• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puppeteer |OT| $40, No Strings Attached

It's long. Can't say how long I used, sorry.

It's not padded out with unnecessary crap is it? I don't mind collectables and stuff, but I hate levels that are padded out for no reason other than making the game longer....I'm instantly reminded of Alice: Madness Returns and its crazy amount of padding throughout.

Lunzio

So when exactly is this embargo up? I'd love to get more opinions on it, but it certainly has peaked my interest since it debuted.

Well I couldn't resist, I just pre-ordered the game via the webstore. Think I'll keep my Amazon pre-order too and show some extra support to the developers and keep the disc version sealed as I fully expect it will become a collector's item at some point.

Mik_Pad

Banned
Well I couldn't resist, I just pre-ordered the game via the webstore. Think I'll keep my Amazon pre-order too and show some extra support to the developers and keep the disc version sealed as I fully expect it will become a collector's item at some point.
Nice, the only thing that made me sad about the retail version is no manual, instead they use the reversible cover as instructions :/

100 heads? Damn, that's a lot. All the praise for the 3D makes me wish I had a 3D tv.

Nice. I can barely afford one copy, let alone double dip lol.

VanWinkle

That Twitch.TV video. My goodness. The variety. The platforming finesse. The VISUALS. THIS IS AMAZING. Looks like a 93/100+ game, but it's a non-Nintendo platformer, so I'm expecting 83/100.

I had to keep skipping like five minutes and then watching about 30 seconds, getting amazed, skipping five minutes, etc. lol. I want to keep watching, but I also don't want to spoil myself.

From the twitch video it seems like the voice acting is great.

I still don't know which dub I'll pick. The game is essentially a clash of English and Japanese flavours and influences, so it's difficult to decide which track to pick because both suit the game well.

cyborg009

Banned
I still don't know which dub I'll pick. The game is essentially a clash of English and Japanese flavours and influences, so it's difficult to decide which track to pick because both suit the game well.

In the redsungamer recorded twitch stream the rat was singing sakura in english at 7:17 which I first heard from that quantic dream Kara demo. That was pretty cool. I thought that was pretty cool.

Just paid this off at GameStop along with KH 1.5. I know literally nothing about this game, seen maybe 2-3 minutes of footage total. Solely going off user impressions (thanks, Neiteio!). Been a good long time since I've gone into a game with as little info as this. Can't wait.

I'm having an absolute blast playing this game the platforming is very tight and is not floaty like LBP. it gets surprisingly hard and seems great 4 replay ability especially when collecting heads and perfect runs without losing heads.

The game screams 'play me on a 3d tv', I really wish I had a 3d tv makes you want to go out and buy one.

I'm convinced that it will review very well. Would be good to increase sales a bit.
I'm predicting a 9 on major sites like eurogamer, ign and gamespot.

Funny how my phone's autocorrect turned ign into ignore.

Okay? I don't feel like it should be compared to LBP because it's really nothing like it besides being a 2.5D platformer. Should I have not responded to him or something?

I was just making a reference how people always compare it to LBP just because of some similarities in the looks :(

Game deserves to score 90 or above from what I've seen

- Amazing graphics
- Tremendous production values for a platformer
- Unique gameplay
- Tight platforming mechanics
- Low price

Seriously looks like a must buy for platforming fans, we never get stuff like this anymore.

A small nitpicky thing, but I wanna know (Though given how it comes out Tuesday, I guess we'll all find out soon enough) whether either the Japanese or English versions have dual-audio options. The recent Japanese minute-or-so-long trailer with Yuki Matsuoka made me wanna check it out at least once in Japanese audio. That's just me being a voice-actor fantard, I guess.

Japanese version apparently has dual audio. You just need to have system settings in english.

Tho probably you'd have to have corresponding subs too!

Samus4145

And there's 7 total. That's not bad. 10+ hours at least.

Think I was around the 12 hour mark. Going to try and get a video approved to hit before the review. If not it will be live in the am, showing off parts of two stages. No boss spoilers though.

Oh if anybody has kids and has a move controller this game serves as a great bounding tool. Think of Mario Galaxy but instead of just collecting stars the player can actually attack enemies, collect moonstones and search for heads/secrets making it a truly wonderful communication tool between parent and child.

If you don't have a move controller a second DS3 will work perfectly well.

Right...time to start Act 3.

Think I was around the 12 hour mark. Going to try and get a video approved to hit before the review. If not it will be live in the am, showing off parts of two stages. No boss spoilers though.

Well shit, 12 hours for a $40 game? It only took me about 9 hours to 100% the original content in Rayman Legends.

Hot damn.

Violater

It's a pity these games are coming so late in the console cycle and are bound to be overshadowed by the next gen hype.

Top Bottom