• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six Vegas 2 |OT| of no auto shotguns

How do these Vegas games compare to Raven Shield? I loved that game on the PC, used to play online into the wee hours of the morning. Are these games as realistic or more arcadey?

Variable

godisturbed said:
How do these Vegas games compare to Raven Shield? I loved that game on the PC, used to play online into the wee hours of the morning. Are these games as realistic or more arcadey?

A bit of both. The gun play is better and the cover system is amazing., but you can take more hits before you go down.

gillty

Banned
godisturbed said:
slightly more arcadey, although the vegas games are the only rainbow six games I'd even consider playing since the Rainbow Six 3 games (ravenshield, athena, xbox, blackarrow). Ubi really has brought the quality of the series back on track with the vegas rainbow games.

Geoff9920

godisturbed said:
If you're worry about the single player being too arcadey I'd recommend trying out the realistic difficulty setting.

DuckRacer

belvedere said:
No really, I was really wondering if it was Unreal Engine 2.5 like in Vegas or if it's all Unreal Engine 3 this time!

:lol
According to the original OXM preview it's an "updated version of the UE3 used in Vegas 1" (I'm paraphrasing here).

Of course, they also said there'd be 4-player co-op in the campaign, so... :lol

Treo360

Geoff9920 said:
If you're worry about the single player being too arcadey I'd recommend trying out the realistic difficulty setting.

Agreed. In this years version nearly every Tango is a Super Marksman. 2-3 shots max depending on the weapon. Expect one hit kills. Of course this all depends on the Armor that you decide to wear. I'm wearing 7 on armor and 3 on mobility. On realistic it take about 3 shots to take me out, unless it's a head shot or a shotty sniper.

As for texture pop-in, there is some, but not Gears of war bad

Got a question on the Release date. Is it coming out the 19th or the 18th. I assume it ships the 18th, arrives in stores the 19th.

Also on a note about the texture popping... I had that issue on my Xbox 360 when I had the first vegas. It would do its slow texture load then I would get the "unable to read disc" error heh... here is hoping my ps3 doesnt do this...

Geoff9920

Treo360 said:
Agreed. In this years version nearly every Tango is a Super Marksman. 2-3 shots max depending on the weapon. Expect one hit kills. Of course this all depends on the Armor that you decide to wear. I'm wearing 7 on armor and 3 on mobility. On realistic it take about 3 shots to take me out, unless it's a head shot or a shotty sniper.

As for texture pop-in, there is some, but not Gears of war bad
Is the armor still set up that there's no difference between having your armor at 7 than at 9?

Treo360

Geoff9920 said:
Is the armor still set up that there's no difference between having your armor at 7 than at 9?

You know, I haven't even though about that, which is why I have my setup at 7:3 because of the last game. I'll try later today to see if there is a difference, mind you, the A.I. is brutal, and they do pop off quite a few head shots .

belvedere

Junior Butler
Duck said:
According to the original OXM preview it's an "updated version of the UE3 used in Vegas 1" (I'm paraphrasing here).

Of course, they also said there'd be 4-player co-op in the campaign, so... :lol

Interesting.

I could be wrong, but I though I remembered reading that Vegas 1 used an advanced UE2 (UE 2.5) variant, it wasn't truly UE3.

Arnie

Could anyone with the game early please post some screens of maps to show the upgrade in graphics from vegas 1 to vegas 2. For example if someone could post a screenshot of the killhouse map in vegas 2, that would be awesome. Also if anyone with the game early could list the names of all the maps, that would be useful to. Thx.

Il be getting this game on Thursday in the UK from GAME so if anyone wants to play, i should be on this game until Novemberish.

Xbox Live GT:arnie lfc

-ARNiE- said:
Could anyone with the game early please post some screens of maps to show the upgrade in graphics from vegas 1 to vegas 2. For example if someone could post a screenshot of the killhouse map in vegas 2, that would be awesome. Also if anyone with the game early could list the names of all the maps, that would be useful to. Thx.

Il be getting this game on Thursday in the UK from GAME so if anyone wants to play, i should be on this game until Novemberish.

Xbox Live GT:arnie lfc
what happens in November?

Raide

What do people think about this feature in the game?

Reload-Cancel. If you click the reload button and during the animation someone runs around the corner, you can do a RC and quickly put in the previous magazine and shoot the remaining bullets.

I hate being caught out while reloading. I try and pick the time nobody is around and as I press the button, someone dives into the room and kills me as I wait for the reload animation to finish :lol

Treo360

Raide said:
What do people think about this feature in the game?

Reload-Cancel. If you click the reload button and during the animation someone runs around the corner, you can do a RC and quickly put in the previous magazine and shoot the remaining bullets.

I hate being caught out while reloading. I try and pick the time nobody is around and as I press the button, someone dives into the room and kills me as I wait for the reload animation to finish :lol

The problem is most of the times when you are reloading you drop the clip you want to replace, so in fact doing what you want to do would only get you killed quicker. Stop reloading after every missed shot/kill that you get/do. I can't tell you how many times I scored a quick kill on someone who reloads after they get a kill or missed kill opportunity.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Hmm, I'm getting this game tomorrow. Still have to finish the single player of the first though. Do I need to finish it to pick up on 2?

Anyone that will get the game tomorrow or sometime after that on PS3, add me! :D

PSN: Teetris

Pakman

Is the Rainbow Six movie still in the works? Or has it been canned? And it better be a good representation of the book itself - not some damn glorified Colin Farrell S.W.A.T. movie.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Can anyone with the PS3 version confirm at which resolution this runs? And if they fixed the 1080i issue from VEGAS 1/PS3. G35Twinturbo stiff armed me into asking this, help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
LiquidMetal14 said:
Can anyone with the PS3 version confirm at which resolution this runs? And if they fixed the 1080i issue from VEGAS 1/PS3. G35Twinturbo stiff armed me into asking this, help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

best had

/slap!

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
For anyone who's played the game, do you know if you can play the story mode in co-op on Realistic difficulty and both guys get the achievement for completing the story on Realistic?

calder

Will likely get the game Wednesday.

PSN: caldermuyo, but I think my list is full. I may have to trim some ppl :( maybe the Warhawk peeps... stupid 50 limit.

viakado said:
so when are gametrailers and ign reviews coming out?

edit: is the fry's deal for $40.00 really true? for all fry's stores?

Not only is it true, but I already got my raincheck for it. I highly recommend everyone going by tomorrow to at least pick up a raincheck given the Assassin's Creed fiasco. Their computers wouldn't let them give out rainchecks because the ad had expired and they were insisting that we had to have foresight of getting a raincheck in advance. Fortunately they found more copies otherwise people would have been pissed. So lesson learned, get your raincheck before the ad expires.

PS I'm in on the 360 version, GT is Darknight.

If you add me, make sure you leave a message saying you're from GAF. I get a lot of random requests that I usually deny if I don't know the person.

dork

Banned
Some gamestops are getting same day shipments, which means we will have them tomorrow

IE: my boss is driving to indiana and then bringing them back to the stores in his area.

AKA I get my copy :).

Not all stores though. Everyone else has them wednesday

Top Bottom