• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSVR 2 Reportedly sold more in one day at $350 than all year at $550

hemo memo

Gold Member
so in yer early 30's ;-P
Sad Oh No GIF by BrownSugarApp

keefged4

Most of which unless they have a PC, will finish the 3 games worth playing on PS5 then return it within 30 days to get their money back

Which of course I didn't do. Honestly.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
The combo of cutting the price by $200 and pcvr support coming next week has made me go from "this is dead in the water" to "hmmmm im now interested"

Picked up the horizon bundle, G923 with the stick shifter, charging set, and no man's sky today. Will get the pc adaptor next week when it releases.

Let us know how you like it after you get your PC adaptor.

night13x

Let us know how you like it after you get your PC adaptor.
Will do! My adaptor doesnt arrive until Friday...and to be honest my PSVR2 is still sitting in my living room sealed and unboxed (talk about edging myself). I plan on checking everything out this weekend. To be fair and transparent. The only other VR experience I had was PSVR1 back in the day which wasnt very good. Never tried the quest 3 so my opinion might be a bit biased as I wont have anything to compare the PSVR2 to. I am super excited though!

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Will do! My adaptor doesnt arrive until Friday...and to be honest my PSVR2 is still sitting in my living room sealed and unboxed (talk about edging myself). I plan on checking everything out this weekend. To be fair and transparent. The only other VR experience I had was PSVR1 back in the day which wasnt very good. Never tried the quest 3 so my opinion might be a bit biased as I wont have anything to compare the PSVR2 to. I am super excited though!

I think your experience or lack there of with VR is the best opinion for some of us on GAF to hear.

Wonko_C

I just see no point in it. I think Sony should have learnt from the first one. It's too niche and Sony don't have or wont support it enough to make it a hot item. 5 million of the first unit should have been the writing on the wall. Sony are struggling to make games for PS5 never mind PSVR2 as well. Just dilutes resources and wastes developer time.
Still, that 5 million is 2 million more than SteamVR's userbase (estimated to be 3 million users). By that metric Sony considered it a moderate success, but the market shifted to standalone and Sony didn't react accordingly.

Romulus

I'll reiterate my thoughts on GT7 VR. If you have any desire to want to feel like a kid again and you have fond memories of simcade racers of the past. You absolutely have to play it. Especially for people who don't have much experience with VR.

Bry0

I'll reiterate my thoughts on GT7 VR. If you have any desire to want to feel like a kid again and you have fond memories of simcade racers of the past. You absolutely have to play it. Especially for people who don't have much experience with VR.
I’m well versed in VR racing sims but GT7 is still my absolute favorite. The car detail, tracks, and being able to literally be inside of hundreds of different cars I customized to my liking is just brilliant. Excellent weather effects, time of day options, the garages, an extensive “campaign”. It’s got it all. I went all out with a seat and Logitech pro wheel, it really feels like I’m somewhere else entirely once I get in the track.

Last edited:

Romulus

I’m well versed in VR racing sims but GT7 is still my absolute favorite. The car detail, tracks, and being able to literally be inside of hundreds of different cars I customized to my liking is just brilliant. Excellent weather effects, time of day options, the garages, an extensive “campaign”. It’s got it all. I went all out with a seat and Logitech pro wheel, it really feels like I’m somewhere else entirely once I get in the track.

Agreed. I have a friend who was all into the GT games in the early 2000s and I let him tried it months ago and he was absolutely floored. I let him play the non VR version beforehand and he shrugged. "It's a prettier version of the old games," he said. lol. But when he put on the VR helmet he was transported into a new reality. He had a Gear VR years ago, but that was his only experience.

Top Bottom