• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radav

Yeah I really want a kirin too. I love the 4+ combo gods. Her 20% gravity is crazy to give to a team as strong as hers.

muu

Two stoned for satan. Think one is more than enough for this guy, ill wait till another day if I want to get his awakening skills...

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Ugh...I try to stall a bit on the Kraken. Work out a nice 5 combo...Hit an 18 combo. :|

E: Cerb same thing, except only an 11 combo. Fuuuuuu

E2: Lilith = 12 combo. This is insane. And all 3 vamps on the same CD. Looks like I'll have to burn a stone if I want to stall enough.

E3: Yeah, there's no way. Fucking 14 combo on a 2 match against Hades.

Jagernaut

Any non Horus/Kirin/Ra team for Satan that can complete it in under 5 stones?

Do you have Zeus? Someone posted earlier that they used a Zeus/Zeus team with Siren, Verche, Hera-Is, and Echidna subs. They killed one Kraken and then stalled on the other and charged gravities using Siren and Echidna when necessary.

J0dy77

Hot damn - after doing Satan Horus/Kirin, I want a Kirin. That was a JOOOOKE.

Kirin is the best monster in the game by a wide wide margin. The fact that her 25x combo is extremely easy to match reliably with the right team, she's light so there are no resist problems and throw on top stacking 20% gravities at only 15 turns... It's just overpowered.

Sandfox

It's great. You picked a good time to do so, once the Godfest starts in a couple of hours you can just "reroll" your account until you get a Horus and be in very strong shape for the game.

Could you explain this to me? If something is coming up soon I really want to take advantage of it.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Could you explain this to me? If something is coming up soon I really want to take advantage of it.

In about 90 minutes, certain monsters will have a higher chance of coming out of the Rare Egg Machine (REM). Of these monsters, one of them is pretty much THE starting monster - Horus. Without explaining the game mechanics, just know that he a) makes you a better player by forcing you to focus on combos and b) isn't so difficult that a new player can't pick up on how to take advantage of him.

When you start the game, you have to do a basic tutorial. It takes about 5-10 minutes to get through the initial loading screen and up to the end of the tutorial. At the end of the tutorial, you're given 5 magic stones. These magic stones are used to roll the REM (among other things). It costs 5 stones to pull the REM.

The monster you get out of the REM is your "starter". If you don't get a good starter, delete the app and do it all again. Getting a good starter monster is CRUCIAL to getting a lot out of this game without spending TOO much money (you can always find a reason to spend a little, ha).

Long story short - if you want to start playing, at 11 EST (8 PST) tonight would the time to start. Keep trying the tutorial until you get either: Horus, Archangel Lucifer, or Incarnation of Kirin. If you get either of those three monsters, you're gold.

Pacman2k

There's an event about to start that makes really good mobs pop out of the egg machine with higher probability.

See the OP for a list of monsters you should "reroll" until you obtain.

"rerolling" means re-doing the tutorial (by deleting your save data or re-installing the app repeatedly) until you get an awesome monster. (You get one free rare monster roll at the end of the tutorial.)

It's totally random, so be prepare to do the tutorial A LOT if you want a head start.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
AAWWWW YEAH JUST GOT HORUS ON MY 2ND PULL

kswiston

I'm looking for some more friends (especially SOD Lucifers).

My ID is 398,639,295

The following are my common leaders:

Green Awoken Odin - Max
Ama Ohkami - Max
Ancient Dragon Knight - Lv 84
Sea Deity Heaven Neptune - Lv 69
Loki, the Finisher - Lv 66
Sea Deity Abyss Neptune - Lv 64

I also have the following:

Love Deity Venus - Lv 55 (need to get around to getting the mats for her Ult Evo)
Freyr, The God of Victory - Lv 50 (ditto)
Freyja, the Fertility Goddess - Lv 50
Ice Dragon Depth Plesios - Lv 52
Hell Deity Jackal Anubis - Lv 31
Shiva, the Destroyer - Lv 25

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I had the itch to roll just one more time...

#onetruegod

YOLO said:
mNGr0uI.jpg

Rolled once and got Persephone! o_O

Got the itch and went for it again... Got a Basilisk.

Paced around the room a few times and rolled two more times... Highlander and Succubus! I'm definitely not complaining. Wish I hadn't wasted my other stones on the last Godfest.

xCobalt

I haven't seen a single god yet lol.

You don't have to put too much emphasis on the starting roll. Most of the end game dungeons can be completed with monsters you get normally. It definitely helps to have a good starting monster but some people will get burnt out and the only thing they've done was reroll constantly.

seady

First roll, gold egg, excited, then turn out to be...
Thanatos.

Second roll, silver egg,
fucking vampire.

Thanks stupid Guntroll.

Jagernaut

3 rolls

1. Ares - good roll but I already have one that is max level. I wanted Persephone or Hermes from the Greek 2.0 gods.
2. Siren - already have 2 max skilled Sirens
3. Succubus - already have 2 Liliths, 1 is max skilled.

Zero_IYAD

6 amazing rolls:
- Hermes -YES YES YES T_T-
- Fuma Kotaro -Who's he >.>-
- Beast Rider -FUUU-
- Lakshmi -Indian God :eek: -
- Bastet -1st Egyptian for me, I like her leader skill too-
- Last Roll *golden egg shows, please gimme a Horus* .. a 2nd Bastet -FUUU-

Over all, best 30 stones I spent so far.
& with that am down to my very last 9 stones, keeping them for Goemon runs tomorrow.

Kyu

Neo Member
Anubis
Dark golem mk 3
Anubis
Anubis
Ra
MDK (skill up)
MIK (No skill up)

Now what am I going to do with 3 anubises? Run a 2x Luci 3x Anubis counter team? LOL

Limit

Anubis
Dark golem mk 3
Anubis
Anubis
Ra
MDK (skill up)
MIK (No skill up)

Now what am I going to do with 3 anubises? Run a 2x Luci 3x Anubis counter team? LOL

One gravity, 3 counter monsters with excellent RCV, and two morning stars. Sounds great.

i am gettimg tired of all the nickel and diming stuff that`s plain as day in this game. i also feel like the auto aim is made to screw you over.

Earlier today I had a row of ice devils, I manually aimed at a 1 turn devil and killed it, instead of aiming at another 1 turn It killed the two turn devil. Which means I got hit. But I wouldn't have gotten gotnof it had killed the other 1 turn devil.

xCobalt

i am gettimg tired of all the nickel and diming stuff that`s plain as day in this game. i also feel like the auto aim is made to screw you over.

Earlier today I had a row of ice devils, I manually aimed at a 1 turn devil and killed it, instead of aiming at another 1 turn It killed the two turn devil. Which means I got hit. But I wouldn't have gotten gotnof it had killed the other 1 turn devil.

Pretty sure the game targets the left most monster in this situation.

Dunlop

so about the naga...

I've run Dance of light and flame like 20+ times (10 today with the 1.5x drop rate) and nadda

is there an easier way to get her?

Zero_IYAD

so about the naga...

I've run Dance of light and flame like 20+ times (10 today with the 1.5x drop rate) and nadda

is there an easier way to get her?
Hit Scarlet Snake Princess dungeon the next time it arrives on Expert, you'll get more than 5 with the same number of runs you just did.

J0dy77

Anyone else having bad luck with + eggs this weekend? I've been running Sea God non stop since completing the Skydragon rush and haven't gotten 1 + egg.

Did one roll, got a yellow mech. Should have waited for the vote roll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom