• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

nOoblet16

I recommend we don't use an OT title that has a bit of negativity in it so I'd recommend against titles like "Is it too late to get into the game?" or "Is it still alive?".

Go for something more positive as OT2 is going to be the GAF hub for this game for the next year or two.

I recommend we don't use an OT title that has a bit of negativity in it so I'd recommend against titles like "Is it too late to get into the game?" or "Is it still alive?".

Go for something more positive as OT2 is going to be the GAF hub for this game for the next year or two.

I agree with this. Man is the current OT title the most antiquated thing ever lol.

LoveCake

Just dont get the starter edition.

As for season pass, get season 2 season pass. Dont know if season 1 season pass is still being sold.

What is the 'starter edition' is that just the regular game that is on Amazon for £16.50

I would need the Rainbow Six Siege Gold Season 2 version

It seems to be cheaper to buy that version at the top then the 2nd season pass, also somebody on that Gold edition has said

Question:
Does it come with year 1 season pass operators and year 2 operators?

Answer:
it comes with year 2 as standard but you have to play the game and level up to unlock the year 1 operaors. the year 2 ones are much easie to unlockr

Is this correct?

It seems to add up to more than I was expecting, I thought I would maybe be able to get away with the regular £16.50 version.

TheKeyPit

Banned
^There is no Starter Edition on consoles.

Edit: The Starter Edition gives you some operators on PC to start with, but makes unlocking additional operators more time consuming.

Ok thank you, I have just been on the PSN store and they have the Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege Year 2 Gold Edition for £29.99 would this be the best option for me?

Yeah

Noticing that edition is $100 CAD. That's quite pricey. Yet Im seeing the Base game for like $50ish and the season pass for $40, which is a $10 saving. Seems confusing.

Ideally, you want the base game + Year 2.

but you can always get the base game, and then upgrade if you see fit.

LoveCake

Yeah

Noticing that edition is $100 CAD. That's quite pricey. Yet Im seeing the Base game for like $50ish and the season pass for $40, which is a $10 saving. Seems confusing.

Ideally, you want the base game + Year 2.

but you can always get the base game, and then upgrade if you see fit.

Thanks, I have gone for this version Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege - Gold Season 2 at £31.99 (well I had a couple of £'s in my points balance so used them) I can at least trade it in later on.

luulubuu

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT2| Year 2, that's a lot of numbers
Rainbow Six: Siege |OT2| Came to end terrorism, stay for the cuties
Rainbow Six: Siege |OT2| Pressing F
Rainbow Six: Siege |OT2| From Uplay to Westillplay
Rainbow Six: Siege |OT2| Unlocking new operators
Rainbow Six: Siege |OT2| What's lighting

Ying's flashes should last a bit longer IMO. Also I think that shotgun could use a slight buff. A bit more kill potential I think. The LMG is pretty good though. I found a flash hider works best for it. Definitely hard to control going full throttle with an ACOG lol. Negates the compensator but the flash hider works for me.

Auctopus

2 hours until I can unlock the operators. I wish my friends came back.... :(

I don't know if I count as one of your friends lol but I'll be back eventually. The game was making me so fucking tight in its current state and I wasn't enjoying a second of playing it. I wish I'd just stopped playing once Operation Health 'cause I think just brute forcing my way through the game in hindsight really wore out my patience.

I've played a bit of the patch and it seems a little tighter but tbh, the game's meta seems to be heading in a direction I didn't want the game to go. Faster, more aggressive, more jumping out, ridiculously heavy roaming and (near enough) spawn killing.

I'll play some this weekend if you're about, hopefully.

nOoblet16

I've been busy with Destiny 2 so haven't played much since the update came out but did they fuck up the sensitivity of Valkyrie cams? It seems way too sensitive now. Yes I'm aware that the update reset my game settings and I have changed the sensitivity/settings back to what it was, and yet it feels very off.

2 hours until I can unlock the operators. I wish my friends came back.... :(

What friends ?
giphy.gif

I've been busy with Destiny 2 so haven't played much since the update came out but did they fuck up the sensitivity of Valkyrie cams? It seems way too sensitive now. Yes I'm aware that the update reset my game settings and I have changed the sensitivity/settings back to what it was, and yet it feels very off.
They upped the sens on standard cams and Valkyrie cams but Valk cams more so. I guess it's for those low sens people who previously took hours to scan a room with them. Now us medium to high sens people look like we're on speed when we try and look around. I feel like they should just have an option for camera sensitivity in controls amd leave it at that. Although Valk cams are meant to be faster than standard cams so idk what the solution is.

omg Glaz is amazing, did his rifle get a buff? his smoke + thermal scope is too good

I haven't used him in so long, i'm getting kills left and right. He's OP in post Operation Health now that the game is darker.

Playing Siege on PC vs. consoles is interesting. I've hit platinum on consoles in multiple seasons but I didn't think I'd rank that high in the PC version due to the higher dexterity cap and going up against more experienced PC folks.

But surprisingly, I'm a game away from Plat and it hasn't been so bad so far. It'll probably change within the Platinum ranks but mostly, I'd say winning has largely come down to game knowledge. The discrepancy amongst certain opponents is really easy to spot, e.g:

When they are extremely skilled with M/KB but more limitedbgame knowledge actualky inhibits their ability to react to a situation fast enough.

So in that sense, it's an interesting feeling killing opponents not because I was the better mechanical player but rather due to less wasted movements on my part. The faster speed of the PC version really highlights that because even a half second saved is enough to overcome a severe mismatch in aiming ability.

Also, fuck high ping. Seriously. I got killed on Kafe today from the garage from a player who ran out and shot me that hadn't even SHOWN UP ON MY SCREEN.

Zzzz

Playing Siege on PC vs. consoles is interesting. I've hit platinum on consoles in multiple seasons but I didn't think I'd rank that high in the PC version due to the higher dexterity cap and going up against more experienced PC folks.

But surprisingly, I'm a game away from Plat and it hasn't been so bad so far. It'll probably change within the Platinum ranks but mostly, I'd say winning has largely come down to game knowledge. The discrepancy amongst certain opponents is really easy to spot, e.g:

When they are extremely skilled with M/KB but more limitedbgame knowledge actualky inhibits their ability to react to a situation fast enough.

So in that sense, it's an interesting feeling killing opponents not because I was the better mechanical player but rather due to less wasted movements on my part. The faster speed of the PC version really highlights that because even a half second saved is enough to overcome a severe mismatch in aiming ability.

Also, fuck high ping. Seriously. I got killed on Kafe today from the garage from a player who ran out and shot me that hadn't even SHOWN UP ON MY SCREEN.

Zzzz

In roughly the same boat, hit platinum on PC last season (in two days, I might add) and it's really just confirmed what I always said about Siege, and that is that game knowledge trumps raw aiming skill.

My aim isn't the best, but my actual knowledge of Siege, of positioning, angles and tactics is on point and it definitely pays off when I'm playing against otherwise more skilled players.

Hit platinum 3 yesterday and 9 points from plat 2 now. Pretty sure I'll hit diamond at this rate too because I've been on a roll these past few nights.

Also, Thatcher is secretly the most OP operator in the game right now. Been using him a lot lately and it feels so good to drop an EMP or two, wipe out a third of the defence's utility, then rush the site and clean up with the L85. Well and truly underrated in the current meta.
Saw a lot of people hyping up IQ as being a must pick to counter Ela/Lesion but good old Thatch is the true star of the show right now. You don't need to fiddle about with a shitty wrist mounted gadget and find an angle to shoot a device, just toss an EMP in the obvious spots and be done with it.

Got a superb 4K earlier on Consulate with him. Dropped an EMP at the garage wall, another at the yellow stairs door, rushed through and killed bandit at the wall. Then went through the building, down circle stairs and took out Mira in the small room by kitchen, Lesion from behind white van, then Valk while she was in the kitchen.
Shamefully, shadowplay decided not to work for me :/

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not really noticing this "darkness" thats come with the lighting reworking - playing on PC if that makes any difference.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Agreed. Thatcher atm is a must pick every single round with all these traps. Just one EMP by the objective is good enough to disable most of them.

Ardenyal

Back when EA was giving out BF3 as an apology for sim city I noticed the same thing. I was doing just as well on PC as I was doing on console, same k/d, same position on scoreboard as i always am.. It's almost as if the same people who are good on console are good on any platform and vice versa.

Thatcher has always been the MVP over IQ because his gadget doesn't leave him vulnerable. It's also an indirect gadget aka he can lob it and it has range. As of now IQ has 0 strengths over thatcher. They need to make her gadget play to its own strengths by making it a discreet, targeted disable of electronics. That way only an attentive enemy would know you disabled their kapkan trap watching their back. It's the same way Hibana and Thermite play with each other. Hibana's gadget is a little craftier while Thermite's is A REALLY BIG FUCKING HOLE COMING RIGHT UP. Thatcher and IQ should have the same dichotomy. It's like poetry.

Thatcher has always been the MVP over IQ because his gadget doesn't leave him vulnerable. It's also an indirect gadget aka he can lob it and it has range. As of now IQ has 0 strengths over thatcher. They need to make her gadget play to its own strengths by making it a discreet, targeted disable of electronics. That way only an attentive enemy would know you disabled their kapkan trap watching their back. It's the same way Hibana and Thermite play with each other. Hibana's gadget is a little craftier while Thermite's is A REALLY BIG FUCKING HOLE COMING RIGHT UP. Thatcher and IQ should have the same dichotomy. It's like poetry.

Been saying forever that IQ needs to be able to discreetly mark gadgets/temporarily disable them for a time.

Imagine having bandit batteries down and still having thermite explode the wall because you didn't pay attention to the fact that IQ disabled the battery.

The God

I don't know how many more 4v5s I can take

Ubi needs to do something about it. Easily one of the worst things about this game rn

edit: those IQ buff ideas above sound terrible for balance

You guys are forgetting IQ is a 3 speed operator with grenades and 3 great guns. I don't get why you would think she needs a buff. I dominate with her comando all the time. Btw you can use her grenades with her gadget. You don't have to be looking directly at something to destroy it.

You guys are forgetting IQ is a 3 speed operator with grenades and 3 great guns. I don't get why you would think she needs a buff. I dominate with her comando all the time. Btw you can use her grenades with her gadget. You don't have to be looking directly at something to destroy it.

My problem with IQ is that they do everything other than giving her a useful gadget buff to make her good.

Same issue with Tachanka. There is a clear way to fix operators like this, but they dance around it.

1) It's easy to say "she's 3 speed and has good guns", but that's not what an operator should be about because there are much more suitable picks for that criteria. Operators significantly come down to their abilities. If we were satisfied with their guns, then a lot of operators wouldn't have gotten the gadget tweaks we've ultimately received.

2) She shouldn't have grenades. They should go back to Capitao, who is way too underpowered. This was a weak way to buff her without directly addressing her gadget.

3) Her gadget is useless compared to Thatcher who takes much less risk, and can do much better destroying electronics, especially through walls. When people don't care to use Thatcher, Twitch ends up the better alternative because of the intel she can gather. IQ very much comes off as third rate as an anti-electronic attacker.

4) The issue with using her grenades to destroy electronics is that they require positioning that she usually doesn't have.

5) There really is no good just KNOWING where the electronic is. With how prevalent and diverse trap placements now are, simply knowing the location does very little to help a team, and leaves IQ super vulnerable when she's scanning areas with her pistol out. A lot of this work can be just as easily done with drones, especially now that we have 10 drones to place, or directly dealt with by Thatcher or Twitch.

For me, Id ideally give Capitao back his grenades, while allowing IQ to mark a certain threshold of electronics for teammates, or allowing her a visor like Jackal with a Caveira-type cool down.

The God

My problem with IQ is that they do everything other than giving her a useful gadget buff to make her good.

Same issue with Tachanka. There is a clear way to fix operators like this, but they dance around it.

1) It's easy to say "she's 3 speed and has good guns", but that's not what an operator should be about because there are much more suitable picks for that criteria. Operators significantly come down to their abilities. If we were satisfied with their guns, then a lot of operators wouldn't have gotten the gadget tweaks we've ultimately received.

2) She shouldn't have grenades. They should go back to Capitao, who is way too underpowered. This was a weak way to buff her without directly addressing her gadget.

3) Her gadget is useless compared to Thatcher who takes much less risk, and can do much better destroying electronics, especially through walls. When people don't care to use Thatcher, Twitch ends up the better alternative because of the intel she can gather. IQ very much comes off as third rate as an anti-electronic attacker.

4) The issue with using her grenades to destroy electronics is that they require positioning that she usually doesn't have.

5) There really is no good just KNOWING where the electronic is. With how prevalent and diverse trap placements now are, simply knowing the location does very little to help a team, and leaves IQ super vulnerable when she's scanning areas with her pistol out. A lot of this work can be just as easily done with drones, especially now that we have 10 drones to place, or directly dealt with by Thatcher or Twitch.

For me, Id ideally give Capitao back his grenades, while allowing IQ to mark a certain threshold of electronics for teammates, or allowing her a visor like Jackal with a Caveira-type cool down.
There's not a whole lot you can do with three Thatcher nades though, and warning your teammate not to push a certain way is not useless. You mentioning how diverse and prevalent traps are makes a stronger argument for IQ being better than a drone because of how creative defenders can get with those traps. Especially with Lesions (which are cloaked) and Ela mines that can pretty much go anywhere, droning is less helpful finding the more elaborate spots set up by defenders

Edit: IQ is just a better pick than Thatcher or Twitch when it comes to the defenders that are forced to be creative (Valk, Ela, Lesion, maybe Echo) she's fine as is imo

There's not a whole lot you can do with three Thatcher nades though, and warning your teammate not to push a certain way is not useless. You mentioning how diverse and prevalent traps are makes a stronger argument for IQ being better than a drone because of how creative defenders can get with those traps. Especially with Lesions (which are cloaked) and Ela mines that can pretty much go anywhere, droning is less helpful finding the more elaborate spots set up by defenders

Edit: IQ is just a better pick than Thatcher or Twitch when it comes to the defenders that are forced to be creative (Valk, Ela, Lesion, maybe Echo) she's fine as is imo

But realistically, how useful is telling your team not to push a certain way? You're not all going to be sticking together, and most often, players are droning out their routes.

I don't find that IQ is a better pick with those creative circumstances. This happens every time where a defender is released and everyone thinks IQ is going to be useful.

What ends up happening is that the meta sits, and those operators end up being countered just fine without IQ.

Take Valk cams for example. Having IQ walk around with her gadget indoors is just a really dumb way to end up getting killed by a roamer. Instead, a drone does the job much better. Even with Ela mines or Valk, they are very easily identifiable.

Simply knowing these traps exist isn't useful if IQ can't really interact with them. Yeah, grenades can be thrown, but it comes off as a weak way to improve her, especially when it came at the cost of hurting Capitao. It's a band aid solution.

On paper, IQ always sounds like she's going to be important. Then when it comes to the execution, she always manages to fall off because Thatcher can EMP the most critical locations.

When it comes to alternative routes, especially with Lesion's invisibility traps, Im not finding they pose much of a problem, as operators like Fuze, and Twitch can often end up clearing minor traps.

Once Lesion and Ela are not picked for their novelty, IQ will once again go back to being a poorer version of Thatcher and Twitch.

They could remove her from the game along with Tachanka, and nothing will really change.

Top Bottom