• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pushsquare," judging from our anecdotal observations, there are significantly more people playing (Concord) on PS5"

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch

There's still hope, guys!

There’s so much to unpack with Firewalk Studios’ debut shooter Concord that we may eventually need to write a full post mortem. The time for that is not now, as the title only officially released yesterday on PS5 and PC. As predicted, it’s performing particularly poorly on Steam, where it peaked at just 697 concurrent players.

That’s significantly less than other high profile flops like Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League (which peaked at 13,459 players) and Redfall (which peaked at 6,124 players). The other big new release this week, Black Myth: Wukong, peaked at 2.4 million players. It’s not a fair comparison because it’s a totally different type of game, but it puts things into perspective.

It’s worth noting that these numbers only account for Steam, and judging from our anecdotal observations, there are significantly more people playing on PS5. While crossplay can be disabled, we’ve left it on and noticed almost all players have a PlayStation logo next to their username on the score screen. Of course, this is purely circumstantial, and we still don’t know precisely how many are playing on Sony’s system.

Fake

Gold Member
Neil Degrasse Tyson Madness GIF by First We Feast

"There are must be people who are playing this game somewhere" :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Considering that the current CCU is 258, I guess the only ones playing this game are folks from that Resetera thread 🤣

Nice to see that the era of DEI is ending. Games and shows started to get real backlash as aside shoving colors and more weight into people's faces, they really failed to provide an argument why DEI exists.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Right, so the smaller platform, with less players is somehow doing much better than the bigger platform with more players.

Of course!

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Right, so the smaller platform, with less players is somehow doing much better than the bigger platform with more players.

Of course!
I wouldnt be surprised. Have you seen the emails Sony is sending out? And they can do prominent advertising in the PS store and system. Steam also just got Deadlock.

I dont know about "much" better. Maybe slightly better.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

I AM curious to know how many players they're getting on console. Regardless, a large amount of people have mentioned queue times taking anywhere from 40 seconds to 1 minute. That is absurd for a game on and around launch.

Astray

What is this article, lol

“Significantly more but this is purely circumstantial and we don’t know how many.”

lmao
People who play it on PS5 both now and during the beta access periods seem to not complain about matchmaking (for now), so it's probably orders of magnitude higher than Steam at least.

The numbers will surely fall below expectations though. This game clearly cost a fucking ton of money to make and promote.

We will find out more in the next Sony quarterly results.

night13x

Honestly - let Sony have their way, let them see forced DEI shit with a genre that has been overproduced is going to fail. Let sony loose TONS of money. This may not be the final catalyst, but eventually Sony is going to have to take a hard look and see why they are losing millions and billions....they will figure it out eventually and go back to making great movies / games without the bullshit.

Until then.....Sony can make Concord 2!!!!

Killjoy-NL

I AM curious to know how many players they're getting on console. Regardless, a large amount of people have mentioned queue times taking anywhere from 40 seconds to 1 minute. That is absurd for a game on and around launch.
There are instances where it can take that long, but overall I'd say it's around 25-30sec max in the 5+ hours I've played so far.

Probably depends on the game-modes as well.

Edit:

25-30secs is more accurate

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

There are instances where it can take that long, but overall I'd say it's around 20-25sec max in the 5+ hours I've played so far.

Probably depends on the game-modes as well.
Oh? Good to know it shifted a bit for those playing. Still sad that it's even taking that long in a multiplayer game on/around launch though. Oof.

diffusionx

Gold Member
If the game is bomba on PC and successful on PS5, and I don't think that's the case but if it was, and Sony is getting all this bad press for being a bomba because of the PC version, then it has to make Sony rethink what they are doing.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Killjoy-NL

Maybe now, but I don't think it did around launch. After awhile it doesn't really surprise me too much, it hasn't been a favorite for a lot of fans.
Perhaps.

I think 25-30secs is acceptable though, but if it starts taking 50-60+secs on average during peak hours, that'll be a very bad sign.

Thing is that matches are rather quick, so that' might become an issue as well on top of queue times.

Last edited:

ZehDon

Concord could have 1000% more players on PS5 and it'd still be a massive flop.

No one has been excited for it at all during the lead up to launch.
It's beta was so ignored they didn't bother listing player numbers during their "beta milestones".
It's been openly mocked for its horrendous character designs at every turn.
It's launched against Wukong, which seemingly no one saw coming.

It'll be F2P before Christmas, and shut down before the end of next year.

Top Bottom