• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Ducarmel

JP 2x coin dungeon is killing me right now. No Shiba drops so far, lots of runs Shibas not even spawn. Going to quit and hope dark Shiba wins the next survey.

linsivvi

Max skilled Linthia over the last event. Loving these 40 stamina permanent dungeons with good xp and at 3 mins refresh rate

Akechi and Zaerog∞ next.

NineH

I can't believe how dumb my Durga is. She went 2/30 on skillups so now I have to wait for the dark insect dungeon to roll back around.

So after about 12 runs of dog Dragons I've picked up 3 dark Shibas. At this rate I should be able to max skill him. If the next event featured 3x skillups I would be so happy.

A part of me hopes they don't give us 10x descends in the next event so I don't have to split my focus. I'm holding off on the Descended Challenge in case they do though.

ZeroAKA

So after about 12 runs of dog Dragons I've picked up 3 dark Shibas. At this rate I should be able to max skill him. If the next event featured 3x skillups I would be so happy.

A part of me hopes they don't give us 10x descends in the next event so I don't have to split my focus. I'm holding off on the Descended Challenge in case they do though.
What difficulty are you running? I'm farming expert at 2x drop, but I'm not sure whether to switch after the drop rate boost is over.

I'm sticking with Mythical I think. General consensus seems to be that the appearance rate is terrible. But I'm curious to see results from expert to know if I should change it up for 2x days.

ZeroAKA

I'm sticking with Mythical I think. General consensus seems to be that the appearance rate is terrible. But I'm curious to see results from expert to know if I should change it up for 2x days.
I've gotten 2 Shibas in my 6 expert runs so far and 0 from the other difficulties, which I've only completed once for the stone.

I cleared mythical once this morning and had 2 drop. I'm going to try and farm it this afternoon, with hopefully 1 stone of stamina refresh and one rank-up. Not ready to go crazy on it, but I have 2 that need to be max skilled.

After farming TAMAs to skill-up my fourth Rodin (I debated just selling for MP, but nah), I've actually run out of monsters to awaken, aside from those that haven't been evo'd yet. That's crazy. And I still have 49 adult TAMAs in reserve.

I hated Z8 until I switched to Bastet, now it's a breeze even with suboptimal subs

How many plus eggs to you need on that team? I've got a decent enough Bastet team in my box, but it's not a priority and I haven't worked on it at all. If I could do it with just my friends hypermax, that'd be awesome.

How many plus eggs to you need on that team? I've got a decent enough Bastet team in my box, but it's not a priority and I haven't worked on it at all. If I could do it with just my friends hypermax, that'd be awesome.
You don't need any. Key is having 1 full board change and 1-2 fast orb changers IMO.
w8lSTg9.jpg

That's what I used to clear the challenge dungeon. Meimei and Robin don't even have any skillups. Use Cat-Scratch Fever on Floor 1, one of the two biweeklies if necessary, the super kings floor, regular Zaerog if necessary, and turn 1 on Z8's second form. The next turn, you can either just kill him or get him under 50%, which will turn him blue and make him easy. Use orb changers if you lack the ability to prong or if you need to push damage through to clear a floor and can't stall.

hermit7

I have about 130 total minus hyper friend.

Ended up beating it with Bastet. Subbed out perseus for a third board changer and got it done. The early floors are kind of bs more than the last 3. You need skills for later and if you pop one then it's so hard.

Beat deus ex as well with i&i. Stall on each floor and burst then I popped Orochi for the stall and burst her over those turns.

Anyone have a Parv they can put up? I don't have mine up very often but I find her best for beating wadatsumi

coy

I have about 130 total minus hyper friend.

Ended up beating it with Bastet. Subbed out perseus for a third board changer and got it done. The early floors are kind of bs more than the last 3. You need skills for later and if you pop one then it's so hard.

Beat deus ex as well with i&i. Stall on each floor and burst then I popped Orochi for the stall and burst her over those turns.

Anyone have a Parv they can put up? I don't have mine up very often but I find her best for beating wadatsumi
Are we friends? My Parvati is hypermax to use.

forgrim

Anyone have experience with an awoken ra team? Im very close to awakening ra and wondering if its only good with other awoken ras or i can run with a ra dragon

Ra lkali susano valk and blodin is what i plan... for now

coy

I added you. I don't really use her cause she is not plussed but I think she is the best option for her high damage and elemental advantage.

Agreed as she is who I use for Wadatsumi as well. Plus, the RCV bonus is quite helpful on U&Y floor what with the wood damage absorb.

Anyone have experience with an awoken ra team? Im very close to awakening ra and wondering if its only good with other awoken ras or i can run with a ra dragon

Ra lkali susano valk and blodin is what i plan... for now
I love Ra though I've been using Sakuya more lately but playing her just like a Ra team. Though I've not paired up with Radra, I don't think it'd be an issue. However, using Valk would get rid of heart orbs so you wouldn't be getting the max damage multiplier on that turn.

Just realized I might be better off running the Wood and Dark Dog Dragon dungeon instead of the current one. I'll need to run that one anyway to get Ishida skill ups, so I wonder if running it now is a waste...

hermit7

Anyone beaten scarlet ever? I don't know what the best team is for it. Sakuya seems good for it but it I shard to burst through the second floor on one shot. And the hp is so low that any hit from them destroys.

Tried with shiva as well but had the same issue.

I really just don't know who to use. Ra might be better, harder to proc, but easier to hit the max damage threshold.

razterik

For most teams, Scarlet is all about blasting through each floor as fast as possible. A lot of things will oneshot if given the chance. I've beaten it with A.Shiva, A.Sakuya and A.Ra, but heavily plussed and near ideal subs. Have to be prepared to blow an active on any floor if you can't activate or won't deal enough damage. Bad luck or orb trolling can flat out end your run.

Blue teams have a solid advantage here, provided you have a solution to Hera's preempt. Red teams with HP bonus and jammer conversion also fair well, especially Raoh.

hermit7

For most teams, Scarlet is all about blasting through each floor as fast as possible. A lot of things will oneshot if given the chance. I've beaten it with A.Shiva, A.Sakuya and A.Ra, but heavily plussed and near ideal subs. Have to be prepared to blow an active on any floor if you can't activate or won't deal enough damage. Bad luck or orb trolling can flat out end your run.

Blue teams have a solid advantage here, provided you have a solution to Hera's preempt. Red teams with HP bonus and jammer conversion also fair well, especially Raoh.

Raoh/ freyr? With leilan, uriel, ares, caocao. All are maxed. You're describing the issue that I am having. Burst or die and I haven't been able to string together the damage necessary.

razterik

Thinking more Raoh/Raoh, but Freyr pairing should be valid if you can make it over the preempt hit. I'm not sure about using both Ares (R/L?) and Uriel since they're lowering your HP and attack without Raoh's leader skill. A shield or maybe another delay might be better in one of those slots if those are your best options.

After running expert a bunch of times then switching to master then mythical, the Akechi dogs definitely appear more frequently on higher difficulties. Not sure if the drop rate is twice as high though, plus the longer time for running mythical over mindless expert farming.

Edit: So has the memorial gacha updated with new Pantheons yet? I still haven't pulled mine and don't know where to find a listing of possible monsters that can be pulled.

Rixa

After running expert a bunch of times then switching to master then mythical, the Akechi dogs definitely appear more frequently on higher difficulties. Not sure if the drop rate is twice as high though, plus the longer time for running mythical over mindless expert farming.

Edit: So has the memorial gacha updated with new Pantheons yet? I still haven't pulled mine and don't know where to find a listing of possible monsters that can be pulled.

This is from GungHo FB, August 2015. I dont know if they have changed the list. I doubt it.

GungHoNA said:
*Memorial Egg Machine & Best Friend Renewal!*
[Starting]: 8/21 (Fri), 3:00 AM (PDT)
Our most fitting finale to our Thousand Day Event has arrived! After the maintenance on 8/21 (Fri), the Memorial Egg Machine will be unlocked.
For all users at the rank of 150 and above, a one-time pull from this Machine will guarantee the release of a God!

For the entire list of Gods included, see the list below:

- Greco-Roman Series 1 -

122 Minerva
124 Neptune
126 Ceres
128 Venus
130 Hades

- Japanese Series 1 -

132 Kagutsuchi
134 Viper Orochi
136 Susano
138 Amaterasu
140 Yomi

- Indian Series 1-

236 Shiva
238 Lakshmi
240 Parvati
242 Indra
244 Vritra

- Norse Series -

368 Freyr
370 Idunn&idunna
372 Freyja
374 Thor
376 Loki

- Egyptian Series 1 -

490 Horus
492 Isis
494 Bastet
496 Ra
498 Anubis

- Greco-Roman Series 2 -

567 Ares
569 Hermes
571 Artemis
573 Apollo
575 Persephone

- Angels Series -

620 Archangel Uriel
622 Archangel Gabriel
624 Archangel Michael
626 Archangel Raphael
628 Archangel Lucifer

- Demons Series -

630 Belial
632 Amon
634 Astaroth
636 Baal
638 Fallen Angel Lucifer

- Five Elements Series -

745 Incarnation of Suzaku, Leilan
747 Incarnation of Seiryuu, Karin
749 Incarnation of Genbu, Meimei
751 Incarnation of Kirin, Sakuya
753 Incarnation of Byakko, Haku

- Japanese Series 2 -

799 Ame no Uzume
801 Umisachi&Yamasachi
803 Kushinadahime
805 Izanagi
807 Okuninushi

- Hero Gods Series -

1065 Yamato Takeru
1067 Andromeda
1069 Perseus
1071 Sun Wukong
1073 Pandora

- Godfest Exclusive Gods -

362 Odin
364 Odin, the War Deity
1107 Phantom God, Odin
640 Archangel Metatron
642 Dark Angel Metatron
911 Red Dragon Caller, Sonia
913 Jade Dragon Caller, Sonia
1088 Blue Dragon Caller, Sonia

There are some good pulls :p.

razterik

Interesting tidbit for JP: the 10x plus egg tag indicator replaces the usual 2x drop rate tag for coin dungeon descends like Sowilo. It makes the plus egg rate much less efficient compared to before when 2x was active at the same time as the untagged 10x.

Anyone in NA aiming for A.Pandora should consider grabbing a Sutr today.

Bladelaw

So I'm hanging on to skill up mats for Vishnu because given my experience with skilling up at 2.5x chance I'd rather hoard.

The calculator linked in the PAD reddit says that 45 attempts at 2.5x will give me a >50% chance to max out Vishnu. Now I don't actually have the box space (holding on to some evo mats that will clear out pretty quick once Friday rolls around).

In the mean time I do need to manage space. I'm looking for help in trimming my box.

What can I safely get rid of to free up some slots? Even if it's not the ~35 spots I need any help is appreciated.

Here's my box

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Just had a perfect Scarlet run...until i forgot to use Susanos active before Heras pre-emptive, first time that ever happened to me and i felt so stupid lol.

smbu2000

Well I did get in one final pull on each of mine before this past GF ended. I picked up garbage on my iPad, but on my iPhone i picked up Sylvie, a 6 star GFE. Nice! I'm not sure how much I'll use her, but it's nice to pick up a new card. She can be used on either a row or TPA team with 2 of each as well as having a 3 color board change skill along with a 1 turn haste. Too bad she doesn't have an SBR though.

I finished the last few plus eggs on my Castor now too and he is hyper. I've put him on my YD team now in place of Persephone. I lose the 1 SB, but I can use him right away for his haste and his cooldown is quicker than Persephone.

My YD team is now: YD/Eschamali/A.Haku/Okuni/Castor. I have my second A.Haku hyper as well, but I don't seem to have much use for her with Persephone and now Castor. Maybe for farming certain dungeons.

I've also been working on skilling up the Persephone I picked up on my iPad. I think I will use her to replace Lumiel on my YD team. Lumiel has nice power, but her skill can be hit or miss. Persephone is more consistent.

Bladelaw

Also the Noah tournament is my bane. I can reliably clear it (Awoken Lakshmi will thank me later) but my score gets tanked on the Pii floor.

The only options I see for my A. Shiva team is to pull along a Rodin/Awoken Ra friend or sub in my own Awoken Ra (I don't have my own Rodin else he'd be in play). When I try with either I stall out elsewhere or just flat out get wrecked due to lack of damage in time for the enemy. Is this just a matter of "git gud"?

I don't expect to get anything crazy, but a positive score would be nice.

coy

Just had a perfect Scarlet run...until i forgot to use Susanos active before Heras pre-emptive, first time that ever happened to me and i felt so stupid lol.
Like other aspects of life, those moments of "if I only did this" are what I remember more. That cool 9-combo skyfall that I needed to hit or I wiped is but a blip. Forgetting to account for a preemptive is haunting.

I am up to 3.

So I'm hanging on to skill up mats for Vishnu because given my experience with skilling up at 2.5x chance I'd rather hoard.

The calculator linked in the PAD reddit says that 45 attempts at 2.5x will give me a >50% chance to max out Vishnu. Now I don't actually have the box space (holding on to some evo mats that will clear out pretty quick once Friday rolls around).

In the mean time I do need to manage space. I'm looking for help in trimming my box.

What can I safely get rid of to free up some slots? Even if it's not the ~35 spots I need any help is appreciated.

Here's my box

I'd get rid of any descend bosses that are not going to make it on to a team, or a material for an evolution for a REM monster in your box. What really helps to clean up a box is evolving monsters. I haven't used Isis, but getting A. Isis cleaned a bunch of box space.

Bladelaw

I'd get rid of any descend bosses that are not going to make it on to a team, or a material for an evolution for a REM monster in your box. What really helps to clean up a box is evolving monsters. I haven't used Isis, but getting A. Isis cleaned a bunch of box space.

Good call. Really how many Zhang Feis do I really need? There are some I'll be keeping because either they'll have a use (Sandalphon) or were irritating to collect and in the event I need another I don't want to run the dungeon again (Sphinx, Indigo).
Given that info I also evolved a couple monsters "early" to free up space.

The good news is come Friday I'll be freeing up about 30 slots as I make a few dreams come true. Assuming I can actually get the Dub Mythlits I need I'll be making, Awoken Thor, Awoken Lakshmi, Uevo LMeta, UEvo Valk, and G/R Liu Bei. Unfortunately that means running the daily pretty much all day.

Kyuur

Grabbed Surtr for A. Pandora this morning. I need at least one more dark row sub from somewhere; current planned team is FALucifer/Pandora/Okuni/Izanami/Kakkab. Ideally going to replace Kakkab with something row based, Okuni with a Loki, and Izanami as flex for other useful subs (bind clear would be nice). Grisar is a farmable option but I'm not sure I feel up to it given I'm still pumping up an Elia (not to mention still haven't nailed 100% success rate on the easier rushes with my coop partner, let alone the hard ones).

How are you guys coordinating coop runs? I still haven't played a coop dungeon yet. Just been clearing what I can solo, but it's pretty annoying getting a random floor with 2 mobs that preempt with 15K+ damage each on back to back runs. Really need that extra HP or start running A.Lucifer. But Shivagon is just so much faster for the easier dungeons. But I'll need to team-up eventually for the harder dungeons like Machine Hera. I can see how coop can make these a breeze though.

Kyuur

How are you guys coordinating coop runs? I still haven't played a coop dungeon yet. Just been clearing what I can solo, but it's pretty annoying getting a random floor with 2 mobs that preempt with 15K+ damage each on back to back runs. Really need that extra HP or start running A.Lucifer. But Shivagon is just so much faster for the easier dungeons. But I'll need to team-up eventually for the harder dungeons like Machine Hera. I can see how coop can make these a breeze though.

I know most of my BFFs in real life and have them on Skype and stuff, so I just play with them. I think some people on here use Discord though? I also saw that PDX has some sort of matching system.

GAF discord is pretty good. You just post there what you want to run and see if anyone responds. It's usually more active on the weekend. I like it better than the reddit discord just because it's not as overwhelming.

jay23

Scarlet is really tough I just died with my Ra team on Hera ur, I was out of actives and she one shot me on her first turn.

Might need full hyper maxed team for this one.

J0dy77

Anyone beaten scarlet ever? I don't know what the best team is for it. Sakuya seems good for it but it I shard to burst through the second floor on one shot. And the hp is so low that any hit from them destroys.

Tried with shiva as well but had the same issue.

I really just don't know who to use. Ra might be better, harder to proc, but easier to hit the max damage threshold.

I've been beating my head against the wall with this one. Might switch back to Ra myself. Sakuya hurts for damage with the reduced lvls. I tried Yomi a few times today and got completely orb trolled. Dungeons like this are just dumb, if you get orb trolled at any point or run out of actives you're done.

Bladelaw

Fucking Surtr wrecked me. I'm edging him down to just above 30%, I take a hit hoping to heal from it except he full red's my board then retailiates at ~2% hp basically knocking me out. sigh. Gonna try again once my pride is healed and stamina is available.

hermit7

I've been beating my head against the wall with this one. Might switch back to Ra myself. Sakuya hurts for damage with the reduced lvls. I tried Yomi a few times today and got completely orb trolled. Dungeons like this are just dumb, if you get orb trolled at any point or run out of actives you're done.

I have been having a little more success trying i&i and ryune. More health but the damage is a lot less. The only good thing is the type advantage.

I tried Ra and sakuya both and experienced the same issues you were having (damage and health are awful) even with 100x I was still unable to kill the demons early on.

Top Bottom