• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six Vegas 2 |OT| of no auto shotguns

ascully

Domino Theory said:
For anyone who's played the game, do you know if you can play the story mode in co-op on Realistic difficulty and both guys get the achievement for completing the story on Realistic?

I just played through on realistic with a friend over live and we both "DIDNT" get the achieve what a pain in the ass

Raide

Zer0 said:
yeah...the first have 4 player coop

and there is no reason to not have 4 in this,u will have 4 operatives on screen,you,your coop friend and two more guys,and u stil have to direct these two guys,the second player does nothing

The leader (Bishop) gives the orders to the A.I team, the second player (Knight) is free to do what he wants. Is it the games fault the second player cannot be bothered to do anything or listen to his leader? How about using Knight for recon and making multiple point entries on the level? You don't need to use the A.I to do everything. The co-op is all about playing co-op and working together to do things, if a player cannot figure that out, go play singleplayer.

calder

Picked up the game and am about to dive in (PS3). Both of my brothers who were interested got it too, but the fuckers already agreed to play the campaign co-op with each other first. Stupid punks.

Oh, you gotta love those day1 patchs. :lol

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
blazinglazers said:
any of your lucky suckers who have this try this out? is it the MLG map, or something else?

The MLG map you get for pre-ordering. This is a whole other map.

From my speculation, I think it's just an indoor building with a bunch of "Comcastic" signs everywhere.

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
I tried entering that Comcast Faster-thing and it apparantely worked for me. Didn't bother checking what it was out though.

SUPREME1

Banned
So, I know Teamxbox and IGN are related.

But how can they have two seperate reviews (I read both) and still come up with the exact score (8.4)?

Laaaaame.

One part of me wants to buy this game, because I loved the first one so much, but the other part of me doesn't want to support shitty Ubisoft sequels.

Dama

Banned
i played the map, i didnt know it was a pre order special. when i first joined i was like wtf is up with these mlg ads. every wall had a mlg poster. 100 mlg posters lol.

ohh and i think if the host has the map, you can join and play it.

SUPREME1

Banned
DubloSeven said:
One part of me wants to buy this game, because I loved the first one so much, but the other part of me doesn't want to support shitty Ubisoft sequels.

What constitutes a sh*tty sequel?

More of the same, of what you liked already?

What about improving on it, even if it's a slight improvement?

Sounds like the game will be as good as the last one, which I really enjoyed. Especially online.

It is what it is, not CoD4.

calder

Pistols are used mainly by police officers and military personnel who need a small, compact weapon for blah blah.

I'm liking it so far, took 10 minutes to unlearn COD4 and start playing Vegas again, I was fumbling for vision controls and tossed a frag at my squadmate standing 4 feet away like I always do when switching shooters. Almost done the first mission, all the R6:V I liked back in slightly better form. Leveling up shit is clearly going to be addictive, and even the few meager items it unlocked for me at the beginning due to my 'veteran' status due to my Vegas1 saved game was a nice touch.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Geoff9920 said:
http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3166991

1up just posted their review.
Score: A-

Multiplayer matches no longer have to be balanced, so it's possible to set games for hardcore experts to show off their skills by taking on large armies of opponents, and (at last, someone gets it!) players can now invite friends into ranked matches from the multiplayer lobby. Invite recipients are automatically teamed up with the sender of the invite, facilitating a vaguely clanlike experience. Fans will also be happy to learn that load times appear to have been reduced dramatically for multiplayer sessions, too.

Cool.

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
Just read the Eurogamer review of the game, and so far I feel it's the best review of the game imho. Very informative about both the good and the bad things in the game. They sum it up pretty well and give it a solid score (7/10).

Dama

Banned
wtf at 1up saying loading times are better. they might be better but it still takes forever to load a map

DevelopmentArrested said:
Because he has the game, moran?

That it isn't..
I didn't read the whole thread, sorry about that. But still the reason I asked is because a friend who also got the game said the load times are MUCH better MP wise and we were just playing Vegas 1 last night so he had a pretty good frame of comparison.

DuckRacer

ItsInMyVeins said:
Just read the Eurogamer review of the game, and so far I feel it's the best review of the game imho. Very informative about both the good and the bad things in the game. They sum it up pretty well and give it a solid score (7/10).
Yeah, it's definitely worth the read. The comments about the campaign and graphics are pretty disappointing, but they seem to fix all the issues I had with the first game's MP so I think I'll be good to go.

Duck said:
Yeah, it's definitely worth the read. The comments about the campaign and graphics are pretty disappointing, but they seem to fix all the issues I had with the first game's MP so I think I'll be good to go.
From what I have read everywhere, the game is basically a solid sequel. I loved Vegas 1 so I am sure I will love Vegas 2

gillty

Banned
Dama said:
wtf at 1up saying loading times are better. they might be better but it still takes forever to load a map
wtf are you talking about, 1UP said they are better JUST LIKE YOU SAID. :lol

btw load times for multiplayer maps seem to take half the time they did in vegas1, I played alot so I should know.

calder

The online is a bit frustrating right now, well it's fine for me but my brother has been disconnected every 10 minutes or so.

... and now we can't connect to each other at all. So the 3 of us gave up terr hunt (kept disconnecting or failing to connect) and played a DM, it worked for about 20 minutes then booted us all. Now we can't join any games we're creating.

Everdred

Wow this thread is full of debby downers.

This game is just an expansion of the first. Its going to be just like the first game with small enhancements. Yes it should be priced at $40, but I'm easily willing to pay $60 because I'm going to get my moneys worth.

Eric WK

strange_booj said:

This game is just an expansion of the first. Its going to be just like the first game with small enhancements. Yes it should be priced at $40, but I'm easily willing to pay $60 because I'm going to get my moneys worth.

Seriously.

If I play the game half as much as I played Vegas 1, it's worth sixty bucks. But the majority of GAF isn't satisfied unless the game comes with a mechanical USB attachment that gives you a handjob while you play.

Eric WK said:
Seriously.

If I play the game half as much as I played Vegas 1, it's worth sixty bucks. But the majority of GAF isn't satisfied unless the game comes with a mechanical USB attachment that gives you a handjob while you play.

The majority of GAF isn't satisfied with paying 60$ for a minor upgrade.

strange_booj said:

If the amount of time I played Vegas is the same with Vegas 2 then I will EASILY get $60 worth of fun out of this.

Skenzin

Banned
Did they atleast improve the MP graphics over the vegas1? Some of Vegas1 textures were pretty blurry and the online had very vasoline smeary quality. Also the character models weren't that great.

Loved vegas1 online nonetheless but it never felt like a true nextgen clancy game. More like something UBI rushed. Wished they would have taken their time and made another game with RavenShield-like quality.

Skenzin said:
Did they atleast improve the MP graphics over the vegas1? Some of Vegas1 textures were pretty blurry and the online had very vasoline smeary quality. Also the character models weren't that great.

Loved vegas1 online nonetheless but it never felt like a true nextgen clancy game. More like something UBI rushed. Wished they would have taken their time and made another game with RavenShield-like quality.
I would recommend giving the HD version of this a watch.
Link: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/31741.html
Looks a lot cleaner in my opinion.

calder

Playing the SP now, really really liking it. Yeah it's definitely an expansion pack of a game, but I'm a sucker for the formula so I can't complain that I was there day 1, we sure knew that going in.

Played a bit of campaign co-op (at least until i was disconnected) and I dunno, I'm fine playing the story mode single. Something about the story mode is more fun *without* another guy there, especially one telling you what door to stack up on and when to enter the room. :p

The online terr hunt, when it was working, was extremely fun as always. Even the versus modes we tried were pretty interesting and engaging, I really hope the connection problems we were having are temporary and not widespread. Really, the 3 of us are all very close geographically, 2 of us are on the same ISP and since I set up their networks I know their routers are good (at least they've never had any trouble with other online games).

EDIT: the graphics are a mixed bag for me - I've only played a bit but while there seems to be more geometry in the maps/levels I've seen there is some really shoddy texture work. I expect the PS3 version to have slightly poorer textures to begin with, but several reviews on the 360 have said the texture work is no great prize there either. In the Pyrenees there's some really iffy low res textures going on, and the character models seem a bit fuzzier too in MP. It runs pretty well though, this type of shooter doesn't exactly demand 60fps but it's at least stable seeming so far.

Everdred

The only thing I really want added to RS games is more interactive environments. When I throw a grenade into an office the explosion should blow the file cabinets, papers and computer moniters everywhere. If I throw a grenade in an area with cheap plywood walls they should blow apart the cover in that area.

Domino Theory said:
The MLG map you get for pre-ordering. This is a whole other map.

From my speculation, I think it's just an indoor building with a bunch of "Comcastic" signs everywhere.
Awesome, thanks. And you know, I kinda hope you're right. :lol

purg3

slept with Malkin
WTF, you need to create an UBI.com account to get the streets map and then download it from the marketplace. So stupid, but I should already have one since they did the same shit with GRAW before.

What's with the MLG map? Is it just a code, and are all retailers doing it? I didn't get one when I pre-ordered.

purg3 said:
WTF, you need to create an UBI.com account to get the streets map and then download it from the marketplace. So stupid, but I should already have one since they did the same shit with GRAW before.

What's with the MLG map? Is it just a code, and are all retailers doing it? I didn't get one when I pre-ordered.
I hope so, that would suck if you couldn't get a map if you didn't pre order. I have to remember my Ubi account because I NEED Streets. Love that map.

darkressurection said:
I am glad that LVU Campus is still in, if only for T-Hunt

Ugh, I really wish it wasn't in Vegas 2. If I wanted 90% of the t-hunt rooms to play LVU, I'd stick with the first game.

acevans2

This game's getting some REALLY HIGH scores considering what it is.

And there doesn't seem to be much (if any) hype in the gaming community, considering the reviews. Weird.

Everdred

TAR-21 assault rifle
Hold RB and press Down(2), Up(2), X, B, X, B, Y, Up(2), Y while customizing your character's guns and clothing.

Comcast Event multi-player map
Select the "Extras" option at the main menu. Select the "Comcast Gift" option, then enter Comcast Faster as a password to unlock the "Comcast Event" multi-player map.

Prequel bonus
Have a saved game file from Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas with an "Elite rank". When starting a new game in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 you will be given 2,500 experience points, the ballistic face mask, and flight helmet.

Kingpen

wow, from the Eurogamer review...

'Lasting just seven 'acts' (over 25 scenes each lasting about 10-15 minutes), the single-player campaign is woefully short-lived. Putting the game on at 10am on a leisurely Sunday morning, I'd finished the whole thing before my belly started rumbling for an evening meal - and that's factoring in numerous breaks for snacks, IM chats and idle net-browsing. Your mileage will vary related to difficulty level and your ability to nail terrorists, but the ongoing trend for shorter single-player experiences in blockbuster releases is blatantly in evidence here, with six hours likely to be the average first run-through for most.'

'Worse, screen-tearing issues are still rampant, and texturing is often alarmingly bland.'

I'm seriously considering not picking this up tomorrow now.... I said I would not pay full price for a short GRAW2 type of game again. The developer sounds like he blatently lied about the content and length in an interview he had last week...

TimeLike

I swear I read in an interview recently that he said the game was an hour longer than its predecessor. Hmmmmmmmmmm........

Top Bottom