• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owzers

Whats the drop rate of 2x Rainbow keeper?

I ran it twice and got it to drop once.

I'll probably run this all day since its metal dragon day.

At least it only takes me 15 minutes per run (The first time I did a rainbow keeper dungeon it took me 2 hours) with

Siren
Noble mech
Lightning holy
Gravitation Earth
Chaos Devil
Odin helper

Pretty brainless. Charge with single match(combos that too long), nuke repeat.

Tried Rainbow keeper for the first time with something similar to that, strolled to victory and got the drop. Now i have to get a pesky mystic stone knight that refuses to drop for me. Disappointed i didn't get the light mech dragon drop when i beat it on master Xo. I don't know if i will get lucky again on that one with the dragon's 6k attack skill and constant double strikes

But what do you do if you get a light keeper in round 4?
I was just thinking about a maximum damage party, but you obviously don't need to utilize all the skills at once, and might not even need them at all to take down the Rainbow Keeper before it even gets a chance to attack. You have have a party full of Light gods hitting with an 18x ATK bonus taking weakness into consideration. If we assume an average of 1200ATK per monster, that's 130K base party damage off a single 3 orb match. Get a good combo going and you could still one-shot the Rainbow Keeper without using any skills. So, you can afford to use some skills on the Light Keeper if you run into one.

Ferrio

Banned
Fighting a Rainbow keeper right now.. don't even know why I don't need him.. but hell this fight takes forever. No way he's taking me down (ookami + odin), but god damn I wish I had a poison skill.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
New monsters - Japanese warlords, Greek gods
New technical dungeon (I think)
Buffs to various monsters
Following an update a few months ago where you could manage up to five teams at once, you can now select which team you want to use on the final pre-dungeon confirmation screen
Game now asks if you're at least 20 years old on the magic stone purchase screen, and if you answer no it asks you to clear it with your parents first (lol)
Max box size is now 500
Max friend list size is now 150
Some other crap I can't read because I don't actually know how to read Japanese

So this is for Japan? Meaning we'll get it late this year if we're lucky? Ugh, I want that extra 50 friends, would save me so much stress.

Jinko

I was just thinking about a maximum damage party, but you obviously don't need to utilize all the skills at once, and might not even need them at all to take down the Rainbow Keeper before it even gets a chance to attack. You have have a party full of Light gods hitting with an 18x ATK bonus taking weakness into consideration. If we assume an average of 1200ATK per monster, that's 130K base party damage off a single 3 orb match. Get a good combo going and you could still one-shot the Rainbow Keeper without using any skills. So, you can afford to use some skills on the Light Keeper if you run into one.

Hmmm now lets come back down to earth for a second and figure out how many weeks/months it would take to farm a party of Zeus's. :p

Doing the Rainbow dungeon with red/gree Ogre, MVD, GED, Neptune, Stone Knight, and a Siren the Enchantress. Had no problems until fight 4 - this light guy is taking forever. I've beat plenty of them before...ah, on expert. This is a different level. OK, I guess the strategy is to just keep plugging away at him? And then I imagine the rainbow keeper is much the same? How are some of you doing this in under an hour (or two)???

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
With the 2x drop now is definitely the time to get your rainbow keepers.

lordcyno

Doing the Rainbow dungeon with red/gree Ogre, MVD, GED, Neptune, Stone Knight, and a Siren the Enchantress. Had no problems until fight 4 - this light guy is taking forever. I've beat plenty of them before...ah, on expert. This is a different level. OK, I guess the strategy is to just keep plugging away at him? And then I imagine the rainbow keeper is much the same? How are some of you doing this in under an hour (or two)???

Just make matches as fast as you can to charge skills and let your rippers skills do the damage.

So this is for Japan? Meaning we'll get it late this year if we're lucky? Ugh, I want that extra 50 friends, would save me so much stress.

Maybe I'm just being optimistic, but if this is really 5.0 as opposed to another 4.x, then maybe that could explain why they've been holding out on us. They did say at one point that they were going to do one massive update for US that gave us everything at once, so if 5.0 has been in the works, then they could have been waiting until after that so they could bring us up to 5.0 rather than bring us up to the latest 4.x then have us complaining AGAIN after JP got 5.0

wow this Rainbow dungeon is going to take forever. I'm at the Light Keeper and hes taking for-freaking ever. Given I'm running an incredibly under-powered team, doesn't look like i'll be dieing

Ogre
Aurora Dragon
GED
Volcano Dragon
Holy Dragon
Xelios' Ammy

See you guys tomorrow...

wow this Rainbow dungeon is going to take forever. I'm at the Light Keeper and hes taking for-freaking ever. Given I'm running an incredibly under-powered team, doesn't look like i'll be dieing

Ogre
Aurora Dragon
GED
Volcano Dragon
Holy Dragon
Xelios' Ammy

See you guys tomorrow...

Ouch. Yea, the rippers aren't worth taking unless they are in their fully evolved form. First time I did it it took me about 1h 40 minutes. When you rank up some more and get some more team cost, and evolve all of those rippers, you'll be amazed at how much faster it will go. Probably will cut the time in half or better

ccbfan

Ogre
Aurora Dragon
GED
Volcano Dragon
Holy Dragon
Xelios' Ammy

See you guys tomorrow...

Do you have any Mech dragons? Noble would be best but any would be OK.

I'd go

Orge
GED
Noble Mech dragon
Ammy.

Charge GED and Mech in round 1.
Nuke round 2
Nuke round 3
fast match and nuke round 4 (I think this will always be a light or dark keep)
fast match and nuke round 5

I might be regretting taking Siren instead of Archangel or Ammy. If I can get through this I will probably try again (though I also want to hit the red and blue at least once more as well).

Ferrio

Banned
"I survived the Rainbow Keeper dungeon and all I got was this lousy Light Keeper and a T-Shirt".

Got me a rainbow keeper, though have nothing to use him on.

Besides tiamat, is there any other good dual color dark monsters?

Edit: BTW I still have some friend spots open, if anyone needs an ammy healer. 310745202

Also why do some gaffers have PG in their name?

OTIX

I might be regretting taking Siren instead of Archangel or Ammy. If I can get through this I will probably try again (though I also want to hit the red and blue at least once more as well).
It was mentioned already but don't even try to deal damage normally just do single matches at the top of the screen as fast as possible to charge up your rippers, they will do all the damage.

mercviper

Just match match match and use ripper skills. I just did 2 runs in about 30 minutes each. Comboing is a waste of time because you spend x amount of seconds to break the 1500 armor. It's just faster to match one, deal 0-1 damage and keep going until you get your skills ready.

Do you have any Mech dragons? Noble would be best but any would be OK.

I'd go

Orge
GED
Noble Mech dragon
Ammy.

Charge GED and Mech in round 1.
Nuke round 2
Nuke round 3
fast match and nuke round 4 (I think this will always be a light or dark keep)
fast match and nuke round 5

hahahahaha. hah. ho ho.

I can't even roster a Mech let alone assemble a team to get one to drop. Listening to all the horror stories about running the dungeon hundreds of times, I think i'm good for now. I'll wait for their next go. For now, this is it. Would've liked to have taken Shiva for that defense break, but not enough cost. Oh well

Got me a rainbow keeper, though have nothing to use him on.

Besides tiamat, is there any other good dual color dark monsters?

Edit: BTW I still have some friend spots open, if anyone needs an ammy healer. 310745202

Rainbow Keeper is actually a great normal party member. He comes out of the box with over 3k HP and high ATK, and his active skill is very useful in dungeons where you take a lot of damage so you go double resist and then siren as a party member, because he can save your ass when siren's skill is down and you need hearts.

mercviper

Rainbow Keeper is actually a great normal party member. He comes out of the bos with over 3k HP and high ATK, and his active skill is very useful in dungeons where you take a lot of damage so you go double resist and then siren as a party member, because he can save your ass when siren's skill is down and you need hearts.

Sucks for me because he's half my team cost :<

Ferrio

Banned
Rainbow Keeper is actually a great normal party member. He comes out of the box with over 3k HP and high ATK, and his active skill is very useful in dungeons where you take a lot of damage so you go double resist and then siren as a party member, because he can save your ass when siren's skill is down and you need hearts.

Ya... I suppose.. his cost is high though.. but he works well with my all dark team.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Ran 5 times, 4x light keeper and 1x no keeper as an mid-boss, and all I need is a dark keeper -flips table-

Kosh

Ran Silver Labyrinth 6 times chasing blue pengdras and got 3 Divine Mask drops. That's good, but I hate when I get a mask in the first round. Have to scramble to kill it before it wrecks me in one shot. I was running 2x ADK leaders with 4 rippers as subs.

Narras

Just got my second Rainbow Keeper to drop using a resolve team. Using a resolve team definitely keeps you on your toes.

In the beginning I was trying to charge up my monsters and then the gems kept falling and more combos kept coming and in my mind I started to worry. I was like OH NO! I'm going to die! A resolve team is in no way going to save me if I get multiple monsters on the same timer.

Then, in the 4th fight with the Dark Keeper I was sure if my finger slipped or something I'd be dead. I would need all 3 turns for the healer to get the team into resolve range.

I think I'd rather take a Odin+Healer if I could. LOL

Dual community-ing. PG is the Facebook fan group, useful cause they post daily jewel dragon schedules, have a very comprehensive glossary, and are a good source of schadenfreude.

SomethingAwful also puts suffixes on their names and I -think- ggftw also does it, although I have yet to run into any of the latter.

Dual community-ing. PG is the Facebook fan group, useful cause they post daily jewel dragon schedules, have a very comprehensive glossary, and are a good source of schadenfreude.

SomethingAwful also puts suffixes on their names and I -think- ggftw also does it, although I have yet to run into any of the latter.

I've seen an @PF also. not sure what that is, but if I had to guess I'd say maybe puzzledragonforums.com

Nista

"I survived the Rainbow Keeper dungeon and all I got was this lousy Light Keeper and a T-Shirt".

Yeah that just happened to me. 1/2 today for Rainbow Keeper.

Anyone else got a Green Odin I could use later tonight? My normal ones seem to have dropped off today.

It was mentioned already but don't even try to deal damage normally just do single matches at the top of the screen as fast as possible to charge up your rippers, they will do all the damage.

But for some reason I am not getting very much healing from the Siren. I figure with either of the other healers I mentioned I could at least use their skill to cover some healing.

EDIT: OK, for Rainbow it might work better that way. His timer is a 5 so I have more time to heal up.

J0dy77

Man this game loves to troll you sometimes. All I need is one damn dark keeper to evolve a basilisk. This is what is in my box instead:

nmBj2z2l.jpg

Done, and I got the keeper! Thanks for the help guys! Not quite ready to do it, but that was one of the parts I was missing for eventually getting my blue/black Neptune. Now the question is do I do it again just to have another hanging around? Maybe not today, but I am sure I will at some point.

parasight

Ugh, so I really need a Light Keeper but I will only be able to run it one more time today. Should I risk a random drop in a Colored Keeper or go against Rainbow and hope that the 4th round is Light?

Kosh

GungHo's answer to the update. Bleh!

GungHo said:
The team is still working on the US update to the latest version, but unfortunately we do not have a concrete date yet.

And when it does hit, will it be all the way up to the latest Japanese version.

GungHo said:
As much as it kills me to have to provide this same stock answer, I can't say anything about it just yet. I'm in constant contact with Japan regarding user feedback (a lot of it from the Facebook) so hopefully I'll be able to give a better answer soon.

Lumiere

Neo Member
Ugh, so I really need a Light Keeper but I will only be able to run it one more time today. Should I risk a random drop in a Colored Keeper or go against Rainbow and hope that the 4th round is Light?
Not sure if this helps, but with the 2x drop rate I got three Light Keepers by doing the Blue Keeper run twice today. No insight on Rainbow, it's still too tough for me.

Kosh

Is that a new response, or the same one they gave a few weeks ago?

I'm looking at their "official" facebook page, and all I see are people asking about the update, but not any of the posts you're quoting

No, that was from Touch Arcade forums. GungHo actually posts over there.

Keeper dungeon has been nice to me today. Got a dark and light keeper plus 2 rainbows to drop. If only the ADK dungeon would be nice to me. I've only got 1 egg to drop out of 6 attempts so far, despite 5+ appearances of a lone stone knight before reaching the last floor.

So it seems that JP get light and dark Pengdras in version 5! Very cool.[/IMG]
Fuuuuuuuuuu!!!!! Can't wait!

Well, you most likely still have to use Gold dragons to evolve the light Pengdras :p
No big deal. It's still an extra bonus. I'll take anything that'll make leveling Light monsters easier. I'm actually more excited about the Dark Pengdras. Metal Dragons are so easy to get and currently useless. And the Metal Dragon dungeon is only 15 stamina opposed to 20 for the others, and it comes around often. It'll go from being the worst Dragon dungeon to the best, if GungHo doesn't rebalance it for the update.

I'm loving today's 2x Keeper dungeon. I'm 4/4 on Rainbow Keeper drops. Also, these bastards tried ambushing me, all appearing with the same 2-count timer. Viper Orochi said, "Fuck you assholes!"

5lmeTfW.jpg

This is my first time trying out the Vitras I pulled during godfest. Seems this is another monster that got its skills nerfed from its original version. The wiki says they deal 100K damage at 1HP, but they apparently got nerfed down to 50K max damage. *Shakes fist*

BlueSteel

Just got to Castle of Satan and have no idea what I should do,

Red:
Minerva (13)
Echidna (21)
Dino Rider (21)
Tyrannos (12)

Blue:
Mystic Ice Knight (25 arg just need one indigo mask)
Plesios (9)
Blue Dragon (1)
Frost Demon (1)

Green:
Lakshmi (30)
Toyceratops (1)
Taur Demon (1)

White:
Venus (6)
Divinegon (30)
Holy Dragon (1)
Cupid (16)

I've been rolling with either a Red/blue lineup or a Green/fire lineup for the time being, but things are getting pretty damn hard. Anyone wanna offer some direction, or what I should be leveling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom