• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rapist gets 6 months because prison sentence would have a severe impact on him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well at least those 3 months in jail will serve to ruin his life and potential career as what would otherwise have been an upstanding middle-class professional.

If it's any consolation, to the family of the victims, it's that he's never going to be able to accomplish his dreams and life-ambitions now, and will end up scraping at the bottom of the barrel of the professional jobs market for the next 15 - 25 years...

Has justice been served..? Maybe..?

Unless your idea of justice is that he's hog-tied in a cell and buttf***ed by gangs of burly men for the next 6 years of his life...?

liquidtmd

Banned
Unless your idea of justice is that he's hog-tied in a cell and buttf***ed by gangs of burly men for the next 6 years of his life...?

No it isn't but if that did happen, they could argue it wasn't rape I guess

"It was 20minutes of action in the shower your honour, please I shouldn't be here"

Brakke

Banned
This thread's gone real sour, my dudes. Is there some Righteous Retribution Olympics event that everybody registered for? What if we didn't yell sardonically about brutal buttfucking?

We have a huge problem with rape in this country.

It's weird that most people don't seem to give a shit when everyone has a mother, sister or daughter.

Fam I was being facetious.

That is why I wrote /sarcasm....

There's no way I agree with any of this farce of a sentencing.

It's just rich entitled kids getting off scot free.

If a black dude or a mexican dude did the same thing they'd be behind bars for life and charged with terrorism or something on top of it all.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
The only justice here is that the father has extended and amplified his son's infamy. Whatever chance he had of being quietly forgotten has just been punted a decade into the future.

bionic77

Fam I was being facetious.

That is why I wrote /sarcasm....

There's no way I agree with any of this farce of a sentencing.

It's just rich entitled kids getting off scot free.

If a black dude or a mexican dude did the same thing they'd be behind bars for life and charged with terrorism or something on top of it all.
I wasn't coming after you. I agreed with what you said. Just a general commentary.

I mean most people are never even charged with rape.

Like I said I think we have a big problem with rape in this country but it's weird how we react. We all know it's wrong but we never do anything about it.

CTLance

I think we can all agree that he did deserve more than just the minimum sentence he actually got slapped with.

But please, let's not openly hope that he gets twenty-minutes-of-action'd in jail. Rape is not funny, rape is not a punishment; rape is rape. If he gets effed up the b in prison without his consent and complains I will be firmly on his side, regardless of his prior acts and whether anyone thinks he deserved it or not. It might feel cathartic to some of us, but it's still rape, and I cannot condone that at any level, against any person.

I sure do hope he is scared of those showers, though. That's something that might give him some food for thought.

We have a huge problem with rape in this country.

It's weird that most people don't seem to give a shit when everyone has a mother, sister or daughter.

This. So much this. My daughter is 1. I'm worried like shit given the statistics on sexual assaults.

The attitude of this judge and father are perfect examples of that. Why the fuck does the judge give more of a shit about the well being of a rapist than justice for a woman that's been raped and setting an example to would-be rapists that this won't be tolerated?

Why does the father have this "boys will be boys" attitude in claiming it's just "20 minutes of action"? It wasn't action, it was rape.

Personally I think rapists should get decades in prison.

I think we can all agree that he did deserve more than just the minimum sentence he actually got slapped with.

But please, let's not openly hope that he gets twenty-minutes-of-action'd in jail. Rape is not funny, rape is not a punishment; rape is rape. If he gets effed up the b in prison without his consent and complains I will be firmly on his side, regardless of his prior acts and whether anyone thinks he deserved it or not. It might feel cathartic to some of us, but it's still rape, and I cannot condone that at any level, against any person.

I sure do hope he is scared of those showers, though. That's something that might give him some food for thought.

He'll 2 two months with good behavior in a county lockup. He'll be fine.

Brinbe

Read the victim's letter earlier this morning and it crushed my spirit. All that bullshit she went through during that entire trial and that's the verdict that comes down? My gosh, I'd be furious. She handled it with more class than I ever would.

Fuck that dirtbag who committed the rape, his idiot father and perhaps most of all, that failure of a judge. Justice was not served here. When you do worse than that 'affluenza' you know you fucked up.

Cheesehead9099

Neo Member
I don't know how people can say that father's statement is just "love for his son" and that it's just misguided. His dad's viewpoint makes it clear why he shows no remorse himself. Those closest to him have told him he did nothing wrong, and they believe it.

I'm pretty sure my parents love me but if I did something like this they would disown me.

I don't know how people can say that father's statement is just "love for his son" and that it's just misguided. His dad's viewpoint makes it clear why he shows no remorse himself. Those closest to him have told him he did nothing wrong.

I'm pretty sure my parents love me but if I did something like this they would disown me.

My father and brother would probably beat me nearly to death. They'd never in 1000 years tolerate that shit.

MUnited83

For you.

He's serving the sentence in a county jail, the worst thing he has to fear is a crappy bed.

This story is such an incredible bookmark in our current culture.

You have a well-educated white woman who was saved by witnesses, the rapist is found guilty, and people still can't call this motherfucker a rapist, people still don't believe her, and he still gets away with a light sentence.

NYMag said:
This is completely different from a woman getting kidnapped and raped as she is walking to her car in a parking lot. That is a rapist. These are not rapists. These are idiot boys and girls having too much to drink and not being aware of their surroundings and having clouded judgement.

Perpetuating the myth of the "rapist in the bushes" and straight up saying that fucking blacked out girls isn't real rape.

Where is the empathy?

I used to laugh at the Onion poking fun at society....

... It's not really funny when it's actually, monstrously true.

Onion is on point though. Again.

When I see stuff like that Onion thing, I do my best to spread/hope that people finally wake up to shit going on.

Well at least those 3 months in jail will serve to ruin his life and potential career as what would otherwise have been an upstanding middle-class professional.

If it's any consolation, to the family of the victims, it's that he's never going to be able to accomplish his dreams and life-ambitions now, and will end up scraping at the bottom of the barrel of the professional jobs market for the next 15 - 25 years...

Has justice been served..? Maybe..?

I believe his family has money. If they can afford expensive university tuition and expensive lawyers, three months of county jail time isn't going to ruin his life OR career trajectories. He won't be scraping for anything at the bottom of the barrel, I guarantee that. When he gets out, his ethnicity and parents with means and connections will ensure that he will be fine. He has the highest chances of basically being unaffected by this joke of a three month sentence.

bionic77

This. So much this. My daughter is 1. I'm worried like shit given the statistics on sexual assaults.
Yeah the stats, especially in college, are insane.

We are so weird as a culture. If some stats are right your daughter has maybe a 25% of being sexually assaulted when she goes away to college and no one seems to give a shit.

We have a Violent culture problem.

It goes beyond simply one thing.
I won't disagree with this but we at least react to violence and for the most part the consequences are incredibly severe for anyone that doesn't wear a uniform.

I'm cool with the victim reading a personal statement but why the fuck is the father and or others allowed? Who the fuck cares what they hve to say?

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Rapist swimmer gets a slap in wrist for his awful act, as to not "impact his life".

Meanwhile, that guy who had consensual sex with a girl who lied about her age, whose legal guardian (the girl's mother) didn't want to press rape charges gets sent to prison and listed as a sex offender "because he must be made an example".

What the fuck.

Can I get a link for that other story, I remember it, but can't find it.

Brakke

Banned
Unfortunately, I think you have to live in their...jurisdiction? area? and a citizen or some shit to actually have an effect.

Either way, the bigger the number, the better.

The word is "constituency".

Related, I'm curious: has a change.org petition ever actually resulted in anything? I can't think of a case but I'd like to know.

character witness shit. Like we're supposed to feel sorry for this bright, smart, white boy.

And blame alcohol.

Some Michigan case iirc.

I mean we are talking about literal witnessed rape. What the fuck is the point of a character witness? It isnt he say vs she say. It's these 2 people watcjed you rape an unconscious body. What more needs to be discussed about "character"? Timmy maybe an otherwise cool dude but we know he did this shit so . . .. who cares what his dad has to say?

KingBroly

Banned
I won't disagree with this but we at least react to violence and for the most part the consequences are incredibly severe for anyone that doesn't wear a uniform.

I agree, but I think going after a singular cause of crime (rape, murder, etc.) is only going to make things spill over into other areas so they unfortunately continue. To stop it, you have to go after everything. As horribly cliched and ironic as it sounds, "the War on Violence" probably needs to happen.

E92 M3

Am I alone in feeling like alcohol doesn't lead me to assault people or do things I wouldn't consider while sober?

No, when I drink (not often), everything just becomes funnier. I like to say that alcohol is the mechanism that unlocks inhibitions. The whole excuse of "I was drunk" doesn't fly with me. People don't change, they just become less aware of social consequences.

Brakke

Banned
Related, I'm curious: has a change.org petition ever actually resulted in anything? I can't think of a case but I'd like to know.

Actually maybe I don't know what change.org is. Turns out there are a few cases of public officials acknowledging campaigns directly. Also change.org has some "victories" highlighted.

I thought change.org was some thing where the Obama Administration is obliged to respond at some threshold? Was that something different?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom