• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
10 tries and no knights. Then, the eleventh try...

8468387010_cafd5cffd4.jpg

Not bad.

Radav

Heh, when are we guna get an update :( ?

There is no sense in why we are even behind JP, its not like there is a lot of localisation work in this game.

Yeah, completely agree. I'd be curious to know what the real reason is behind them not having us on the same version as Japan. If it was getting downloaded here millions of times a week would they be more apt to get us up to speed?

ccbfan

Whats the drop rate of 2x Rainbow keeper?

I ran it twice and got it to drop once.

I'll probably run this all day since its metal dragon day.

At least it only takes me 15 minutes per run (The first time I did a rainbow keeper dungeon it took me 2 hours) with

Siren
Noble mech
Lightning holy
Gravitation Earth
Chaos Devil
Odin helper

Pretty brainless. Charge with single match(combos that too long), nuke repeat.

anyone have an english translation of the features and monsters in PAD v 5.0 just released?
New monsters - Japanese warlords, Greek gods
New technical dungeon (I think)
Buffs to various monsters
Following an update a few months ago where you could manage up to five teams at once, you can now select which team you want to use on the final pre-dungeon confirmation screen
Game now asks if you're at least 20 years old on the magic stone purchase screen, and if you answer no it asks you to clear it with your parents first (lol)
Max box size is now 500
Max friend list size is now 150
Some other crap I can't read because I don't actually know how to read Japanese

Also, PAD is nearing its one year anniversary in Japan... crazy how one game has made GungHo now worth more money than Zynga.
I never did rainbow keeper. You guys think I could do it with my monsters?

l842AEz.jpg
You need both a 5* healer girl and a Resolve monster; one of them needs to be set as friend leader. Resolve dudes are semi-common dungeon drops.

OTIX

Managed to clear the ADK dungeon with an Odin but it was real dicey since I don't have an evolved healer just yet. If anyone has 50% green reduction up I'd love an invite.

ToxicAdam

Yeah, completely agree. I'd be curious to know what the real reason is behind them not having us on the same version as Japan. If it was getting downloaded here millions of times a week would they be more apt to get us up to speed?

This is kind of status quo with all the Eastern freemium games I have played. The U.S. is usually 6-12 months behind and never, ever gets all the content. At some point the ROI doesn't make sense for them. Occasionally, they never even release a single update (some gPotato games I have played).

The only upside is that no game I have ever played has been attached to a company as successful as GungHo is. So, that is something to be hopeful about.

Jinko

I can understand us not getting some of the special event stuff like the Famitsu mascot, but I would have thought that bringing the Square Enix/Final Fantasy stuff to the US would actually increase sales, unless they have some deal with SE thats its JP onry.

As far as I know there hasn't even been any word on an update so I can't see one happening any time soon.

This is kind of status quo with all the Eastern freemium games I have played. The U.S. is usually 6-12 months behind and never, ever gets all the content. At some point the ROI doesn't make sense for them. Occasionally, they never even release a single update (some gPotato games I have played).

The only upside is that no game I have ever played has been attached to a company as successful as GungHo is. So, that is something to be hopeful about.

They must have not checked out Xelios and the rest of GAF. haha

I can understand us not getting some of the special event stuff like the Famitsu mascot, but I would have thought that bringing the Square Enix/Final Fantasy stuff to the US would actually increase sales, unless they have some deal with SE thats its JP onry.

As far as I know there hasn't even been any word on an update so I can't see one happening any time soon.

or add more IAP. Stones are one thing, but with the rate being awful...there isn't much incentive to drop small amounts of coin on the game. Go big or go home

edit : I got my half-redux/ripper GED up for now. Kyle@GAF in the spreadsheet

Yay, just got my first keeper of rainbow. Used a pretty simple team, blue ogre + siren helper, light and dark rippers and two random monsters. Charged up rippers to clear waves 2-3 instantly. I didn't even try to attack the bosses, I just made any matches at the top of the screen as fast as possible to charge up the rippers. Whole dungeon took about 40 minutes. Also I discovered that your skill cooldowns won't go down if you don't make a match that turn, so you can't speed it up that way.

I might go again, he's the strongest monster I have at the moment. :)

Edit: Quick question, I've been putting +1 HP on my dark ripper and +1 ATK on my Fafnir since his skill is ATK based but its kind of a bad skill anyway. Do you think I should start putting +1 ATK on my light ripper or maybe my green lil dragon instead? Seems like I might get more use out of those down the line.

Would like to try the rainbow keeper. I can do an ogre and siren leader combo, but I only have a green ripper (I think I can evolve volcano to the last form). What should I fill in for the other two spots?

Narras

Is there a number of Rainbow Keepers I should keep around? I only have one that I got today. The only monsters I have that need one to evolve are my Ice Guardian and Beast Rider. I don't think I need more at the moment since I'm more focused on my dragons and trying to get an ADK.

Rainbow Keepers work great as party members due to their actually decent stats. So yeah worth keeping one or two around just to fill holes in your party.

ToxicAdam

Is there a number of Rainbow Keepers I should keep around? I only have one that I got today. The only monsters I have that need one to evolve are my Ice Guardian and Beast Rider. I don't think I need more at the moment since I'm more focused on my dragons and trying to get an ADK.

I wouldn't bother. Also, don't waste your lone Rainbow Keeper on evolving either of those pets as their evolved forms aren't much of an improvement.

The only thing to consider is that you might not get on x2 drop chance on the Keeper dungeon for quite awhile. It is a pain to run the dungeon and not get drops.

hm. So the Dragon Guardian dungeon, even dropped Dragon Knights show up as Mystic Stone Knights?

That seems kind of lame. Thought I got a Dragon Knight to drop.

Radav

The only thing to consider is that you might not get on x2 drop chance on the Keeper dungeon for quite awhile. It is a pain to run the dungeon and not get drops.

If you can swing it I'd suggest following this advice. Take advantage of the increased drop rate on this week's daily dungeons. You might need to increase your box space but in the end I think it's worth it to not have to spend a day running these dungeons trying to get that 1 thing you need to drop.

OTIX

Would like to try the rainbow keeper. I can do an ogre and siren leader combo, but I only have a green ripper (I think I can evolve volcano to the last form). What should I fill in for the other two spots?
The other spots don't really matter, the rippers can take down the bosses by themselves. As long as your healer can get you above 70% health in three rounds you can't lose. If you have two rippers you can charge them up on the first wave and use them to clear waves 2 and 3, or you can simply kill those knights manually if you have a strong team.

Edit: Actually with that team I wouldn't advice taking on wave 2-3, they're kinda tough. Just charge up the rippers and clear them the easy way.

J0dy77

Xel if you're around, mind throwing up your Ammy so I can run through Rainbow. Need to pick up another one with 2x drop rate.

I had a good morning on the 2x rate, got a green, blue, 2 light and a dark in 2 runs. Finally got to evolve my Chaos dragon. So close on my meteor.

Edit: I'm also done with the Rare egg machine outside of a god fest again. Pulled a fairlion this morning, very underwhelming. I know it has long term benefit but really doesn't get me excited.

harrytang

New monsters - Japanese warlords, Greek gods
New technical dungeon (I think)
Buffs to various monsters
Following an update a few months ago where you could manage up to five teams at once, you can now select which team you want to use on the final pre-dungeon confirmation screen
Game now asks if you're at least 20 years old on the magic stone purchase screen, and if you answer no it asks you to clear it with your parents first (lol)
Max box size is now 500
Max friend list size is now 150
Some other crap I can't read because I don't actually know how to read Japanese

Also, PAD is nearing its one year anniversary in Japan... crazy how one game has made GungHo now worth more money than Zynga.

thanks! this is great. hope other territories catch up soon.

Selner

So, the Godfest thing on Sunday was not great for me. I have yet to buy any stones, but I hoarded a couple of free ones and got a single pull. Which gave me the Toytops. I've used it as a Friend a couple times, so it's ok.

Really, really need some sort of real healer though. I've been making do with the Echidna I got early one but she's not a "real" healer.

Where's the earliest place you can try and farm for a drop of one of the healer girls?
I'm currently at Sea Cave Mecury, but I can probably blow through it pretty quickly. I should probably do that anyway, so I can get to wherever it is that Pengdras drop.

I also currently have Lil Red, Drall and Pterados all maxed out. Just need evo mats for them. Need three Dragon Plants and some Lits I think. Also need cash. I managed to blow through my cash savings leveling up some other monsters.

I've also been bouncing back and forth betwee PAD and Tower of Saviors. I really prefer the menus on TOS. I am the worst at moving the Monster Box, it keeps thinking I'm clicking on monsters.

I would say Odin+Healer and 4 rippers is the best way . But not everyone has access to that setup, so Resolve is the second best option.

Actually the BEST way is odin+healer, zeus, sea deity neptune, and 2 rippers. Neptunes poison does more DoT than rippers, youre talking about like 5k / turn compared to 20k / 20 turns

suko_32

Ran Keepers Light and Rainbow today for the first time with evolved siren + Odin and got 2 light keepers, 1 blue, and 1 rainbow. Not too shabby. The rainbow dungeon took forever since most of the time I was only doing 1 damage to the boss. Odin's skill and Neptune's poison helped a lot.

The other spots don't really matter, the rippers can take down the bosses by themselves. As long as your healer can get you above 70% health in three rounds you can't lose. If you have two rippers you can charge them up on the first wave and use them to clear waves 2 and 3, or you can simply kill those knights manually if you have a strong team.

Edit: Actually with that team I wouldn't advice taking on wave 2-3, they're kinda tough. Just charge up the rippers and clear them the easy way.

Thanks for the advice. Is it better to limit the number of colors? And by charging up, do you mean to just make little matches and draw out the 1st wave so the rippers are ready for 2-3?

ParityBit

Actually the BEST way is odin+healer, zeus, sea deity neptune, and 2 rippers. Neptunes poison does more DoT than rippers, youre talking about like 5k / turn compared to 20k / 20 turns

Hey you got any suggestions for my droid team? I posted on the previous page :) You gave me great advice on my iPad team yesterday so I started that.

xCobalt

I think I saw someone running a light team and took it down in a few turns. I think Genie was on the team and was able to nullify the dark damage.

OK, since I got good help with my iPad team .... could I get some advice on what to level with my Droid team? I can also go farm some stuff (like lil's) if suggested.

FireDragon Tyrannos 26

Plesios 28

Wind Dragon Canopus 4
Marine Rider 20
Susano 6
Toyceratops 23
Mystic Stone Knight 4
Green Dragon 11
Brachio 9

Amaterasu Ohkami 36 (not until about 50 that she starts becoming a powerhouse)
Indra 30
Angel 1
Holy Dragon 1
Machine Golem 6

Basilisk 5
Devil Dragon 45

Leveling Mats :
1 King Ruby; 3 Ruby Pengdra
2 High Sapphire; 4 Sapphire Pengdra
1 King Emerald; 1 High Emerald; 3 Emerald Pengdra
3 King Gold

Level those first. As a general rule of thumb, rippers (lil' X dragons) and 2x ADK will take you through most dungeons, so always level those first if you have them.

OTIX

Thanks for the advice. Is it better to limit the number of colors? And by charging up, do you mean to just make little matches and draw out the 1st wave so the rippers are ready for 2-3?
Yes and yes. Having fewer colours makes it easier to charge up without killing the enemies, although you may want to kill one of the knights in the first wave if you can't keep up with the healing.

ParityBit

Level those first. As a general rule of thumb, rippers (lil' X dragons) and 2x ADK will take you through most dungeons, so always level those first if you have them.

OK will do. Need to decide if I should upgrade my green dragon or the ADK first?

Also when people say they have 4x rippers. Do they mean 4 of the SAME color, or like one of each?

OK will do. Need to decide if I should upgrade my green dragon or the ADK first?

Also when people say they have 4x rippers. Do they mean 4 of the SAME color, or like one of each?

I would level the ADK first. Will make the rest of your dragons that much stronger.

I would assume 1 of each color. 4x same color would be...damn

I think I saw someone running a light team and took it down in a few turns. I think Genie was on the team and was able to nullify the dark damage.

As an experiment, I just counted the number of rounds it took to take down Rainbow Keeper with the following team:

onKazMel.jpg

It took 40 turns. There were a couple of easy things that would have made it go faster:

1) 2x light ripper instead of 1 light 1 dark. I'm going to run noble mechdragon a few more times to get another one so I can level him up. Sadly I had multiple of them before and threw them awya, but now I realize that 2x of each color is probably not a bad thing.

2) Noble Mechdragon insetad of Verche. I already have him, just need to level him.

3) More levels all around + evolving Zeus. That would do more damage inherently, plus it would increase the damage of Gungnir.

4) It's hard to say whether Neptune would have sped things up or slowed things down. I believe he does 5x his ATK every round so if he's doing 5k / round he would have done 5k x 40 = 200k damage over the course of a 40 turn fight. That's about 25% of the boss's HP, or 25% = 10 turns worth of damage, on average. Hard to say, but I think he would have sped things up. I suppose given that maybe the next team I would try to test is:

Odin + Amaterasu leaders
Noble Mech
Awoken Zeus
Sea Deity Neptune
Light Ripper

Once I evolve my Zeus I'll give this a try

MicH

I'm 2 for 2 on Rainbow Keeper. Very nice! Now gonna focus on Noble Mech and Dragon Guardian. I still haven't gotten that stupid Noble mech :(

Just checked some of the changes in 5.0, and it looks like they added active skills to the base level toy dragons. That makes all the duplicates from rare pulls easier to use for skill-ups, since you don't have to evolve them first. Too bad we likely won't see it for months, if ever.

@xCobalt, I wondered about brute-forcing Rainbow Keeper before, but never gave it much thought, since I didn't have the monsters to pull it off. I might, now. Genie actually would be a great fit for a 4x ATK Light team. Going even more aggressive, I think the best team would be 5 Awoken Zeus, and a Thor the God of Lightning. 5 Zeus skill activations would get it down to around 100K HP, and Thor's skill combined with dual Zeus leaders would boost everyone's ATK to 13.5x. It would be a 1-shot overkill even with only a single 3 Light orb match.

Hoping someone has a Siren up, but here is what I am looking at for a Rainbow run:

Blazing Ice Ogre (leader)
Meteor Volcano Dragon
Graviton Earth Dragon
Neptune

That leaves me with 8 points left. I have already got three colors going so I think I should try to limit my choice to something from one of those. Echidna? Undine? Berserk?

mercviper

Just checked some of the changes in 5.0, and it looks like they added active skills to the base level toy dragons. That makes all the duplicates from rare pulls easier to use for skill-ups, since you don't have to evolve them first. Too bad we likely won't see it for months, if ever.

@xCobalt, I wondered about brute-forcing Rainbow Keeper before, but never gave it much thought, since I didn't have the monsters to pull it off. I might, now. Genie actually would be a great fit for a 4x ATK Light team. Going even more aggressive, I think the best team would be 5 Awoken Zeus, and a Thor the God of Lightning. 5 Zeus skill activations would get it down to around 100K HP, and Thor's skill combined with dual Zeus leaders would boost everyone's ATK to 13.5x. It would be a 1-shot overkill even with only a single 3 Light orb match.

But what do you do if you get a light keeper in round 4?

Selner

Lil Green just popped out of the Pal Machine, woo.

I now have:
Aurora Dragon
Lil Green
Lil Red (two now, PAL just gave me #2)
Pterados
D'spinas

Also have Dragon Knight and Mystic Stone Knight.

So at some point in the future I'll be rocking the whole ripper thing. It's just going to be awhile....

Lil Green just popped out of the Pal Machine, woo.

I now have:
Aurora Dragon
Lil Green
Lil Red (two now, PAL just gave me #2)
Pterados
D'spinas

Also have Dragon Knight and Mystic Stone Knight.

So at some point in the future I'll be rocking the whole ripper thing. It's just going to be awhile....

Those aren't rippers...pretty sure they are the starter dragons for light and dark. Holy Dragon and Devil Dragon are the light and dark rippers.

OTIX

Hoping someone has a Siren up, but here is what I am looking at for a Rainbow run:

Meteor Volcano Dragon
Graviton Earth Dragon
Neptune

That leaves me with 8 points left. I have already got three colors going so I think I should try to limit my choice to something from one of those. Echidna? Undine? Berserk?
You have a great team already, anything will be fine. Just be careful not to go too high on HP, the Siren must be able to autoheal 70% of your health every 3 rounds.

Selner

Those aren't rippers...pretty sure they are the starter dragons for light and dark. Holy Dragon and Devil Dragon are the light and dark rippers.

Doh, you're right. They still have a decent area attack though, even if it's not a "ripper" level attack.

I haven't even seen Lil White or Lil Black.

TimeKillr

Meteor Volcano Dragon
Graviton Earth Dragon
Neptune

My Siren The Enchanter is always up (and will give you enough life to survive with a resolve).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom