• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pushsquare," judging from our anecdotal observations, there are significantly more people playing (Concord) on PS5"

Topher

Gold Member
keenan-thompson-confused.gif

"While crossplay can be disabled, we’ve left it on and noticed almost all players have a PlayStation logo next to their username on the score screen. "

No shit. PlayStation gamers can't get refunds.

Killjoy-NL

Change the colours and that one could work, not exactly an original design mind. if you said it had been made with AI id believe you
Goes for more characters. Different colors would already make most characters decent looking, at least.

But Firewalk decided to use the most gay-ass color pallettes for every skin, outside of a handfull.

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
No wonder people are playing It more on Playstation than on PC. PC Players are busy playing Delta Force and this game isn't available on Playstation now.🤡

Peope are playing anything but this.

Doesn't help when you launch at the same time as one of the most hyped games of the year. Youd have thought they would at least shifted the launch to the right to dodge Monkey game after the reception the beta got.

Tams

Let's say that 'almost all' is 1 in 10 players is on PC (so for a given match, just them).

That's 6,273 PS5 players for each Steam player. And that's an incredibly optimistic estimate based on their cope.

Lol.

Last edited:

StereoVsn

Concord could have 1000% more players on PS5 and it'd still be a massive flop.

No one has been excited for it at all during the lead up to launch.
It's beta was so ignored they didn't bother listing player numbers during their "beta milestones".
It's been openly mocked for its horrendous character designs at every turn.
It's launched against Wukong, which seemingly no one saw coming.

It'll be F2P before Christmas, and shut down before the end of next year.
Yep. If Sony would be smart it would have not gotten a release after the beta. If they had a modicum of common sense it would be killed off next week and refunds would be sent to the people who bought it.

But no, Sony is going to keep tilting at this windmill for next few months at least, lol.

MiguelItUp

Perhaps.

I think 25-30secs is acceptable though, but if it starts taking 50-60+secs on average during peak hours, that'll be a very bad sign.

Thing is that matches are rather quick, so that' might become an issue as well on top of queue times.
Yeah I agree. Hearing the 40 seconds to 1 minute thing I was like WHAT?! Cause even when that was standard with the deluxe edition owners, that wasn't a good sign.

As long as it's moving quick. I mean, if people are enjoying it, I want them to enjoy it. It would suck for them to have to put up with otherwise.

ReBurn

Gold Member
People who play it on PS5 both now and during the beta access periods seem to not complain about matchmaking (for now), so it's probably orders of magnitude higher than Steam at least.

The numbers will surely fall below expectations though. This game clearly cost a fucking ton of money to make and promote.

We will find out more in the next Sony quarterly results.
How many orders of magnitude are you thinking?

Astray

How many orders of magnitude are you thinking?
Idk, but from what I'm seeing, the game is moderately more successful on PS5.

(Reminder that PS CCU numbers are private, we are essentially making guesses on what's inside a black box here).

Salz01

In Beta the moment to moment game play was fun. Not overly original, but fun could be had. The characters and unlock, progression system is absolute dogshit. Whatever team designed those characters, I wouldn’t even let them flip burgers at McDonalds.

Killjoy-NL

I think it is implied it is not that big of a bomb by saying significantly more players are on ps5.
Sure, but that wouldnt be false.
It'd be pretty dumb to deny the game bombed.
But it might be an indication that it might not be as bad on PS5 to the point that finding matches is impossible.
Like I said, I get into matches in 25-30 secs all morning, so that's outside of peak hours.

If I take Predecessor open beta as example, it had around 2K CCU on Steam last-time I checked on saturday mornings (just checked: it's 2.5K atm) and most players are on PC.
Matchmaking took like 40-50secs on average, if not longer.

So logically speaking, CCU on PS5 should be at least 3K. (Just a guess, could be a lot higher to result in 20 sec faster queue)
Which is still abysmal for a Sony title, but it does make sure finding matches isn't too bad.

The real problem will be if numbers drop in the next 2-3 weeks.
That's the main issue Firewalk has atm. How to gain some sort of traction, or at the very least keep the existing installbase.

Maybe in a way, all the discussions are keeping the game in the spotlight, for better of worse.
Yeah I agree. Hearing the 40 seconds to 1 minute thing I was like WHAT?! Cause even when that was standard with the deluxe edition owners, that wasn't a good sign.

As long as it's moving quick. I mean, if people are enjoying it, I want them to enjoy it. It would suck for them to have to put up with otherwise.
Yeah, it happens. Sometimes games just bomb and it's not like we couldn't see this one coming.

It's whatever though. Lol

Last edited:

SSfox

Okay beside the Concorde thing... No comment

How the fuck this clown think Horizon is the most important playstation IP? Like get the Fuck off out of here dude, this IP isn't even close to be so, did he heard about Gran Turismo and God Of War for example, this guy is such a joke with the shittiest gaming tastes.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Sure, but that wouldnt be false.
It'd be pretty dumb to deny the game bombed.
But it might be an indication that it might not be as bad on PS5 to the point that finding matches is impossible.
Like I said, I get into matches in 25-30 secs all morning, so that's outside of peak hours.

If I take Predecessor open beta as example, it had around 2K CCU on Steam last-time I checked on saturday mornings (just checked: it's 2.5K atm) and most players are on PC.
Matchmaking took like 40-50secs on average, if not longer.

So logically speaking, CCU on PS5 should be at least 3K. (Just a guess, could be a lot higher to result in 20 sec faster queue)
Which is still abysmal for a Sony title, but it does make sure finding matches isn't too bad.

The real problem will be if numbers drop in the next 2-3 weeks.
That's the main issue Firewalk has atm. How to gain some sort of traction, or at the very least keep the existing installbase.

Maybe in a way, all the discussions are keeping the game in the spotlight, for better of worse.

Yeah, it happens. Sometimes games just bomb and it's not like we couldn't see this one coming.

It's whatever though. Lol
But I never said that people couldn't find a match, just that this apologist article was bullshit.

DaGwaphics

It isn't inconceivable that it does better on console where Sony can advertise it for nothing in the store. The bar is just so low on Steam that it would need to be significantly more played on PS to make a difference. Does Sony have a chart for the most played games on their platform? That would be the place to check for this type of thing.

For example, when Halo Infinite was bombing on PC it was holding in the top 10 most played on Xbox for longer than most releases.

Killjoy-NL

If anyone has it via physical on the PS5 I'd insist they hurry for that refund, or in a few months they'll have a nice coaster. This game won't survive.
I always see €40 games as disposable filler. Games you buy that are fun for a short period of time or when there is nothing else of interest. Lol

Last edited:

Reaseru

The quote is completely fake
I don't know if that particular quote is fake or not (as i was not the one who posted it), but I have read and listened him (Hurst) stating similar things like that one regarding Horizon. He hyped Horizon like it's the second coming of Christ in several occasions.

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
Idk, but from what I'm seeing, the game is moderately more successful on PS5.

(Reminder that PS CCU numbers are private, we are essentially making guesses on what's inside a black box here).
It's fun to do the math, though. I think it would probably take a peak player count at least 2 orders of magnitude (697 x 10 x 10 = 69,700) higher on PlayStation for this to be considered a decent opening weekend. I wonder if it got that high? It's certainly possible but like you said we won't know unless Sony releases more info.

I can see this game being played more on PlayStation than Steam, but the $40 cost of entry and PS+ requirement is still asking a lot with Fortnite and Overwatch 2 being F2P and not requiring PS+.

SkylineRKR

What a shit article.

Even if the player counts are in fact 10 times higher than shown (which they aren't), its still unsustainable. This game needs like... 300k players accross steam and PS5 to be a success? Helldivers peaked at 500k. And that game is dying too by the way.

Killjoy-NL

What a shit article.

Even if the player counts are in fact 10 times higher than shown (which they aren't), its still unsustainable. This game needs like... 300k players accross steam and PS5 to be a success? Helldivers peaked at 500k. And that game is dying too by the way.
HD1 had a peak CCU of 7K. Highly doubt they expected even close to 500K for HD2.

Who knows what expectations were exactly for Concord?

Z O N E

They're probably forced to play it because of Sony's refund policy and not allowing people to refund the game so they're trying to get their money's worth out of it.

Nydius

Speaking of collectors items....

Trying Not To Laugh Rooster Teeth GIF by Achievement Hunter

I actually rather like the design on that controller but, like the game itself, they’re asking far too much for it. If it were the same price as other controllers I’d consider it. But $85 for that when I can get a Volcanic Red one on Amazon for $68 makes that controller a hard pass.

Also, please tell me I’m not the only old fart around here who looks at the touchpad and immediately sees the logo from The Last Starfighter

mSjdUee.jpeg

Spyxos

Gold Member
Right, so the smaller platform, with less players is somehow doing much better than the bigger platform with more players.

Of course!
But I could really imagine that. It was advertised quite a lot and the game selection is smaller.

winjer

Gold Member
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if a player that has chosen to not have crossplay enters a match, won't that automatically exclude all PC players from entering that match.
So if most PS players have disabled crossplay, that would make it very unlikely for PS players to be matched with PC players, because most often than not, there will be a player with crossplay disabled.

Top Bottom