• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

MicH

Did some rare pulls, I needed more green guys, what I got:

Mandrake (don't know if good)
Flame Guardian
Drall
Naga

Three flame dudes! What the fuck man. I already have my starter and a red dragon for that. I feel jipped, hopefully I can get at least a lil green dragon from pal pulls. Hate you right now game.
If you don't have any of those already, they are great - the last three especially if you're already running a fire team.

Mandrake evolves into Alraune which is one of the healer girls. So if you need a Healer, you got one.
Naga is also one of the healer girls, but not a traditionally healer. She can push back enemies' attacks and buy you more time before they attack. VERY useful!
Flame Guardian evolves into the powerful Flame Mech and Drall is one of the toy dragons which, when fully evolved, has a 50% resist to two elements. Very good as well.

Overall very nice pulls.

Kosh

This is insane. I guess some developers have zero shame...

http://www.towerofsaviors.com/

There's another one that is iOS only, Angel Salvation, which is exactly the same as Puzzle and Dragons, with the exception that the magic stones work differently.

Downloaded this and played through the tutorial. Art work is pretty cool and the tutorial is definitely shorter. They did add a mechanic, the orbs are called runestones, when you match 5 it will give you a special runestone of that color that, when matched, will do more damage than normal.

If you don't have any of those already, they are great - the last three especially if you're already running a fire team.

Mandrake evolves into Alraune which is one of the healer girls. So if you need a Healer, you got one.
Naga is also one of the healer girls, but not a traditionally healer. She can push back enemies' attacks and buy you more time before they attack. VERY useful!
Flame Guardian evolves into the powerful Flame Mech and Drall is one of the toy dragons which, when fully evolved, has a 50% resist to two elements. Very good as well.

Overall very nice pulls.

Thanks for the info and those monsters, good to see it was silly of me to get mad. I didn't have any of those monster initially, and now I have 3 healers (Siren, Mandrake, and Naga).

I was originally pushing for more earth monsters since all I had was an Earth Knight. But I'll take what I can get.

MicH

Thanks for the info and those monsters, good to see it was silly of me to get mad. I didn't have any of those monster initially, and now I have 3 healers (Siren, Mandrake, and Naga).

I was originally pushing for more earth monsters since all I had was an Earth Knight. But I'll take what I can get.
Don't worry, I think most of us get a bit disappointed when we don't get what we were hoping for from the pull machine :p I know I did just the other day, haha. It wears off though

J0dy77

I'm realizing that if my PAD app was ever accidentally deleted I might cry. Anyone have the tutorial on how to perform the backup? I have iexplorer for Gridlee just need to make sure I do it correctly. (Didn't see the how to in the OP).

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Man, you NEED some form of healing in these later dungeons. I've been trying to see if Odin+ADK+dragons can manage, but I'm pretty sure you have to get lucky as shit to make it work. All too often, you get a round with 1 turn timers, so you have to sweep to keep health up. When you manage to get a round where you can charge skills, you don't get ANY health orbs. So you're stuck sweeping until you HOPEFULLY get lucky with health orbs.

Except you don't!

So you're stuck with no health, against a boss, with no healer, no skills charged up...They REALLY force you to bring healers on your team. I feel bad for those of you without healing options.

ParityBit

Man, you NEED some form of healing in these later dungeons. I've been trying to see if Odin+ADK+dragons can manage, but I'm pretty sure you have to get lucky as shit to make it work. All too often, you get a round with 1 turn timers, so you have to sweep to keep health up. When you manage to get a round where you can charge skills, you don't get ANY health orbs. So you're stuck sweeping until you HOPEFULLY get lucky with health orbs.

Except you don't!

So you're stuck with no health, against a boss, with no healer, no skills charged up...They REALLY force you to bring healers on your team. I feel bad for those of you without healing options.

This is exactly why I have the Enchantress on one account and Ammy on the other. And spending all my time/energy/stamina/food stuffs to upgrade them.

But I do not think one color on each account is enough. I don't know. My teams are not the best like some of the others. Mostly Dragons really.

ToxicAdam

Yea, I realized that during my first playthrough. I was level 50, (made it past Castle of Satan and a few other technicals at the time) and decided to reroll. I didn't have any healers and didn't see any way of getting one. Grinding for a mermaid/mandrake was ridiculously tedious.

TimeKillr

I'm all for competition. I love PAD but it has a ton of room for improvement. Competition is a great thing and maybe the next games will be better.

My problem is not with competition - that I have no trouble with.

My problem is when you basically grab what they did and make an exact copy of the game and not improving on it whatsoever. The mechanics are the same (especially for Angel Salvation, which is worse than Tower of Savior, because it's clearly only a reskin of PAD), the IAP is the same, everything is the exact same but with a different coat of paint.

If they tried to improve on the formula, sure, I'd be all for it. But right now, I dunno.

Selner

JACKPOT!! Just pulled a freaking Ancient Dragon Knight from the rare pull machine :D

I did one of my two pulls earlier this morning... Dragon Knight popped out.
He's even got a +1.... to RCV...

He did come out at lvl30, so that's good. Now I just need to lvl him and get the evo mats.
For dragons I've got Tyrannos, Pteras, Spinas, Lil Blue and Lil Red to team up... eventually.

I had zero Green monsters, so I'm happy to pull a good one.
Plan on using the 2nd Rare pull later tonight.

ccbfan

Except you don't!

Personally I always go defensive.

I have a stage 3 siren so I can make some pretty good teams with GAF friends, Odin plus healer or halver plus healer or resolve plus healer. with nukers. (Can't wait till I have enough team points to use my mech dragons. 30K nuke + ridicules hp)

Because of the stamina limit, there's really little incentive to go offensive. I mean what are you gonna do? Run out of stamina faster?

massoluk

Banned
I got Gigas, I used him sometime, thought I don't understand how Resolve work. It's pure chance? You used it just in case by some pure luck it will save that one time you need? It feels like getting damage reduction is a wiser choice to me, but this board appears to favor this "resolve" team. Am I misunderstanding something?

Are you 100% positive you matched something? It happens, trust me. :p NO SHAME

I matched hearts, so i got healing from that. Andthen siren just did nothing. Usually she'll do something, but not as much as when its not after a strong hit. My HP was low enough that a single Siren heal would have got me over the threshold even from 1hp, but i ended up below the threshold but more than 1hp, so any way you slice it something was wrong

Narras

A little off topic, but I just tried that Tower of Saviors game mentioned a few posts back and it kind of made me wish Puzzle and Dragons moved faster. After making a match in that game, it just starts firing away.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
The drop rate I'm getting on the small mythlit is really pissing me off at this point.

Radav

Is it possible to get the Dub-lits anywhere besides today's expert dungeon? I'm having ZERO luck getting even 1 and I need 3 of the dark colored ones for an ultimate evolve.

ToxicAdam

Rolled rare gacha once, got a God, life is good.

http://puzzle-dragons-global.wikia.com/wiki/Susano

Sadly not one of the best ones, but I'll take it! Active skill seems like it could be useful for technicals/higher-level mobs.

Fleshing out my green.

I use Susano a lot in the Water dungeons as a helper. Nice attack/hps and great defense to take the edge off some of the attacks. His special is really useful in boss fights or if you get stuck in a jam.

xelios

With the pulls I got today you'd think it was still water day. Only new ones I got were a 5* Sylph and Gryps Rider. That gives me all the riders now, woohoo? =/

Evilshadow

Neo Member
Downloaded this and played through the tutorial. Art work is pretty cool and the tutorial is definitely shorter. They did add a mechanic, the orbs are called runestones, when you match 5 it will give you a special runestone of that color that, when matched, will do more damage than normal.

Just tested this game and the sound is really boring. The game engine is the same, they have added some other features and the graphics are too medieval. I prefer P&D Overall.

harrytang

Is it possible to get the Dub-lits anywhere besides today's expert dungeon? I'm having ZERO luck getting even 1 and I need 3 of the dark colored ones for an ultimate evolve.

yeah, but only in the super high up dungeons after Hades. Those are tough as hell, and still rare drop.

ParityBit

I got my second mythlit! I need one more for my black dragon evolve.

Now I need just my light divine mask for my Ammy and I can evolve her! I was thinking of farming the first level of the light dungeon ...

same boat. ive resigned myself to it taking a few weeks to do my ultimate evo

Personally I always go defensive.

I have a stage 3 siren so I can make some pretty good teams with GAF friends, Odin plus healer or halver plus healer or resolve plus healer. with nukers. (Can't wait till I have enough team points to use my mech dragons. 30K nuke + ridicules hp)

Because of the stamina limit, there's really little incentive to go offensive. I mean what are you gonna do? Run out of stamina faster?

I have an auto healer, so I always go defensive If I do not know what I am getting into.

If I am farming the technicals for Pengdras, I go ADK x ADK all the way

Just randomally got 5 stones? No clue where from. I had 6 earlier today (10AM). Just logged on now and I have 11. Not that i'm really complaining, but they just appeared.

Roll now, or wait for this mysterious 'God Event'?

Actually got another decent pull for the first time since I started. Think I'll run with him in the lead and give Siegfried the Blue Champion a break (still keeping him on my current team though).
image.jpg

ParityBit

Just randomally got 5 stones? No clue where from. I had 6 earlier today (10AM). Just logged on now and I have 11. Not that i'm really complaining, but they just appeared.

God event! :) Well that's what I am doing anyways. I figure at the very least I will pull all the crappy eggs so you guys all get the good ones ;)

Owzers

expert glow worms: no dub drop
emerald dragon trip: no king
green tech looking for a pendragon : no pendragon drop.

A productive stamina drain.

xelios

lol, sprite dungeons today are a complete joke with drops. Several times have only gotten a single baby sprite from the expert dungeon.

I think I received 5 extra stones today as well. I am due for my 30 day tomorrow, so If you are in a similar boat maybe they dropped it early on us.

either way I am waiting until I need boxes or a God event. MAYBE one pull during the dark event...

MicH

Actually got another decent pull for the first time since I started. Think I'll run with him in the lead and give Siegfried the Blue Champion a break (still keeping him on my current team though).
image.jpg
Nice! The evolution of Highlander and, as far as I know, Berserkers "counterpart" (Berserker is the pre-evolution of Siegfried). So that's pretty cool that you got both!

Can't wait to evolve mine. He looks so badass! Also both this guy and Siegfried each have another evolution in the Japanese version. Hopefully we'll get that "soon" :p

I matched hearts, so i got healing from that. Andthen siren just did nothing. Usually she'll do something, but not as much as when its not after a strong hit. My HP was low enough that a single Siren heal would have got me over the threshold even from 1hp, but i ended up below the threshold but more than 1hp, so any way you slice it something was wrong
Were you in a technical dungeon, and an enemy stunned your Siren?
I got Gigas, I used him sometime, thought I don't understand how Resolve work. It's pure chance? You used it just in case by some pure luck it will save that one time you need? It feels like getting damage reduction is a wiser choice to me, but this board appears to favor this "resolve" team. Am I misunderstanding something?
When you set Gigas as leader you will have a 100% chance of surviving a fatal attack with 1HP as long as your current HP is over 70%. He's useful for monsters that deal impossible amounts of damage (like Hades and his 66,666 bomb), but Resolve doesn't work if you get hit more than once in a turn (like the mechdragons tend to do).

thaOwner

This game...this fucking game. I've got three maxed out pengdras and all I wanted are some regular emeralds. Just give me regulars but no. What do I get ? Two kings and a high emerald. Smh

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
This game...this fucking game. I've got three maxed out pengdras and all I wanted are some regular emeralds. Just give me regulars but no. What do I get ? Two kings and a high emerald. Smh

The ultimate first world problem. Psh.

Jinko

Just tested this game and the sound is really boring. The game engine is the same, they have added some other features and the graphics are too medieval. I prefer P&D Overall.

Yea PAD art is much better, I don't think another clone will be able to match it.

Were you in a technical dungeon, and an enemy stunned your Siren?.

nope, shrine of sprites expert. i should reiterate that its not always the case that my healer does nothing after being saved by resolve. sometimes they do heal me, but for less than what they should. its happened enough times now that im pretty much 100% sure im not imagining it.

i almost feel like theres a bug where the turn after resolve kicks in, your healing received by auto heal is reduced by whatever amount resolve mitigated

watch it from now and see what happens. your auto healer should always heal you for exactly the same amount, so its really easy to notice when they heal you for a different amount

Radav

I would LOOOOOVE to have that happen to me. lol Instead I'll continue to get the lowbie metals like I have for what seems like forever now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom