• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
Son of a bitch! Thought I'd try a couple rare pulls with the new Green event going on. First pull I get a gold egg with a plus symbol! It's a daman Sylph the Wind Elemental. Weak. I go for a second pull. I get ANOTHER gold egg! And it's another damn Sylph! The fuck! Well, since I got 2 gold eggs in a row, I figured why not push my luck. Third pull gives me my fourth damn Mystic Light Knight overall. We just had the Light Knight dungeon not long ago. Last thing I needed was another one. *Sigh*

So, which Fafnir evolution... Green/Red or Green/Dark? I think dark is better... Am I wrong?
I like Green/Dark better. Dark is strong against Light and not weak against anything. Also Green and Dark monster skills are more synergistic than Green and Red. ADK's orb change skill changes Red orbs to Green ones, taking away a source of damage from Green/Red Fafnir. Green and Dark don't have such conflicting skills among its monsters, that I know of. That said, it might make more sense to determine what kind of team you can build with it. If you have better Red creatures than Dark ones, then that may be the more sensible choice.

raiot

Son of a bitch! Thought I'd try a couple rare pulls with the new Green event going on. First pull I get a gold egg with a plus symbol! It's a daman Sylph the Wind Elemental. Weak. I go for a second pull. I get ANOTHER gold egg! And it's another damn Sylph! The fuck! Well, since I got 2 gold eggs in a row, I figured why not push my luck. Third pull gives me my fourth damn Mystic Light Knight overall. We just had the Light Knight dungeon not long ago. Last thing I needed was another one. *Sigh*

I like Green/Dark better. Dark is strong against Light and not weak against anything. Also Green and Dark monster skills are more synergistic than Green and Red. ADK's orb change skill changes Red orbs to Green ones, taking away a source of damage from Green/Red Fafnir. Green and Dark don't have such conflicting skills among its monsters, that I know of. That said, it might make more sense to determine what kind of team you can build with it. If you have better Red creatures than Dark ones, then that may be the more sensible choice.

Oh God... thats a very bad luck streak! I wanted to make a single pull today but I'm quite hesitant now...

This is my Monster box
5M6ydkg.jpg
The Hades is now evolved and some others have higher levels.

KuroNeeko

I don't have an ADK yet but I have a CDK (not yet evolved, divine mask is missing) and a not so bad dark team... so it will be the dark evolution!

One thing that might be worth exploring is that if you can evolve a black starter dragon up to the point where your dark creatures get a 2X ATK bonus, I wonder if if Fafnir gets that bonus even when he performs a green attack. That would be pretty nice.

KuroNeeko

Two sylphs mean you're going to completely shut down some of the harder water dungeons. I mean, damn, TWO Earth Fields? That's 6 turns every 20 where you take no damage. Add a Naga or Time Mage and you're free from damage for almost 50% of the time!

silverlining.jpg

Sorry mayne.

One thing that might be worth exploring is that if you can evolve a black starter dragon up to the point where your dark creatures get a 2X ATK bonus, I wonder if if Fafnir gets that bonus even when he performs a green attack. That would be pretty nice.

Im confused. Why would he? He's green, not black

KuroNeeko

Im confused. Why would he? He's green, not black

You can evolve him into a dual-color monster. I don't have any yet though, so I'm not sure how 2X bonuses work.

http://www18.atwiki.jp/pazdra/pages/1476.html

Since he's part black, I wonder if he'd get the bonus to green attacks as well, or just dark.

Man, this post just made me think of this :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQtw-sINTYc#t=0m46s

Picturing Fafnir played by Danny Glover was pretty amusing.

raiot

I will explore this dual damage mistery, because my starter dragon is fully evolved now and i also have a vampire lord! ;)
All I need is 1 dark and 1 white dublit then I can do 2 ultimate evolutions at once ( Hades and Fafnir).
Also: MEMBER status achieved! After 5 years of reading and 3 years of posting here!

ParityBit

Is it better to do the normal Friday or the expert if I just need rainbow ghosts at the moment? I am not sure how difficult the expert is either.

Ronok

So today I got 5 free stones because of consecutive logins I think. Decided to rare pull, and.... My first god. :D Parvati, will fit into my green team well enough. I can't complain. :)

thaOwner

Is it better to do the normal Friday or the expert if I just need rainbow ghosts at the moment? I am not sure how difficult the expert is either.
You can get through the expert mode easily with an Orochi resolve team with a succubus and five star healer thrown in. I've already completed it three times this morning.

Kosh

‎[US] Emerald Dragon Schedule (20 Stamina) 2/1/2013 PST

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to (A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)

A: 12:00 17:00 22:00
B: 8:00 13:00 18:00
C: 9:00 14:00 19:00
D: 10:00 15:00 20:00
E: 11:00 16:00 21:00

raiot

So, spent another stone on stamina and got my white and dark dublit.

Now I have an Underlord Arch Hades (Dark/White) and a Dark Wood Fafnir (Green/Dark).
Decided to take a chance on ADK and got... Mystic blue knight... already have one! :(

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I could use an ADK...But I've got 10 stones and would rather hold out for a time when I feel like I NEED whatever is hitting on the gacha.

raiot

Does anyone know when the green knight dungeon was released in JPN? Maybe they stick to the same release schedule...

This game is starting to hit Puzzle Quest levels of "WTF? FUCK YOU GAME!"

Wanted to boost up my green team, so I figure now was the time to use some stones on Rare pulls.

Fairlio (not only do I have a Farilion, I have another Fairlio already)
Mystic Green Knight (I already have a Dragon Knight, and previously had another MGK)
Dark Golem (I already have a Dark Golem Mk. II, previously had another DG1)
Thanatos (already have him also!)

So 4 dupes, 3 of which I have/had more than 1 copy of. Insane!

So a few runs of Pluto Valley dungeon 1 to get a purple mask, no problem right? Wrong! Oh you brought a red team, because you were too lazy to switch? Have a bunch of light orbs! Oh, now you brought your light team? I hear dark orbs are great for light teams!

Urgh. The orb thing is probably just confirmation bias, me noticing only the orbs I don't need rather than the orbs I need, but there were definitely times I had to take 3 or 4 turns before a single light orb dropped no matter how many orbs I matched.

So frustrating.

raiot

This game is starting to hit Puzzle Quest levels of "WTF? FUCK YOU GAME!"

Wanted to boost up my green team, so I figure now was the time to use some stones on Rare pulls.

Fairlio (not only do I have a Farilion, I have another Fairlio already)
Mystic Green Knight (I already have a Dragon Knight, and previously had another MGK)
Dark Golem (I already have a Dark Golem Mk. II, previously had another DG1)
Thanatos (already have him also!)

So 4 dupes, 3 of which I have/had more than 1 copy of. Insane!

So a few runs of Pluto Valley dungeon 1 to get a purple mask, no problem right? Wrong! Oh you brought a red team, because you were too lazy to switch? Have a bunch of light orbs! Oh, now you brought your light team? I hear dark orbs are great for light teams!

Urgh. The orb thing is probably just confirmation bias, me noticing only the orbs I don't need rather than the orbs I need, but there were definitely times I had to take 3 or 4 turns before a single light orb dropped no matter how many orbs I matched.

So frustrating.

You cannot have enough ADKs!

harrytang

My wife left the Ipad at work. My 48 consecutive day streak is going to end. :O

:twitches:

streak wont end or people would farm the 5 stones at 30 days left and right. maybe the pal and coins reset but you wont reset your total consecutive days. as far as i know that is.

Nista

Anyone have Viper Orochi up? I wanted to try expert Friday dungeon, but all my resolver friends have vanished.

Or what is a proper team comp for using Shiva instead?

Jinko

This is insane. I guess some developers have zero shame...

http://www.towerofsaviors.com/

There's another one that is iOS only, Angel Salvation, which is exactly the same as Puzzle and Dragons, with the exception that the magic stones work differently.

Hmmm more competition the better, might get gungho to reduce their crazy prices on stones.

With any luck tower of saviors is a paid app and not some shitty IAP. Unlikely tho.

You cannot have enough ADKs!
Hm.. what would the point of multiple ADKs over having, say, a few dragons or something with an attack skill be? My Mystic Green Knight isn't anywhere close to max level yet.

Did another pull. Mystic Ice Knight. Guess what I already had?

I swear, I thought this was supposed to be a green event and so far I'm 1/5 on greens at all, let along GOOD greens.

raiot

The ADK itself is a Dragon and has good stats. A Ripper would be better... but constant orb change is not a bad thing either ;)

Radav

Glow worm expert, didn't get a single dub worm drop...

That makes 3 of us. Had the same thing happen to me just now too.

Man, I was really hoping for a god fest today. I've hoarded enough stones that I have 6 shots at the rare gacha machine but I don't wanna take any pulls until they put that increased god chance up again like they did when they did the event for 100k downloads. Oh well, I'll just keep on waiting.

After a couple days of grinding Ice Mechdragon on Adept... I FINALLY GOT THE ICE MECHDRAGON ALDEBARAN!!!!

50 Cost is... quite expensive though. My total team budget is only 53. Nice to have though, I guess.

Nista

Mine is up, ID: 317.248.206

Odd I had you showing as Hades. Maybe later when stamina is back, also got 0 drops on expert.

Though oddly i now have two baby mermaids and a siren. Is it worth skilling and evolving them all up for anything?

MicH

I got two regular glow worms from the expert Friday dungeon.. urgh.. BUT! I did also get the Dub-Mythlit :D But I did want some regular dubliths.

Ronok

Was feeling good so actually bought 12 stones which gave me a total of 3 pulls with my 3 stones I had left from earlier. First pull I got Wood Mech Warrior Asgard, second I got Fafnir, third I got.... Mystic Dark Knight. lol So total for today is Parvati, Wood Mech Warrior, and Faf. If only the game would let me get a healer... ; ; lol

TimeKillr

Hmmm more competition the better, might get gungho to reduce their crazy prices on stones.

With any luck tower of saviors is a paid app and not some shitty IAP. Unlikely tho.

Strangely enough it used to be paid but it's now free with IAP. I checked their prices and they're slightly better than what Gungho charges, but barely.

They have ONE thing that's better, though: when you fuse monsters, you actually see the resulting level and stat changes before doing the fusion. It's super useful (and would probably stop me from needing to go to the wiki and doing math every time I'm doing mass fusions...)

J0dy77

This is insane. I guess some developers have zero shame...

http://www.towerofsaviors.com/

There's another one that is iOS only, Angel Salvation, which is exactly the same as Puzzle and Dragons, with the exception that the magic stones work differently.

I'm all for competition. I love PAD but it has a ton of room for improvement. Competition is a great thing and maybe the next games will be better.

Because I'm a glutton for punishment I kept pulling.

Ice Golem
Dragonette
Light Mech Mk 1

25% rate of getting green during the green event. whatisthisidonteven.gif

Ah well. The Dragonette is at least a green damage dragon, which puts me up to two. Looks like he can eventually be split green/red too. Doesn't make much sense as Green is strong against Blue and Red is weak against Blue, but whatevs. Still works for masks/dragons I guess.

Did some rare pulls, I needed more green guys, what I got:

Mandrake (don't know if good)
Flame Guardian
Drall
Naga

Three flame dudes! What the fuck man. I already have my starter and a red dragon for that. I feel jipped, hopefully I can get at least a lil green dragon from pal pulls. Hate you right now game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom