• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puppeteer |OT| $40, No Strings Attached

I was under the impression that the game is released on 11/09 so i assume you have to add an extra 24 hours to your estimation? Maybe midnight 11/09?

Hmm maybe. But it is strange since the pre-order timer says less than one day and the basic store update 11/9 is like 40 hours from now.

edit: webstore says 10/9 so maybe digital preorder gets it a day early?

Oh well at least the absolute latest date is the weekly store update wednesday.

wouwie

Hmm maybe. But it is strange since the pre-order timer says less than one day and the basic store update 11/9 is like 40 hours from now.

edit: webstore says 10/9 so maybe digital preorder gets it a day early?

Oh well at least the absolute latest date is the weekly store update wednesday.

Just had a look. The pre-installed game has a start date of 11/09 1:00 on my ps3.

Carl

Unlocks for the UK on Friday but presumably will unlock for Europe tonight seeing as it releases tomorrow...

Jigolo

So I pre ordered the game last week for Day 1 digital on PSN. I've never done this before so how will I get the game?

Will PS+ automatically DL it when it auto updates? (I set mine from 4 - 6 AM)

Do I have to manually DL the game by entering the PSN store?

Does it launch at midnight or when the store updates tomorrow?

TentPole

So I pre ordered the game last week for Day 1 digital on PSN. I've never done this before so how will I get the game?

Will PS+ automatically DL it when it auto updates? (I set mine from 4 - 6 AM)

Do I have to manually DL the game by entering the PSN store?

Does it launch at midnight or when the store updates tomorrow?

I was pretty sure that the Day 1 Digital offers would be available at midnight but apparently I was wrong.

I spoke with Gavin Moore on the RedSunGamer podcast for about 1 Hour and 30 minutes.

The interview/chat starts at the 3 hour 30 minute mark.

Time Stamps
——————–
00:04:59 FFXIV
00:53:29 Killer is Dead
01:07:37 JoJo
01:16:55 Dragons Crown
01:28:34 Ace Attorney 5
01:39:52 Wonderful 101
01:53:55 Killzone Vita
02:00:39 Puppeteer
02:37:43 Are you HYPE’d?
02:53:31 Tweets
03:25:09 Wrap up
03:30:10 Gavin Moore – Puppeteer
——————————
Run Time 05:05:30

Direct down here

You can also download the podcast via itunes.

Andrew.

Banned
All set to pick this up today on my break! Pretty psyched! I need a nice, good looking yet not overly difficult platformer to get me over the wait for GTAV.

Its sad to see that hype is so low for this game.

I really hate to say it, but I've got the game pre-ordered and it's being delivered to my desk in a couple hours, and I'm not even that hyped for the game at this point. :/

I'm in LOVE with the look and setting for the game. I'm just fearing the worst in regards to the easy platforming, overly talkative "friend characters", and having to use the right stick to move your friend character to find things in the environment. Basically all the Japanese influences. lol

But I've had it pre-ordered for a while now, it's only $40, and I feel like still giving it a shot. So I'm hoping for the best.

Was it at the top of your queue?? I signed up for a gamefly trial Sunday and the game shipped out to me yesterday. I might get it today.

Yeah. Not really sure what the deal is, this has happened to me once before though. If I wasn't so damn busy at work this week I'd probably have more energy to be irritated about it :p

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I had never heard of Puppeteer and was randomly on Gametrailers today and watched the review...

HOLY SHIT. This game looks incredible! It has one of the most unique visual looks I've ever seen in a game, and the gameplay looks fun as hell. If I wasn't currently waist deep in Diablo 3 I would have picked this up without a second thought.

Definitely going to be playing through this game at some point before the year is over.

Pleasantly surprised to see the actual game doesn't have that obnoxious Move logo shown on every pic of the box art online. Must be a new policy thing for Sony.

On the back of the box it does have a simple line mentioning the Move compatibility though.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I have never seen a young'n so captivated as my nephew was watching me play this.

It really needs to be pushed as a game for kids to watch because it's probably the most entertaining platformer to watch(in terms of narrative, story, characters, etc) ever.

Mesoian

I have never seen a young'n so captivated as my nephew was watching me play this.

It really needs to be pushed as a game for kids to watch because it's probably the most entertaining platformer to watch(in terms of narrative, story, characters, etc) ever.

But how is it to play? I just finished the GiantBomb QL and, while the game seemed to be a festival for the senses, it looked like a Clockwork Knight level of easy. May not be the game for me after all.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
But how is it to play? I just finished the GiantBomb QL and, while the game seemed to be a festival for the senses, it looked like a Clockwork Knight level of easy. May not be the game for me after all.

It's more fun to control than Little Big Planet but not as challenging as Donkey Kong.

So far, it feels about Rayman Origins levels of difficult, aside from the chase levels in Rayman, I never found that game very difficult.

VanWinkle

Just completed the first two curtains. This game is so awesome. Feels great to control, incredible visuals, and inventive scissor mechanics. Really happy so far.

chifanpoe

My 7 and 3 yo girls are both in love with the game. They love the hamburger head.

Andrew.

Banned
Well if this is any indication of possible sales, I just got back from my local PoopStop where they only had ONE copy for sale with zero preorders. That's right, only one copy came in and it was the one that was already opened, on the shelf and then had that shitty circular sticker stuck on the sides where you're supposed to open it.

And I was the lucky bastard to have picked it up.

Well if this is any indication of possible sales, I just got back from my local PoopStop where they only had ONE copy for sale with zero preorders. That's right, only one copy came in and it was the one that was already opened, on the shelf and then had that shitty circular sticker stuck on the sides where you're supposed to open it.

And I was the lucky bastard to have picked it up.

This is pretty much the same deal for my local Gamestop for any game that isn't a mainstream AAA title.

Andrew.

Banned
This is pretty much the same deal for my local Gamestop for any game that isn't a mainstream AAA title.

Well Im glad I secured a copy. Ive never had the experience of being the only person to pick up the only copy of one game that is only on PS3.

Feels good.

And Ill beg to differ about the non AAA thing, because when I picked up Killer is Dead a couple weeks ago they got about four copies in and NO ONE is buying that shit.

HT UK

It's a shame this is out so close to GTA, Rayman Legends & Killzone Mercenary. Otherwise I'd have picked it up.

Andrew.

Banned
Went home, popped it in, watched the intro and was immediately reminded of freakish Muppet creatures from the 80s that used to scare the shit out of me as a child.

Yeah, Ill probably have some crazy wack ass dreams this week for sure.

Santar

Any word on if this has selectable Japanese audio?
Really enjoyed the Japanese voiceovers from the demo a while back.

Shinjiru

I loved the demo and I'm excited about playing this game. However, I chose Kingdom Hearts HD over it this week because I didn't want to miss out on the artbook. Looking forward to playing it in a couple of weeks, though.

Really annoys me that the game is on my hard drive and I can't play it due to the lock. I really can't see any reason for doing this to people who bought it digitally. It's out in the US, out tomorrow in the EU and yet we have to wait until Friday because reasons.

Sucks.

Five

Banned
Grrr. I don't get home from work for six hours, and this is sitting in my mailbox. Planning to play it into the wee hours.

Really annoys me that the game is on my hard drive and I can't play it due to the lock. I really can't see any reason for doing this to people who bought it digitally. It's out in the US, out tomorrow in the EU and yet we have to wait until Friday because reasons.

Sucks.

Huh? UK version unlock friday?

Top Bottom