• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

Okamid3n

I really, REALLY want Xiang Mei, I've wanted her since she was revealed, but...I don't have a Gadius.

I have two Uriels, two Mamiya, Red riding hood, Mitsuki, Christmas Echidna, and Urd + Yamato ready to be inherited...Do you guys think it could work without Gadius??

On a side note, for people who are just pulling Yomi right now during this godfest, which evo are you guys going for? I don't plan to use him as a lead and while Awoken Yomi's awakenings are much better, the other uvos now have a 2.5x attack to god types in Japan's latest buff....so that active is much better than A.Yomi.

(Also, I'm sick of Angelious dupes, please make it stop.)

yami4ct

Don't buy MP cards without perfect teams. Just don't. It's not worth it.

Gadius serves many key roles. His active syncs with Uriel's. He serves as the team's much needed bind cleric. He's the only fire healer board change that can fill every one of these roles and putting together something with skill inheritance is going to leave you too long a CD.

Kwhit10

I really, REALLY want Xiang Mei, I've wanted her since she was revealed, but...I don't have a Gadius.

I have two Uriels, two Mamiya, Red riding hood, Mitsuki, Christmas Echidna, and Urd + Yamato ready to be inherited...Do you guys think it could work without Gadius??

On a side note, for people who are just pulling Yomi right now during this godfest, which evo are you guys going for? I don't plan to use him as a lead and while Awoken Yomi's awakenings are much better, the other uvos now have a 2.5x attack to god types in Japan's latest buff....so that active is much better than A.Yomi.

(Also, I'm sick of Angelious dupes, please make it stop.)

I pulled a second yomi a while ago who I'll leave with an Uevo. Either to use as is or for skill. Inheritance, I like A. Yomi for a lead who I use often.

jay23

OK so after rolling Pandora I finally have a good dark leader

These are my best devil sub's

Akechix2
Zuoh
Hakux2
Nepthys
Lumiel
Z8
Goetia
lu bu
Loki

I'm thinking Pandora/akechi/akechi/zuoh/ ?
Not sure about that final spot.

smbu2000

Well I pulled on the PCGF instead of the Wedding REM again...

iPhone: Phact (terrible start I thought), Uriel (yes! the second Uriel I wanted for my XM team!) and Hanzo (#3, not very useful).

iPad: Sea Serpent (WTF...garbage from the PCGF), Sadalmelik (cyberdragon, could maybe be useful with skill inheritance, though I'd prefer TPAs over rows for blue), Haku (second Haku, looks like I can remake D/D Haku after I changed my original one over to A.Haku)

Also enjoying the 4x skill up rates. Max skilled my L.Akechi with only 10 skill up mats. They drop pretty frequently in the Wedding dungeon and even have 2 chances to drop on the easy difficulty level (with 2x on.)

Jagernaut

Akechix2
Zuoh
Hakux2
Nepthys
Lumiel
Z8
Goetia
lu bu
Loki

A 5 turn orb changer is really good for that last slot. Dark Valk or Hanzo are best but Dark/Water Vampire is still decent.

Akechix2
Zuoh
Hakux2
Nepthys
Lumiel
Z8
Goetia
lu bu
Loki

If you had Hanzo, that'd be the team I've used. Just rolled a dupe Pandora so my teams going to change a bit. Probably Z8 for most stuff, flex someone else in depending on what the dungeon has.

Bladelaw

Akechix2
Zuoh
Hakux2
Nepthys
Lumiel
Z8
Goetia
lu bu
Loki

I run Pandora, D/D Haku, Akechi, Zuoh, D. Valk

Goetia isn't a bad option. A 6 turn 5 orb generating all dark enhance isn't a bad skill at all. She's super redundant with 2 Akechis though.

Z8's haste + skyfall if you have him max skilled would be solid but what it looks like you need is a fast orb generator. I'd replace Akechi2 with Goetia and have the last spot be flex defaulting to Z8 but subbing in Loki if you need a spike.

jay23

A 5 turn orb changer is really good for that last slot. Dark Valk or Hanzo are best but Dark/Water Vampire is still decent.

If you had Hanzo, that'd be the team I've used. Just rolled a dupe Pandora so my teams going to change a bit. Probably Z8 for most stuff, flex someone else in depending on what the dungeon has.

Wish I had Hanzo or even d.valk but those monsters don't exist in my version of pad. Seriously those other Valks are pretty damn rare and the only ninja I can roll is chiyome apparently. I'll give both Z8 and vamp a try, thanks guys.

yami4ct

The rarity of the valks is ridiculous given their utility. They are very good, but the aren't DKali levels of good. Really would love to see the Sticker Girl REM back.

Jagernaut

Is Orchid usable with only 1 Uriel? These are the Fire healers I have:

Gadius
Uriel
Laila
Phoenix Rider Valen
Mitsuki (regular not New Years)
Red Riding Hood
Nim
Christmas Echidna

I'm considering buying Orchid or the Blue Gentleman (Yu Yu?). For the blue, 2 prongs are better right? I have some good water cards:

Scheat
Awoken Orochi
Nut
Blue Valk
2 Hermes - 1 W/D, 1 I will make Awoken
Hatsume
Sun Quan
Awoken I&I
BOdin
U&Y

yami4ct

Are you willing to buy 2x Xiang Mei? If so, you could probably make due with 1x Uriel. I'd probably still wait to pull a second.

Your blue box is OK, but you're missing some key potential subs like Ryune and Gabriel. I might say wait on that as well.

Jagernaut

Are you willing to buy 2x Xiang Mei? If so, you could probably make due with 1x Uriel. I'd probably still wait to pull a second.

Your blue box is OK, but you're missing some key potential subs like Ryune and Gabriel. I might say wait on that as well.

I was just listing water cards with 2 prongs, I also have

Gabriel
Awoken Karin
Awoken Lakshmi
Mori Motonari
Amon
Awoken Neptune
Beast Rider
Rinoa
Ruka

Edit. I only have 301k mp so I can only buy one card. I bought Yomi Dragon last time.

yami4ct

I was just listing water cards with 2 prongs, I also have

Gabriel
Awoken Karin
Awoken Lakshmi
Mori Motonari
Amon
Awoken Neptune
Beast Rider
Rinoa
Ruka

You're really close. Are you planning to focus on Multiplayer? You yu works best when you can stack a bunch of HP through the use of multiplayer. You could probably make a decent party with him, but since you're so close to a good Xiang Mei team and she's much stronger, I would wait unless you can whale for MP.

Bladelaw

I'm in the same position as Jagernaut. I plan on one more spend this PCGF looking for Isis but my plan will solidfy if I get a second Uriel.

At the moment I think You Yu is better if you don't have a second Uriel. Minus Sun Quan and U&Y I'm sitting on the same blue subs.

E: So what inherits are optimal for a Xiang Mei team? Assuming the bare minimum of Gadius, Uriel and 2 on type subs (likely Valen/Xmas Echidna and RRH).

Urd, Sanada, Cao Cao? who gets what?

Eschmali evades me again. 13 rolls in total just pulled a silver today. Sigh. I only really wanted her for my YomiD team which is mostly farming now anyway.

Luckily for me ADQXQ and Bastet ACE teams are solid and I'm just waiting those evos and making the team stronger. This is my first pass and A Bastet team

Padx

Ace, Sylvie, Meimei, Visnu, Verdandi(Ama for bind clear)

10 enhanced Orbs
8 fingers
8 skill boosts
Double Godkiller
Skill Lock Resistant
8 TPA

It plays exactly like my current Bastet team where I usually hit make three tpa's and hit at least 7 combos on an active. Gonna melt some stuff.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Good stuff man. Happy for your Eschmali.I finally got an Akechi but she still evades me.

Heh thanks, feels good to have this kind of luck again - its been a while.

I also have a Indra Dupe - interested to see what kind of unit his Awoken version will be, def. one of the better dupes since his Uevo will probably still be relevant even once his Awoken version gets announced.
Grats. One friend pulled all those too, then I asked YomiDra next "Not prolly getting it". Ok :p

Btw this is were Iam now:

I managed to get PAD working after many boots / deletes & redownloads. My account was tied to Google but I couldnt restore it. Oh well, here is the hope I can pull trash pulls(tm) during PCGF, or not.

Thanks - i really hope you get your PaD Stuff fixed soon. Always a bummer when Best Friends dont show up anymore - Negator, Zoku and atlantaguy etc. also havent logged in a while.

You were also running Awoken Pandora at the end right ? Thats a team i should be able to build now as well - looking forward to see how she compares to Astaroth.
Is Orchid usable with only 1 Uriel? These are the Fire healers I have:

Gadius
Uriel
Laila
Phoenix Rider Valen
Mitsuki (regular not New Years)
Red Riding Hood
Nim
Christmas Echidna

I'm considering buying Orchid or the Blue Gentleman (Yu Yu?). For the blue, 2 prongs are better right? I have some good water cards:

Scheat
Awoken Orochi
Nut
Blue Valk
2 Hermes - 1 W/D, 1 I will make Awoken
Hatsume
Sun Quan
Awoken I&I
BOdin
U&Y
You have awesome water subs so you can get YY right away who know when and if you ever might roll a 2nd Uriel . Scheat, A.Hermes, Nut, Orochi, Gabriel etc - it doesnt get much better. You might need a bind clearing solution ala Isis or just work out some skill inheritance combo that works.

But most importantly playing YY will be fun - you know what to do xD

I dont think you really can go wrong - just chose the Leader with the gameplay you like - you should have solid teams for both leaders. Its not like you HAVE to chose a MP Lead, you could sit the the first round out and see how things develop down the line.

12 Rolls. Mostly bad except for one highlight.

2 x Ur Chimera
2 x Leonis
1 x Fuu
1 x Unicorn Rider
1 x Ars Nova
2 x Gadius
1 x Scheat
1 x Shining Swordsman
1 x Osiris

Another 6* GFE which is nice.

I think I have the subs for You Yu? Considering buying that or the blue puppeter.

I have Ryune, Blue Sonia, Blue Valk, Andromeda, Hatsume, Gabriel, Awoken Hermes, Scheat, Awoken I&I, Awoken Lakshmi.

Really wanted Isis and/or Orochi. Alternatively 2 Uriels. I only have 150k MP so I have some time before having to commit to one.

Oh well, may be able to get two more rolls in before PCGF ends.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I'm currently debating 2 xm versus 1 xm and 1 yy

are 2 xm that much better than 1 xm?

(I have dual uriel and gadius)

You will probably be able to answer that question for yourself once you bought one copy of her and played around with the 2 Uriel/Gadius combination. From what i have heard multiple XM make her more or less unstoppable - so if you have the funds for it....probably not the worst dupe MP unit you could get.

I think you will be fine with a single XM at firs though - you can still upgrade down the line if you feel like it.

PS. Congrats on your pulls - good to see your Gacha luck return.

Bladelaw

I'm currently debating 2 xm versus 1 xm and 1 yy

are 2 xm that much better than 1 xm?

(I have dual uriel and gadius)

The videos are out there showing the capability. That said I'd probably grab one of each for variety's sake if I had the MP.

I don't think there's any content that would require a second XM (make it easier sure...) so there's that.

chrono01

*bold character as being new*

- Four Leaf Clover Princess, Thumbelina
- Yomi
- Hattori Hanzo
- Viper Orochi
- Fuma Kotaro
- Baal
- Water Wizard, Sharon
- Scheat
- Red Dragonbound, Gadius x2
- Akechi Mitsuhide x2
- Wandering Wizard, Wee Jas
- Light Wizard, Rei Sirius
- Sarutobi Sasuke
- Radious
- Flashing- Clawed Cyberbeast, Leonis
- Indra
- Isis

- Ruka
- Amaterasu
- Incarnation of Kirin, Sakuya

It was kind of a Wizard gala for me, but I'm happy to have a few new ones in there (mostly Scheat, since I wanted her for mm Rukia team). Ideally, I would have liked a second Scheat, as well as a Skuld...but I got one of them, at least.

Rukia
Odin
Orochi
Scheat
Famiel
Sun Quan
Karin
Gabriel
Isis
Lakshimi
Neptune
Sumire
Amon
Blue Valkyrie
Blue Dragoncaller, Sonia

These are all of my "ideal" blue units. I have multiple of a few, namely Orochi, Odin, and Karin. Not sure if I can put together a nice Rukia team or not. I was thinking Rukia/Scheat/Orochi/Isis/Bonia, until I manage a Skuld (if ever).

Quantum

I think you will be fine with a single XM at firs though - you can still upgrade down the line if you feel like it.

PS. Congrats on your pulls - good to see your Gacha luck return.

Sound reasoning. I was just thinking about being impulsive and buying two - I've been saving MPs for a long time.

as for luck - I think gungho knew it had to throw me a bone after some of the terrible rolls I've had in full packs recently - I should probably go back into non-iap mode for awhile - just nothing has kept my interest so completely for so long.

The videos are out there showing the capability. That said I'd probably grab one of each for variety's sake if I had the MP.

I don't think there's any content that would require a second XM (make it easier sure...) so there's that.

again with sound reasoning - I do like multiple teams and variety - fortunately I only have (most of) the mats for one XM tomorrow, so I wont be tempted to impulse buy two.

Had enough stones for three pulls, got three gold eggs: Fuma Kotaro, Holy Knight Arcline, and Wind Courier Kano. Doesn't really help anything I already have, but at least they're all new to me.

Also, I started playing again a little bit.

Kwhit10

I wasn't prepared for this. I was hoping to get Uriel so I could play XM. But after getting Isis and Indra, along with my 2 D. Kalis I have the optimal RaDra team. Don't know if I should do it or not now.

Lyrian

Yeah, like the last 4x GF, this one is turning out to be either feast or famine, which little in-between.

Sloooooowly spacing out my pulls over the 3 days to try to minimize the RNG getting stuck in crapsville.

Started great with an Isis early this morning, which has been a white whale for me for a long time. That said, without a solid current meta rainbow team, I'm not sure where to use her at all currently.

Since then... welp... I'm pulling just as bad as Cosmo. All silvers or troll golds.

Since I'm typing this, I just realized I have a throwaway account from a few weeks ago for some joke pulls. I'll pull once for the heck of it...

.... Angelious! Good times for everyone! /facepalm

I'm starting to lose conviction about pulling in the PCGF :/

I've seen a lot of people have terrible luck this PCGF. Do you think all the *6 that got voted in fucked the rates? My pulls were pretty decent, but it's really seemed like a mixed bag.

yami4ct

I've seen a lot of people have terrible luck this PCGF. Do you think all the *6 that got voted in fucked the rates? My pulls were pretty decent, but it's really seemed like a mixed bag.

Maybe, but I just chalk it up to a limited data set and bad luck.

Like, my pulls feel off even for the number of non-6* GFEs at 4x, but they could easily be a statistical anomaly.

For a weird thought game, I pulled GZL off Gala and not in the godfest, so my pulls are statistically less likely than pulling something on godfest. I don't care for GZL, so it was a disappointment, but playing the rarity game I did well.

jay23

Yea I'm never saving for pcgf again
I've said this before
This was a trollfest for a lot of people makes you wonder if they've made any changes to the rem recently? I don't remember ever getting so many trash pulls. It could also be a combination 4x gfe with a bunch of 6 stars voted in.

Bladelaw

I wasn't prepared for this. I was hoping to get Uriel so I could play XM. But after getting Isis and Indra, along with my 2 D. Kalis I have the optimal RaDra team. Don't know if I should do it or not now.

XM is slower but much more consistent. Ra Dragon will help you get better at playing the game. If you have the optimal subs for Ra Dragon (and you do) play around with a rainbow team to see if you can get a feel for the playstyle. The biggest thing I had to get over was just how much time you have to manipulate the board on a ra dragon team. Time extends for DAAAAAAYS.

I'm forcing myself to play it even on content I could steamroll with almost any other team just so I get better at utilizing its power.

yami4ct

The other thing about RaDra, he actually might look a bit unimpressive damage wise at first. Seeing 2mil-3mil a card isn't that crazy when you see an A. Panda card burst 4 at a much easier activation.

The thing you have to realize, RaDra can burst that 2mil a card almost every turn. Activating him requires you to clear a good chunk of the board and a large amount of the time will drop another activation. If not, D.Kali's actives are fairly short CD and combined with at least 1 RaDra haste, it's easy to get them back up. A. Panda can do a 4mil/card burst 1-2 per dungeon at most. You also have the fact that RaDra teams have insane RCV. If you can survive a hit, you can get most of that back with 1 heart match.

The team also requires a good bit of investment before he starts looking insanely powerful. You need to get your +s and latents in order so that you can survive those big hits. If you can do that, he becomes almost unstoppable.

Lyrian

I believe so. It has been a long running theory, but it will never be objectively proven unless GungHo releases its draw rates (yeah, right).

If you look at phrasing of the GF, GungHo is not lying at all. However, there is no context to measure the claim against. Historically, anecdotal evidence seems to suggest a 40% hit rate on a normal GF. So, in theory, at 3x rates, both featured pantheons and all the GFEs, seemingly add up to 40-ish%.

But, what happens in a situation like this where the draws are all taken out of context?
The erroneous assumption is that there is still a 40% hit rate. That is probably incorrect by a significant margin.

The voted gods are at 4x rates instead of 3x rates. For a 5* god, that is likely better than a normal godfest. For a 6* god, the improvement is marginal at best. Sounds good, but now there are no GFEs or other filler to make up the space to that theorized 40%. I personally wonder if the total hit rate of the 25 cards combined is less than 30%, maybe even 25% because of all the low probability 6* cards in that pool.

So, what makes up the slack then? Whatever gala is running in the background. Look at the enormous number of light pulls mentioned by everyone, both silver, troll, and real gold. I'm personally in the camp that there is a fixed rate for gold pulls (let's say hypothetically 60%). Whatever the differential is from the actual GF hit rate, the remainder is made up from whatever gala is in play at the moment. (I personally believe that the 1.5x gala rate permanently went away when the REM was revamped to remove the 3* troll rolls). This logic would explain why galas have a huge influence in some godfests (especially 4x's), but less of an influence in others.

My two cents on the matter, but I'm smelling a lot of smoke coming from this PCGF fire.

Kwhit10

XM is slower but much more consistent. Ra Dragon will help you get better at playing the game. If you have the optimal subs for Ra Dragon (and you do) play around with a rainbow team to see if you can get a feel for the playstyle. The biggest thing I had to get over was just how much time you have to manipulate the board on a ra dragon team. Time extends for DAAAAAAYS.

I'm forcing myself to play it even on content I could steamroll with almost any other team just so I get better at utilizing its power.

Im used to the rainbow style as my main card has been LKali for a while now and I'm pretty good at getting her full activation with plenty of 2prongs in it.

I have two hypermaxed dkalis, so I'd have to get Isis and Indra full plussed and get all the appropriate latent.

I mean a hypermaxed Kanna on my lkali team does 1.2mil+ with one light two prong.

I kind of wanted to play a different style, but I have all the parts so now I'm really thinking about doing it.

yami4ct

Im used to the rainbow style as my main card has been LKali for a while now and I'm pretty good at getting her full activation with plenty of 2prongs in it.

I have two hypermaxed dkalis, so I'd have to get Isis and Indra full plussed and get all the appropriate latent.

I mean a hypermaxed Kanna on my lkali team does 1.2mil+ with one light two prong.

I kind of wanted to play a different style, but I have all the parts so now I'm really thinking about doing it.

Do you have an Amaterasu? She is actually more ideal than Indra in a modern RaDra team. Indra works, but Ama gets you full bind immunity. You can then inherit Orochi on Isis, a shield on Ama (Indra usually), and a god boost probably on RaDra himself. New Years Ama is the most ideal, but regular A. Ama works well enough.

RaDra is still at the top of most tier list and one of the best MP purchases you can make with the ideal team. However, if you're bored of the play style. Don't rush to buy it. Maybe develop another team that's already in your box, and pick up RaDra after if you're still interested. I doubt we get new MP monsters for a while, so you've got time to figure it out.

I have the standard RaDra team but still haven't gotten my skills up to use it. Don't regret the purchase but it hasn't served me much use. I'm building a Sephiroth team to take down Mech Zeus, then putting together a M. Zeus team for co-op farming, but after all that nonsense I'll get RaDra latented and start crushing stuff with it. Hopefully arena 1 is back by then.

Bladelaw

RaDra is still at the top of most tier list and one of the best MP purchases you can make with the ideal team. However, if you're bored of the play style. Don't rush to buy it. Maybe develop another team that's already in your box, and pick up RaDra after if you're still interested. I doubt we get new MP monsters for a while, so you've got time to figure it out.

I have the standard RaDra team but still haven't gotten my skills up to use it. Don't regret the purchase but it hasn't served me much use. I'm building a Sephiroth team to take down Mech Zeus, then putting together a M. Zeus team for co-op farming, but after all that nonsense I'll get RaDra latented and start crushing stuff with it. Hopefully arena 1 is back by then.

Let me know when you've put a mech zeus team together, I have the parts for a decent light variant if you want to do some coop farming.

pix

I'm making a Ryune team and want to know what best to spend piis on. It is between Ryune and Awoken I&I. I will switch leader depending on who the friend is, either Ryune or I&I. Andromeda is max skilled, Blonia two away, Hatsume maxed, Hermes one away.

Also I have two 297s waiting to be fused onto that team. Who would benefit the most?

mike23

What is the best 4th sub for Xiang Mei on this team?

5Tb9xYn.png

I've got another Gadius, NY Mitsuki, Kiriko, Mamiya, Christmas Echidna.

Also, is Xiang Mei's evo an Ult Evo, or does she cost 20 million exp to max?

I'm making a Ryune team and want to know what best to spend piis on. It is between Ryune and Awoken I&I. I will switch leader depending on who the friend is, either Ryune or I&I. Andromeda is max skilled, Blonia two away, Hatsume maxed, Hermes one away.

Also I have two 297s waiting to be fused onto that team. Who would benefit the most?

Ryune is in the skill rotation so I wouldn't use piis on her, though it's more important to have her max skilled than I&I. Right now she's blue orbs if you have some extra to use, but she'll rotate to something more common next rotation. I maxed mine on blue masks.

Don't know about 297s. Usually I try to max my leader to help my friends list out, but you're rotating. Hermes seems to be on every blue team, so you can't go wrong there.

hermit7

What is the best 4th sub for Xiang Mei on this team?

5Tb9xYn.png

I've got another Gadius, NY Mitsuki, Kiriko, Mamiya, Christmas Echidna.

Also, is Xiang Mei's evo an Ult Evo, or does she cost 20 million exp to max?

Ult. Also NY mitsuki is great. Definitely would use her over your other options.

W-00

Managed to scrounge up enough stones from low-hanging fruit for another pull. Viper Orochi. Not what I was hoping for, but awesome!

Uriel
Indra (dupe)
Blonia (dupe)
Akechi (2nd dupe, makes up for the one I sold for MP)

Should be able to scrounge stones for one more pull.

Really want Ryuune, probably roll a silver.

Rixa

Thanks - i really hope you get your PaD Stuff fixed soon. Always a bummer when Best Friends dont show up anymore - Negator, Zoku and atlantaguy etc. also havent logged in a while.

You were also running Awoken Pandora at the end right ? Thats a team i should be able to build now as well - looking forward to see how she compares to Astaroth.

Nope, not me cause I dont have Panda at all. YD & A.Lakshmi and something else (instead of Verdandi). Not sure what I will run when (if) I get my account back, got some stones waiting for pulling but it all depends how many days this process takes.

Top Bottom