• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PvZ Garden Warfare PS4/PS3 |OT| Over-Delivering On Value

VanWinkle

Tried to mimic your pictures on the PC version. Used Garden Ops to take mine and for whatever reason custom FOV doesn't work on that mode so it's on the default 70.

Fog might look slightly better on the PC shots, also a noticeable difference in foliage. Course your shots are compressed so it's not a perfect comparison.

Actually I'd say the fog looks better and more plentiful on the PS4 version. Definitely a difference in grass quantity in favor of PC, though.

You think the community for this game will last? Really hope so..

Hope so as well, I think it can do well though. I mean, just speaking for PS4, you've got a big 10 million install base, plus the name brand (PvZ is pretty recognizable even for casual gamers). If it gets some good sales to make more people jump in, it can definitely have some good legs.

LTWood12

I don't normally get into multiplayer shooters these days because of the time aspect, and being unable to pause. How long does 10 rounds of garden ops usually take? That's the game mode I'm most interested in.

-MD-

I don't normally get into multiplayer shooters these days because of the time aspect, and being unable to pause. How long does 10 rounds of garden ops usually take? That's the game mode I'm most interested in.

The vanquish multiplayer modes last like 5-7 minutes tops, they go extremely quickly so if you like multiplayer but you're worried about time that's the mode for you.

10 rounds of Garden Ops takes 20-30 minutes.

Teknoman

Debating buying it on Xbox 360 versus PS4. Especially the community is better on Live (plus party)

Isnt it 60fps on PS4? That should be the deciding factor imo. I guess if you're playing with only friends, then go 360...but personally I like communities to talk between randoms and friends.

Meh3D

Isnt it 60fps on PS4? That should be the deciding factor imo. I guess if you're playing with only friends, then go 360...but personally I like communities to talk between randoms and friends.

Thanks. I have a nice PC but I can't its been unused for months because when I sit in front of it, it feels like work. (Software developer.)

As long as I'm having fun. Though I admit I don't have any friends to play with at the moment.

Cynn

Thanks. I have a nice PC but I can't its been unused for months because when I sit in front of it, it feels like work. (Software developer.)

As long as I'm having fun. Though I admit I don't have any friends to play with at the moment.
Go for PS4. If you don't have x360 friends there's no reason to play an inferior build. Plus it's new so everyone's getting started at around the same time vs the level 200+ hunting noobs on XBL.

Bought the PS4 digital version about 4 hours ago, set it to install and it seems it's paused at 65%. I can get to that initial point where you can mess around with the 4 plants but that's it. Should I delete it and try reinstalling it?

Edit: Now it's at 67%, maybe it's just really slow, but First Light downloaded within an hour, not sure what's up.

This game. THIS GAME.

I thought this was the same type as the mobile versions of PvZ so I wrote it off months ago. Finally saw a bit of gameplay on the weekend and it piqued my interest, so I downloaded the digital version off PSN a couple hours ago.

WOW. This scratches an itch that I had no idea was there, I'm absolutely in love with this game. Gameplay is immensely satisfying and even though it's a shooter the atmosphere and music keep me relaxed and laughing.

saunderez

Bought the PS4 digital version about 4 hours ago, set it to install and it seems it's paused at 65%. I can get to that initial point where you can mess around with the 4 plants but that's it. Should I delete it and try reinstalling it?

Edit: Now it's at 67%, maybe it's just really slow, but First Light downloaded within an hour, not sure what's up.
It took a hell of a long time to go from the 57% it started at when it let me load the game up. Just give it some time, might be faster if you put it into standby mode.

M_A_C

Some more PS4 shots. The fog is definitely more pronounced on the PS4, but it had less vegetation on the ground than the PC. Game looks awesome on both platforms.

10551579_10204289299854662_4016214071239996835_o.jpg

10631145_10204289298334624_782897937705287202_o.jpg

1090921_10204289299494653_1633267788126579727_o.jpg

Loomba

I wish you could focus on a certain character to obtain upgrades and character stickers for. There is so much stuff to get you can play for hundreds of hours and still not have upgrades for the character you prefer.

Loomba

Think it took me 80 hours to get every upgrade.

How?

I've played for about 20 hours and still have a shit ton to unlock. I'm not a bad player (not that that matters since you get 2k points for nothing).

Is there better modes I can play? or sticker packs to buy so it goes faster?

I've been buying the 20k packs for either plants or zombies atm.

How?

I've played for about 20 hours and still have a shit ton to unlock. I'm not a bad player (not that that matters since you get 2k points for nothing).

The 40k pack always unlocks a character so you should probably save and buy them if you want to unlock them quicker

-MD-

How?

I dunno I stuck to 20k packs, never bought a 40k. G&G seems to be the best for money.

Debating between this and Metro Redux...can't decide!

I was going to wait for this to drop to £20, but I think I'm just going to play the fuck out of Metro for a week or two, then trade it in for this game. I might have to put a little extra towards it, but it'll be better than paying full price.

saunderez

I was going to wait for this to drop to £20, but I think I'm just going to play the fuck out of Metro for a week or two, then trade it in for this game. I might have to put a little extra towards it, but it'll be better than paying full price.
Probably not a bad idea, Metro is an excellent game but you're probably gonna sink a lot more hours into this.

Jellzy

Neo Member
Apologies if this has been answered but has there been any mention of the party system for the PS4 version? Had a look around but unfortunately searching for 'party' just gives you all the taco party related news.

saunderez

Apologies if this has been answered but has there been any mention of the party system for the PS4 version? Had a look around but unfortunately searching for 'party' just gives you all the taco party related news.
Works with the system level party stuff. I was in a party with a friend, I joined in on his game and we were in the same team the entire time we played.

WITHE1982

So I got this on PS4 on my way home yesterday and played around an hour or two last night on Welcome Mat mode. I had a lot of fun with it but was dying quite a lot to begin with. The aiming in the game takes a lot of getting used to and I seemed to lose quite a lot of 1 on 1 battles but it's a lot of fun to play.

It's just great when a game like this comes along. It's just 100% complete enjoyment and mayhem. It's the first multi-player game I've played in a long time where my score, or how I've played in a match doesn't bother me at all. I can have really bad games when I get 3-4 "vanquishes" only and still have a big grin at the end of it.

I'm also very surprised that it was developed by Pop Cap Games TBH. I just wasn't expecting such a polished and awesome looking game but it certainly does tick all the boxes in the graphics department. It runs amazing well at 60FPS 1080p.

I would recommend this very highly, although at £35 I'd probably wait for a price cut/sale before parting with your hard earned coin.

Murdoch

What a breath of fresh air this game is. I picked this title up after all the praise generated in this thread; I'm so glad I did! For anyone on the fence about purchasing this game... just do it, seriously. Between this and (fingers crossed its actually good) Destiny, I think my multiplayer cravings will be satiated this year : )

Is this game always this laggy? It's been pretty bad today on PS4.

I can't even connect to Garden Ops right now.

Garden Ops is always really iffy on successfully joining games. I usually have to try 2-3 times to get in, and sometimes as many as 10.

Multiplayer always seems to work flawlessly though.

I hear Multi is on hosted servers and garden ops is not, which might account for the difference.

MMaRsu

Whut. How is this 40!!!!!!!! EURO's ???? Wtf EA?

Its 40 dollars on the US store o_O

I thought this was 30 damnit. Waiting for a drop for sure

RE_Player

This is the one competitive online game I don't mind hearing kids talk on voice chat. Kind of cute hearing them talk to their friends or parents in the background about what plants they like or are trying to unlock.

Also gotta love joining a game right before it's about to end and getting coins for it.

Top Bottom