• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Dragon Guardian is slightly confusing me... all difficulties are 5 battles and 15 stamina? What is this? Usually they get more expensive/more battles as they get harder... Someone please run it and update us how hard/what colours it is! I assume that's the green stone knight dungeon, cool cool.

I just tried it on Expert and it was very easy with an ADK team, I imagine even easier with a red team. Like the light dungeon before, there were 3 Dragon Knights at the boss stage, but they were very easy to defeat and I did get a Mystic Stone Knight drop. Two +1 eggs in the single run as well. Enemies were all wood element and consisted of Earth Knights and Taur Devils (not demons, so quite weak). I imagine there are one, two and three bosses for novice, adept and expert respectively, but I'm not 100% on that. Going to sleep now.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I just tried it on Expert and it was very easy with an ADK team, I imagine even easier with a red team. Like the light dungeon before, there were 3 Dragon Knights at the boss stage, but they were very easy to defeat and I did get a Mystic Stone Knight drop. Two +1 eggs in the single run as well. Enemies were all wood element and consisted of Earth Knights and Taur Devils (not demons, so quite weak).

Sweet, so I'll probably go in with a multiplier and a healer and hope I'll be fine without reduction. Maybe I'll go single reduction for my first run. I have 0 stone nights, so getting one would be much appreciated so I can at least have ONE ADK for a 2xADK team at some point.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Sweet, so I'll probably go in with a multiplier and a healer and hope I'll be fine without reduction. Maybe I'll go single reduction for my first run. I have 0 stone nights, so getting one would be much appreciated so I can at least have ONE ADK for a 2xADK team at some point.

With a two week window you would likely have no problem maxing the orb change skill out on at least one of them, if not two.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
With a two week window you would likely have no problem maxing the orb change skill out on at least one of them, if not two.

Oh right, they're on an orb skill too, sweeeet. Are stone knights the only ones with that skill or is there an easier-to-farm drop, similar to Marine/Siren?

Yaari

Can I add anyone with GED? I run a 85 Ohkami and GED right now most of the time. This Dungeon is EASY and on Facebook someone got 3 Stone Knights in a single run.

I love that he is also a rare encounter.

I am considering skipping my Rare Gacha rolls, and just restore Stamina for this Dungeon instead. If I can do 3 runs per stone, and possibly get a single Knight each time, it will still be more rewarding than rolling and getting crap.

GED users please add 360,045,207 Thanks!

Jinko

Heh got 2 SK's in one run on adept, expert was too much for my light team :(

Seeing everybody pulling Shivas and Viper Orochis yesterday killed me. :( I never pulled the 2 that I wanted and I spent 34 pulls.

I think the worst thing you can do is play the gacha because you want something specific, chances are you won't get it, granted I want an Amu but I know its not likely to happen.
Edit:-- What is a GED ?

I think that I'll spend all my stamina on the next days to get a Dragon Knight. My dragon team need this badly.

But expert is a real pain in the ass. I got the 3 Dragon Knight bosses syncronized, and died when they attacked. I need more hp, the 30% of wood resistance of my dragon is not enought.

Yaari

Heh got 2 SK's in one run on adept, expert was too much for my light team :(

I think the worst thing you can do is play the gacha because you want something specific, chances are you won't get it, granted I want an Amu but I know its not likely to happen.
Edit:-- What is a GED ?

Gravity Earth Dragon. I tried this dungeon without one, and with a Odin but nearly died. But the combination of my Amaterasu Ohkami and GED works great. I outheal the damage, I just need others' GED, because I dont have much people in my friendlist using them.

Kosh

Note: the schedule for group C is right; however, the colored dungeons for others might be different. I'm still working on the mechanism of jewel dragons. Sorry for the inconvenience!

[US] Jewel Dragons (20 Stamina) 2/11/2013 PST

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to (A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)

A: 8:00 Ruby 13:00 Sapphire 18:00 Emerald
B: 9:00 Sapphire 14:00 Emerald 19:00 Ruby
C: 10:00 Emerald 15:00 Ruby 20:00 Sapphire
D: 11:00 Ruby 16:00 Sapphire 21:00 Emerald
E: 12:00 Sapphire 17:00 Emerald 22:00 Ruby

ParityBit

So this game hates me.

I had 4 pulls on my phone last night. I saved up all 20 gems for them. I was too tired to post them though last night, and very disappointed. My iPad is just as bad but I can't remember what junk I got.

Susano
Indra
Machine Golem
Basilisk

Kosh

I went and got some more iTunes cards. Kohl's has $25 cards for $20, at least in my area, ymmv.

I ended up doing 64 pulls yesterday. No Shiva and no Ama. Now I have 4 Orochi though, that's 24 heads laughing at me. This is why I stay away from slot machines. lol

TimeKillr

Gravity Earth Dragon. I tried this dungeon without one, and with a Odin but nearly died. But the combination of my Amaterasu Ohkami and GED works great. I outheal the damage, I just need others' GED, because I dont have much people in my friendlist using them.

Heh, so it means that I should probably put my GED out today...

You're right in that.

What's funny is that everyone wants a Valk - I got a Great Valk (level 30 to boot) last week, so I can't really complain too much I guess.

raiot

So I did a few pulls yesterday. Not half bad!
I got:

Hino Kagutsuchi
Shiva
Vritra
Shaitan
Thanatos
Mermaid (Have a siren)
DRAGON KNIGHT (Yeah, just when the ADK dungeon shows up...)
Shardran
Toytops
Alraune (Already had one)
Cupid
Ivory Dragon Lvl 30
Machine Golem MK 2 Lvl 30

Also got 2 Mythlits, and 2 Dark Dublits from the Pal Machine.

ParityBit

I went and got some more iTunes cards. Kohl's has $25 cards for $20, at least in my area, ymmv.

I ended up doing 64 pulls yesterday. No Shiva and no Ama. Now I have 4 Orochi though, that's 24 heads laughing at me. This is why I stay away from slot machines. lol

64? As in $320 worth of pulls??

Interesting thing to note: PAD disables all menu items and won't let you back out of the pull screen. Accidentally initiated a pal pull thinking it still had a boosted chance for rare evo materials. Tried restarting the app to get out of it but the game dumped a li'l Red dragon in my box anyways. Could have been worse i suppose.

2 pulls of the rare egg machine yesterday and I got a Genie and a Fairlion, both level 30. Are these any good, or worth keeping for a start of a light team?

Kosh

64? As in $320 worth of pulls??

It was $200. I got ten $25 iTunes cards at Kohl's for $20 each, so that's $250 worth of iTunes monopoly money. Bought four of the 85 stone packages at $60, so $240. I splurged a little only because I had 40 hours of overtime at work last week.

ParityBit

It was $200. I got ten $25 iTunes cards at Kohl's for $20 each. I splurged a little only because I had 40 hours of overtime at work last week.

I'm not knocking it! I am jealous :) I just know my luck with this game (see my pulls above) so I am avoiding spending any real cash at the moment. Haha.

Kosh

Can I add anyone with GED? I run a 85 Ohkami and GED right now most of the time. This Dungeon is EASY and on Facebook someone got 3 Stone Knights in a single run.

I love that he is also a rare encounter.

I am considering skipping my Rare Gacha rolls, and just restore Stamina for this Dungeon instead. If I can do 3 runs per stone, and possibly get a single Knight each time, it will still be more rewarding than rolling and getting crap.

GED users please add 360,045,207 Thanks!

I added you. I'll try to keep my GED up as much as I can today while I'm not playing.

harrytang

2 pulls of the rare egg machine yesterday and I got a Genie and a Fairlion, both level 30. Are these any good, or worth keeping for a start of a light team?

i dont know that they the best part of a light team, but the fairlion great for resist and heal at 5* and the genie voids light damage while providing balance in all 3 cats.

even though they not amazing i dont know what you ask about keeping. if even never use dont feed to anything else. just keep em. buy some extra boxes save em or a rainy day when you have nothing else to level.

Radav

So after I spent my entire weekend's worth of stamina farming for marine goblins and only getting 1 skillup I'm less then excited to try and do the same for my ADK with this new dungeon. lol

Jinko

i dont know that they the best part of a light team, but the fairlion great for resist and heal at 5* and the genie voids light damage while providing balance in all 3 cats.

even though they not amazing i dont know what you ask about keeping. if even never use dont feed to anything else. just keep em. buy some extra boxes save em or a rainy day when you have nothing else to level.

Genie voids dark damage but yea she is pretty good, having 2 x HP is the same as having 50% reduction.

So after I spent my entire weekend's worth of stamina farming for marine goblins and only getting 1 skillup I'm less then excited to try and do the same for my ADK with this new dungeon. lol

Yea I would rather level up 2-3 ADKs instead of skilling them up, they should release a potion or something that you can buy with stones to guarantee a skill up. (there is a lot more they can do with this game in terms of IAP, including the addition of different gacha's both for pal pulls and rare pulls)

ToxicAdam

My assault on the normal dungeons finally ended. After a streak of about 20+ consecutive clears I stalled out in the 4th level in the Tower to the Sky. Need to find a dark/light damage reducer.

raiot

My assault on the normal dungeons finally ended. After a streak of about 20+ consecutive clears I stalled out in the 4th level in the Tower to the Sky. Need to find a dark/light damage reducer.
I can lend you my hades if its any help. He will be up in 5 min for next few hours!

Radav

Yea I would rather level up 2-3 ADKs instead of skilling them up, they should release a potion or something that you can buy with stones to guarantee a skill up. (there is a lot more they can do with this game in terms of IAP, including the addition of different gacha's both for pal pulls and rare pulls)

Yeah I completely agree with you. I'd definitely plop down some money for something like that rather then spend hours and hours and come up with nothing.

ParityBit

Any of these really useful?

• Susano
  • Indra
  • Machine Golem
  • Basilisk

Its right there with my Marine Rider pull ...

I will need to post my iPad ones later tonight. Tell you loosing power/heat for over 48 hours puts a damper on things.

anyone else not getting any PAL points pop-ups when they login? Haven't seen any for about 12 hours.

Just seems odd after getting friend spammed yesterday and seeing no pop-ups today.

MicH

anyone else not getting any PAL points pop-ups when they login? Haven't seen any for about 12 hours.

Just seems odd after getting friend spammed yesterday and seeing no pop-ups today.
I get them just fine. No idea what the problem is. You didn't get it at 4 AM either?

Mashing

I just tried it on Expert and it was very easy with an ADK team, I imagine even easier with a red team. Like the light dungeon before, there were 3 Dragon Knights at the boss stage, but they were very easy to defeat and I did get a Mystic Stone Knight drop. Two +1 eggs in the single run as well. Enemies were all wood element and consisted of Earth Knights and Taur Devils (not demons, so quite weak). I imagine there are one, two and three bosses for novice, adept and expert respectively, but I'm not 100% on that. Going to sleep now.

I got a divine mask on the first floor. Dead (wasn't expecting that).

Kosh

I ran each section of the dungeon once and got two out of it. Once you have three knights/adk, the rest is just fodder for skillups. So far, from my experience and what others are saying the drop rate seems pretty decent.

I get them just fine. No idea what the problem is. You didn't get it at 4 AM either?

I'm pretty sure i got the points, but don't recall seeing a popup.

Is your game still in memory when you check on it? Have you tried a hard reboot yet?

I've tried manually ending the process as well and restarting. Guess I'll try rebooting the phone and seeing. Or changing leaders

Gonna attempt the obvious answer: have you played at all between yesterday and today? Apparently if you don't at least enter a dungeon your time counter won't reset.

About half-stamina's worth this morning. I changed Leaders, see if that does anything. I guess the obvious answer would be, my leader hasn't been used. Just seems strange given how things were going yesterday

Thanks for all the help though guys!

Gonna attempt the obvious answer: have you played at all between yesterday and today? Apparently if you don't at least enter a dungeon your time counter won't reset.

seems like there was just no Shiva love. Seems we are all good.

So now that my stamina is gone, are there any 'PAD Clones' that are worth playing in the meantime? Played a little Tower of Saviors, but meh.

Kosh

seems like there was just no Shiva love. Seems we are all good.

So now that my stamina is gone, are there any 'PAD Clones' that are worth playing in the meantime? Played a little Tower of Saviors, but meh.

Shiva will be more helpful for the Wednesday and Friday dungeons.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Can anyone explain to me how to evolve my Plessie like I'm a very small child who uses Simple English Wikipedia?

Shiva will be more helpful for the Wednesday and Friday dungeons.

true. Figured it was worth a shot if people were running a Fire team for the Dragon Guardian dungeon.

I guess since it lasts 2 weeks its not much a priority.

All of a sudden, that Dragon Knight I pulled from the Rare yesterday doesn't look so good....Trolled

Can anyone explain to me how to evolve my Plessie like I'm a very small child who uses Simple English Wikipedia?

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=plessie

You need to acquire a Dragon Seed (basically any of the first 5 dungeons (I believe) and have a Maxed Out Plessie (level up to 15 I believe?). Where are you on those 2?

I'm brutal at explaining things...

ToxicAdam

I've only ever played TOS. It never really gets any better than your first impressions of it.

It's a decent time-filler, with some player-friendly differences to PAD ... but that's about it.

You need to level it up to it's max. Then collect the materials that are required for it's evolution. Then Evolve it through the menu.

You can view what an animal needs to evolve by going through the evolve menu and clicking on that animal. The needed materials will be shown. If there is a question mark in one of the boxes, it means you haven't seen that material yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom