiDala

I sadly thinking about getting a slim...

I watched the video on my LGC1 65", I didn't see a big different (outside from the framerate comparison obviously) between PS5 and Pro... 920€ with disc is insane, the slim with disc is often on sale at 460€ here... so 920 is more than double... :(

Never thought I'd pass on this one but 920... Nah. Last time I passed on a console on day one, since the Dreamcast, is the PS5 for the 599€.

Kacho

Gold Member
Write a little complaint to Sony Corp. they might listen and put that precious disk drive back in there for you
Yep. They have data to back up their decision. Most people are digital-only in 2024. They know they're milking their hardcores with this meager upgrade. Might as well maximize profits by forcing the ride or die physical bros to purchase the add-on.

Nankatsu

I'll just wait for them to bundle the Disk tray on a bundle and make it cheaper.

Early adopters, do your thing please :messenger_tears_of_joy:

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Yeah £700 is outa my impulse buy range, £499 and I could've justified it to myself but after splashing over £600 for the PSVR2 and games and seeing Sony's support for it wane, I think I'll hold off and wait for the PS6

Lokaum D+

lol, i m crying at the probably Brazilian price of U$ 1500 ( over R$ 8k ) minimum over here, it ll be cheaper to build a PC than buying this console.

Last edited:

StereoVsn

They basically said it during the show. This is for the PS diehards. The ride-or-dies for life. $700 for the new PS upgrade to ride out the last few years of the PS5 cycle, without caring about having something new to play. There’s a market for that. 🤷‍♂️

How large? Well, we’ll see
Except it’s not $700 as Sony is too cheap to include a disk drive. So it’s basically $800.

CobraAB

Just a reminder, Sony wants you to pay over $800 to play ?????? games at 4k@60fps.

PS5 Pro - $699.99
PS5 Disc Drive - $79.99 (sold separately)
PS5 Vertical Stand - $29.99 (sold separately)

They also want you to buy these accessories:

DualSense - $74.99 (post $5 price increase)
DualSense Edge - $199.99
DualSense Edge Stick Modules - $19.99 (for the inevitable drift you'll experience!)
Playstation Portal - $199.99
Pulse 3D Wireless - $99.99
Pulse Elite (cans) - $149.99
Pulse Explore (buds) - $199.99
PS5 Slim Console Cover - $59.99 (not compatible with PS5 OG or PS5 Pro)

Oh yeah and I forgot, though I guess forgetting PSVR2 is very on brand for Sony too:

PSVR2 - $549.99
PSVR2 PC Adapter - $59.99

The Last Of Us Laughing GIF by PlayStation

Arrogant Sony back in full effect!
No one is forcing a gun to your head.

Vote with your wallet.

Preseznik

Neo Member
I will probably stick standard /switch to PC too.
Already have a pretty OK PC with 6900XT and 8700k here, but somehow never really made the switch to PC completely ...
this is probably one of the bigger triggers for me
I just need GT7 in PC and it is a 100% done deal
Right, the only thing holding me back is GT7 in VR.
I was sure they'd either port GT7 to PC when they released PSVR2 adapter, or announce VR upgrades for PS5 Pro.

Now it's neither.

phant0m

They're not willing to lose a single penny for each sale, are they?
600 would've been perfect, 700 with a disc drive would've been understandable but 700 digital only.... man, it's like they don't want people to get it.
I’d rather have 2tb than a disc drive.

y’all are saying this is a test for pricing next-gen at 700+…..maybe, but the REAL test is killing discs. PS6 I will either be add-on drive only or no discs at all.

ByWatterson

That's got to be a typo. Because if this is true, it's even worse...they clearly discriminating their european consumers by more than 100 dollars. Their biggest market share wise.

VAT taxes what are they

I think for many the price is compounded by the lack of new software.

Sure, but I assume the benefits for all future titles will be manifest very, very soon.

That would mean dropping the PS5 Standard price. No way they do that with the current rate of sales. My prediction is $699 since this is aimed at a niche market that will gladly pay the price.

I win.

Last edited:

begotten

Clearly the Xbox Series X Galaxy that comes out a few weeks before the PS5 Pro at $599USD is the better option.

dottme

And for people talking about inflation, you know electronics depreciate fast. Even with inflation, a 4 years old chip should be way cheaper to produce.
So the PS5 holding its price is an anomaly already

Last edited:
Top Bottom