• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

StMeph

This is true, but it still hurts a little bit. No love for the Hindu gods. :(

Plus, will we ever see the collabo dungeon that offers the skill-ups for shiva?

At endgame stats matter a lot, whether it's meeting minimum HP thresholds just to be able to attempt certain content, or having enough ATK to sweep things for 0-stone clears, it's not just the Active skills that matter. Base stats are hugely important, and why +eggs are so damn good.

J0dy77

Droiddragon coming back tomorrow in the US apparently. Pick one up if you don't have it / ate your first one because it's getting a busty evo in 6.0 with a functionally identical skill to Shiva's.

Glad they are doing this. The mob was completely useless before and I'm sure most people have fed or sold it a long time ago. I'll pick one up.

At endgame stats matter a lot, whether it's meeting minimum HP thresholds just to be able to attempt certain content, or having enough ATK to sweep things for 0-stone clears, it's not just the Active skills that matter. Base stats are hugely important, and why +eggs are so damn good.

Completely agree here. Shiva is nowhere near useless for a lot of reasons. She has a much better leader skill and is still useful in that roll. Red vs green depending on the dungeon as well as the huge stat difference.

This kind of leads to the comment I wanted to make when I came to check the board. The game is starting to grow a bit stale for me. I won't stop playing but they need to add more to the game besides awoken skills to keep it fresh. Right now it's all about REM luck and getting a few select God's that clear everything. If you get Kirin/Horus/Lucifer you've won. Put enough levels and + eggs into any of those teams and you can 0 stone almost anything. My friend list right now is an endless sea of Horus/Valk/Goemon and Kirin. I've been leveling a Byakko team on the side and just don't have anyone to pair with. Wish their was more variety and game mechanics that would force us to change it up. Burn them before they burn you is starting to get very stale and the mono color teams are pretty much useless at this stage compared to burst.

Game needs more offensive and defensive mechanics, more swapping, more ways to match on the board and have effects applied. How about match Red/Green/Blue in that order to apply shield that avoids specified damage type. People are obviously still paying out the nose for the game so I'm hoping they'll start to introduce these mechanics slowly but surely. Enough to keep that carrot on a stick just far enough ahead of everyone.

Colby

Glad they are doing this. The mob was completely useless before and I'm sure most people have fed or sold it a long time ago. I'll pick one up.

Completely agree here. Shiva is nowhere near useless for a lot of reasons. She has a much better leader skill and is still useful in that roll. Red vs green depending on the dungeon as well as the huge stat difference.

This kind of leads to the comment I wanted to make when I came to check the board. The game is starting to grow a bit stale for me. I won't stop playing but they need to add more to the game besides awoken skills to keep it fresh. Right now it's all about REM luck and getting a few select God's that clear everything. If you get Kirin/Horus/Lucifer you've won. Put enough levels and + eggs into any of those teams and you can 0 stone almost anything. My friend list right now is an endless sea of Horus/Valk/Goemon and Kirin. I've been leveling a Byakko team on the side and just don't have anyone to pair with. Wish their was more variety and game mechanics that would force us to change it up. Burn them before they burn you is starting to get very stale and the mono color teams are pretty much useless at this stage compared to burst.

Game needs more offensive and defensive mechanics, more swapping, more ways to match on the board and have effects applied. How about match Red/Green/Blue in that order to apply shield that avoids specified damage type. People are obviously still paying out the nose for the game so I'm hoping they'll start to introduce these mechanics slowly but surely. Enough to keep that carrot on a stick just far enough ahead of everyone.
I mostly agree. The game needs dungeons with unique rules, like 10 cost or less per monster and whatnot. But every online RPG has a tiered list of the best content for the endgame, whether that's regarding weapons, classes, or in this case, monsters. There's enough variety for now, but eventually, we need to move past Lucifer and spike teams. Really, we need more unique abilities. Awoken skills will help a bit. The super counter team some people on here use is awesome, and we need more abilities like that.

They've been decent at adding more monsters and refreshing old ones, plus they know their cash cow needs to stay relevant and exciting. I'm fairly confident they can keep adding awesome content.

I think the problem is how quickly people can get to "endgame" status. For example, just look at everyone's attitudes toward rerolling. Roll yourself Lucifer, Horus, or Kirin within the first 10 minutes of gameplay? Congratulations; you're now eligible for "endgame" and will be playing the same team for the rest of your time on this game, barring major changes.

People who don't like how only two of the new Greeks are getting busties in 6.1 might be happy to know that they're ~discussing~ adding ones for the other gods.

Also the next time the Mechdragon dungeon rolls around they'll have invasions of mobs that skillup the Chinese gods. Probably won't happen till mid October-November for us.

People who don't like how only two of the new Greeks are getting busties in 6.1 might be happy to know that they're ~discussing~ adding ones for the other gods.

Also the next time the Mechdragon dungeon rolls around they'll have invasions of mobs that skillup the Chinese gods. Probably won't happen till mid October-November for us.

Any news about the Mystic Knight busties? Are they just rumors as of now or have they been confirmed?

exactly. Shiva is my go-to "Red sub with massive HP and ATK" for Ra team.

ZeroAKA

I'm thinking of tackling the Rainbow Keeper without using a zombie team tonight. Will this work with a Green Odin friend?
hcrk95f.png

xCobalt

I'm thinking of tackling the Rainbow Keeper without using a zombie team tonight. Will this work with a Green Odin friend?

That'll work. I would probably replace the earth golem with someone more offensive though. A light monster who can deal more damage to the rainbow keeper preferrably.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Got a few kings on my dragon runs tonight. I forgot to put my alert on all day, so I just got one set in. Got Persephone to 49, so I'll be able to evo her tomorrow I hope!

quin

I got an egg dragon from the pal machine today, so they are definitely there. That brings my total up to five since Thursday. Not so bad.

linsivvi

Well, that makes farming Bowmore just that much easier. Easy to get those mats since it's plant day
and pengdra village
tomorrow.

J0dy77

What's the standard Goemon team?

Echidna, red giant gigas x2 seem like the staples of team. Then add in Horus, Phoenix, Freyr or a Phoenix knight depending on what you have for the extra damage boost. Satan can be thrown in to avoid the annoying heart cascade wipe but you really need a max skill goemon to tackle tougher dungeons with Satan.

Starting Friday:
RARE EGG MACHINE: Carnival of Likes Featuring the top 5 Monsters from the 50k Likes Facebook survey! Player’s Choice! - Archangel Lucifer ☆5 - Horus ☆5 - Incarnation of Kirin, Sakuya ☆5 - Incarnation of Byakko, Haku ☆5 - Hades ☆5 Also included - Sea Deity Neptune ☆6 - Wind Prodigy Sasuke ☆6 - Fortoytops ☆5 - Berserk ☆4 - Pierdrawn ☆4 ...with a higher hit rate at the Rare Egg Machine! *Event Monsters will come out at Lv. 30* Event ends 9/26 11:59 PM (PDT).
lol at those last few. Gungtroll gonna troll.

Radav

I want to personally slap every person who voted for Sasuke, Fortoytops, Berserk and Dawn Joker.

How any of these got votes at all is a mystery to me. I wouldn't put it past gungho to pad the vote to try and slip some crap into the event. I'd only be looking for 2 of any of those from the event so I'll probably pass but, if we had gotten some other more useful stuff in those last 4 spots this would be really nice.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I did Hera with a Haku team. Relatively easy, but it's easy to get heart screwed. I may try a Goemon team now. Goemon/Goemon with Echidna/Siren/Gigas/Horus. Saw some info on a high RCV option. It's all dependent on that RNG, though. I COULD try a Horus/Kirin run. That'd be a joke.

razterik

The worst part of this carnival is that we won't even get an overlapping Godfest.

Just got a 4/4 skill up on Hera-Is. 5/16 so far...

Might throw a few stones at this egg event. I could use Hades and I certainly wouldn't mind a Kirin. Then again pulling for one or two monsters usually ends in heartbreak.

@nicoga if you can run Echdina/Orochi/Chu/Valk, that Horus/Kirin could be a valid option. A more difficult version of the Horus setup I'm using.

I need a better team to farm Hera with...Just wiped on Hera with my Light-based Ra/Horus team (Ra, Gabe, Ench, Dios, D/L Hades, Horus).

I might try with a High HP Ra/Horus or Ra/Ra (subs : Parv, Shiva/Ench, Sieg, D/D Hades)

What teams you guys use to safely / easily farm her?

Having it not overlap with a Godfest is just evil.

like.... Pengdra Village on Plant day evil. hahahaha :(

Radav

I need a better team to farm Hera with...Just wiped on Hera with my Light-based Ra/Horus team (Ra, Gabe, Ench, Dios, D/L Hades, Horus).

I might try with a High HP Ra/Horus or Ra/Ra (subs : Parv, Shiva/Ench, Sieg, D/D Hades)

Im wondering what you guys use to safely farm Hera as well. I'd like to start working on getting Hera-Is skilled up.

J0dy77

Horus/Horus and Horus/Kirin have worked for me but you do have to pay attention. It's not a free run by any stretch.

Edit: Ran Kirin/Horus team. No Hera skillup (i'm 0 for my last 4) I did get another MLK that maxed verche though.

Dunlop

When a monster has "Strong" on it, is it because it will one shot you..as seems to be the case for me?
I'm hitting this now at the dungeons I am at: Tomb of the Saint-Deep: Gate to Hell

and just to mock me I am one component for the final EVO to make my siren and the wednesday dungoeon on expert is handing me my ass.

Is this a HP issue or an overall level of your team?

I'm swapping in higher HP monsters, but am just wondering if I need to make sure all my team is a certain level

leader - 44 Archangel
lvl 50 Wood Ice Ogre
lvl 25 Flame Armor Ogre
lvl 45 Firedragon Tyrannos
lvl 45 Moondragon D'spines

The ogres were just swapped in to give me more HP, but I imagine I am going to need a lot of metal dragon runs to level them all up

StMeph

When a monster has "Strong" on it, is it because it will one shot you..as seems to be the case for me?
I'm hitting this now at the dungeons I am at: Tomb of the Saint-Deep: Gate to Hell

and just to mock me I am one component for the final EVO to make my siren and the wednesday dungoeon on expert is handing me my ass.

Is this a HP issue or an overall level of your team?

I'm swapping in higher HP monsters, but am just wondering if I need to make sure all my team is a certain level

Levels can be kind of arbitrary. It all comes down to stats (HP, ATK, RCV), as a lower level monster can have higher stats than a higher level monster. In no case that I know of does the actual level of the monster matter. Just stats.

A "STRONG" note for the monster means it's capable of dealing 90% or more of your current HP in damage. This note does not include resistances.

Edit:
is puZzdroid worth anything?

Busty evo it to get the equivalent of Shiva's armor-breaking skill.

Wanchan

Shiva's effect carry over on sweep, is it the same for the droid?

Also i thought the facebook picks was for the next godfest, not a carnival...completly misread :( not sure if i'll use stones then.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
How any of these got votes at all is a mystery to me. I wouldn't put it past gungho to pad the vote to try and slip some crap into the event. I'd only be looking for 2 of any of those from the event so I'll probably pass but, if we had gotten some other more useful stuff in those last 4 spots this would be really nice.

Vote was public, so it's easy to check and see what were the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom