• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Pro Officially Announced - Releasing Nov 7th - Price: $699.99 €$799.99 ¥119,980

Mr.Phoenix

This is at least $150 than I expected it to be. I am getting it though. The good thing is that it means the base PS5 price doesn't plummet. I should be able to get $400 for my PS5Slim+ DD. Then add $300 on for the PS5pro.

People complaining about the pre... hat you guys are missing is that this is what the PS6 would cost. At least.

$800 with disc is simply not worth it for a console.

Get a used PS5 for GTA6 if you guys are that desparate to play it before the PC version which will launch in 2028 March.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I missed the 2tb bit, anyone have link or confirmation officially?

It's in the blog post in the OP.

. It will include a 2TB SSD, a DualSense wireless controller and a copy of Astro’s Playroom pre-installed in every PS5 Pro purchase. PS5 Pro is available as a disc-less console, with the option to purchase the currently available Disc Drive for PS5 separately.

Last edited:

vpance

KlknPF6.jpeg

Granted the Pro comes with a 2TB SSD…given that fact though - this thing should have cost no more than $549

Inflation is one factor but chip prices also appreciated a lot due to demand.

It’s better than the base ps5, that’s probably another $$$

Plus extra 1TB and better battery on dual sense
Your logic is ridiculous

The PS4 Pro was “better” than the base PS4

They both launched at the same price.

Your inflation excuse doesn’t make up the difference here, no matter how much you try to justify it.

SkylineRKR

And for people talking about inflation, you know electronics depreciate fast. Even with inflation, a 4 years old chip should be way cheaper to produce.
So the PS5 holding its price is an anomaly already

Yeah but this is the problem. It doesn't.

TheDarkPhantom

Gold Member
¥120,000 is insane, literally double the price I paid for my launch PS5 here. Anyway, day 1! And anyone thinking PlayStation 1st party isn't cooking up some wild shit that will take full advantage of the Pro is dumb as a sack of rocks, you just wait and see 😂

Yeah, the GPU he bought 4 years ago, soon to be 3 generations old, that will still outperform the PS5 Pro. All wthout having to pay Sony a $150 a year toll for online play, or overpriced accessories. Boy you really made him look stupid.

If only a GPU was all he needed to get a game to run....🤔

Little Mac

Gold Member
Watch Nintendo announce the $399 Switch 2 alongside a handful of sick games …

Damn it Sony. Why not show some new games utilizing the power of the Pro so the price tag shock isn’t such a kick in the balls.

Last edited:

GoldenEye98

posts news as their odd job
Including 2TB but not including disc drive feels very intentional.

Cleverly nudges money away from spending on future 3rd party storage upgrade by forcing you to pay Sony for an extra 1TB upfront and then the "choice" becomes adding Sony's disc drive accessory(of which there is no 3rd party market) lol

Last edited:
Your logic is ridiculous

The PS4 Pro was “better” than the base PS4

They both launched at the same price.

Your inflation excuse doesn’t make up the difference here, no matter how much you try to justify it.

Different environment, chip inflation due to AI boom is real

You can ignore it all you want but it doesnt change reality

Sony has been unable to price drop the base ps5 and the digital got a price hike

Last edited:

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
KlknPF6.jpeg

Granted the Pro comes with a 2TB SSD…given that fact though - this thing should have cost no more than $549

exactly, with this logic iPhone should cost $2000 this year lmao
Chips gets cheaper to produce, its similar design so manufacturing also gets cheaper over time. to people who are defending big corporations, just stop with this nonsense inflation talk

Last edited:
$699. No disc drive. Vertical stand separate.

They're not even bothering with condoms or lube for Europe. €799??

And of course, the 4 year old PS5 will stay at current pricing.

The Xbox is applying no pressure to Sony whatsoever, so this is part economic reality and part lack of real competition in the higher end console market.

I've stirred clear of saying this for the most part, but this gen fucking sucks.

Last edited:
I'd be interested if there were some VR improvements but they didn't mention VR at all. As if we needed any more confirmation that Sony has given up on PSVR2. The PC adapter was already confirmation but surely this new hardware can offer something for their VR platform.... guess not!

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Good lord. What a fumble.

What kind of alternate history Marvel multiverse shit are you smoking bro? PS4 Pro was $399 and offered a quantum graphical leap, literally no one was "melting down", it was a stupidly good value and a great product. Meanwhile PS5 Pro is the worst and lowest value product Playstation has ever released by an incredibly wide margin.
You might want to do some research my guy. People were absolutely up in arms after the ps4 pro announcement.

Thabass

I am so happy I couldn't give a shit less about this at launch. I think the price point is fine, makes sense with the 2TB SSD and the GPU upgrades, but I'm not going to get it at launch when I have a perfectly good PC and plenty of their games being ported over there. There's no point in me even bothering with it until at least GTAVI comes out.

Damn, I was enthusiastic but no disc drive @ 699? The only hope is that they will announce compatibility with the detachable drive that works with the slim. I can't even sell my PS5 to get this as I won't be able to play any of my physical games. Wtf?

At this point, if we are truly all digital then I'm just gonna build a PC.

Edited: The disc drive can be purchased separately. All is well apart from the ridiculous price.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Thanks mate.

My concern with this pricing. Is if it means it flops, which I expect it to. Then what is patch support going to be like beyond first party titles. Yeah, not great, Sony.

It's probably not gonna flop, but like the PS4 Pro, it's probably only gonna be 10~15% of total PS5 sales by the end of the generation.

Did they confirm what specs the SSD will have?

The CNET video guy says SSD is the same speed, just higher capacity.

Preseznik

Neo Member
I'd be interested if there were some VR improvements but they didn't mention VR at all. As if we needed any more confirmation that Sony has given up on PSVR2. The PC adapter was already confirmation but surely this new hardware can offer something for their VR platform.... guess not!
That was my main interest due to exclusively playing GT7 in VR on my PS5.
Without anything on that front I have literally zero interest in this, regardless of price. PS5 has nothing else to offer me, personally.

Top Bottom