• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puppeteer |OT| $40, No Strings Attached

Why would they do that? EU version unlocks in a few hours. :p

Cruel and unusual punishment is why. Or because they don't want to break their own street date, which is bizarre as I doubt it really matters with a game like this...

And to be clear, I hate every single person who is already playing this or will be playing it in a few hours. YOU ALL SUCK! Honestly, it wouldn't be so bad waiting if I had KZ: Mercs to keep me busy, but goddamn Flubit have screwed me over big time...fuckers.

Been playing for the past few hours, this game is fucking beautiful. Platforming isn't that hard but damn it's so charming I don't even mind

Stoof

Is the US version still locked? Just went on the store and it only takes me to the pre-order backround bonus thing. :(

Got my copy, now I just need to get my PS3 back to play it on:

BT01ah9CYAAWgB6.jpg

anddo0

Waiting for the store to update. I saw the game at GS while picking up Killzone... Too bad I pre-ordered on PSN.

I'm not taking the same risk with GTA5. We don't even know what they're doing with the NA release.

Kind of disappointed in the gameplay. I didn't know it was set up like this. It makes sense but its not the type of platforming I was expecting.

I was hoping for Rayman Legends/DKC Returns type of progression but its more like a theatre presentation.

The game is beautiful, imaginative, and charming but as a platformer, it's a mixed bag. Too simple so far.

I still like it and I bought worse games for $40, but I can't help but to feel slightly letdown.

VanWinkle

Kind of disappointed in the gameplay. I didn't know it was set up like this. It makes sense but its not the type of platforming I was expecting.

I was hoping for Rayman Legends/DKC Returns type of progression but its more like a theatre presentation.

The game is beautiful, imaginative, and charming but as a platformer, it's a mixed bag. Too simple so far.

I still like it and I bought worse games for $40, but I can't help but to feel slightly letdown.

How far in are you?

zroid

Banned
tracking says game is delivered. I have to step out for an errand so I'll pick it up from the mailbox soon! AHHHH can't wait :O

VanWinkle

Are you able to return to previous levels yet?

Reading Joystiqs review got me excited. Being able to go back to levels using heads and powers that werent initially and immediatley available and unlocking other areas.

Yeah, you can replay previous levels ("curtains") as soon as you beat the first one.

Are you able to return to previous levels yet?

Reading Joystiqs review got me excited. Being able to go back to levels using heads and powers that werent initially and immediatley available and unlocking other areas.
I hope it does get better.

I still like the game but I just had different expectations. If I enjoy it for what it is, I know I'll like it more.

Already have Rayman Legends and so when it comes to platforming, I'm satisfied.

VanWinkle

Hows it work? Is there a level select screen or something?

Yeah. As soon as you beat the first level, or curtain, it goes to the curtain select screen for that Act, where you can either choose the next curtain, or go back and play a curtain you've already played.

pantsmith

I thought I had preordered the game from Amazon, but apparently did not.

If I wanted to snag the pre-order incentives when I picked it up, is there a best way to still go about snagging them? It bugs the hell out of me when I miss out of something "collectible", in this case the avatars, despite buying it full price on day one.

For those who are afraid that this game may be too easy, it certainly isn't. There are a lot of tricky things that will cause you to die or get hit if you aren't on your toes.

And the levels offer a lot of replay value, with lots of secret heads and bonus stages that you won't find on your first run.

Oh, and the art, the animations, the music, the humor and the style are all FANTASTIC. Definitely not disappointed.

TentPole

I know it doesn't really mean much considering the skill level of some reviewers these days but one of gameinfromers few complaints was that the game got a little bit to hard later on:
I also ran into a few unforgiving checkpoints, which made some already difficult sections of the game all the more frustrating. Even seasoned gamers will become intimately familiar with the continue screen.

So take that for what it's worth.

Fabrik

Banned

Several reviews mentioned it and that's what transpired from the demo. Did you play it?

Andrew.

Banned
Yeah so...

This game is fucking beautiful. The animations and music are absolutely amazing. Control is tight as hell too.

I like the "laid backness" to it and the slower pace compared to Rayman and DK. This is more up my alley.

Andrew.

Banned
Game has arrived! And I'm busy as hell!

Hmm, hope to play it tonight. Is there a mandatory install?

Zero installation. Only trophies load up for a couple seconds.

Really like controlling YingYang with the right stick to search the environment. Great for OCD enthusiasts such as myself and reminds me of Dragons Crown.

Neiteio

Was this retail only?
I don't see any of that stuff on my download list.
I believe Amazon sent me the code for this. It was part of their preorder deal.

Btw, there's no physical manual with this game, just an image of the controls on the reverse of the game cover (which you can see as soon as you open the case since the case is clear).

Just got this and worked thru Act 1. Loving it so far. Very imaginative and unique.

Only thing I'm kinda bummed on is that the 3D effect on my 3DTV is nothing to write home about. But beyond that, it's great.

olimpia84

The fact that I have to go to the 2nd page of the gaming discussion section to find this thread is depressing and worrying. Got my copy today, coming home from work and finding the Amazon envelope at my doorstep hasn't felt this good in a while.

Love the presentation of this game...simply beautiful and one of the best in recent memory. Just finished Act 1 (or chapter 1) and so far it's extremely simple but enjoyable. Looking around the stage is awesome, so much detail was put into everything. Time to get dinner ready and will try to knock some more levels down before I go to bed. Buy this game people!!

r3n4ud

The fact that I have to go to the 2nd page of the gaming discussion section to find this thread is depressing and worrying. Got my copy today, coming home from work and finding the Amazon envelope at my doorstep hasn't felt this good in a while.

Love the presentation of this game...simply beautiful and one of the best in recent memory. Just finished Act 1 (or chapter 1) and so far it's extremely simple but enjoyable. Looking around the stage is awesome, so much detail was put into everything. Time to get dinner ready and will try to knock some more levels down before I go to bed. Buy this game people!!
Thanks for the quick impressions. Patiently waiting for my copy to arrive tomorrow afternoon...

Top Bottom