• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

linsivvi

Managed to clear Batman collab Legend with Haku. It worked as planned.

My subs were: Hera/Hera-Is/Echidna/Vampire

Charge all skills in the first 5 rounds, ran into Bane in round 6, used gravity and Haku and next turn vampire and combo. Joker I popped Echidna's ability, then gravity and Haku again and finished him off with a couple more combos.

coy

Merry Christmas all! Enjoyed myself a typical drunken family get-together last night but did manage to get some gaming in. And just now, got a tamadra 1st floor ruby dungeon on my alt! Best present I got.

http://mobile.gungho.jp/news/pad/131226_skill.html

Horus and isis stat buffs go live tomorrow. Horus gaines 200 atk. And 90 rcv.

Angel and Ra get their ultimates tomorrow as well. Both Angels get a god subtype while the light/light angel gains a new leader skill(2x hp and attack for healer types)

http://mobile.gungho.jp/news/pad/131226_sinka.html

Would a healer team benefit in a 2/4/2 team configuration? I was thinking if Alraune or Lilith or whoever might get 2x ATK / 2x RCV, but the RCV may be good enough without a multiplier bonus. 4/4/1 Angel/Angel healer team perhaps?

I'm also considering going W/D Vamp for the Physical subtype with Isis getting one as well. Between Siegfried, Megalodran, Bubblie, D/L Batman and Goemon, I'd like to test this team's limits in dungeons. What I wouldn't do for Blue Odin, though.

Zero_IYAD

yeah speaking from experience...I wouldn't worry about it

My thoughts are that they are concerned more with folks cheating the monster levels, magic stones, manipulating server data, etc.

I've updated it several times while running. I wouldn't worry.

I deleted it for a while but reinstalled it recently and PAD can never detect it any more. There are two versions of puzz combos on the play store and one of them is outdated. Are you sure you have the right version?

This is the old one:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.forrep.puzzdra.navigation&hl=en

This is the correct one (last update Dec 6th):
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.forrep.pad.combo

And if you're really scared you can use the web version:
http://pad.forrep.com/

Don't worry. Your account isn't going to get suspended. Feel free to use the puzz combo app in the future.
Thanks for the assurance you guys :")
Turns out I downloaded the older version on Google Play.

I do agree using such apps & the ones that detect the drops kill the fun, but sometimes it gets really annoying & unfair.
Either way, am never using these again.
Don't wanna risk losing this game.
I play daily for hours & am happy with that =_=

Genji

Tried Batman on master again, this time with a Valk team. Stalled on the early rounds against the lower version of Solomon Grundy, used Shynee on Bane, and then menace on Joker to kill him.

J0dy77

It was just about a year ago that I saw Cosmo's original OT and tried PAD. The first time I played I remember seeing the blobs in the tutorial and hearing cheesy music thinking, "what is this crap?"... Delete. Then I kept seeing the thread on the first page and gave it another shot. My opinion changed slightly on that second play through (LOL). PAD was by far my most played game of 2013.

I wouldn't have progressed or enjoyed the game without the people in our thread. Looking forward to another year in our little corner of GAF.

Merry Christmas PAD GAF!!!

Merry Christmas all! Enjoyed myself a typical drunken family get-together last night but did manage to get some gaming in. And just now, got a tamadra 1st floor ruby dungeon on my alt! Best present I got.

Would a healer team benefit in a 2/4/2 team configuration? I was thinking if Alraune or Lilith or whoever might get 2x ATK / 2x RCV, but the RCV may be good enough without a multiplier bonus. 4/4/1 Angel/Angel healer team perhaps?

I'm also considering going W/D Vamp for the Physical subtype with Isis getting one as well. Between Siegfried, Megalodran, Bubblie, D/L Batman and Goemon, I'd like to test this team's limits in dungeons. What I wouldn't do for Blue Odin, though.

The greatest weakness of Healer teams is their terrible HP so twintail Angel is fucking great for that. And since they already have great RCV it might not even be necesssary to run a recovery multiplier leader and just have a Valk as the other friend leader.

Kouriozan

So, after playing a lot with Meimei (rank 42 or so), I decided to reroll.
She is good but I don't really like her play style, I'm having hard time in technical dungeon whereas it was really easy with my Green Odin in the US version last year.
This time, it's Kushinadahime/Bastet or nothing! See you next in 10 days. :lol
Playing almost non stop until I get her or the Floral Carnival is over.

razterik

Merry PADmas everybody!

Today is my one year mark as well. Can't believe I made it so long.

Aw god dammit at the other angel ultimate needing twin lits. Planning to run that with a light meta friend.

Yeah, Braid Angel has some nice team combinations. A 4/4/1 squad will run about 40-50k HP with 4-5k RCV. Maybe run dual (triple?) Echidna for safety. No real spike (12x at best) or gravity, so a grind team.

A 2/7/1 with Light Tron is interesting. Solves her preemptive problem in most cases. 25k HP and a 21x spike.

Merry Christmas gaf, and may the roll be steady and full of Joy..
Gonna Charge 60 stones for my trollfest of Christmas..
Should be this saturday most likely

atlantos

Neo Member
Merry Christmas all... thank you all for your help and tips.. I may not post much but I do visit this thread almost everyday..

J0dy77

Time to start leveling up Archangel. Her busty is pretty crazy. Leader skill becomes 2x ATK and HP for healer types, duel yellow and has strong stats. Will be real nice paired with the endless Valk leaders. She also has a light/water evo that keeps the auto heal leader skill.

Now if they would just busty Siren. She's overdue.

Jagernaut

Just beat Blackgate Prison on Master with a Haku team. I used:

Haku
Dark Liege Vampire Duke
D/W Batman
D/D Loki
Echidna
Haku

Haku + Batman one shot Bane and Haku + Loki took out Joker. The hardest part was stalling for skills without killing enemies too quickly.

before people said archangel wasn't worth the effort to level for a healer team. now that she is stronger, would you still suggest not usong her, or should i level them?

Cleared the batman collabo for stones. Goemon makes it a complete pushover.

Legend:
Gnkm0zMl.jpg

Master:

I ran Master first with the two RGG subs. I subbed in a Freyr for Legend. Note that I wasn't able to one shot Bane on legend even with extra fire power from Freyr's enhance. After popping Goemon's Active, I didn't get any extra damage from cascades. Otherwise the method is simple. Charge on floors 1-5. Goemon on last two floors with enhance from Freyr and Horus. Grundys are really resilient against fire so combo higher to ensure you burst them down.

ccbfan

The new 4/4/1 team pretty much replaced all tank teams in the game.

Huge game changer.

Literally just made all 2/4/2 and 4/1/4 mono color team obsolete.

Think of an

Angel
Valk
Valk
Amu
Enchilada
Angel

Team

50k + hp
A ton of attack
Decent spike with 2x valk
A ton of rev
Immune to bind because of amu
2k auto heal.

Or

Angel
3x max skilled ebchilada
Max awoken amu
Angel

None of the twinlit evos have made me go I must get this. This might be the first one.

xCobalt

The new 4/4/1 team pretty much replaced all tank teams in the game.

Huge game changer.

Literally just made all 2/4/2 and 4/1/4 mono color team obsolete.

I think you're over estimating this team. I haven't done the math but I doubt it has enough recovery to surpass 4/1/4 teams. The healing is probably on par with 2x recovery but sometimes that isn't enough for defensive teams.

Noirulus

I think I'm finally ready to take on Hera.

I'll be going in with:

SoD Luci (Lv. 56, +21)
Underlord Hades (Lvl. 33)
RK
Chaos Dragon Knight (Lvl. 38, 1 skill up)
Drawn Joker (Lvl. 41, no skill ups)
SoD Luci (Lv 50 - 90, depends on which one is available when the dungeon is up)

This should do it, yeah?

In other news, I ult evo'd Vamp Lord to his D/B busty. 2x atk/rcv has made grinding levels much easier for me with batman helpers <3

P.S Happy Holidays to everyone!

I think I'm finally ready to take on Hera.

I'll be going in with:

SoD Luci (Lv. 56, +21)
Underlord Hades (Lvl. 33)
RK
Chaos Dragon Knight (Lvl. 38, 1 skill up)
Drawn Joker (Lvl. 41, no skill ups)
SoD Luci (Lv 50 - 90, depends on which one is available when the dungeon is up)

This should do it, yeah?

In other news, I ult evo'd Vamp Lord to his D/B busty. 2x atk/rcv has made grinding levels much easier for me with batman helpers <3

P.S Happy Holidays to everyone!

if you haven't added me, you should. level 99 batman fully aeakened. 355,360,234.

I think you're over estimating this team. I haven't done the math but I doubt it has enough recovery to surpass 4/1/4 teams. The healing is probably on par with 2x recovery but sometimes that isn't enough for defensive teams.
Just doing some napkin math, including a friend leader my healer team has about 3000 raw RCV compared to 2100 for my 2/4/2. Not bad, but still not as good after the RCV multiplier is taken into account.

Was at full stamina last night and nothing to really spend it on so I tried Kouryu for the first time, it went pretty good but I had to spend a stone on round two cause the board refused to give me any hearts. Then when I was at Kouryu and had everything popped and basically a guaranteed kill I accidentally touched the screen and switched places of two orbs while planning my last move. I almost cried.

J0dy77

before people said archangel wasn't worth the effort to level for a healer team. now that she is stronger, would you still suggest not usong her, or should i level them?

These busties will make her worth while, definitely. Although the Yellow/Yellow busty will have to wait a while since it requires to light twinlits that will have priority elsewhere.

Cleared the batman collabo for stones. Goemon makes it a complete pushover. .

Be very careful with a Goemon team. It sounds like Log avoided evolved firefly on round 3. He has a chance of spawning with Grundy and the green mob (forget his name). Firefly does a preemptive attack for almost 3k damage so if you're in the 20% health range you need to be real careful.

ccbfan

Just doing some napkin math, including a friend leader my healer team has about 3000 raw RCV compared to 2100 for my 2/4/2. Not bad, but still not as good after the RCV multiplier is taken into account.

Thats really low for a healer team. Mine has 3500 but I do have some +RCV eggs.

Also it really depends on how you build your healer team.

If you're running a 4/4/1 team you're not going to use a Shynee since its not going to be a pure spike team any more. You have the hp now to survive attacks. You want stat sticks now instead.

So a typical 4/4/1 Healer team (The one I would be using since I'm a non-IAP user and have terrible luck with rare rolls) could be

Angel (700+ RCV)
Enchilada (700+ RCV)
Enchilada (700+RCV)
Valk (600+RCV)
Valk (600+RCV)

Angel (700+ RCV)

That's 4000+ right there. Plus 2000 auto heal, Decent Bind resist, Good attack, 40K+ HP, 2 3 turn delay.

All this with a completely non-rare roll team and before we find out the other healers ult evos. 9x healers would still be better for easy grind teams but this can pretty much clear all the 2/4/2 team's content.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Man, I got super lucky on Susano skillups. 2nd max skilled Susano, still have 32 leeks. I guess I'll just get my 4 evolved leeks and sell the rest, haha.

J0dy77

Man, I got super lucky on Susano skillups. 2nd max skilled Susano, still have 32 leeks. I guess I'll just get my 4 evolved leeks and sell the rest, haha.

I dislike you good sir.

I'm still on zero skillups with my first. I'm on one of those runs with skillups where the game feels like it is broken.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I dislike you good sir.

I'm still on zero skillups with my first. I'm on one of those runs with skillups where the game feels like it is broken.

Yeah, I probably only fed around 60 leeks for BOTH max skilled. Crazy.

I will say, I've noticed a LOT more success by feeding in groups of 3. Maybe it's mental, but I've read other folks having success with 3-4 feeds at a time, too.

E: Finally evolved and pumped my Joker a bit. Makes Thursday dungeon so much easier. Joker/Kagu or Joker/Joker = lol

0/18 on susano skill ups...

This is ridiculous. Even echidna never went more than 15 without a skill up..

Also 0/3 on Ra skill ups,

Overall this has been a terrible skill up event for me

massoluk

Banned
I have every tech dungeon unlocked, name which one

Right now you can only get Light and Dark from Pengdras villlage and Pal machines.
The other Pendras just drop basically on every tech dungeon, just look at the names of the dungeons. But I think you know that already and I'm missing something. I just go to the first 3 if I'm too lazy and need specific color.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Might drop 5-6 stone on this.
I have 47 dark dragon, 60ish blue, 39 gold, 52 green..
So pengdra are the core issue atm

I've got the other issue going on - lots of Pengdra, not enough dragons. I didn't get to run many dragons yesterday due to Christmas. But I'll stock up on more Pengdra and Dragon Plants so I can max monsters once I get my various dragons.

E: Which Yomi is considered the better busty? Ignoring the fact that twinlits aren't available yet...

Right now you can only get Light and Dark from Pengdras villlage and Pal machines.
The other Pendras just drop basically on every tech dungeon, just look at the names of the dungeons. But I think you know that already and I'm missing something. I just go to the first 3 if I'm too lazy and need specific color.
Yeah. Ut either my luck is terrible or they rarely drop tricolor pengdra..

Nista

I've got the other issue going on - lots of Pengdra, not enough dragons. I didn't get to run many dragons yesterday due to Christmas. But I'll stock up on more Pengdra and Dragon Plants so I can max monsters once I get my various dragons.

E: Which Yomi is considered the better busty? Ignoring the fact that twinlits aren't available yet...

Think D/L Yomi is better from the JP player teams I've seen. I have three Yomis sitting in my box, so I'll do one of each eventually. Though I wonder what I could make with a 3 Yomi team?

Flambe

Guh, leveling & evolving Pengdra is one of the hardest tasks in this game
My finger is killing me from over tapping T~T

Dunno if you know but here's a tip

After you push the button to cook the pengdra (or any monster) instead of waiting to push Skip push Back instead and you go right back to monster box, saves decent time

Zero_IYAD

Dunno if you know but here's a tip

After you push the button to cook the pengdra (or any monster) instead of waiting to push Skip push Back instead and you go right back to monster box, saves decent time
Never tried this before @__@ !!
So I just fuse & press back! Will give it a try!
Thanks a million

Be very careful with a Goemon team. It sounds like Log avoided evolved firefly on round 3. He has a chance of spawning with Grundy and the green mob (forget his name). Firefly does a preemptive attack for almost 3k damage so if you're in the 20% health range you need to be real careful.
Yeah. Firefly stopped my Goemon team, cold (hot?).

I think a safer team to use is SOD Lucifer with three gravities. As long as Bane doesn't show up on round 6, you can easily 0-stone it.

Top Bottom