• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

harrytang

big changes posting in the chinese wikia -

8465620974_525dd11f24.jpg

courtesy monk diesel

seems like there was just no Shiva love. Seems we are all good.

So now that my stamina is gone, are there any 'PAD Clones' that are worth playing in the meantime? Played a little Tower of Saviors, but meh.
Japanese version of PAD, duh. There's gonna be some kind of Godfest (they haven't revealed which) on Valentine's Day.

Jinko

I got a divine mask on the first floor. Dead (wasn't expecting that).

Haha I had the same thing happen almost killed him but nope.

Here is a good page on team building. It's mostly endgame, it will at least give you something to shoot for, maybe can be added to the OP.

Team Building

LOL at the 13 x light team Oo .. all I need is a Zeus /sigh

I might try building a healer team now I have a Valkyrie though.

J0dy77

After spending the night puking my guts out with a virus, the Gungho gods decided to be kind.

ugharOfl.jpg

Made me a feel a bit better. Now I need to clear the new expert dungeon, does anyone have a toytops or 50% wood reduction I can borrow?

After spending the night puking my guts out with a virus, the Gungho gods decided to be kind.

Made me a feel a bit better. Now I need to clear the new expert dungeon, does anyone have a toytops or 50% wood reduction I can borrow?[/QUOTE]

how much harder is the expert vs. adept? I was able to run 1.5x attack/hp with a fire team and it was a breeze.

Want to try Expert today, but with the jeweled dragons today...Might have a change of plans

TimeKillr

So I just ran the Emerald dungeon twice (I have 48 max stamina).

So quick question - I got 3 Kings, 1 medium and a few smalls (that I used for pengdras).

Should I level my GED like mad or keep the kings to make an ADK? I have 2 stone knights, one of which is max level already, so I figured one way to go about things was to evolve him (I need a few mats but nothing hard to get) and them power-level him to 70 using my kings + medium + my 4 max evolved pengdras (I don't think I'd reach max level but I would go pretty high!) or should I just add a bunch of XP on my GED? I loooooove my GED, but I think that getting a good ADK would probably be a good bet...

Also, the only lil' dragon I'm missing is the red one - I have a GED, a Holy Dragon, one lil 'blue that needs to evolve and a Dark Dragon. You can pretty much only get the lil dragons through PAL pulls right? I have a Tyrannos but I find him to be lackluster, and his skills are kinda crap.

So quick question - I got 3 Kings, 1 medium and a few smalls (that I used for pengdras).

Should I level my GED like mad or keep the kings to make an ADK? I have 2 stone knights, one of which is max level already, so I figured one way to go about things was to evolve him (I need a few mats but nothing hard to get) and them power-level him to 70 using my kings + medium + my 4 max evolved pengdras (I don't think I'd reach max level but I would go pretty high!) or should I just add a bunch of XP on my GED? I loooooove my GED, but I think that getting a good ADK would probably be a good bet...

depends on the rest of your lineup, but I'd go ADK. Then you can level up the rest of your dragons

Radav

Also, the only lil' dragon I'm missing is the red one - I have a GED, a Holy Dragon, one lil 'blue that needs to evolve and a Dark Dragon. You can pretty much only get the lil dragons through PAL pulls right? I have a Tyrannos but I find him to be lackluster, and his skills are kinda crap.

I'd suggest getting the ADK asap. You have a bunch of dragons you can use in the 2 xADK team. If you ever get a Chaos Dragon Knight you have the makings of the cookie cutter Green/Dark ADK team.

OTIX

Thinking about trying rainbow keeper for the first time tomorrow. I have a dark ripper and my light ripper should be ready by then so that will help with the damage. I'd like to use an Odin helper to speed things up further but I don't have an auto healer to go along with him. My mandrake needs a green divine mask to evolve, is it at all feasible to farm one by tomorrow in Fertile Lands or Gate to Hell? Or does it maybe have a better drop rate in the ADK dungeon?

The other option is to just get a blue ogre and use a siren helper. What do you think?

TimeKillr

depends on the rest of your lineup, but I'd go ADK. Then you can level up the rest of your dragons

I'd suggest getting the ADK asap. You have a bunch of dragons you can use in the 2 xADK team. If you ever get a Chaos Dragon Knight you have the makings of the cookie cutter Green/Dark ADK team.

+1 vote for ADK. It will power up your other dragons and make then hit so much harder

Yeah, that's what I figured.

And Chaos Dragon Knight? I have 4 Mystic Dark Knights, I think I can manage to get a Chaos Dragon Knight or two :)

What's the cookie cutter Green/Dark ADK team? ADKx2 + GED + CDKx2? Do I need a dark Dragon in there too?

Yeah, that's what I figured.

And Chaos Dragon Knight? I have 4 Mystic Dark Knights, I think I can manage to get a Chaos Dragon Knight or two :)

What's the cookie cutter Green/Dark ADK team? ADKx2 + GED + CDKx2? Do I need a dark Dragon in there too?

ADK + CDK + 3 Green/Black Dragons + Friends ADK/CDK I Think. More Dragons the better.

ToxicAdam

Thinking about trying rainbow keeper for the first time tomorrow. I have a dark ripper and my light ripper should be ready by then so that will help with the damage. I'd like to use an Odin helper to speed things up further but I don't have an auto healer to go along with him. My mandrake needs a green divine mask to evolve, is it at all feasible to farm one by tomorrow in Fertile Lands or Gate to Hell? Or does it maybe have a better drop rate in the ADK dungeon?

The other option is to just get a blue ogre and use a siren helper. What do you think?

FWIW, I have run Fertile Lands about 30-40 times (farming Pendgas) and have never had a divine mask drop. Seen them quite a few times, though.

Resolve + Healer is probably the best option for the Expert keeper dungeon. Just be careful in the early rounds as the knights can screw you up if they are on the same timer.

Decided not to pull during the God event. I rolled decent on my alts, though. Downside was that it basically took the whole day before I landed something I felt was good enough to go with. I think I'll hold off on pulls until after we get an update, whenever the hell that may be.

I feel I've got a decent roster of monsters now. I'm really glad I rolled a baby valk with some stones I had saved up during this Lunar New Year promotion. With a little more time, I'll have a Valk 6.25 team going. I just need a Lilith, and I'll be straight with that. I'm still missing the Lil' Blue dragon, but the rest of them are SO close to max level, and I have all the evo materials farmed up. Great timing with this ADK dungeon because I need one badly.

Damn, I'm hyped for an update.

OTIX

FWIW, I have run Fertile Lands about 30-40 times (farming Pendgas) and have never had a divine mask drop. Seen them quite a few times, though.

Resolve + Healer is probably the best option for the Expert keeper dungeon. Just be careful in the early rounds as the knights can screw you up if they are on the same timer.
Yeah, I guess I'll have to go with resolve. It just seems like Odin + Healer would be a lot safer in the early rounds and just as safe for the boss rounds, but much faster.

OK this mystic stone knight dungeon is really out for me. I have run the expert dungeon 8 or 9 times today so far, plenty of knights showing up in the dungeon before the dragon knight boss, and no drops.

At least I already have an ADK, but it is frustrating in how unlucky I have been the last few days.

J0dy77

how much harder is the expert vs. adept? I was able to run 1.5x attack/hp with a fire team and it was a breeze.

Want to try Expert today, but with the jeweled dragons today...Might have a change of plans

I run a siren leader with and ADK friend and fly right through it. You have to be able to burn the knights quickly and have enough to auto heal the bosses. The knights I would think are the hardest part if you don't have the damage.

speaking of....is there any rumors of a US update anytime soon? Seems we are pretty behind

I haven't read or heard much. Best I've seen is the usual "we are working on an update, and we are excited" pitch from GungHo US.

OK this mystic stone knight dungeon is really out for me. I have run the expert dungeon 8 or 9 times today so far, plenty of knights showing up in the dungeon before the dragon knight boss, and no drops.

At least I already have an ADK, but it is frustrating in how unlucky I have been the last few days.

:\ I feel your pain, man. The egg has a chance to drop from the end bosses, right?

J0dy77

I've got GED up. 390,030,292

I think the number is wrong. I tried it twice and got a level 20 starter dragon with no friends.

Edit: Gravitron makes this dungeon really easy. First time I tried I got unlucky with all ADK being on the same timer.

I put the update sometime before April. Any longer and they're going to start bleeding players. I think they're holding out because there's still a lot of monsters that people don't have from the current batch. Once more people start getting enough of the current batch of monsters, then we'll see an update.

Keep in mind that in terms of content / time on market, we'er way ahead of Japan. They didn't have as much stuff as we do currently after it had been out in Japan for 3 months.

I put the update sometime before April. Any longer and they're going to start bleeding players. I think they're holding out because there's still a lot of monsters that people don't have from the current batch. Once more people start getting enough of the current batch of monsters, then we'll see an update.

Keep in mind that in terms of content / time on market, we'er way ahead of Japan. They didn't have as much stuff as we do currently after it had been out in Japan for 3 months.

That's true. Gonna hoard some stones until then.

It is supposed to be able to drop from the boss. Even still I have had the stone knight pop up in random battles as well, each time I get trolled from the second to last enemy to die.

Yessir. Happened to me twice out of the two runs I've had so far. It's still early for this one, though. Gonna save up some stamina for the Jewel Dragon dungeons. I'm bent on evolving my fire and grass rippers today.

edit: d'oh! Emerald dungeon is over already. Oh well. Fire ripper for sure, then!

This answered part of my question. Also does the dragon knight drop at the end?

Yes, they can drop mystic stone knight.

They can also drop the evolved Mystic Stone Knight (Dragon Knight), but not the Ancient Dragon Knight. It's weird that it can drop an evolved one though, don't think I've ever seen that happen in the other dungeons, but it happened to a guy I know

Kosh

I think the number is wrong. I tried it twice and got a level 20 starter dragon with no friends.

Edit: Gravitron makes this dungeon really easy. First time I tried I got unlucky with all ADK being on the same timer.

Sorry, it's 393,030,292

Nista

So I have backed up files for my phone to start with either a Valkyrie, Lakshmi, or Shiva. Which one should I go with as a helper account for my main one?

So I have backed up files for my phone to start with either a Valkyrie, Lakshmi, or Shiva. Which one should I go with as a helper account for my main one?

In order for a "helper" account to work, you have to continually login and play, otherwise the "helper" will not appear in your friends list.

So unless you are going to be using two different devices, having a second account is not really an easy option.

as to which of the three you should use? Shiva or Valkyrie, one of those two. Leave Lakshmi out of the discussion.

Merits of Shiva: easier to assemble "Gimmick" dungeon team, a pretty good helper God as well. Not as "in demand" as we originally thought from PAL pulls

Merits of Valkyrie: Healer team requires her (team consisting of the primary healers: Siren, Echidna, Lillith, & another Siren/Echidna/Lillith), pretty useful as well. Pal Demand unknown.

What's ADK people keep referring to?
Ancient Dragon Knight, the full EVO of the Mystic Stone Knight. Currently Farmable in the Dragon Guardian dungeon. One of the best monsters you can easily attain from a dungeon. Leader skill: 2.5x attack for all Dragon type monsters

ToxicAdam

This team setup has really helped me rip through a lot of normal dungeons (went from Lava River to Tower to the Sky in one night):

Green Odin leader

Siren
Enchilada
Rainbow Keeper
xxx (Any ripper)

Toy Dragons (Dual damage reducer) helper

My HPs are around 10-11k (depending on the helper) and my RCV at about 1600-1700. You have the ability to swap orbs>hearts with Siren and the Toy Dragon. You get 50% damage reduction with 2 colors on top of Odin's 80% damage reduction. Then you get two bailout skills with Echilada's menace (which delays an enemy's attack by 3 turns) and the Rainbow Keeper's half-damage skill. Which pretty much negates any chance of losing to 4 enemies on the same timer.

With Odin's ability and the high RCV, you only need to make a single match to get your HPs back to full after single hits.

The only downside of course is that you aren't dealing a lot of damage and fights can go a bit longer. But, it's a good trade-off to almost never getting wiped out and losing stamina.

Yaari

Took 3 more pulls, since I thought my odds would be better for Valk. Ended up with Dragon Rider (3 now), Naga and Blue Dragon. Not a single Light.

I'll just save that bunch of stones and get myself through some high dungeon in a really cheap way. It will feel more rewarding than that Gacha pulling.

How many Stone Knights did everyone get today? I managed to get 6. Could be worse, but definitely going to need to step it up if I want to get those skills maxed.

Took 3 more pulls, since I thought my odds would be better for Valk. Ended up with Dragon Rider (3 now), Naga and Blue Dragon. Not a single Light.

I'll just save that bunch of stones and get myself through some high dungeon in a really cheap way. It will feel more rewarding than that Gacha pulling.

How many Stone Knights did everyone get today? I managed to get 6. Could be worse, but definitely going to need to step it up if I want to get those skills maxed.

I got like 5, but I'm so behind on levelling that for now I'm just going to spend all my stones refilling stamina to farm pengdras and do colored dragon dungeons to level up stuff. When Dragon Guardian goes on 2x drop rate, then i'll just spam that until i'm done. i currently have 1 ADK at Lv. 4, so he only has 1 level to go, then i'll max a second one and keep him for a rainy day. But I still have Zeus, Valkyrie, Ice Mech, Light Mech, Wind Mech, Shiva, and Green Odin to level up / evolve, so really need to concentrate on that unless there's a specific 2x drop event going on for the ADK dungeon

ParityBit

So quick advice please. What should I level up? I need to clean up box space on my iPad account. This is my major players/levels.

Minerva 18
FireDragon Tyrannos 12
Red Dragon 1

Siren the Enchantress 61
Aurora Dragon 69
Mermaid 7
Plesiel 9

ADK 30
Toycertops 13
Green Dragon 1
Brachio 1

Amaterasu 30
Sundragon Pterados 54
Valkyrie 30
Angel 1
Holy Dragon 21
Mystic Light Knight 5

Moondragon D'spinas 58
Vampire 4

For levelig material refrence:

1 King Ruby; 2 High Ruby; 1 Ruby Pengdra
1 King Sapphire; 1 High Sapphire; 3 Sapphire Pengdra
2 King Emerald; 1 High Emerald;
3 King Gold

Beat Expert 5 times, but only got 1 Stone Knight from the first completion. Didn't get a skill-up. My primary ADK's skill is currently at 3. I'd like to max that out as well as my second ADK's. Does anyone remember if the Light Knight dungeon ever got a 2x event?

I've spent way too much money on the god event. The only 2 gods I didn't get that I wanted were Hades and Neptune, but I can live with that. I stopped pulling when I finally got Viper Orochi. I'm done with rare pulls until GungHo adds new monsters worth pulling for. On the one hand, it sucks that I spent so much money, but on the other hand I'm relieved to no longer have that itch to do a rare pull. My wallet is safe for now. It would be nice to fill the monster book, but realizing how much I spent just to have what I currently have, that's pretty much a pipe dream.

I was also pleased to get several nice pulls from the Pal machine yesterday. Among some of the pulls were several Dublits including the Rainbow One, a Mythlit, Rainbow/Dark/Light Keepers, several Divine Masks, and a Dragon Fruit.

Side note to whoever was debating on which direction to evolve their Neptune in: I just realized that Water/Light Neptune is the only monster that has 50% damage reduction to Water/Light. On the other hand, Water/Dark reduction can also be had in the more common Drawn Joker monster. It's enough to tip it in favor of Water/Light Neptune in my personal opinion.

Minerva 18
FireDragon Tyrannos 12
Red Dragon 1

Siren the Enchantress 61
Aurora Dragon 69
Mermaid 7
Plesiel 9

ADK 30
Toycertops 13
Green Dragon 1
Brachio 1

Amaterasu 30
Sundragon Pterados 54
Valkyrie 30
Angel 1
Holy Dragon 21
Mystic Light Knight 5

Moondragon D'spinas 58
Vampire 4

Try to get the bolded stuff up to at least level 35-40 of its final form before you worry about the rest of your monsters

atlantos

Neo Member
Ancient Dragon Knight, the full EVO of the Mystic Stone Knight. Currently Farmable in the Dragon Guardian dungeon. One of the best monsters you can easily attain from a dungeon. Leader skill: 2.5x attack for all Dragon type monsters

Thanks... I got a stone knight now... Just have to level it a lot more I guess... I got lots of dragons as well... Question though... If you are building a dragon team... It is a full on attack team and how do they fair in a tougher dungeons? What I am finding is that on tougher dungeons, without elemental resist and a good healer, straight attacks do not tend to work.. May be my dragons still need a bit more levelling... I don't know.

Thanks... I got a stone knight now... Just have to level it a lot more I guess... I got lots of dragons as well... Question though... If you are building a dragon team... It is a full on attack team and how do they fair in a tougher dungeons? What I am finding is that on tougher dungeons, without elemental resist and a good healer, straight attacks do not tend to work.. May be my dragons still need a bit more levelling... I don't know.

You kill things very fast. so unless you are going into a dungeon that is opposite element (typically Fire dungeons give me difficulty) you can steamroll them without issue.

ADK teams are very, VERY efficient for farming Pengdras. Since you are leveling dragons for this team, you are also leveling up your own resist dragons for those more difficult technicals.

I run ADK, Siren, a Mechdragon, a Ripper dragon, and a lower cost dragon (either D'spinas to match with Chaos Devil dragon, or Pteras to match with Holy Lightening dragon and Noble Mechdragon) I don't have quite the Team cost to run multiple Mech dragons yet. I use the helper leader spot for either a resist dragon (for fire dungeons) or another ADK.

The Siren helps keep me healed because she has a couple of skill ups, and ADK have a pretty decent RCV for a dragon.

MicH

FINALLY evolved my Volcano dragon into a Meteor Volcano Dragon! YEAH! Now I just need to get ahold of the blue and green dragons :( Why do they evade me still!

atlantos

Neo Member
You kill things very fast. so unless you are going into a dungeon that is opposite element (typically Fire dungeons give me difficulty) you can steamroll them without issue.

ADK teams are very, VERY efficient for farming Pengdras. Since you are leveling dragons for this team, you are also leveling up your own resist dragons for those more difficult technicals.

I run ADK, Siren, a Mechdragon, a Ripper dragon, and a lower cost dragon (either D'spinas to match with Chaos Devil dragon, or Pteras to match with Holy Lightening dragon and Noble Mechdragon) I don't have quite the Team cost to run multiple Mech dragons yet. I use the helper leader spot for either a resist dragon (for fire dungeons) or another ADK.

The Siren helps keep me healed because she has a couple of skill ups, and ADK have a pretty decent RCV for a dragon.

Thanks for the info.. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom