• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

J0dy77

I'm going to lose my mind if I don't get this last Crimson Demon Mask to drop. I've spent my entire stamina bar twice in fire forest nerva. Need to evolve my Titan.

So this game does have a soul. I was down to my last attempt when suddenly a 1.5x drop chance popped up on Fire Forest Nerva. Now to farm some reds to level up my new Gigas.

mercviper

Definitely had a 'strong' monster NOT 1 hit KO me. Dropped to about 200 hp though, so maybe Strong means it does 90%+ your total HP?

Also need more stamina to get more fodder to level up my guys. I think the biggest problem is I don't want to feed non-elemental matches to my guys, and I run a fire based team. I'm running with a team that's on average lvl 20, 2500 HP w/o a helper and I'm doing the forest dungeon that's the same tier as Fire Forest Nerva. If the boss has 700 armor, I do on average 500 damage to them lol. Also running into problems of not having evo mats like rubylits or other unknown cards -_-

Should I wait to evolve my pengdras? I have a fire and water pengdra but two ?? evo mats which I'm not sure how to get. Looking around it seems I need ruby/sapphire dragons which are basically non-dark elemental metal dragons?

pulled a vampire in rare pull today, already have a vampire lord...

and all my pal pulls have been nothing but bubblies... the same blue slime, four times, in a row...

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Is there a limit on +stats from eggs on your monsters? I'm assuming 99. Obviously feed RCV to healers, but what about attackers? With this limit in mind, is HP worth it at all or just skip HP and do all ATK?

Ducktail

I want to thank whoever whas the chap in this thread that said you absolutely had to pull a very rare +5 or a god type just after the tutorial.

I've spent 3 freaking hours trying during New Year's eve and I managed to pull a +5 Asgard Wood Mech. And just after that I've maged to get underlord hades (+6)

My question is: is he worth keeping? He has an absurd cost of 20

ToxicAdam

Yea, you can theoretically go up to +297. But I would imagine the costs (versus the stat gain) make that highly unlikely.

I've spent 3 freaking hours trying during New Year's eve and I managed to pull a +5 Asgard Wood Mech. And just after that I've maged to get underlord hades (+6)

I think so. He will make Castle of Satan a piece of cake.

xelios

I want to thank whoever whas the chap in this thread that said you absolutely had to pull a very rare +5 or a god type just after the tutorial.

Not really absurd for a god. 6* are quite rare, might want to think about it. Here's the wiki:

http://zh.pad.wikia.com/wiki/冥界神·ハーデス

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

You got the evolved, 6* version of Hades out of the gacha? With the 30% HP damage skill? Damnit I'm so jealous, i got the regular, 5* version, and he takes FOREVER to level up... not to mention evolve, at some point. I'm jealous.

30% HP reduction skill is AMAZING for high-HP bosses. It "hits" for a LOT more than regular hits, esp if you start the fight off with it.

Team cost of 20 is nothing, and Hades is pretty good and worth keeping.

mjc

Man, there needed to be an English wiki like two weeks ago. I've been hunting for a Dragon Plant to evolve my Tyran and I can't find one anywhere.

MicH

Damn this stamina! I still haven't horten the boss in Blade of Justice drop (Can only manage Adept) and I have Zgold dragons in an hour... Can't hain stamina fast enough :(

Victrix

*beard*
Man, there needed to be an English wiki like two weeks ago. I've been hunting for a Dragon Plant to evolve my Tyran and I can't find one anywhere.

Thursday dungeon

Farming for evo materials outside the dailies is a waste of stamina imo, but you can get them from Tower of Giants

ToxicAdam

Thursday Dungeon or any level of the Tower of Giants (better to do this on the weekend w/ half stamina).

Well, all good things must come to an end I guess. I went into the weekend at rank 20, and then made heavy use of the Tower of the Giants "exploit" to powerlevel to rank 42 over the weekend without ever needing to use a magic stone to refill my stamina. So I basically was able to play literally non-stop all of Saturday and Sunday without having to take a break to wait for stamina. But now that it's over, and now that it costs too much exp to level, I guess I won't be able to do that anymore.

I've got my starter dragon (Tyrannos) as well as the 2 starter light / dark dragons that I got from the present both up to Lv. 35 so i'm waiting on the Tuesday dungeon to farm the 3 keepers I need. Also managed to clear Castle of Satan and the first 2 technical dungeons, but the third technical dungeon is absolutely ridiculous. One of the trash mobs one-shotted me with over 5,000 HP.

I guess from here I'll just spend some time farming Pengdras from the first technical dungeon, levelling them up to 10 but not evolving them, and using those to feed my main guys up to about level 40 each or so. Then hopefully I can progress to Tower of Flare. Maybe from time to time I'll run Witches Ball in hopes of getting Vampire or Lilith.

Seems like my progress is about to slow down dramatically though :(

mercviper

I guess from here I'll just spend some time farming Pengrads from the first technical dungeon, levelling them up to 10 but not evolving them, and using those to feed my main guys up to about level 40 each or so.

Why not evolving them? is it too much a hassle to get the evo mats? I'm asking because I have a couple pengdras myself waiting to evolve but I haven't seen the mats yet so I'm considering eating them now.

Owzers

:( i'm getting hammered again, got destroyed on the second level of the Blade of Justice Expert with a mandrake leader, earth guardian for hp, lilith, dark dragon knight, dark mach 2, and a Vampire Lord helper. With 6300 hp i got one shotted by 3 light knights attacking at once. I'm too far into the game to restart and try to get a better rare monster, yet my monsters are all over their heads. Will i even be able to beat a Keeper stage to evolve anything?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
:( i'm getting hammered again, got destroyed on the second level of the Blade of Justice Expert with a mandrake leader, earth guardian for hp, lilith, dark dragon knight, dark mach 2, and a Vampire Lord helper. With 6300 hp i got one shotted by 3 light knights attacking at once. I'm too far into the game to restart and try to get a better rare monster, yet my monsters are all over their heads. Will i even be able to beat a Keeper stage to evolve anything?

There's your problem. Why are you playing on expert when your team isn't ready for it? Just play the lower difficulties until your team is good enough... you have a lot of evolving left you can do? e.g. Mandrake for sure.

Why not evolving them? is it too much a hassle to get the evo mats? I'm asking because I have a couple pengdras myself waiting to evolve but I haven't seen the mats yet so I'm considering eating them now.

Yea, the evo mats are really hard to come by. They require 2 same-color metal dragons, which means if you have a green pengdra (which is most likely since green is the first technical dungeon), you need 2 green metal dragons. Ever seen a green metal dragon? I haven't, I guess they don't open up until much later. Plus they need dragon plants, which are a really rare drop in Tower of the Giants. I only have 3 after doing Tower of the Giants like 50 times this weekend

Edit: Still, feeding Lv. 10 pengdras to your guys is a great way to level up. You get like 6k exp for one, and it takes less than 6k exp to feed one up to Lv. 10. So it's a net profit. Get 5 of them up to Lv. 10 (only requires maybe 3 runs of a tech dungeon), and then you got anywhere from 30k-60k exp for one of your mains depending on if you get lucky with the exp multiplier

I'm at a crossroads. I want to put some money into this game, considering how much I'm enjoying it, but I'm also thinking about rerolling for amaterasu.

Current important players: mermaid, verche, starter red, lil red and blue, d'spina. Thoughts?

I'm at a crossroads. I want to put some money into this game, considering how much I'm enjoying it, but I'm also thinking about rerolling for amaterasu.

Current important players: mermaid, verche, starter red, lil red and blue, d'spina. Thoughts?

how many dungeons have you done?

What other 3stars do you have?

Can't you just use magic stones to get Amaterasu at a later date? I mean do you really need her IMMEDIATELY? If you want to put money into the game, then why not wait until there's a increased chance of Amaterasu from the egg machine then use the money there.

I think rerolling specifically for Amaterasu would be a huge crapshoot. There are a lot of different mobs that can come out of there, and waiting for a specific one could take ages.

how many dungeons have you done?

What other 3stars do you have?

Up to the tower of giants. I also have a titan, naga, flame golem, and various metal dragons. I'm feeling like re-rolling already, just want to make sure that I don't have anything super valuable that would be stupid to throw away.

ToxicAdam

Your mermaid can be evolved into a Siren. Which is about as valuable a healer as an Amaterasu is. It just will take some work.

Ducktail

Not really absurd for a god. 6* are quite rare, might want to think about it. Here's the wiki:

http://zh.pad.wikia.com/wiki/冥界神·ハーデス

Thanks! But I just wish there was a wiki in English. I have no idea where to get evo materials (sold all of them earlier on into the game)

You got the evolved, 6* version of Hades out of the gacha? With the 30% HP damage skill? Damnit I'm so jealous, i got the regular, 5* version, and he takes FOREVER to level up... not to mention evolve, at some point. I'm jealous.

30% HP reduction skill is AMAZING for high-HP bosses. It "hits" for a LOT more than regular hits, esp if you start the fight off with it.

So I was actually lucky? Good to know! Personally, I've always found one of my golem's huge dark counterattack way more useful for boss battles.

Owzers

There's your problem. Why are you playing on expert when your team isn't ready for it? Just play the lower difficulties until your team is good enough... you have a lot of evolving left you can do? e.g. Mandrake for sure.

Do you know if i'll be able to beat the Keeper of the Green dungeon when it comes around so i can get the material to evolve mandrake?

How hard are the keeper dungeons? If I can beat Adept special dungeons, and I'm post Castle of Satan and done a few of the green technical dungeons, should I have any problem here?

And are the keepers 100% drop from the boss? I need fire, dark, and light keepers.

Odd, the gold dragon event is supposed to be active for me now but it's not up. Is the schedule wrong?

I just checked randomly and it was up for me. It seems like the time listed on the schedule is showing 1 hour later than reality. So I think you might have missed it :(

I noticed the same thing during the dragon event yesterday.

Edit: Thatw as just me being stupid apparently, it's correct.

How hard are the keeper dungeons? If I can beat Adept special dungeons, and I'm post Castle of Satan and done a few of the green technical dungeons, should I have any problem here?

And are the keepers 100% drop from the boss? I need fire, dark, and light keepers.
Keeper dungeons, barring the Rainbow one, are approximately Expert in difficulty. You should be able to handle it at your level provided you can survive the hard-hitting keepers. Fire/water/earth keepers are 100% drops but the light/dark ones are not and aren't guaranteed spawns outside of the Rainbow Keeper dungeon, I believe.

The metal dragon dungeons aren't difficult but you need to have a good source of healing if you're still very early in the game.

ToxicAdam

You just need a strong healer and about 5000 hps. They hit for over 3000 every 3 turns. A damage reducer wouldn't hurt either if you can't get a healer. Hades wouldn't be a bad choice either as his special will save you some time in fighting those guys.

If you run across the light/dark its a sure drop. Not sure about the other colored keepers.

xelios

photo454pd7.png

Pretty nice haul. Should get 6* Amaterasu to roughly level 55 once I evolve her Tuesday.

Also holy shit no one told me you get rich from the gold dragon dungeon.

lenni

Odd, the gold dragon event is supposed to be active for me now but it's not up. Is the schedule wrong?

Was right for me.

Ran it 2 times and are planning to spend magic stones on stamina refill the second time it comes around for me, but I only got 14 normal Gold Dragons out of my runs.
King or even High would be nice, I have more than enough gold so I don't need the small ones...

http://www.abload.de/img/photo454pd7.png

Pretty nice haul. Should get 6* Amaterasu to roughly level 55 once I evolve her Tuesday.

Also holy shit no one told me you get rich from the gold dragon dungeon.

I'm soooo jealous :(

Anyone higher levels willing to add me? I've had shit luck on the rare machine so I don't have any gods, and all the friends that I typically use as helpers have been dropping me I guess.

Here's my box:

HAi0i.jpg

mercviper

Yea, the evo mats are really hard to come by. They require 2 same-color metal dragons, which means if you have a green pengdra (which is most likely since green is the first technical dungeon), you need 2 green metal dragons. Ever seen a green metal dragon? I haven't, I guess they don't open up until much later. Plus they need dragon plants, which are a really rare drop in Tower of the Giants. I only have 3 after doing Tower of the Giants like 50 times this weekend

Edit: Still, feeding Lv. 10 pengdras to your guys is a great way to level up. You get like 6k exp for one, and it takes less than 6k exp to feed one up to Lv. 10. So it's a net profit. Get 5 of them up to Lv. 10 (only requires maybe 3 runs of a tech dungeon), and then you got anywhere from 30k-60k exp for one of your mains depending on if you get lucky with the exp multiplier

Yeah I got mine from pal eggs I think. I guess I'll just feed them for 9k xp of the corresponding color. I actually have like 6 plants that I'm not using. :x

Can't you just use magic stones to get Amaterasu at a later date? I mean do you really need her IMMEDIATELY? If you want to put money into the game, then why not wait until there's a increased chance of Amaterasu from the egg machine then use the money there.

I think rerolling specifically for Amaterasu would be a huge crapshoot. There are a lot of different mobs that can come out of there, and waiting for a specific one could take ages.

Now would be the time to reroll for Amaterasu since the current event is +chance for light, including Amu. On my phone I'm rerolling until I get her or the event ends, and in that case I'll just use one of the somewhat decent rolls I have backed up. So far in backup I have Mermaid, Dragon Knight, Angel and Thor.

Yeah I got mine from pal eggs I think. I guess I'll just feed them for 9k xp of the corresponding color. I actually have like 6 plants that I'm not using. :x

Now would be the time to reroll for Amaterasu since the current event is +chance for light, including Amu. On my phone I'm rerolling until I get her or the event ends, and in that case I'll just use one of the somewhat decent rolls I have backed up. So far in backup I have Mermaid, Dragon Knight, Angel and Thor.

Isn't that event over now?

mercviper

Isn't that event over now?

Not for me? I'm still getting lvl 30 light monsters. Like the angel and thor I posted that I rolled was from this morning.

Edit: reread the event text. I guess the 100k downloads event replaced it. I don't see amu on the list of higher chance drops anymore.

Edit 2: then again, the 100k event is only for pal anyway. There is text that says the "golden light splits the darkness" is available at the rare egg machine, I assume that refers the amu/light event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom