• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puppeteer |OT| $40, No Strings Attached

Neiteio

4 days. Not that bad. I got it preloaded now so I can fire it up whenever they activate it on tuesday.
I preordered on Amazon and paid a little extra for release day delivery. They've never failed me in the past.

I hope they don't release merchandise for this game. I would spend obscene amounts of money on a General Tiger marionette.

CXSVhhq.jpg

Peterthumpa

3D seems pretty good (no noticeable resolution drop nor ghosting) but it's so subtle that it's almost absent. A shame, this would look stunning with the proper depth applied.

VanWinkle

3D seems pretty good (no noticeable resolution drop nor ghosting) but it's so subtle that it's almost absent. A shame, this would look stunning with the proper depth applied.

Exactly. I am surprised by the positive comments about the 3D. It doesn't have any technical issues or anything, but I could barely even notice the 3D.

sn00zer

Hey I would like to make a real life puppeteer character out of wood....how would i go about getting the character model after release? I know alot of people do papercraft stuff based on some sort of lifted 3d models, is there a site for this or something?

ha1f

i've been so busy lately i forgot this game was coming out so soon. then i walked by this on the way home today. now im getting all tingly because i want to play it so badly...

Neiteio

Oh god, the Western level in the stream. The MUSIC.

Said it before, say it again:

CXSVhhq.jpg

EDIT: The
gunslinger
boss! :O

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
This holiday season is great for 2D platformer fans. Rayman Legends, now Puppeteer, and finally Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze before the end of the year. Each brings its own unique artstyle and gameplay twist to the genre.

sogood.gif

Neiteio

This holiday season is great for 2D platformer fans. Rayman Legends, now Puppeteer, and finally Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze before the end of the year. Each brings its own unique artstyle and gameplay twist to the genre.

sogood.gif
Rayman, Puppeteer, and DKC... Oh man. Hope these franchises continue to thrive. :)

Mifune

Mehmber
For some reason Twitch refuses to stream on my computer. So for those watching (or playing), how's the music? Seems to me like netting Patrick Doyle was a major coup.

Withnail

Nothing from Edge, Eurogamer, thesixthaxis yet. I'm guessing we'll see them in an hour and this is another time zone cock up.

Puppeteer does a really nice job of overwhelming us with so much well-executed eccentricity, not much else matters. And frankly, there’s nothing else like it.

Sorry ign, but 8.5 clearly tells me that something else did matter, perhaps gta5 maybe?
I look forward to seeing puppeteer on your best ever games list in a year or so.

Top Bottom