• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

linsivvi

Okey, I can't describe my feelings right now :"|
5 runs, wasted 5 stones between bad 1st rounds & stamina refills, not a single drop.
This is just crazy, it's supposed to be 40% not 4% !!!

Donno, am just frustrated, might give it one last try tonight or I'll just push it till he shows up later :/

Edit: Finally T___T
8 runs
8 stones wasted
I don't wanna see that dungeon EVER again, been playing it nonstop for 5 hours :mad:

Feel your pain. Last time I wasted about 8 stones on Valkyrie and didn't even get the drop.

Mythical turns out to be easier than I imagined with a 1/4/4 mono blue team. Only spent 1 stone in the first stage due to a miscalculation but then I gained one back for clearing it. It just took forever.

Zero_IYAD

I wouldn't describe it as wasted. You paid 8 stones for Goemon. That's less than 2 pulls of REM, where the results would likely have been terrible and not worthwhile. It's easy to think about what-could-have-been with the stones, but that's the point of them, even though, statistically, they are way more likely to yield terrible results, even during godfests.

Just because it is possible to 0-stone doesn't mean that using stones to clear Descended is a bad use of stones. That's basically everyone before getting their teams maxed out and with lots of +eggs.
I agree since he dropped
But not getting a drop would be harsh

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
2-stone Mythical Astaroth team. If we could just max skill Drawn Joker...Round 1 was a crap shoot. Cost me a stone. Goemon bound BOTH leaders, so my HP boost was completely gone. That cost me a stone. No matter what, I would have lost a stone regardless there.

But at least I got a second Goemon. For now, I'm holding him for awakening. If I can figure out a more efficient farm team, I'll start feeding for skillups.

I may see how quick I do Legend with this team. MUCH safer, so I could probably farm it. But the time investment is my only worry.

Maybe I don't understand this whole Awakening thing, but what is the point of holding onto some of these dupes? I thought you could only awaken a sub at his max evo level and that doesn't either by feeding one of those egg guys, or feeding the exact same sub.

So, you can't 'awaken' an Awoken (nice terminology guys...) Zeus with a normal Zeus, right? And you also can't 'awaken' a Zeus with a Zeus. Is that correct?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Maybe I don't understand this whole Awakening thing, but what is the point of holding onto some of these dupes? I thought you could only awaken a sub at his max evo level and that doesn't either by feeding one of those egg guys, or feeding the exact same sub.

So, you can't 'awaken' an Awoken (nice terminology guys...) Zeus with a normal Zeus, right? And you also can't 'awaken' a Zeus with a Zeus. Is that correct?

Right. The big benefit to holding onto some of these monsters for awakening is that you don't have to farm/hope for awakening mats. Given that it's 100%, once awakening hits, you can pretty much feed 2-4 of that monster (depending on the number of skills available), and jump directly into some crazy synergies. It may be a while, but I mean, I farmed 2 additional Satan's on Friday and will get at least 2-3 Goemon today. Why waste the Eggdra on monsters you can farm? I'd rather use them on stuff like my Br/GrOdin, Horus, #onetruegod, etc.

Right. The big benefit to holding onto some of these monsters for awakening is that you don't have to farm/hope for awakening mats. Given that it's 100%, once awakening hits, you can pretty much feed 2-4 of that monster (depending on the number of skills available), and jump directly into some crazy synergies. It may be a while, but I mean, I farmed 2 additional Satan's on Friday and will get at least 2-3 Goemon today. Why waste the Eggdra on monsters you can farm? I'd rather use them on stuff like my Br/GrOdin, Horus, #onetruegod, etc.

I guess I get it long term, but then you need to lvl and evo your dupes to max, right?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I guess I get it long term, but then you need to lvl and evo your dupes to max, right?

Awakening works on the same monster. So Ishikawa Goemon can not awaken Goemon, the Thief. In fact, only Goemon, the Thief has awakened skills. The same goes for Satan and Satan, King of the Underworld. You need the max evo of a monster (NOT the busty).

So Freyja the Goddess of Gaia can be awoken, Freyja cannot. Freyja, the Fertility Goddess can ALSO be awoken (by Freyja the Goddess of Gaia OR Eggdra).

To answer your question - yes, it costs some time and mats. But I'd still rather use Eggdra on someone I can't farm.

Awakening works on the same monster. So Ishikawa Goemon can not awaken Goemon, the Thief. In fact, only Goemon, the Thief has awakened skills. The same goes for Satan and Satan, King of the Underworld. You need the max evo of a monster (NOT the busty).

So Freyja the Goddess of Gaia can be awoken, Freyja cannot. Freyja, the Fertility Goddess can ALSO be awoken (by Freyja the Goddess of Gaia OR Eggdra).

To answer your question - yes, it costs some time and mats. But I'd still rather use Eggdra on someone I can't farm.
I know we don't know the drop rates yet, but I can't imagine 800k EXP and rare evo materials taking less time to get than one awakening egg.

Edit:
Freyja, the Fertility Goddess can ALSO be awoken (by Freyja the Goddess of Gaia OR Eggdra).
I tried this (with a Samurai Ogre/Ice Samurai Ogre. I'm not masochistic). It doesn't work.

Yes. It's dumb.

After thinking about it a bit a better implementation would be like this:
1. Monsters start out with only one or two Awoken skills and gain more with increasing evolution stages. For example, regular Valkyrie has none, Great Valk has HP+, Princess Valk has HP+ and Light Orb+, and Grace Valk has HP+, Light Orb+, and ATK+.
2. A monster can be awakened by feeding it another monster with the exact same order of skills up to the skill about to be awakened. From the previous example, Great Valk would be able to awaken the first skill (I'm going to refer to this as A1) for all successive evolutions, but not A2 as she does not have Light Orb+ as a second awakening.
3. A monster that's Awakening type (which so far is just Eggdra) will unlock the next stage of Awakening on feed without restriction.

The benefit of this system is that you don't have to sink stupidly large amounts of EXP into dupes just to make them eligible for Awakening. Your regular old Kagatsuchi could give A1 and A2 to any other Kaga, including both busty paths. If you want to give A3 or A4, though, you'll have to either evolve your dupe or use an Eggdra, which provides the diminishing returns model.

It also solves the completely stupid problem of busty evolutions being unable to be evolved by its unbustied (or even alternate element bustied) counterpart. You could have the fusion button glow like... blue or something if that feed would cause an awakening.

A consequence of this is that unrelated monsters can be used to awaken each other up to a certain point. For example, Caol-Ila, a farmable mob, has Dark Orb+ > Skill Boost. It would be able to give A1 to a shitton of monsters: Loki, Hades, and Haku, just going by my box. But none of those three monsters have Skill Boost on A2, so Caol-Ila wouldn't be able to awaken them any further. The other dark biweekly dragons, who all have the same progression of awakenings, would be good targets for A2. Then you'd just need to farm the boss rushes to get A3 onto the busty forms of the dark Legendary and Sky Dragons.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Edit:
I tried this (with a Samurai Ogre/Ice Samurai Ogre. I'm not masochistic). It doesn't work.

You're right - the way it ACTUALLY goes:

1) You can only get an awakening skill by feeding the exact same monster (so Samurai Ogre awakens Samurai Ogre). No exceptions.

2) You can awaken Samurai Ogre to the max and then busty him. He will keep all awakenings. If you only did 1/2 awakenings prior to busty, you must either a) use an Eggdra or b) feed another busty ogre.

That was my bad - I misspoke.

linsivvi

I know we don't know the drop rates yet, but I can't imagine 800k EXP and rare evo materials taking less time to get than one awakening egg.

We do have some idea of the drop rate from people who play the JP version. Seems like it'll in average take a couple dozen runs to get an egg to drop.

I'd save up all the pal eggs for when 6.0 hits and hope for the best.

ccbfan

For certain monsters its pretty much complete useless to awaken same level monster.

Take a valk for instance (or pretty much any heartbreaker). It takes 2 million exp to get her to a princess valk then you have 3 stages of evolve mats to get her to Rose Valk. Much easier and more efficient to just used eggdras.

Then you got super rare monster you want to keep extras of in case of multi branch ult evo.

Some monsters though like weekly dragons. Pretty much no evolve unless you ultimate evoed them so those you should using the same monster evo technique.

The Heras/Goemons/Zues/Healer Girl/Swordman are hard to tell. Easy to get and not too bad to level up.

Welp, still not ready for Goemon. First attempt there were three wood ninjas which made it kind of impossible for a 1/4/4 team to bypass. Second attempt the game would not give me heart and water orbs.

Welp, still not ready for Goemon. First attempt there were three wood ninjas which made it kind of impossible for a 1/4/4 team to bypass. Second attempt the game would not give me heart and water orbs.
You might have just hit a bad draw. My Lucifer team actually got wiped last night on my second try (0-stoned first try, btw) on round 1, due to 4 green and one blue ninja hitting for 31k each turn.

Sometimes it just happens. =\

Kreed

So I just attempted Ancient Water Dragon Legend for a stone. Not only did I go into the dungeon not fully prepared for the dragon's defense (golem armor break wasn't enough) but a Kraken finally showed up for me on floor 9. Maybe I will get lucky again after another 50 runs.

Ducarmel

Damn I got way less xp from hunt ruby dragons then I expected.

I was hoping I can run it twice then run any dungeon and hope for 1300 exp to rank up get full stamina then run ruby 2 more times waste away the remaining stamina then use a stone and run it 2 more times.

Damn I got way less xp from hunt ruby dragons then I expected.

I was hoping I can run it twice then run any dungeon and hope for 1300 exp to rank up get full stamina then run ruby 2 more times waste away the remaining stamina then use a stone and run it 2 more times.

Dragon dungeons (outside of Gold) really don't give more than 1000 consistently. Depends on your drops though, but even then I think i've only seen 1300 a few times.

11 runs
5 drops
1 skill-up

This would go a lot faster if my Hera-Is was max skilled. -_- But my goal was just to score 1 skill-up today. Anything else after this is a bonus.

At least this team is safe as hell. Hopefully it'll be strong enough to tackle mythical one day.

Wasn't sure my Byakko team was ready for Goemon just yet but managed to 0-stone it this morning, no drop though.

Tried again just now... couldn't have been closer to 0-stone it again, but I got him!

Loving Byakko so far.

zRWBwh3.jpg

linsivvi

Do the conditional dungeons get the 1.5 bonus that techinicals get today?

If so, I might spend a stone or two to push through them since I'm at Hill of Iris's Rainbow now.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Wasn't sure my Byakko team was ready for Goemon just yet but managed to 0-stone it this morning, no drop though.

Tried again just now... couldn't have been closer to 0-stone it again, but I got him!

Loving Byakko so far.

That's a fun team - what are your levels? And how do you deal with the high damage spike?

That's a fun team - what are your levels? And how do you deal with the high damage spike?

Byakko - 71
CDK - 45
RK
Siren - 35, Max Skill
Echidna - 69, Skill lvl 4(12 Turns)
Friend Byakko was max level +130 so that helped a ton I guess.

Stalled enough on turn 2 and 3 to use Echidna on Goemon which was enough to get the RK damage reduce up for Goemons first-turn counter.

Limit

There is just one single monster in my entire roster whom I have bothered to skill up; Mech Warrior Asgard. Too busy leveling everyone up to attempt acquiring specific monsters for skill leveling up purposes. Plus, the skill leveling being relegated to chance really turns me off to attempting such an endeavor.

There is just one single monster in my entire roster whom I have bothered to skill up; Mech Warrior Asgard. Too busy leveling everyone up to attempt acquiring specific monsters for skill leveling up purposes. Plus, the skill leveling being relegated to chance really turns me off to attempting such an endeavor.

Heartbreakers and Siren are almost mandatory to skill up...to a lesser extent Enchilada. Lucky Poring tower takes care of most of them and gives solid xp as well.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Heartbreakers and Siren are almost mandatory to skill up...to a lesser extent Enchilada. Lucky Poring tower takes care of most of them and gives solid xp as well.

Max skilled Echidna makes life SO much easier. I'd say she's one that earning your stripes on is worth it.

What are some easy/quick clears to farm Hera with? I really need some higher skilled gravities.

Max skilled Echidna makes life SO much easier. I'd say she's one that earning your stripes on is worth it.

What are some easy/quick clears to farm Hera with? I really need some higher skilled gravities.

I farmed with a Goemon team awhile back, and now that you have Satan, it should be a little less risky. The most recent time I was using Horus with almost no risk. I plan on doing that again all day Wednesday, but I need to remember who I was using. I'm sure I posted it at some point though so I'll just search the thread.

ccbfan

Just read the Android Dragon is getting the Shiva Active skill. LOL Shiva.

Speaking of making a God worthless.

How would you guys rank the God groups?

For me

1. Chinese - Kirin is the new star and Byakko is also very good. The rest is kinda eh but you can still build off of them if need be.

2. Egyptian - Horus top tier and Ra is 2nd tier. Isis is OK if you start with her but kinda worthless later. Anubis is a really nice situational God with Lucifer while Bastet is pretty useless.

3. Archangel - Lucifer best in the game and the rest are all useful in 1/4/4 teams or can go with Greek 2 and make 2/4/2.

4. Greek 1 - Everyone one is a top tier Sub character except for Minerva.

5. Greek 2 - The tricolor ones have fantastic leader skills and active skills but have horrible stats. Reason why its so low is because as long as you have friends with them it doesn't matter if you have one.

6. Norse - They currently suck since they're easily replaced with start dragons but they're getting huge boost with the awoken skills plus the two turn power up has good synergy with 4/2/2 mono color teams.

7. Japanese - Orochi is a good sub and Sasuke is good too. Amu for starting but useless at the end. Hino for mindless grind dungeons but you really don't need that. Arguably the worst God in the game in Yomi.

8. Indian - Parvati is good if you can skill her up (which is REM only in the U.S). Shivas has its no defense thing but that's replace by a free dragon people got. The rest all pretty much meh. Its weird that the monster don't look bad on paper but when you start making teams, you find out other than Parvati and the Occasional destroy defense. You don't want to use any of them.

Limit

Just read the Android Dragon is getting the Shiva Active skill. LOL Shiva.

Speaking of making a God worthless.

How would you guys rank the God groups?

For me

1. Chinese - Kirin is the new star and Byakko is also very good. The rest is kinda eh but you can still build off of them if need be.

2. Egyptian - Horus top tier and Ra is 2nd tier. Isis is OK if you start with her but kinda worthless later. Anubis is a really nice situational God with Lucifer while Bastet is pretty useless.

3. Archangel - Lucifer best in the game and the rest are all useful in 1/4/4 teams or can go with Greek 2 and make 2/4/2.

4. Greek 1 - Everyone one is a top tier Sub character except for Minerva.

5. Greek 2 - The tricolor ones have fantastic leader skills and active skills but have horrible stats. Reason why its so low is because as long as you have friends with them it doesn't matter if you have one.

6. Norse - They currently suck since they're easily replaced with start dragons but they're getting huge boost with the awoken skills plus the two turn power up has good synergy with 4/2/2 mono color teams.

7. Japanese - Orochi is a good sub and Sasuke is good too. Amu for starting but useless at the end. Hino for mindless grind dungeons but you really don't need that. Arguably the worst God in the game in Yomi.

8. Indian - Parvati is good if you can skill her up (which is REM only in the U.S). Shivas has its no defense thing but that's replace by a free dragon people got. The rest all pretty much meh. Its weird that the monster don't look bad on paper but when you start making teams, you find out other than Parvati and the Occasional destroy defense. You don't want to use any of them.

Everything looks right except for Egyptian and Chinese. I would swap their positions.

God skill ups are rough to get. Wish Gung Ho would do something similar for skill ups and make some special mobs that grant skill ups akin to these Eggdras.

I'm going through the Wd. War Dragon dungeon right now and I'm wondering, how come all of my attacks are only doing 1 damage to the ninjas? What am I doing wrong?

Limit

I'm going through the Wd. War Dragon dungeon right now and I'm wondering, how come all of my attacks are only doing 1 damage to the ninjas? What am I doing wrong?

This is because you are not surpassing their defense threshold:

http://puzzledragonx.com/en/mission.asp?m=479

Your attack points need to be higher than the defense of whichever monster you are targeting in order for full damage to occur. Otherwise the damage done will only be one point per attack.

raiot

On legend the ninjas have the following armor:

Small: 2667 Armor and 8000 HP
Mid: 60000 Armor and 12 HP

As long as your attack is not over the armor value, it does only do 1 point of damage.

Droiddragon coming back tomorrow in the US apparently. Pick one up if you don't have it / ate your first one because it's getting a busty evo in 6.0 with a functionally identical skill to Shiva's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom