• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero_IYAD

Why is it so bad that the fb likes event is coming as a festival not a godfest?
Isn't it better that we have more than 24 hours to give it a try?

Why is it so bad that the fb likes event is coming as a festival not a godfest?
Isn't it better that we have more than 24 hours to give it a try?

If it overlapped a godfest, it would stack with the carnival of likes event. So, depending on what godfest it was....Horus, Hades, etc. would have 9 x chance of dropping.

...9 x nothing is still nothing.

During past events where an editor's choice carnival stacked with a Godfest, your probability of getting a gold egg out of the machine was an absurd 50% or so.

On the bright side, the next week should be a great time for new players to roll a top starter.

Got the point, did they really confirm we wont get a godfest while the carnival's running?
Not officially, but if you look at the timing, we normally get a Godfest on the first weekend of an event. The current event ends after Friday, and the Player's Choice carnival ends next Friday, so there is no possible overlap unless something weird happens.

linsivvi

Where did you guys see the 'Carnival of Likes' announcement?

Yeah I've been searching for the announcement but couldn't find it from any official source. It was a forum post and wikia is using it too, so who knows?

On the issue of votes. I've seen vote tallies where the top 6 are consistent with the results, but there's no way they stick strictly to the voting results beyond that. The likes of Fortoytops didn't get more than a few votes from what I've seen and Valkyrie was in the top 5 for a long time.

I did Hera with a Haku team. Relatively easy, but it's easy to get heart screwed. I may try a Goemon team now. Goemon/Goemon with Echidna/Siren/Gigas/Horus. Saw some info on a high RCV option. It's all dependent on that RNG, though. I COULD try a Horus/Kirin run. That'd be a joke.
I don't know if it's a coincidence, but I've been noticing a scarcity on hearts every time I've faced a variant of Hera (so Hera, Hera-Is, and Awoken Hera-Ur). I wonder if your opponent actually subtly affects what could appear on the board.

Also, I'm sure they threw in some junk monsters so the carnival isn't too good. Remember, they need people to pay money all the time and not just this week. On the plus side, Fortoytops can be used to skill up Parvati, at least.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I don't know if it's a coincidence, but I've been noticing a scarcity on hearts every time I've faced a variant of Hera (so Hera, Hera-Is, and Awoken Hera-Ur). I wonder if your opponent actually subtly affects what could appear on the board.

Also, I'm sure they threw in some junk monsters so the carnival isn't too good. Remember, they need people to pay money all the time and not just this week. On the plus side, Fortoytops can be used to skill up Parvati, at least.

I love PAD, but I sometimes wonder if it's RNG or if there's something else going on that causes heart-starve or something similar. I did a Hera run earlier with Haku that had (no joke) at least 9 light orbs on the board AT ALL TIMES, even though I had no light monsters on my team. I couldn't get a water or heal orbs to save my life (you know, one of the crucial pieces to a Haku team). I spent every possible turn on Neptune and Hades clearing light orbs. It was crazy.

In other news, I just did a high RCV Goemon clear. With some careful planning, it's very doable. As long as you've got just over 15k health, you can't be one-shot by anything but Hades and Neptune (and those two need to be dead before they attack on anything but an Asty team). Goemon + Phoenix = OHKO Hera, Goemon = OHKO Neptune.

Yeah I've been searching for the announcement but couldn't find it from any official source. It was a forum post and wikia is using it too, so who knows?

On the issue of votes. I've seen vote tallies where the top 6 are consistent with the results, but there's no way they stick strictly to the voting results beyond that. The likes of Fortoytops didn't get more than a few votes from what I've seen and Valkyrie was in the top 5 for a long time.
Came from time travelers, one of them is a Wiki contributor.

Ashodin

This is also my issue as well. When running Hera earlier with Drawn Joker and Siren, I noticed the distinct lack of Hearts over a long term period.

On another note, I'm actually really surprised that Apple allows Puzzdroid to be in the game. It's a clear violation of their app store review guidelines (you can't show logos and mascots of competitor platforms in iOS apps).

Pacman2k

I use lucifer team to mindlessly farm hera. No threat at all. Casually burn morning stars, gravities, and poison to keep things moving.

Lucifer - Ceres - Abyss Neptune - Hera-Is - D/D Hades - Lucifer

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I use lucifer team to mindlessly farm hera. No threat at all. Casually burn morning stars, gravities, and poison to keep things moving.

Lucifer - Ceres - Abyss Neptune - Hera-Is - D/D Hades - Lucifer

I need Luci, Neptune, and Hades. This coming REM bonus day is going to be ridiculous if the hit rates are ANYTHING worthwhile.

I appreciate they havn't made some of the older gods completely useless yet. Hades and Neptune are still 2 of the top subs people want. Hades is a staple on my Ra team. Neptune probably would be as well in a Water/Dark form.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I appreciate they havn't made some of the older gods completely useless yet. Hades and Neptune are still 2 of the top subs people want. Hades is a staple on my Ra team. Neptune probably would be as well in a Water/Dark form.

Hades is great, but you COULD get away with Hera. Hera not having dual elements or an optional light sub makes Hades the better option.

Neptune poison is just stupid good in comparison to Lilith. I haven't used my Lilith in forever - her stats are complete trash and her poison is useless. If they updated her or gave her a busty, I could see her being comparable to Neptune (similar to the Hades/Hera situation).

Hades is great, but you COULD get away with Hera. Hera not having dual elements or an optional light sub makes Hades the better option.

Neptune poison is just stupid good in comparison to Lilith. I haven't used my Lilith in forever - her stats are complete trash and her poison is useless. If they updated her or gave her a busty, I could see her being comparable to Neptune (similar to the Hades/Hera situation).
Lilith isn't useless. If you get her to max skill, she can put out a weak poison very quickly, which makes my super king farm team this:

Amaterasu Ohkami
Lilith
Lilith
Succubus
Abyss Neptune
Resist friend

You can use the Liliths to clear all non-invasion and non-boss rounds.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Lilith isn't useless. If you get her to max skill, she can put out a weak poison very quickly, which makes my super king farm team this:

Amaterasu Ohkami
Lilith
Lilith
Succubus
Abyss Neptune
Resist friend

You can use the Liliths to clear all non-invasion and non-boss rounds.

I say useless in the same way that some Gods and trophy dragons are useless...You can find a use for them sometimes, but in general, they have better alternatives. Neptune being the better option for almost EVERY other application. I have 2 max skilled Lilith in my box. I haven't used either in a long time. Although, I may put together a high HP triple poison team for the next descends. I have 3 Lilith available, so it could work. If I could nab a Neptune, though...

Ashodin

I say useless in the same way that some Gods and trophy dragons are useless...You can find a use for them sometimes, but in general, they have better alternatives. Neptune being the better option for almost EVERY other application. I have 2 max skilled Lilith in my box. I haven't used either in a long time. Although, I may put together a high HP triple poison team for the next descends. I have 3 Lilith available, so it could work. If I could nab a Neptune, though...

I play the game a little bit of collector and a little bit of minmax. I certainly want to minmax some more now to get the more collectible monsters (Zeus, etc) but I also know that GungHo comes back around for a pass on older monsters with busty evos to make them relevant again, which is awesome.

I did Hera with a Haku team. Relatively easy, but it's easy to get heart screwed. I may try a Goemon team now. Goemon/Goemon with Echidna/Siren/Gigas/Horus. Saw some info on a high RCV option. It's all dependent on that RNG, though. I COULD try a Horus/Kirin run. That'd be a joke.

Easy going with my Goemon team:

Goemon Leader / Friend Leader

Echidna
Duke Vamp Lord
Busty Cu Chu
Horus

But, alas, Hera is not skilling up for me. :(

edit: for iOS users, is the new iOS7 playing well with everyone?

I farm Hera with

Valk
Valk
King Shynee
Verche
Echidna
Valk

The team is very consistent and quick in this dungeon. I'm working on skilling-up Hera-Is first, since I've found her to be more versatile than Hades or vanilla Hera. Then I'll eventually skill-up the others. I've only gotten her to skill level 6 so far. Unfortunately I'm too busy to get many runs in today, otherwise I'd probably max her out today. But at least it's much less tedious than the days of running this dungeon with GrOdin/Ama. I average around 18-20 turns to complete the dungeon.

BlueSteel

I farm Hera with

Valk
Valk
King Shynee
Verche
Echidna
Valk

The team is very consistent and quick in this dungeon. I'm working on skilling-up Hera-Is first, since I've found her to be more versatile than Hades or vanilla Hera. Then I'll eventually skill-up the others. I've only gotten her to skill level 6 so far. Unfortunately I'm too busy to get many runs in today, otherwise I'd probably max her out today. But at least it's much less tedious than the days of running this dungeon with GrOdin/Ama. I average around 18-20 turns to complete the dungeon.

Ugh, I still need to build up another valk and get a king shynee.

Higher rank leveling is kinda becoming a chore. How do you guys keep it fresh?

Pacman2k

I still have never gotten a gravity skill up and I'm at 18 heras fused at this point between Hades and Hera-Is.

Not cool gung ho. Not cool at all.

Ashodin

I farm Hera with

Valk
Valk
King Shynee
Verche
Echidna
Valk

Nice team! I got this team down except for no second Valk. Echidna max skilled I assume.

I still need to get Verche to full evo status. Goddamn light types

Ugh, I still need to build up another valk and get a king shynee.

Higher rank leveling is kinda becoming a chore. How do you guys keep it fresh?
Well, actually, the game is becoming a little stale to me. I'm not as gung ho as I was before, playing several hours per day and blitzing dungeons like Jewel Dragons 20-30 times in a single hour. I used to farm over 140 Dragon Plants in a single Thursday without the 2x event. Nowadays, my play time is far more casually spread out, even during event weeks, and I spend very few stones on stamina refreshes unless I'm hardcore blitzing a particular dungeon. It now takes me a relatively very long time to max new monsters compared to before, but I already maxed out so many monsters, that I have plenty of max monsters to build parties with. My second Valk is still only Lvl.39, in fact, even though she's max skilled. She's been sitting at that level for a month now, whereas a few months ago, I would have had her maxed out within a few days of acquiring her.

Don't get me wrong. I'm still enjoying this game very much, but I don't have that burning desire to play it every spare minute I have.

Nice team! I got this team down except for no second Valk. Echidna max skilled I assume.
Thanks. Yes, Echidna is max skilled, though she doesn't need to be. I only use her skill on Hera in case I don't 1-shot her. But an Echidna with no skill-ups would still work, since I stall on Neptune and Hades to charge King Shynee anyway.

Ashodin

I think the reason the game still pulls me in is the fact that I slow burn level the monsters. It means every time an event comes around I get excited about speeding up the process just a little bit.

I farm Hera with

Valk
Valk
King Shynee
Verche
Echidna
Valk

I can make a super shitty version of that team right now:

Rose Valk (level 99, +1)
Great Valk (level 30 or so, ha!)
King Shynee (level 1)
Verche, Knight of the Sky (level 49, s. lvl 1)
Red Empress Echidna (level 95, s. lvl 3)

Paired with a strong friend Valk (yours, maybe?), do you think this team can cut it?

EDIT: F it; I'll give it a shot with a +256 Valk and see where it goes.

I can make a super shitty version of that team right now:

Rose Valk (level 99, +1)
Great Valk (level 30 or so, ha!)
King Shynee (level 1)
Verche, Knight of the Sky (level 49, s. lvl 1)
Red Empress Echidna (level 95, s. lvl 3)

Paired with a strong friend Valk (yours, maybe?), do you think this team can cut it?
If you're just trying to clear the dungeon once, then yeah with strong play. But your team HP will be too low to absorb any hits from the sub bosses, which means you must kill each of them without taking a hit. I haven't pumped +eggs into my Valk either, so my Valk wouldn't get you over that threshold but it's there for your use if you want. In fact, I don't even get over that threshold with my team using another maxed Valk friend unless the helper Valk has +HP stats pumped into it. You should be able to clear it, but I don't think it would be consistent enough to use for farming, unless spending stones isn't an issue for you. Are your Valks skilled-up? Quick cooldowns will help ensure you have a charged Valk available when needed, especially with the sub-bosses that can 1-shot you appearing as early as round 6.

edit: I see you already went in. Good luck!

If you're just trying to clear the dungeon once, then yeah with strong play. But your team HP will be too low to absorb any hits from the sub bosses, which means you must kill each of them without taking a hit. I haven't pumped +eggs into my Valk either, so my Valk wouldn't get you over that threshold but it's there for your use if you want. In fact, I don't even get over that threshold with my team using another maxed Valk friend unless the helper Valk has +HP stats pumped into it. You should be able to clear it, but I don't think it would be consistent enough to use for farming, unless spending stones isn't an issue for you. Are your Valks skilled-up? Quick cooldowns will help ensure you have a charged Valk available when needed, especially with the sub-bosses that can 1-shot you appearing as early as round 6.

edit: I see you already went in. Good luck!
Yeah, I just went in cause I didn't plan my rank up properly and don't want to blow the stamina (I'm just idling in there while I'm at work for a few more hours).

Let's see how this goes! Thanks for the tips!

J0dy77

I farm Hera with

Valk
Valk
King Shynee
Verche
Echidna
Valk

How many HP do you have running this team George?

On a side note, iOS 7 bricked my phone. Praying a wipe and restore brings everything back. Freaking out about pictures and pad.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

On a side note, iOS 7 bricked my phone. Praying a wipe and restore brings everything back. Freaking out about pictures and pad.

Yikes. :(

My wife was like, "The new update is out for the iPhone - did you update?" I sat there for a second thinking how to explain. I followed with, "No, I don't want it to ruin my Puzzle and Dragons."

She didn't really know how to respond, haha.

J0dy77

Yikes. :(

My wife was like, "The new update is out for the iPhone - did you update?" I sat there for a second thinking how to explain. I followed with, "No, I don't want it to ruin my Puzzle and Dragons."

She didn't really know how to respond, haha.

Had to wipe the thing 3 times and restore through iTunes. All of the personal data came back including Pad after restoring from the backup I took today. I just need to download all the apps again. I did have the data48 bin that I could restore also but glad I didn't have to test those waters.

With a +297 Valk Rose helper, I have only 11,935HP, which is enough to tank anything aside from Minerva, Neptune, Hades or Hera. Minerva is actually the most dangerous fight, which may surprise some.

Spent one stone, got five Heras, got one skill up. That brings me to SL 4. I was exhausted when I got home and wasn't paying attention so I died once. Wish I hadn't been so busy today. I would have happily spent four or five more stones.

razterik

8/34 on Hera-Is today. 4 more skill ups to go. So close...

Actually got a run of five plus egg Hera drops in a row. Was super crazy.

And metals again on Friday? Did we even get regular jewel dragons this event at all?

Colby

I mean, it'll never change. It definitely sucks. I just use the free stone to do one full stamina drain of both events. Not much else to do without doing what they want you to do -- buy stamina refreshes.

raiot

This is no skill up week for me... 0/10 Goemon, 0/15 Hera and my second Mystic Dark Knight is sitting on an unbelievable 1/40! :(

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Pengdra Village on plant day is such a common thing, I'm just used to it now.

The thing that really rubs me the wrong way is the fact that the community REM event is a carnival, NOT a fest. They did that intentionally, and it's bullshit.

ccbfan

What happened to the dark knight dungeon?

I had everything prepped (Will level while running this) and need 1 more skill level to max level.

I guess its not a biggy since today is so jammed packed with pengdras and plants.

With ios7 the buttons on the bottom such as Dungeon, Monster, Shop, etc......you have to tap them near the top of said box for it to work, tapping in the middle of the box does nothing. Hopefully an update fixes that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom